Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Any idea of length of show when will start end

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭bren2001

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Got an update today confirming the ticket, but saying it doesn't grant entry, to bring along your ticket!

Going to a serious queue as they check id and credit cards. Also people may lose their cards in the meantime!

There'll be mayhem.

Thanks for the clarification

If you lose your card and don't get TM to change the details, I see no way you would get into the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

Did TM release a statement with regard to the student tickets and needing ID? I know some got emails saying they won't be checking student IDs but I am wondering if an announcement was made about it? I have student ID but my mate's student card has expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Regarding the ticketless tickets !!
    So when I was buying my tickets I got stung with verified by visa crap
    Couldn't by pass the verified by visa and I was running out of time
    So i used my uncles credit card for the tickets !!
    No prob getting his credit card for going to gig !
    But what about the foto ID bit
    So I will be going with his credit card coz tickets were booked on his card using my Ticketmaster account !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

cramp wrote: »
    Regarding the ticketless tickets !!
    So when I was buying my tickets I got stung with verified by visa crap
    Couldn't by pass the verified by visa and I was running out of time
    So i used my uncles credit card for the tickets !!
    No prob getting his credit card for going to gig !
    But what about the foto ID bit
    So I will be going with his credit card coz tickets were booked on his card using my Ticketmaster account !

you weren't "stung". It's been that way for years and there was plenty of notice about it to make sure you had it set up and ready to go.

• Advertisement

I had changed the credit card info before they went on sale , but never verified it through a transaction.....
    Anyway that wasn't my question
    Iam sure plenty of peeps have used other peeps credit cards while making bookings (as the option is there to use another credit card )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

cramp wrote: »
    I had changed the credit card info before they went on sale , but never verified it through a transaction.....
    Anyway that wasn't my question
    Iam sure plenty of peeps have used other peeps credit cards while making bookings (as the option is there to use another credit card )

Boards.ie user Col. Nathan R. Jessup posted in this discussion, on 14th September, that someone else made an enquiry to the Ticketmaster Ireland Customer Services twitter account, on the issue of having used a family member's credit card to buy tickets, and the response from Ticketmaster Ireland Customer Services was: "As long as you have the card you will be ok on the night."

here is the post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97012914&postcount=1224

https://twitter.com/TMIECS/status/643443564878397440

• Registered Users Posts: 38,078 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bono and the edge were the first performers in the new 3arena. id say the odds are fairly good that they will sing this song at one of the dublin shows

Boards.ie user Col. Nathan R. Jessup posted in this discussion, on 14th September, that someone else made an enquiry to the Ticketmaster Ireland Customer Services twitter account, on the issue of having used a family member's credit card to buy tickets, and the response from Ticketmaster Ireland Customer Services was: "As long as you have the card you will be ok on the night."

here is the post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97012914&postcount=1224

https://twitter.com/TMIECS/status/643443564878397440
    Hey thnks I did not see that...
    I rang Ticketmaster myself yesterday .....20mins waiting
    Anyways no prob really
    Must have cc that tickets bought with
    Id for me
    And print receipt for original ticket purchase !!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Seve OB wrote: »
    you weren't "stung". It's been that way for years and there was plenty of notice about it to make sure you had it set up and ready to go.

To be fair that verified by Visa crap is a nightmare. I understand the concept and I accept that "stung" was probably the wrong word for the person to use, but they have a point.

That screen should either pop up everytime you go to purchase something online. At least that way you would remember your password. It happened me this morning trying to get Ireland tickets. I think the last time I had enter those details in was at least over a year ago. It's ridiculous.

