Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Christy all health considered is a good shout for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Ah that's a little bit anal in fairness. I'm all for T&Cs being adhered to (and I'm probably in the foremost group of people who hate touting) but it's a bit much demanding that someone using their husband/wifes credit card is refused due to a technicality.

Most of the touting is being done in the seating areas anyways where there are no restrictions on the re-sale of tickets, so enforcing that policy to the letter is probably only going to screw over people who bought tickets on other peoples cards as opposed to those who are touting tickets at a massive price.

How are the people who are selling tickets on Seatwave, deciding on the prices of their tickets?

It's quite bizarre to see on Seatwave, tickets that had the same face value price, being listed at such different amounts, way above the original price.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Hi all,

Got tickets for the Wednesday night in Belfast, anyway to get up and back in the same day/night from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Cormo87 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Got tickets for the Wednesday night in Belfast, anyway to get up and back in the same day/night from Dublin?

24 hour bus from dublin to belfast, stops off in the airport, its a great service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Hi all,

You could give me one of the tickets in exchange for a lift :D:D

• Advertisement

Hi all,

You have two bus options for getting up and down to and from Belfast during the night.

Bus Éireann in conjunction with Translink Ulster Bus runs an hourly service during the day, from 5am till 11pm to and from Bus Aras in Dublin and the Europa Bus Centre Belfast.

Between 11pm and 5am, the service they operate runs every two hours to and from Belfast and Dublin.

The main door of the Europa Bus Centre at Great Victoria Street closes at 11pm every night, so from 11pm, the entrance to the Bus Station is at Glengall Street, just around the corner, where they open a gate about 15 minutes before the bus is scheduled to leave.

http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1425310153-001X.pdf

http://journeyplanner.translink.co.uk/ext_webpdf_desk/TTB/20151026-154356/nir/1300X1y14_TP.pdf

Aircoach operate an hourly service to and from Belfast and Dublin, on the half hour.

There are two exceptions to this hourly service: There is no 11.30pm service from Belfast to Dublin and there is no 12.30am service from Dublin to Belfast.

From Belfast, it leaves from Glengall Street, which is near the Europa Bus Centre.

http://aircoach.ie/timetables/route-705-x-belfast-dublin-airport-dublin-city-express

http://aircoach.ie/sites/default/files/dac/Belfast%20Leaflet%20-%2018-11-13.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Thanks for all the info,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,563 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

How are the people who are selling tickets on Seatwave, deciding on the prices of their tickets?

It's quite bizarre to see on Seatwave, tickets that had the same face value price, being listed at such different amounts, way above the original price.

Simple. They pick a price they want to sell them at.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder will they have special guests each night for the Dublin shows ???.

Glen Hansard would be but his touring the US at the time

Sir Bob, Damien Dempsey, Christy dignam etc

Has Christy ever been on stage with U2, or Bono with Aslan?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

One of the other questions, regarding buying tickets, was about whether or not the same card could be used for buying tickets for more than one of the U2 dates in Dublin and Belfast, and this was not clearly answered in the details listed before the tickets went on sale.

The poster for the gig stated "limited to 2 per person/transaction".

So does that mean two tickets per card across the six gigs, in Dublin and Belfast, or two tickets per concert? It could easily be interpreted that it was two tickets per concert and that the same card could be used for more than one concert, in that buying tickets for different gigs are separate transactions, but this issue wasn't clearly confirmed prior to the day the tickets went on sale.

Its fairly safe to say at this stage that Ticketmaster didnt enforce any of the restrictions that they were supposed to re ticket limits.
    It seems nobody has had any tickets cancelled for exceeding limits and no extra tickets have gone back on sale .

As for checking Id on the night ,I doubt that they will bother ,the money is in the bank now.
    I was at a gig at the 3arena earlier this year and they didnt even check my ticket going in so lax was security

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,619 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Great moment!

I had to watch the All You Need is Love bit while covering my eyes and occasionally peaking through my fingers. Arse-clenchingly bad.

The Nal wrote: »
    Arse-clenchingly bad.

Agreed,it was brutal.
    Dont know why they couldnt have done a snippet of an Oasis song instead .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,619 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Agreed,it was brutal.

Exactly yeah. Columbia would've been nice!

I see that there are standing tickets available for all of the remaining 4 London gigs http://www.axs.com/
    Looks like some of the 180 pound seats have been halved in price too,now 90 pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

I see that there are standing tickets available for all of the remaining 4 London gigs http://www.axs.com/
    Looks like some of the 180 pound seats have been halved in price too,now 90 pounds

I was at the first gig at the O2 and there were a lot of empty seats in the more expensive areas. Brilliant concert though, was well worth the cost of going to London.

weadick wrote: »
    I was at the first gig at the O2 and there were a lot of empty seats in the more expensive areas. Brilliant concert though, was well worth the cost of going to London.

I'm not surprised there were alot of empty seats ,the ticket prices for London were a disgrace ,most of the lower seats were £180, inc seats behind the stage.
    Thats over 250 euro .

They have had to cut some of the ticket prices in half and at 100 pounds they are still overpriced in my view.

London is a very expensive city nowadays with the strong sterling .
    Glad you enjoyed it though it is a fine city.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Kinda pissed at this. I bought tickets for Friday night in the Pre-Sale and couldn't get standing as they were sold out. Got seats for something like £110 each when you added in the charges... twice the price of the standing that were obviously not sold out and a much better ticket.

I have this strange feeling also, I have been stung with a restricted view seat also, but at the price I paid, it better not be!

Simple. They pick a price they want to sell them at.

