Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Batman

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Task - wolfy
    Joke - not helpful
    Riddle - you can’t start

This really confuses me. How do the three things I mention equate to your description?

I really don’t get it.

Steve could be just messing about. I’m not accusing him outright of anything but his behaviour is odd and worth commenting on. I remember a game where a player was messing about, posted a haiku, and got lynched for doing a task when it genuinely was just messing. But equally I’ve seen players do odd things for a very particular reason. You may think there’s nothing in it. But your attack on me for thinking there may be something in it, is confounding.

That you don't get it actually decreases my suspicion on you a little bit tbh.

I'll try and explain it though.

Basically, I see that post and find it wolfy as you're jumping onto Steve for possibly tasking.

BUT you're also including that he might be joking or riddling (which I don't get at all tbh, explain that to me).

So hence why I see it as hedging your bets on him rather than committing to a position. The way you explain it in the above post is much better though.

This is interesting. In a different game, you’d have been all over an opener like that.

I too noted for later who thanked the post.

Barbara indeed was the first to call her out on it. But you fail to mention that Steve was the second with the same time stamp as Barbara so likely a cross post. Why, as a matter of interest did you not mention that?

Mainly cos no one thanked the post. It was an ISO of Clodagh, not Babs or Steve.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    That you don't get it actually decreases my suspicion on you a little bit tbh.

I'll try and explain it though.

Basically, I see that post and find it wolfy as you're jumping onto Steve for possibly tasking.

BUT you're also including that he might be joking or riddling (which I don't get at all tbh, explain that to me).

So hence why I see it as hedging your bets on him rather than committing to a position. The way you explain it in the above post is much better though.

I still don’t get it. May need to mull over it for a while. Breakfast time!

I still don’t get it. May need to mull over it for a while. Breakfast time!

So as a wolf you know who the non-wolves are. It's your job to shade non-wolves and make them look wolfy without getting any of the blame when they end up inevitably flipping village.

So you supplant small ideas like Steve tasking or riddling into the thread and then back off and watch as the village rip him to shreds (all things going to plan).

You can then go back and say 'Hey, I did say he might be joking as well' and wander off into the sunset rubbing your wolfy paws with glee.

Does that help?

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Wendy very helpful, fair play nice work on the ISOs, a little pockety. Your late night reaction to Fionas gun totting chat is interesting to me. I do like your ISOs though

Coming back to this now Des, can you explain why pockety?

Also what did you make of my reaction to Fiona, you say it's interesting, can you explain why?

• Advertisement

Anyways looking at the two pictures posted up, the common theme in both is Gotham.

Newspapers and weather. Any other commonalities between them that we can figure out?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Coming back to this now Des, can you explain why pockety?

Also what did you make of my reaction to Fiona, you say it's interesting, can you explain why?

Pockety as in doing an ISO for Babs to get you in her good books.
    Jaysus Fee cool the jets, I was going to bed if you read about 4 posts or so later.

Why the rush to shoot someone anyways over phrasing?

Ok we're down the rabbit hole I guess.

You don't find Liams use of the word riddle a bit off then?

I don't buy into this word association you seem to want to but for you I'll look into it tomorrow, k hun?

My breakdown (if you can call it that) is the work of a quick word search on the thread before going to bed tbh.

And anyways i think ALL of this will be moot point when you see my post directly above this one.

Only way me and Gabs are associated is if we're on team village btw, I'm just not sure I see what you see in his/her posts.

I'd agree with your sentiment re rushing to shoot however your post seems quite defensive IMO.

So as a wolf you know who the non-wolves are. It's your job to shade non-wolves and make them look wolfy without getting any of the blame when they end up inevitably flipping village.

So you supplant small ideas like Steve tasking or riddling into the thread and then back off and watch as the village rip him to shreds (all things going to plan).

You can then go back and say 'Hey, I did say he might be joking as well' and wander off into the sunset rubbing your wolfy paws with glee.

Does that help?

