Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Hard luck on the seats. I was chatting to a chap on the flight back to Dublin on the Saturday and he had similar seats behind the stage. Luckily he was also there on the Thursday night show too and had a much better view.

Fantastic show - they were brilliant in London and I was lucky to be there on Thursday when Patti Smith was a guest at the end for Gloria and People have the power (the intro song all tour).

The played the Fly on the intermission - I recall they played the Wanderer on the US leg, would loved to have heard that!

For last night's show, Party Girl made an appearance on the 'E' stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

I've a 2 hour drive to belfast, would arriving at the venue at 8 be too late or should i try to leave work early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The way the stage has been laid out if you are standing even arriving 2 minutes before the start yer gonna have a decent view. It's great. The start times are all over the shop though. I'd guess 8 would be fine.

London #3 and #4 they stared at about 20:30. Think slightly earlier for last night London #6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

Quote: daithi7
    Hi Folks,

i'm looking for 2 tickets to see U2 in Dublin. I'm happy to pay cash, or alternatively I'll swap them for 2 great seats for any Irish Rugby home international this year if you'd prefer!?

I have 2 great ten year tickets for all Irish rugby matches in the Aviva, which are just by the coach's box in the west lower stand, which i'm happy to swap for U2 tickets I.e. U2 tickets for 2 WestLower stand tickets for any of the matches versus Scotland, Wales or Italy.

pm me to let me know if you're interested.
    thanks
    Daithi
    You will do well to get a swap for that. Demand for these U2 concerts way outstrip the demand for rugby tickets.

Two tickets for U2 are selling for massive money on seatwave for example €600 to €900 per ticket.

Yes, but what is the face value of U2 tickets? I think it's about comparable so it's a fair swap imho.

Naturally if there is a significant difference in the face value of the tickets I'll be happy to make up the difference.

However, I've no interest in tout prices effectively, they won't dictate what I pay for entertainment (be it a match, concert, or whatever)

• Advertisement

Pretty poor argument you got there. It's like saying you have these limited edition highly sought after Nike runners that I bought for 100. I'll swap them for my readily available Reeboks, also worth 100 face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

Pretty poor argument you got there. It's like saying you have these limited edition highly sought after Nike runners that I bought for 100. I'll swap them for my readily available Reeboks, also worth 100 face value.

I'm not making an argument, I'm just stating my position. Simples.

Yep, you were defending your position that it was a fair swap. I think your "defense" was a weak one, but best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,410 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Cheapest tickets on Seatwave are (save one pair of tickets) €390 per ticket....

Mother of god.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭aristotle25

daithi7 wrote: »
    I'm not making an argument, I'm just stating my position. Simples.

On face value price yeah it should be a fair swap. But there is more to it.

How many times a year do people get a chance to see Ireland play rugby and it's also live on tv all the time. U2 is what, every 5-6 years they tour and this might be one of their last?

If you had rugby World Cup semi final tickets then I think that might be nearer the mark. Not a run of the mill five nations game and not even against England or France.

Because it's sold out the marginal demand is huge for tickets and that's why they sell for big prices second hand. I doubt the rugby ones do for these matches?

Right or wrong there are other people willing to pay multiples of face value on the secondary market so if you are not into that then I think you will struggle to get a swap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭weadick

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Still gives me goosebumps. That was a fantastic night. Jason McAteer scored that goal against Holland as the support act (think that was about 6pm), which put everyone on an even bigger high.\

In my opinion that album (All that you can't leave behind) was full of songs that made for great sing along, loud stadium material.

Anybody else here at Slane 1? That was my first U2 concert. Incredible experience that I will never forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

weadick wrote: »
    Anybody else here at Slane 1? That was my first U2 concert. Incredible experience that I will never forget.

Was at them both. Chillie peppers were brilliant support at the first show. I think they headlined there the year after

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Seve OB wrote: »
    Was at them both. Chillie peppers were brilliant support at the first show. I think they headlined there the year after

Slane 1 was Thin Lizzy with U2 as support they headlined 2 years later

Slane in '01 was U2 supported by Chillis at the first show they headlined 2 years later

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Real 007

Hi,

I got myself into a right pickle here it seems! in short, I've 2 X tickets to Saturdays show and other commitments now means I can't go.