• Advertisement

I think the security idea behind the verfied by visa is a good idea to stop theft !
    I have 2 different credit cards and I have never been able to get past verfied by visa on my 2 cc cards !!
    I have had to get it disabled by the cc company !
    I think my prob is I have an apostrophe in my name and I can never enter it correctly

If u use the Ticketmaster app you don't have too do the visa vertify or that stupid word/picture thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

I do not understand why everyone is ringing ticket master for info they will not be the people checking the cc and id's

I do not understand why everyone is ringing ticket master for info they will not be the people checking the cc and id's

People contacted Ticketmaster to confirm details regarding the sale of the tickets, because Ticketmaster sold the tickets and it is Ticketmaster that can confirm the answers to the questions that arose regarding the conditions of sale of the U2 tickets.

Even if there was an issue with a customer's tickets, the customer would more than likely be referred to the box office from where they can confirm the purchase of the ticket by quoting to the attendant at the box office, the confirmation booking reference number of the ticket.

On the 3 Arena site it states that "Ticketmaster are the sole ticket agents for all events at 3Arena".

It also states "You can purchase your tickets for events held at 3Arena through Ticketmaster. 3Arena does not sell tickets. You can purchase your tickets by logging onto www.ticketmaster.ie or phoning 0818 719 300".

http://3arena.ie/faq

Ticketmaster staff operate at the box office at the 3 Arena, which is only open on days that gigs are taking place at the 3 Arena, unlike the Olympia which has a box office which is open every day during the whole day.

"The Box office opens at 6.30pm on the night of every show".

People contacted Ticketmaster because it is Ticketmaster who can confirm details regarding the conditions of sale.

People contacted Ticketmaster to confirm details regarding the sale of the tickets, because Ticketmaster sold the tickets and it is Ticketmaster that can confirm the answers to the questions that arose regarding the conditions of sale of the U2 tickets.

Even if there was an issue with a customer's tickets, the customer would more than likely be referred to the box office from where they can confirm the purchase of the ticket by quoting to the attendant at the box office, the confirmation booking reference number of the ticket.

On the 3 Arena site it states that "Ticketmaster are the sole ticket agents for all events at 3Arena".

It also states "You can purchase your tickets for events held at 3Arena through Ticketmaster. 3Arena does not sell tickets. You can purchase your tickets by logging onto www.ticketmaster.ie or phoning 0818 719 300".

Ticketmaster staff operate at the box office at the 3 Arena, which is only open on days that gigs are taking place at the 3 Arena, unlike the Olympia which has a box office which is open every day during the whole day.

"The Box office opens at 6.30pm on the night of every show".

People contacted Ticketmaster because it is Ticketmaster who can confirm details regarding the conditions of sale.
    Livenation in association with U2 have set the requirements for entry ( i.d. & cc) Like you rightly said TM are the agents their responsibility is to administer the sale of the tickets to the specifications of the promoter (2 per customer etc). Ticketmaster cannot say "sure you will be grand if you bought with uncle Fred's CC just bring it along with your own i.d.) that would negate the conditions set out by the promoter which clearly state that paperless tickets (GA) cannot be purchased as a gift unless one of the tickets is used by the purchaser ( with CC & i.d.) to enter the venue, other parties (the person going with the original purchaser) would need to be with the original purchaser to gain entry. I cannot understand why people were / are confused by the whole situation. the T&C's were clearly stated on both TM and U2.com.

As for enforcement of the conditions at the venue on the night well that remains to be seen whether the T&C's are adhered to. I hope they are to the letter.

Livenation in association with U2 have set the requirements for entry ( i.d. & cc) Like you rightly said TM are the agents their responsibility is to administer the sale of the tickets to the specifications of the promoter (2 per customer etc). Ticketmaster cannot say "sure you will be grand if you bought with uncle Fred's CC just bring it along with your own i.d.) that would negate the conditions set out by the promoter which clearly state that paperless tickets (GA) cannot be purchased as a gift unless one of the tickets is used by the purchaser ( with CC & i.d.) to enter the venue, other parties (the person going with the original purchaser) would need to be with the original purchaser to gain entry. I cannot understand why people were / are confused by the whole situation. the T&C's were clearly stated on both TM and U2.com.

As for enforcement of the conditions at the venue on the night well that remains to be seen whether the T&C's are adhered to. I hope they are to the letter.

