Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Okay I'm finally here and I feel it goes without saying that I'm Batman. I mean it's pretty obvious isn't it? Just look at my chiseled jaw and broody eyebrows.
    the-batman-movie-fan-poster-ben-affleck-1000887.png

Anyway, don't like Steve's Shakespeare shiit and the chat about Dent drove me to drink. Is there a reason why Dent wouldn't just reveal himself straight away?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Doris WW wrote: »

Anyway, don't like Steve's Shakespeare shiit and the chat about Dent drove me to drink. Is there a reason why Dent wouldn't just reveal himself straight away?

How dareth thee!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    POLICE POWERLESS
    CRIME WAVE GROWS
    BATMAN AND ROBIN FOILED AGAIN
    THE JOKER IS WILD

All but one of those, are kinda of weather related - Stormy if you will! Except the 3rd one. So maybe to do with the weather report.

These seem to be about objects or buildings

BATMAN AND ROBIN TO CHRISTEN NEW LINER
    SS Gotham to be launched tomorrow
    Giant Plane Found All Aboard Safe
    Court Seeks Adjournment??
    GOVERNOR RETURNS??
    Face-Lifting Job To Start On City Hall
    Educators hold annual meet here

These are all rules, taxes, regulations.

New petitions against tax
    PREPAID TAXES BREACH HIGHEST MARK IN HISTORY
    'CASUAL LABOUR' RULES CLARIFIED BY OFFICIAL
    BUILDING CODE UNDER FIRE
    TRAFFIC TOLL AT NEW HIGH

I dont know what to make of those, but it might help something click with someone!

Nothing jumping out, main headlines have 2, 3, 4 & 5 words. Obscure tangent, can't make anything out of selecting portions of them.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Hon Shane, ole ole ole ole

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Hon Shane, ole ole ole ole

Logged in solely to say exactly this. Some performance.

Drunk Wendy is here for about 20 mins

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

How dareth thee!!

Considering there might be tasks I find your use of Shakespear speak potentially dangerous to ignore.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Haven't really been reading much. Seems like a lot of back and forth nonsense between people so far.

Sounds to me like the competition is running today and the prize for said competition will be given tomorrow...

I find this post really strange but I'm also drunk lol

It's basically to me someone posting for the sake of posting with about as much input as a wet shoe

Okay I'm finally here and I feel it goes without saying that I'm Batman. I mean it's pretty obvious isn't it? Just look at my chiseled jaw and broody eyebrows.
    the-batman-movie-fan-poster-ben-affleck-1000887.png

Well yeah cos he's a wolf. His chances of winning as villager are like miniscule

Frank WW wrote: »
    Considering there might be tasks I find your use of Shakespear speak potentially dangerous to ignore.

Ohhh - your so detective!!!

The game hasnt started yet for tasks! but dont let that put you off!!

Ah Fiona are you still going down the Gabs is the Riddler path :(

I know it's hard to exit tunnels but I really think you're beating down the wrong bush here.

If I'm wrong I'll marry Gabs on thread post game.

• Advertisement

What do you mean, the game started yesterday :confused:

Gab isnt the riddler he is the joker or harley quinn

Gab isnt the riddler he is the joker or harley quinn

I don't agree tbh Fiona I dont see an SK or possible convert (if they even exist) being so out there with their theories

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Good evening fellow citizens. Not enough dancing for my liking.

giphy.gif

The theory was just a way to get thier message out there, look at the post last night at 00:08

Wendy WW wrote: »
    What do you mean, the game started yesterday :confused:

Its a soft start, The game proper doesnt start till day one - Or so I presume. I would expect a competition or so, but not tasks etc, £ people hadnt posted at all until the last hr or 2.

But - Maybe im reading it wrong. And a soft start meant an actual start. Which would make me wonder why they would discount 2 days and not just call it a start!

The theory was just a way to get thier message out there, look at the post last night at 00:08

Why would you not just quote it? instead of making me do stuff!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

How do you know this?

Games often have tasks in Day 0. Less likely to have competitions then, but tasks, yeah.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Its a soft start, The game proper doesnt start till day one - Or so I presume. I would expect a competition or so, but not tasks etc, £ people hadnt posted at all until the last hr or 2.

But - Maybe im reading it wrong. And a soft start meant an actual start. Which would make me wonder why they would discount 2 days and not just call it a start!

Other way around usually.

Why would you not just quote it? instead of making me do stuff!

Im on my phone, wtf making you do stuff? Look if you want or dont, ive already quoted it last night

• Advertisement

Liam WW wrote: »
    How do you know this?

Games often have tasks in Day 0. Less likely to have competitions then, but tasks, yeah.

Dammit drunk Wendy likes this post.

*Shakes first at Liam*

Wait till sober Wendy reads this though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Frank WW wrote: »

So what you're saying here is that there ARE tasks?? How would you know that???

So what you're saying here is that there ARE tasks?? How would you know that???

Oooohhhh I knew something was niggling at me about that post!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Nope 2nd one was Barbra, never mind anon is hard

2nd what?

I think I might have sussed out what the papers were about.

