Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Paperless seated ticket.

I just bought seated Belfast tickets through ticketmaster app. Turns out it was set as paperless by default. I could have chosen post.
    I'm a bit confused though because confirmation email says thanks for choosing paperless. Then next line says they'll be dispatched as soon as possible?

Theres no ticketfast option (print at home)

Anyone have link to explain how I get seated paperless ticket? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Nunu wrote: »
    Paperless seated ticket.

I just bought seated Belfast tickets through ticketmaster app. Turns out it was set as paperless by default. I could have chosen post.
    I'm a bit confused though because confirmation email says thanks for choosing paperless. Then next line says they'll be dispatched as soon as possible?

Theres no ticketfast option (print at home)

Anyone have link to explain how I get seated paperless ticket? Thanks.

Collect at the venue with the card used for purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 11,410 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep bring the credit card to the venue. The app says that you should bring ID as well. Whether that's enforced or not is anyone's guess but I'd bring it to be sure.

Paperless is the default option on the app for those gigs alright (even for seated) even though it's not an option when you purchase on ticketmaster's desktop site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Thanks lads, thought so. I might ring them when I'm in work tomorrow just to confirm. Nothing in my order or confirmation email explaining how to get the tickets. Bleedin amateurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

I image the screen will go across the stage instead of down the arena in 3arena??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Shedite27

but1er wrote: »
    I image the screen will go across the stage instead of down the arena in 3arena??

Nope

15392s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Wooderson

but1er wrote: »

Nope.

"Couldn't see a thing, Joe. Me child deer in tears. Do they want us to immaggineh? Desprih-altogether Joe."

• Registered Users Posts: 37,927 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Nope

15392s.jpg

People in blocks d will have a bad view but that's why tickets there were cheap.

I'm in block g myself row a

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

likelyhood of more Dublin tickets to be released like Belfast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have 2 Paperless tickets for Saturday U2 gig in Dublin.

Is there anyway I could pass these on to someone who could still use them? i.e do they have to use my card or will they require id too?

Is there an option for a refund on these?

Havent a clue how paperless ticketing works to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Chesty08 wrote: »

Is there anyway I could pass these on to someone who could still use them? i.e do they have to use my card or will they require id too?

I think they will need you to present the card you booked the tickets with at the door.

But, if there is anyway I could buy the tickets off of you, I'd be well up for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

On Saturday night in Glasgow it was paperless ticketing too.They also checked everyone for ID (matching the name on the credit card) on the way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

kennyu272 wrote: »
    On Saturday night in Glasgow it was paperless ticketing too.They also checked everyone for ID (matching the name on the credit card) on the way in.

Cheers.

So basically I cant go due to unforseen circumstances and I lose out. Can't pass them on to anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,927 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cheers.

So basically I cant go due to unforseen circumstances and I lose out. Can't pass them on to anyone?

Ring Ticketmaster and explain your situation ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Credit card will be enough ,they rarely check id at most venues .
    I've yet to hear of even one person turned away .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭Shedite27

You will definitely get someone to take them off you at cost price.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You will definitely get someone to take them off you at cost price.

How? Is the tricky part!
    I guess the only way would be to go to the venue with the person selling the tickets, get scanned in and pay the cash.

I can't imgine too many been into that idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Credit card will be enough ,they rarely check id at most venues .
    I've yet to hear of even one person turned away .
    As it happened my card wouldn't scan so I had to go to the box office to get it sorted.I had to produce ID again and a ref number from the email receipt.I'm not saying that it will happen in Dublin,but every one in the GA line was checked for ID.

I'm not saying that it will happen in Dublin,but every one in the GA line was checked for ID.

If the card scans you go in. None of us were checked for ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Wooderson wrote: »

I was

I was

Fair enough. Above poster said that "everyone" was. That's not correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Fair enough. Above poster said that "everyone" was. That's not correct.

I agree . everyone was not checked. But that's not much use if you are and you have no I'd. I think it's a great idea if it was for the whole audience but to just do it for ga seems like a token gesture whereas everyone knows its the seats that make seatwave(ticketmaster) the big money. But still all I can say is that after sat night whatever anyone has paid for their ticket it will be worth it. If not HBO sat night will have to be second best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

In block D almost bang in the middle so have resigned myself to the fact I'll have a ****e view (hopefully of just the telly) but, in fairness I paid less than €40. WOrst comes to worst I will keep "slowly having to go to the toilet" for a couple of glimpses along the way

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Was also checked Saturday in Glasgow

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Cool videos, What a night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'm headed to the Saturday night in Dublin, looking forward to it now - even if I am in block D and likely to not see a huge amount for parts of the show. What harm, it was less than €40 as another poster just mentioned.

I'm hoping to get a nicely tailored Dublin set with a few tracks from Boy. Beyond that, I don't really have any wishes - they'll play (most of) the hits whether I like it or not!! I Will Follow, An Cat Dubh and/or Out of Control would be great though.

I haven't seen anything about support at the Dublin gig - is there likely to be anyone added or is it going to be U2 on from 8.30/9 for the night? Tbh, I'd prefer that anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I have managed not to see any videos so far, so it will be a total treat!
    Going on Monday night, I have seat at block K which looks good for the screen viewing!
    Only my second time that I will see them live, I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

I'm headed to the Saturday night in Dublin, looking forward to it now - even if I am in block D and likely to not see a huge amount for parts of the show. What harm, it was less than €40 as another poster just mentioned.

I'm hoping to get a nicely tailored Dublin set with a few tracks from Boy. Beyond that, I don't really have any wishes - they'll play (most of) the hits whether I like it or not!! I Will Follow, An Cat Dubh and/or Out of Control would be great though.

I haven't seen anything about support at the Dublin gig - is there likely to be anyone added or is it going to be U2 on from 8.30/9 for the night? Tbh, I'd prefer that anyway!

Unlikely An Cath Dubh will be played but it would be great. Your best bet is the second track where they spice it up a bit - I had Gloria in London 3 and then Electric Co in London 4. But they have played Out of Control on that track a few times too. I do think they tend to play it a bit safe with the setlist for the Dublin gigs, in comparison to other gigs.

There have been no first up support acts on the tour so far and they normally come on stage around 8:30. (well for London and Glasgow anyway)

• Advertisement

I'd wager Running to Stand Still will make an appearance one of the Dublin nights in the "rotational" bit just after Mysterious Ways.

Advertisement