Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,010 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

well, as long as people keep paying this crazy money, this thing will go on forever.

For me it's a matter of principle: I don't pay more than face value for a ticket - and I don't mind face value being a lot of money, if I want to see a band, I will pay.
    But not this thing, no matter how much I want to see the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

The funny/sad thing is that I reckon the Block D tickets are the most expensive as they're central....and those poor buggers will be sooooo disappointed.

section E the tickets are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

section E the tickets are in.

I considered seat wave for a moment when I ended up with seated extras.... Could have paid a bill or two nicely but in the end my conscience kicked in and I sold them to a friend of a friend for face value.... Need to stop reading about the prices people are getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

I received my tickets in the post but cant make the gig now so selling them too a friend. Will there be an issue with entry since my name is on the tickets? I know this issue has been discussed but i presumed it was a ticketless event so i was surprised to receive them in post

• Registered Users Posts: 11,614 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PaddyCar wrote: »
    I received my tickets in the post but cant make the gig now so selling them too a friend. Will there be an issue with entry since my name is on the tickets? I know this issue has been discussed but i presumed it was a ticketless event so i was surprised to receive them in post

If they're seated, you can transfer them with no worries at all. Ticketless is for standing only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TomPetty

Hi Folks,
    I purchased 2 standing Tickets for my Son and myself for the opening night - Monday night. We are both huge fans ( I have not missed a concert since 1985 )
    Unfortunately I did not know about the over 14 years of age rule in the standing area - :mad::mad:
    Any advice on how to go about swapping these two standing tickets for seated tickets, so that my son will be given entry.
    We can only go on the Monday night.
    Any advice greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

TomPetty wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    I purchased 2 standing Tickets for my Son and myself for the opening night - Monday night. We are both huge fans ( I have not missed a concert since 1985 )
    Unfortunately I did not know about the over 14 years of age rule in the standing area - :mad::mad:
    Any advice on how to go about swapping these two standing tickets for seated tickets, so that my son will be given entry.

Regards,
    Tom.

Completely different concert, brought my two smaller sisters (both definitely under 14) to see Beyonce once and we were right at the barrier. Doubt there would really be an issue, I'd just pop the ticket crowd a tweet or something.

By the way, the Beyonce gig was as rough as fork so it can't be about a different audience. Puffa jacket wearing lunatics all acting the absolute dope. Each puffa jacket taking up the space of 3 normal sized humans. Never again. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,885 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Hi Folks,

Regards,
    Tom.

I'd imagine there would be a savage amount of people who will swap with you
    If it's possible to scan someone in with your card, they could pass you their seats. . . Just roll on down and ask around

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Hi Folks,

Regards,
    Tom.

Hi there,

Of you are looking for seats, I'd advise you to contact Ticketmaster / 3arena and explain your situation, I'm sure they will have seats set aside for such instances.

They should be able to accommodate you without any hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

For everyone who got seated tickets , have your tickets arrived yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,885 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

hawkelady wrote: »

got mine last Thursday

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yep got them a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Yep, mine arrived on Thursday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Got mine about 10 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,010 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

same here, received it last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

hawkelady wrote:

Mine came last Thursday also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Got the tickets and it stats limited view

False advertisement ehhh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

but1er wrote: »
    Got the tickets and it stats limited view

False advertisement ehhh?

Mine says limited view of the screen, I can live with that, the stage is what I am after, and from my experience there are no bad seats in the point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I'd imagine my tickets state the same.

I paid 30 odd euro, I'd have sat in the toilet of the 3 arena for that.

• Advertisement

I rang Ticketmaster to see and all I got do you want a refund, worth a try to see what they would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

but1er wrote: »
    I rang Ticketmaster to see and all I got do you want a refund, worth a try to see what they would say.

Does it say limited view, or limited view of screen?

EyesClosed wrote: »

Limited view on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 38,080 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

good watch, man is u2 obsessed

wonder will he be at any of the irish shows

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

EyesClosed wrote: »

Mine say Limited screen view. No problem with that once I can see most of the main stage and the smaller one then I'm happy out.

setanta74 wrote: »
    Mine say Limited screen view. No problem with that once I can see most of the main stage and the smaller one then I'm happy out.

when theres something on the screen pretent to be going to the bar/toliet and stand at the entrance way lol.

im in Block G row 21 so hopefully i have a good view of everything (196.20 a ticket so it better be worth it )

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Hey, ive got standing tickets. Confirmed on my ticketmaster but I don't have tickets to print off yet??

Anyone know when the tickets are updated and added to our accounts to print off.

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Hey, ive got standing tickets. Confirmed on my ticketmaster but I don't have tickets to print off yet??

Anyone know when the tickets are updated and added to our accounts to print off.

I guess you were not reading the information before you bought tickets.

For standing tickets you have to bring the card you used to purchase them and a valid ID you will get no PDF or print out. So your credit card is your ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

mooreman09 wrote: »

Standing tickets are paperless. You have to have valid photo ID and your card that you purchased the tickets with and they will swipe it before you enter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Standing tickets are paperless. You have to have valid photo ID and your card that you purchased the tickets with and they will swipe it before you enter.

Got an update today confirming the ticket, but saying it doesn't grant entry, to bring along your ticket!

Going to a serious queue as they check id and credit cards. Also people may lose their cards in the meantime!

There'll be mayhem.

Thanks for the clarification

Advertisement