Basically it looks like unless am present I can't off load the tickets? I'm sure other persons bought but can't go due to unforeseen circumstances.... I think it's a bit of a bummer on genuine cases.

Real 007 wrote: »
    Hi,

I got myself into a right pickle here it seems! in short, I've 2 X tickets to Saturdays show and other commitments now means I can't go.

Basically it looks like unless am present I can't off load the tickets? I'm sure other persons bought but can't go due to unforeseen circumstances.... I think it's a bit of a bummer on genuine cases.

These are standing GA tickets right? Ticketless entry which means you'd need to have the original credit card used for the booking and photo ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Real 007

Veloce wrote: »
    These are standing GA tickets right? Ticketless entry which means you'd need to have the original credit card used for the booking and photo ID.

No they're these premium tickets. Sorry yes I need the CC to pick up... and photo ID. This has probably been debated up and down earlier on the thread. Usually if this occurred in the past I'd have passed em off to a buddy or sold somewhere near face value. Just wondered how others are selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Real 007 wrote: »
    No they're these premium tickets. Sorry yes I need the CC to pick up... and photo ID. This has probably been debated up and down earlier on the thread. Usually if this occurred in the past I'd have passed em off to a buddy or sold somewhere near face value. Just wondered how others are selling them.

Call ticketmaster and explain the situation to them, they will have a couple of options for you.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I bought 2x GA Standing for Belfast this morning. Tickets still available on ticketmaster. Just a FYI...

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Was at the Glasgow gig last night, what an amazing experience, one of the best for me. Ended with Bad and 40 which was what I really wanted to hear. Unreal and the Venue is really cool spot for a gig. Roll on Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 37,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Was at the Glasgow gig last night, what an amazing experience, one of the best for me. Ended with Bad and 40 which was what I really wanted to hear. Unreal and the Venue is really cool spot for a gig. Roll on Dublin

Would prefer one or ishfwilf for the night I'm going but I'm going Dublin 2 and by law of average they do bad & 40 on nights 2 of same city gig's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Something *really* special about Sat night's show. Perfect gig. Made the London show I saw ten days ago seem dull by comparison and I loved that! Met some Germans after that had seen a dozen of the IE tour dates and said that Glasgow #2 was the best by a distance.

It was amazing, loved when Bono brought that young guy up on stage, wonder if Bono got his jacket back ? I have seen them multiple times on every tour since Zoo tv and the vibe and energy prob the best, the band just seemed so relaxed and enjoying themselves. Where you standing or seated ?

It was amazing, loved when Bono brought that young guy up on stage, wonder if Bono got his jacket back ? I have seen them multiple times on every tour since Zoo tv and the vibe and energy prob the best, the band just seemed so relaxed and enjoying themselves. Where you standing or seated ?

I was standing at the E stage.

I was standing on the North side, loads of room and able to walk up to the E stage no problem.

I was standing on the North side, loads of room and able to walk up to the E stage no problem.

Few things didnt make sense to me. The "North"/"South" wristbands...?

And as for the chap that Bono brought on stage. At the start I thought he was a son of someone in the band... then I thought he was a refugee that had somehow been convinced this was a good idea... bizarre stuff.

LOVED seeing Edge/Adam switch instruments for "40".

Wooderson wrote:
    Few things didnt make sense to me. The "North"/"South" wristbands...?
    I think that was just left and right of the stage.
    The lads jacket just a little bit to small on Bono, just a tad😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Was at Fri and sat in Glasgow. Friday in the seats was brilliant .really great show. But sat night we were standing 1 row back from e stage. F##king amazing. I have seen every tour since 87 at least once and this was one of the greatest. Just special. Close to tears wit emotion a couple of times . bad and 40 perfect ending . cedarwood and bullet were other highlights and thought wolves on sat night was fantastic. Standing at e stage was like walking into local pub and u2 just happen to be playing.roll on Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Saturday night in Glasgow was my 28th U2 show and I can honestly say it was the best one I've ever seen.Cam't wait for my next fix in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

• Advertisement

When it feels like it did on Sat night it is unmistakable. Perfect gig in every respect.

Superb venue for this tour aswell. Expect to see a lot of complaints on here about restricted views when this tour hits the 3 Arena in Dublin. On this occasion Belfast might have the better of the two locations.

Advertisement