Although, if it is, then ouch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Although, if it is, then ouch.

are you willing to throw your thoughts out there?

Abigail WW wrote: »
    are you willing to throw your thoughts out there?

Yep, just rereading the thread, for more info.

Okay, here's the theory.

This theory needs there to be a Harley Quinn character and that joker has to find HQ, or HQ has to find joker.
    Eva WW wrote: »
    In a room full of Batman’s I’d like to be Harley Quinn, she is fire! :P

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d32db916752774e4d4b46ca&rid=giphy.gif

But I also want to be hip and in with it so I hate to break it to you all but

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d32e6176936656477c0cd18&rid=giphy.gif

This is the flare, come find me.
    WerewolfGM wrote: »
    AmrP.gif

mods announce SK team has formed.

POLICE POWERLESS
    CRIME WAVE GROWS
    BATMAN AND ROBIN FOILED AGAIN
    THE JOKER IS WILD

Eva WW wrote: »
    Having had time to read back over the OP I wanted to give my thoughts and see what you all think. I think it’s good if we bounce ideas off each other on theories and such. It’s a slow burn weekend and not everyone’s going to be around loads to all out accuse each other :P But if we could flesh out the OP a bit while we’ve so little to go on I think it could work to our advantage.

Penguin - Counterfeiter - Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot, a Gotham City mobster who fancies himself a "gentleman of crime", can usually be found at the Iceberg Lounge nightclub and has recently taken to the art of counterfeit. What exactly will he be faking that should rightly have the citizens of Gotham so worried?

After reading the role meaning for counterfeiter this makes sense, I wouldn’t have gotten it without that so thanks whoever it was that posted it. Makes sense now, he fakes the lynch results and has citizens of Gotham ripping each other to shreds over lying about where they voted. This is going to put a serious spanner in the works for wagonomics as we won’t know if results are being manipulated or someone is genuinely lying about where they voted.

Riddler - Edward Nygma has a compulsive need for attention and just can't help himself when it comes to dropping complex riddles and puzzles for Batman and friends to solve. Will you be able to solve the Puzzle of The Riddler to help the citizens of Gotham? Or will the Rogues reap the rewards of his antics?

- He has a compulsive need for attention so possibly the newspaper or even Steve with his Shakespearean posts. I’m rubbish at riddles though so won’t be much help figuring out what it means.

Poison Ivy - Dr Pamela Isley is a Gotham City botanist who is obsessed with plants, ecological extinction, and environmentalism. As her name suggests she is a fan of using poison on her victims but the question you will be asking is Orchid or Rose? One is poisoned, one is not. Each day that Ivy is alive she can send these two flowers to players of her choice. Only she knows which contains the poison.

- I really like the flavour of this character, rather than your standard run of the mill vig this is a nice twist. I wonder does the flower that’s not poisoned do anything. I’m sure the poisoning will be announced on thread but should we announce when flowers are received on thread, any information is helpful right?

Two Face / Harvey Dent
    One night good (day & night phases), the next bad, Harvey has powers to match, each time with a 50/50 chance of success. If Harvey lasts to the end and is good he can win with the Village. If he's bad they have to kill him or Big Bad Harv will lash out for the win. Seer Checks night 1: Harvey Dent - District Attorney, Night 2: Two Face

- This is a really interesting role, does it mean he’s bad one night as in a wolf and will have address to BRs in that period then turn good again the next night? Surely not? Also if he makes it to the end good, does that mean if the last day falls on an uneven day then he’ll be village?

I’m avoiding digging into the village roles and I would err on the side of caution anyone that questions them too much, can come across a bit like fishing for someone to slip up, answer and reveal their role. Or I could just be paranoid, it’s too early for that though right? :rolleyes:

On the newspaper, it has to mean something right? My initial thoughts were that it didn’t say mod announcement but I don’t think that matters does it? It wasn’t an announcement as such but it does mean something, just have to figure out what.

Notice something about this post, Its fixated on the wolf team, Joker / SK not mentioned.

That's part 1.

Now for Part 2.

May not be connected, but,
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I don't think it is you know. I will riddle in the morning.

I've found Harvey Quinn
    Maxie Zeus
    Assistant DA
    Thomas Wayne
    Robin
    Martha

I'll uncover more in the morning.

Steve is suspect and I wonder if he's been given poison?

This is an interesting role for the doctor....

Fiona already said this half last night, but, maybe there is something to be gained by doing task saying he found her, or maybe he is boasting, i dunno, but together, it makes the papers make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Evening all, just had a good catch up and made some notes.

Babs I’m interested in what you come up with regarding the newspaper, I found out some information myself.

The newspapers are from an episode of the tv show. The episode is called Batman is riled. In it the joker steals Batman’s utility belt which causes a crime wave in Gotham. The joker uses a TV studio to broadcast clues to where the next crime will be called “what’s my crime”

Over the course of the course the Joker gives a challenge to Batman and robin to figure out what’s wrong with the sentence “He who laughs last laughs good”

Now I’m not sure if the mods would go that deep into it or it’s all to do with the headlines but there could be something there. What do you guys think?

Advertisement