Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

A sudden explosion of mixologist initiates.

What kept ye lads?

Welcome - your going to love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

8mm wrote: »
    A sudden explosion of mixologist initiates.

What kept ye lads?

Welcome - your going to love it!

All these stupid new laws just gave me the push I needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

corsav6 wrote: »
    €70 initially, obviously I'll need a different juice for each tank and dripper and not forgetting extra flavours so I have an excuse to buy more tanks and drippers :D:D

Just had a look at a few sites there and €70 should more than cover me for a couple of months of experimenting. I'll most likely buy large quantities in 2 months, or sooner if things look like they might become hard to get.

Don't forget to check the stickie above for discount codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Darkstar order arrived today, wasn't expecting it until next week. Opened up the package and found the nicotine in GLASS AMBER BOTTLES! Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

yeah, mine came in same, sadly the cap on mine was busted and I ended up having to bore a hole in the cap to dispense it into other bottles :( BUT ... DS more than made up for it, sending me 60ml of Cap custard. And good service like that doesn't go unnoticed, I've ordered from them again, and will do in future. Can take a little long with the service I use for UK address, so I just make sure to order well in advance from them

• Advertisement

yeah, mine came in same, sadly the cap on mine was busted and I ended up having to bore a hole in the cap to dispense it into other bottles :( BUT ... DS more than made up for it, sending me 60ml of Cap custard. And good service like that doesn't go unnoticed, I've ordered from them again, and will do in future. Can take a little long with the service I use for UK address, so I just make sure to order well in advance from them

Very nice! For sure, I will definitely order more bits off them - prices are great too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Ah lads is there any site that doesn't have half of the concentrates out of stock. chefsvapour are the absolute worst for it. I fill my basket and wait for stuff to be in stock, then when they restock the stuff in my basket is out of stock, unbelievable.

e-dym.pl seem pretty good but again, some stuff that I just need to have is out of stock. What's the deal with this? You'd think resellers would have liters of each juice

More and more people getting into DIY I'd say, i find the same. Annoying when you have to split orders across various sites.

DS didn't have some of the ones I wanted in 30ml either. They at least had my main ones, Greek yogurt and Cheesecake graham crust and I decided to give malted milk a try.

My mixing has got a little stale and there are a bunch of other flavours I want but obviously not going to get 30ml+ of new stuff. Can never fault DS for their bulk stuff, just wish hey had a better selection

Yeah, I wish they did FA concentrates too!

• Advertisement

Darkstar order arrived today, wasn't expecting it until next week. Opened up the package and found the nicotine in GLASS AMBER BOTTLES! Delighted :)

Mine arrived today and the 100ml bottles are amber glass too.

Yay!

j26m wrote: »

Yay!

Woohoo! I ordered 7 100ml amber glass bottles because I thought they came in plastic but I'll get use out of them somehow :p

j26m wrote: »

Yay!

On Sunday??

How long are your orders from there taking in general from order to delivery?

Arrived in Parcel Motel last night near midnight - got the text as I was supping a beer.

I ordered on the 2nd, arrived late last night.

Not too bad, good to know they deliver up to Sat night. I'm still using AddressPal which takes longer, but is handier for me. Atm I'm ordering in advance to allow for the long delivery [last time took 12 days]

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Mine arrived yesterday as well. Sadly the litre bottle of nic was plastic so I'll have to get the Amber bottles and do the transfers myself.
    Got a dozen syringes in the box as well - nice touch

Hmmm, my order is still processing, since Friday morn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I put an order in last Thursday at DS & I just got an email to say it has been despatched to PM NI.

Mine's probably next batch lot then :) No rush for that order really, but I do like to see them process a bit quicker than that

Mine's probably next batch lot then :) No rush for that order really, but I do like to see them process a bit quicker than that

My order is in the Dublin depot,should be with me tomorrow morning,I must say,PM is very fast with their deliveries,at my pickup point,there are no boxes,but the petrol garage is open till 22.00,not a big deal for me but if I was working,that might be a nuisance.

• Advertisement

Anybody ever use the free postage option on e-dym.pl? Is it actually posted or does it mean pick up from Poland?!

I never knew that there was a free shipping option,always paid the shipping cost for my orders...

They got new stock of some flavours I wanted all at the same time so I bought about 20, the site is really damn cheap it's pretty amazing. Finally got Golden Butter and Cake Batter!

Their glazed doughtnut has a picture of chocolate glazed so I had to leave that one. Maybe cagey will sort me out with 10ml of the glazed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

chipfox wrote: »
    Anybody ever use the free postage option on e-dym.pl? Is it actually posted or does it mean pick up from Poland?!
    Pick up at collection point , I am afraid .

chipfox wrote: »
    They got new stock of some flavours I wanted all at the same time so I bought about 20, the site is really damn cheap it's pretty amazing. Finally got Golden Butter and Cake Batter!

Their glazed doughtnut has a picture of chocolate glazed so I had to leave that one. Maybe cagey will sort me out with 10ml of the glazed ;)

Haha, I surely will, but it's the choc glazed I got - if you want some of that, I'll sort ya?

On the mixing front my 2 latest are going down maybe too well ... must .... allow ... steep ...

One's a fruit custard, one's a caramel/choc mallow ... can't leave either alone atm, good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Looking for the best custard concentrate and where to buy it. Also any nice custard recipes would be appreciated. :)

Looking for the best custard concentrate and where to buy it. Also any nice custard recipes would be appreciated. :)

Capella custard v1 is hard to beat. So long as you dont mind knowing it contains some "nasties" like acetoin and you're patient enough to allow it steep a few weeks.

Tonnes of custard recipes on elr for custard, but I say experiment yourself. Think about what flavours you'd like with a custard and look at some of the popular recipes containing those flavours for ideas on percentages.

Capella custard v1 is hard to beat. So long as you dont mind knowing it contains some "nasties" like acetoin and you're patient enough to allow it steep a few weeks.

Tonnes of custard recipes on elr for custard, but I say experiment yourself. Think about what flavours you'd like with a custard and look at some of the popular recipes containing those flavours for ideas on percentages.

Any custards that don't contain nasties and where to purchase?

Any custards that don't contain nasties and where to purchase?

There's Capella custard V2, which is clean, but apparently nowhere near as good. You should be able to get that from any vendor selling concentrates really. Only other one I've tried was TFA vanilla custard, which to me was more like a vanilla cream. It's not bad, but doesn't have that thick, eggy custard feel I was after. Capella V1 does. FlavourArt custard will have no baddies in the mix, but I hear that one is also more like a vanilla cream.

I've seen people rave about Welsh custard and ABC [Another Bloody Custard] from Chefsvapour https://www.chefsvapour.co.uk/chefsvapour-concentrates/3175-welsh-custard-concentrate.html

Not tried that one either. A bit pricey.

• Advertisement

There's Capella custard V2, which is clean, but apparently nowhere near as good. You should be able to get that from any vendor selling concentrates really. Only other one I've tried was TFA vanilla custard, which to me was more like a vanilla cream. It's not bad, but doesn't have that thick, eggy custard feel I was after. Capella V1 does. FlavourArt custard will have no baddies in the mix, but I hear that one is also more like a vanilla cream.

I've seen people rave about Welsh custard and ABC [Another Bloody Custard] from Chefsvapour https://www.chefsvapour.co.uk/chefsvapour-concentrates/3175-welsh-custard-concentrate.html

Not tried that one either. A bit pricey.

Thanks for all the info friend, much appreciated.

Advertisement