Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

PTH2009 wrote: »
    a lot of the copys have sycing problems or are very large in size.

Its odd how a normal sized file hasnt shown up yet without issues? I got one thats just under 2 gigs I think and the sound goes out of sync very close to the start. This was from the Sunday night show.

From quick listens I think the gig on the 11th of November sounds a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I definitely watch the show on Christmas Night on RTE2. It will be fantastic.

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

I definitely watch the show on Christmas Night on RTE2. It will be fantastic.
    Why would I be watching this when I could be watching Die Hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,045 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Why would I be watching this when I could be watching Die Hard?

Thank god die hard or the u2 concert are not on Xmas eve that's the father Ted Xmas special night

I'm going to muse next April in the 3arena looks like it will be a similar show to the u2 show

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Thank god die hard or the u2 concert are not on Xmas eve that's the father Ted Xmas special night

I'm going to muse next April in the 3arena looks like it will be a similar show to the u2 show

It won't ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

Its odd how a normal sized file hasnt shown up yet without issues? I got one thats just under 2 gigs I think and the sound goes out of sync very close to the start. This was from the Sunday night show.

From quick listens I think the gig on the 11th of November sounds a bit better.

Ice if you use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I did watch it earlier on RTE. Loved the whole thing from start to finish.

I will buy the Blu-ray or DVD when it's eventually out in the music stores or on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

I did watch it earlier on RTE. Loved the whole thing from start to finish.

I will buy the Blu-ray or DVD when it's eventually out in the music stores or on Amazon.

Great show. Only disappointment is that they cut the second song which was a highlight of the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The bit with the dancers, in the TV show they got them all up, saying these are all the dancers that joined us on stage. Kinda seemed to suggest that they were either (a) fanatical supporters that had followed them around the world or (b) paid dancers.

Any insight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The bit with the dancers, in the TV show they got them all up, saying these are all the dancers that joined us on stage. Kinda seemed to suggest that they were either (a) fanatical supporters that had followed them around the world or (b) paid dancers.

Any insight?

Fanatical supporters that won some competition I think. I recognised the bird with the devil horns from the leaked show in November and the black lad dressed in the shiny builders outfit has seen them a ridiculous amount of times, and has his own documentary on Youtube. Basically people with money to burn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Overall the show reminded me of everything I don't like about U2 (well Bono) and everything I do love about U2. A very conflicted, and highly enjoyable watch it has to be said.

Can't wait to catch them live again in the flesh

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Fanatical supporters that won some competition I think. I recognised the bird with the devil horns from the leaked show in November and the black lad dressed in the shiny builders outfit has seen them a ridiculous amount of times, and has his own documentary on Youtube. Basically people with money to burn.

the guy with the youtube movie is a teacher, dj and part time musician. hes prob a secret millionaire or something. i have respect for this fans though because they dont go to these shows to get drunk, go there to say they were there etc like many irish gig goers. Bands should repay some of there mega super fans eg free tickets to a show of there choice etc

there was a planned documentary about the tour being made but think it was shelved after the paris attacks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Shedite27 wrote: »

Any insight?

I believe the dancer people were all invited back for the Paris concert ,as they had appeared at other gigs ,they were given free trips by U2.

I was talking to one of the people in Dublin that was in the Paris broadcast,he was dressed up as Mr Mc Phisto.
    Nice chap but a bit crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lyoness

weadick wrote: »
    Great show. Only disappointment is that they cut the second song which was a highlight of the tour.

Elevation was the 2nd song

http://www.u2gigs.com/article1126.html

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Mahogany Gaspipe

Christ, that serenade between Bono and the muscle top wearing tattooed dude was fcuking creepy!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Great piece recording etc. (watching it on BBC)

But as it is so rehearsed - it doesn't come across as well as a TV/DVD show. As most their other tours did >

Was at gig twice and loved it , but wonder how this is coming across - was watching it with a young lad who wouldn't know them, he said good show - but no connection with crowd ?

I say that as a big fan.

It is also an age thing - crowd and band 50s etc, Bono singing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I thought it was great except for the VIP spoilt obsessed fanatics on stage(3rd time this tour alone for some). People pay to see U2, and/or a special guest like Bruce or Noel. This lot had no place on the stage. Essentially we lost a cracking song like Gloria or OOC and had a whole song of these twits prancing about on stage.

As someone mentioned, there was some great, and some terrible moments.

Christ, that serenade between Bono and the muscle top wearing tattooed dude was fcuking creepy!