Ah. I meant joking as in something the Joker would do. Not as in just messing about.

Riddles by the Riddler
    Jokes by the Joker.

But yes, it clarifies your thought process.

Pockety as in doing an ISO for Babs to get you in her good books.

I'd agree with your sentiment re rushing to shoot however your post seems quite defensive IMO.

Babs just called out people as being wolfy, I wanted to see if I agreed with her. Also cos it was continuing our line of discussion from last night.

Conor, I get. Angus, a little less so. I just don't find that opening post by Clodagh that a good few have jumped on as wolfy.

So I'd disagree with her on that, however I'm glad I went back and noticed the thankfest on Babs post re: Clodagh.

On being defensive, we'll have to agree to differ. Robust, sure. Defensive, nah.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Angus is bad.
    Wendy is next on the list

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Time will tell if Steve's antics are just pre-game messing or just finding his feet in role.

You would imagine that you would start out more subtle, rather than drawing attention straight away. Or is in a double bluff. Hiding in plain sight.

Mentioning gameplans has probably now raised a flag over me but I am a NRV, just trying to get into the mindset evil.

Like for me, someone actively being disappointed they weren't the SK is more wolfy:

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Im not Batman..... but I am annoyed at not being the SK, sounds like a fun role.

Than Clodagh's post below. But meh, maybe I just don't get it.
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Hello all. First post and checking in. Hope ye are all well :) excluding wolves.

Angus is bad.

source.gif

Care to flesh out those thoughts or are we still in random accusation phase;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

A lot of stupidity and bandwagons over my first post. This is very Wolfie behaviour.

Angus is bad.

Not sure on Angus but Wendy is defo on the watch list. He's here and replying so I'd throw any reasoning at him if you have any

Like for me, someone actively being disappointed they weren't the SK is more wolfy:

Weirdly I wouldn't find it odd thst someone is disappointed they didn't get a cool role :) Do I think a wolf or SK would post something like that 1st post? Nope

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Good morning, busy weekend here but I'm watching

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    AmrP.gif

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    35b8fefc140874a096ae61aa_rw_600.gif?h=22296ba0101a1a11d34602d1fe03b3b9

Quoting to see them together!

Isla WW wrote: »
    Good morning, busy weekend here but I'm watching

Any initial thoughts from your watcher vantage point?

• Advertisement

Quoting to see them together!

Presuming there is more clues to come cause that's making no sense to me.

Two references to the ocean in the first part, crime wave growing, and in a sub headline it mentions batman and robin are launching the SS Gotham! I'm definitely reading to much into this :(

Not sure on Angus but Wendy is defo on the watch list. He's here and replying so I'd throw any reasoning at him if you have any

Ah I'm always on the watch list lol. Any other suspicions or thoughts at the mo Des?

Ah I'm always on the watch list lol. Any other suspicions or thoughts at the mo Des?

To which I'm out of time to respond unfortunately. Away for the rest of the day now most likely.

Adios!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Stop thinking press

Stop the press

Gotham is in the US, where they use Fahrenheit, 32 is freezing point, freeze associates with stop, the line is also a batman line.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

How is wanting to be SK wolfy?

Explain?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Morning all.

I see Ewan’s still got a hard on for me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Actually can someone more clever then me work this out.

Is gabriel saying avatars have gave people away, and are all the characters he is talking about even avatars

No I'm not saying avatars gave people away.

Ewan does not equal Harvey even though his profile pic is of Harvey.

I said riddle because it's appears the village have to resolve a riddle before the wolves and if I was a mod you can bet your bottom dollar I'd tell you in the OP and not announce it on the thread. I'd make ya work for it!

I don't know if there's something in it, but onltby going down a rabbit hole and finding a negative can I show that it's a bad theory.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    As soon as I get my gun gabriel is dead unless the villagers can talk me down

Gabriel this is for you

Thanks for the song, but you'd be wrong really wrong. Tell me where you're getting YOUR GUN?

Sounds like it's a given and you know it will happen?

Advertisement