I would guess one of the reasons that people brought up the issue of the credit card conditions on paperless tickets, is because there is a contradiction, in that, if the paperless ticket measure was implemented to stop the touting of tickets and fans getting ripped off, presumably Live Nation and U2 don't mind seated tickets for the same gigs being sold on, at prices far, far higher than the original ticket price, through Seatwave - which is owned by Ticketmaster - to people who were not the original purchasers of the tickets.

It brings up the issue of; what does it matter if someone used a family member's card, if the transaction went through without any hassle on the day the tickets went on sale. If they bring the card they used to buy the tickets, to the venue, and it scans without any issue, what does it matter if a family member's card was used, considering it will only successfully scan once, on the night, as they enter the venue.

It's not like the same card can be used different times the same night to gain entry.

One of the other questions, regarding buying tickets, was about whether or not the same card could be used for buying tickets for more than one of the U2 dates in Dublin and Belfast, and this was not clearly answered in the details listed before the tickets went on sale.

The poster for the gig stated "limited to 2 per person/transaction".

So does that mean two tickets per card across the six gigs, in Dublin and Belfast, or two tickets per concert? It could easily be interpreted that it was two tickets per concert and that the same card could be used for more than one concert, in that buying tickets for different gigs are separate transactions, but this issue wasn't clearly confirmed prior to the day the tickets went on sale.

This confusion led to some people cancelling tickets they had bought for different gigs, for example through pre sales, because of their concern on this issue.

It brings up the question, that even if someone managed to buy standing tickets for more than one gig, their card - acting as a paperless ticket - will only scan once per show, therefore preventing the possibility of forged printed tickets, so why should they be prevented from going to more than one gig, considering seated ticketholders have the option of selling on their tickets on Seatwave for prices far higher than the original ticket price, and in many cases higher than any tout would sell them outside the venue on the night of the gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Said it a few times he must be a guest ( I think I said it on this thread as well)

Well look who showed up in london

Said it a few times he must be a guest ( I think I said it on this thread as well)

Well look who showed up in london

Well look who showed up in london.. Noel Gallagher!

Cant Wait to see the footage!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

You've certainly said it a few times anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Why would you hope there are adhered to to the letter ?
    why would you care if uncle fred payed for my ticket with hid cc?
    why would you want me to be refused admission?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Great moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

donegal. wrote: »

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Some people just bask in others worry/pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,333 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Any receive their Belfast tickets yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Any receive their Belfast tickets yet?

no, I haven't got mine yet.

donegal. wrote: »

1. T&C's are there for a reason by following them to the letter the objective of them would be fulfilled.
    2. I don't.
    3. I don't.

I hope that ends your confusion about what I said.

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Some people just bask in others worry/pain.

I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,601 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

1. T&C's are there for a reason by following them to the letter the objective of them would be fulfilled.
    2. I don't.
    3. I don't.

I hope that ends your confusion about what I said.

Ah that's a little bit anal in fairness. I'm all for T&Cs being adhered to (and I'm probably in the foremost group of people who hate touting) but it's a bit much demanding that someone using their husband/wifes credit card is refused due to a technicality.

Most of the touting is being done in the seating areas anyways where there are no restrictions on the re-sale of tickets, so enforcing that policy to the letter is probably only going to screw over people who bought tickets on other peoples cards as opposed to those who are touting tickets at a massive price.

I wonder will they have special guests each night for the Dublin shows ???.

Glen Hansard would be but his touring the US at the time

Sir Bob, Damien Dempsey, Christy dignam etc

• Advertisement

so enforcing that policy to the letter is probably only going to screw over people who bought tickets on other peoples cards.

I get what you are saying and you are right, but that does not change the fact that the info regarding the ga tickets was clearly available and many have decided to go the route ah feck it i'll just use someone elses card and completely ignore the T&C's and then complain about it when it comes to the event time.

Advertisement