Indeed, that certainly appears to be the case, but it pretty much contradicts the conditions placed on anyone who bought standing tickets.

contradicts the conditions placed on anyone who bought standing tickets.
    different terms different tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

different terms different tickets

Same concert. 😀

• Advertisement

clickhere wrote: »
    Same concert. 😀

Still different terms for different tickets. There is no getting away from it.

Seems there is no ID check when entering the floor with debit/credit cards at the London gigs .

I personally didnt think that they would ever implement the id check,its just not practical.
    There were massive backlogs at the O2 in London on Sunday night for the first gig as the GA queue was so big and slow moving.
    Alot of people missed the start of the concert .

The Dublin gigs have the largest GA capacity of any venue on the tour and 3 of the gigs are on weekdays when people will turn up late.

In London they were even allowing people without credit cards to go to the box office and get a paper ticket as long as they provided ID and a printout of the order.
    They can issue you with a paper ticket if there's any possibility you might have trouble getting in ,so people can relax .
    I have yet to hear of even one person turned away on the tour due to lack of id .

Still different terms for different tickets. There is no getting away from it.

The point I am making is that there is a contradiction in the conditions of the sale of the tickets in that there was nothing stopping people who have no interest in the gigs, buying seated tickets on the morning they went on sale and using Seatwave to tout their tickets well above the original ticket price.

If the conditions that were placed on the standing tickets, were put in place to stop touting and forgeries, why isn't a condition placed on the resale of the seated tickets, to ensure that they are not sold on above face value.

That would ensure that anyone with genuine reasons for not being able to attend, could fairly sell them on, to people who missed out on tickets the morning they went on sale.

The point I am making is that there is a contradiction in the conditions of the sale of the tickets in that there was nothing stopping people who have no interest in the gigs, buying seated tickets on the morning they went on sale and using Seatwave to tout their tickets well above the original ticket price.

If the conditions that were placed on the standing tickets, were put in place to stop touting and forgeries, why wasn't a condition placed on the resale of the seated tickets, to ensure that they are not sold on above face value.

That would ensure that anyone with genuine reasons for not being able to attend, could fairly sell them on, to people who missed out on tickets the morning they went on sale.

The main reason that standing tickets are paperless and more restrictive is because they are cheap ,in huge demand due to the proximity to the stage and hence very lucrative to touts.
    Say for example you sell a 75 euro standing ticket for 300 euro ,thats a 300% markup but still only 100 euro more than most of the seats face value.

The prices for Dublin are crazy though and seats are even making 300% markup whereas normally they wouldnt even make 100% markup .

The point I am making..........

I get the point you are making,but it is pointless.

If someone has tickets and they can't use them they can sell them on fairly.

Do you mean if someone who has seated tickets and genuinely can't go, shouldn't sell their tickets for a profit ?

I get the point you are making,but it is pointless.

If someone has tickets and they can't use them they can sell them on fairly.

Do you mean if someone who has seated tickets and genuinely can't go, shouldn't sell their tickets for a profit ?

What I mean by fairly, is that they should be sold on through Seatwave at the face value price. It would discourage anyone with no interest in the gigs, from buying them just to sell them on above face value.

They can fairly sell them on through Seatwave, from their own viewpoint because if they do sell them, happy days for them, but would you not agree that Seatwave/Ticketmaster is facilitating them ripping off the person to whom they sell the ticket, in many ways far more, than would be done, by any tout outside the venue?

The tickets on Seatwave are insanely over the face value price, for example on 28th November, they range from around 500 euros to someone else looking for 1,247 euros for one ticket in Block B plus a booking fee of 188 euros.

but would you not agree that Seatwave/Ticketmaster is facilitating them ripping off the person to whom they sell the ticket, in many ways far more, than would be done, by any tout outside the venue?

Of course I agree that they facilitate the sale at exorbitant prices, but it is a sellers market, supply and demand.

The tickets on Seatwave are insanely over the face value price, for example on 28th November, they range from around 500 euros to someone else looking for 1,247 euros for one ticket in Block B plus a booking fee of 188 euros.

I'd say the 1,247 price it to cover the sellers fee (10% + vat) that is charged by seatwave ( along with the booking fee 188 from the buyer) to give a nice round figure of 1100 approx for the seller and a tasty €312 for seatwave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Agreed,it was brutal.

Haha ye killjoys! Maybe Noel didn't wanna do an Oasis song and Bono chanced a Beatles one. Hopefully it was totally unscripted as yes it was a mess but I thought Still Haven't Found was beautiful, Noel did a great job. He is a massive fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

Hi Folks,

i'm looking for 2 tickets to see U2 in Dublin. I'm happy to pay cash, or alternatively I'll swap them for 2 great seats for any Irish Rugby home international this year if you'd prefer!?

I have 2 great ten year tickets for all Irish rugby matches in the Aviva, which are just by the coach's box in the west lower stand, which i'm happy to swap for U2 tickets I.e. U2 tickets for 2 WestLower stand tickets for any of the matches versus Scotland, Wales or Italy.

pm me to let me know if you're interested.
    thanks
    Daithi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭aristotle25

daithi7 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

i'm looking for 2 tickets to see U2 in Dublin. I'm happy to pay cash, or alternatively I'll swap them for 2 great seats for any Irish Rugby home international this year if you'd prefer!?

I have 2 great ten year tickets for all Irish rugby matches in the Aviva, which are just by the coach's box in the west lower stand, which i'm happy to swap for U2 tickets I.e. U2 tickets for 2 WestLower stand tickets for any of the matches versus Scotland, Wales or Italy.

pm me to let me know if you're interested.
    thanks
    Daithi

You will do well to get a swap for that. Demand for these U2 concerts way outstrip the demand for rugby tickets.

Two tickets for U2 are selling for massive money on seatwave for example €600 to €900 per ticket.

Advertisement