Yeah that bit was really weird and you could tell that the crowd were looking on dumbfounded too. Not as bad as the guy in Glasgow who just stood there gawking at Bono but still pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I thought it was great except for the VIP spoilt obsessed fanatics on stage(3rd time this tour alone for some). People pay to see U2, and/or a special guest like Bruce or Noel. This lot had no place on the stage. Essentially we lost a cracking song like Gloria or OOC and had a whole song of these twits prancing about on stage.

Agreed ,I do not like these exhibitionist stage people ,most of them are not the full bob.
    I much preferred it when the band used to bring down to earth people up on stage.
    That girl in Paris with all the vile tattoos ,I nearly got sick looking at her.

What the hell was that about? :confused:
    Initially I thought it was some stage invader but it was obviously planned but it was utter nonsense ,himself and Bono were like two drunks after a night out .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

As someone mentioned, there was some great, and some terrible moments.

Disagree you should have stopped at people pay to see U2.

The gig is advertised as U2 not U2 possibly featuring Noel G,Bruce S,Patti Smith etc. and Eagles of Death Metal fall in that bracket also. Noel G with U2 doing the Beatles was well cringe tbh.

Your post is very opinionated not everyone likes Bruce Springsteen, Noel Gallagher or even U2 that matter ya know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

My post is very opinionated?:D I thought that was the idea:pac:

I was speaking for me, not for everyone. But exactly, you hit the nail on the head. I would be willing to give a proper musician a pass, not some amateur wannabe celeb desperados. It was a massive cringe moment IN MY OPINION.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

lyoness wrote: »
    Elevation was the 2nd song

http://www.u2gigs.com/article1126.html

This was a disappointment and it was done for production reasons as far I know. The second track was always a 'rotational' song (Gloria/ElectricCo/Out of Control).

These are fanatics. Basically the same group of people travel around to a large number of the shows all over EU/USA. They que up all day and go straight to the front row of e-stage which is where Bono would normally invite someone up. It's pretty desperate in my opinion - I was standing in Belfast 2 and Dublin 2 and I saw saw that Devil horn girl standing in exactly the same place at both concerts.

My post is very opinionated?:D I thought that was the idea:pac:

I was speaking for me, not for everyone. But exactly, you hit the nail on the head. I would be willing to give a proper musician a pass, not some amateur wannabe celeb desperados. It was a massive cringe moment IN MY OPINION.

The panti bliss thing in Dublin was a bit much from the videos I saw. Who payed 200 Euro to see Bono kiss and bow to a drag queen

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Hi all

Posted this in one of the other music forums, probably better here.

I'm looking for a ticket stub for the Friday night gig. Third gig I think it was.

Have stubs for every gig I was ever at framed and missed out on this one as the missus went ticketless!

Anyone still feeling the Christmas spirit please pm me...

Thanks

Deiseboy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Hi all

Posted this in one of the other music forums, probably better here.

I'm looking for a ticket stub for the Friday night gig. Third gig I think it was.

Have stubs for every gig I was ever at framed and missed out on this one as the missus went ticketless!

Anyone still feeling the Christmas spirit please pm me...

Thanks

Deiseboy

Cause she didnt have a choice...... It was a ticketless event........ Unless you had seats of course

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Seve OB wrote: »
    Cause she didnt have a choice...... It was a ticketless event........ Unless you had seats of course

Didn't realise that. I never go for seats if standing is an option. So it's my fault then !

http://u2.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/artist?artistName=U2com&sourceCode=U2TWEBWWEUR&categoryName=U2ie+Live+In+Paris&utm_medium=link&utm_source=U2com&utm_campaign=U2ie_LiveParis_20160513

DVD/Blu Ray release of the 'Live In Paris' Shows coming out the 10th June

there was a planned BTS documentary but i think it was shelved and there will be a short feature in the extras on this DVD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

http://u2.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/artist?artistName=U2com&sourceCode=U2TWEBWWEUR&categoryName=U2ie+Live+In+Paris&utm_medium=link&utm_source=U2com&utm_campaign=U2ie_LiveParis_20160513

DVD/Blu Ray release of the 'Live In Paris' Shows coming out the 10th June

there was a planned BTS documentary but i think it was shelved and there will be a short feature in the extras on this DVD
    Zero interest in purchasing this.Recorded it at Christmas and/or can watch it on YouTube...Surely 99% of fans would prefer an official release on CD/ vinyl.

Yeah the I+E tour is the only one U2 have done since Zoo where I'd actually love a CD of the concert itself.

• Advertisement

Yeah the I+E tour is the only one U2 have done since Zoo where I'd actually love a CD of the concert itself.

theres plenty of fan recorded bootlegs around. Some have almost as good quality as an offical recording

Advertisement