Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

haha yeah it's a very optimistic trade offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

daithi7 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

i'm looking for 2 tickets to see U2 in Dublin. I'm happy to pay cash, or alternatively I'll swap them for 2 great seats for any Irish Rugby home international this year if you'd prefer!?

I have 2 great ten year tickets for all Irish rugby matches in the Aviva, which are just by the coach's box in the west lower stand, which i'm happy to swap for U2 tickets I.e. U2 tickets for 2 WestLower stand tickets for any of the matches versus Scotland, Wales or Italy.

pm me to let me know if you're interested.
    thanks
    Daithi

Haha. If you offer tickets for all 3 of the games you might have a slim chance of a swap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,937 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

more of this please u2 on the 24th november. for anyone at the slane show in 2001 was it as good live as it sounds on the video ???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PTH2009 wrote: »
    more of this please u2 on the 24th november. for anyone at the slane show in 2001 was it as good live as it sounds on the video ???

Still gives me goosebumps. That was a fantastic night. Jason McAteer scored that goal against Holland as the support act (think that was about 6pm), which put everyone on an even bigger high.\

In my opinion that album (All that you can't leave behind) was full of songs that made for great sing along, loud stadium material.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

it was one of the moments of my life ( sad i know). we were down the front and when the lights flashed and we looked back up the hill to see 80,000 people jumping and dancing it really was a special moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Can't believe that was 14 years ago. Hory sheet. What a day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Amazing Day, I was lucky enough to be at the 2 Shane gigs that year, unreal and the support acts for both gigs was amazing. I also seen that tour indoors in Manchester and seeing them indoors is really special. I'm heading to Glasgow next Sat, can't come quick enough.Has anyone any idea what time they come onstage at ? Roughly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Graham1978 wrote: »
    Amazing Day, I was lucky enough to be at the 2 Shane gigs that year, unreal and the support acts for both gigs was amazing. I also seen that tour indoors in Manchester and seeing them indoors is really special. I'm heading to Glasgow next Sat, can't come quick enough.Has anyone any idea what time they come onstage at ? Roughly ?

Going to Glasgow Friday and sat as well . enjoy

U-2 should be a cracker. Just reading that the Hydro is 12000 seating increase to 13000 with standing, so could feel really intimate for standing :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

8.30 in London

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,937 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Are we going to get a tour DVD ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Are we going to get a tour DVD ??

yeah just record the HBO special from Paris :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Wooderson

U-2 should be a cracker. Just reading that the Hydro is 12000 seating increase to 13000 with standing, so could feel really intimate for standing :-)

Only 1000 standing tickets? Surely not.

Capacity: 12,000 seated or up to 13,000 standing.
    That's the stats for the arena, maybe they can change the layout.

Capacity: 12,000 seated or up to 13,000 standing.
    That's the stats for the arena, maybe they can change the layout.

Looking forward to Saturday. Bad+40 would be ace.

I'm hoping, can't wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Yes, yes it was. That was an amazing gig, surpassed my expectations and then some!

No tickets for this year, though, slept through the alarm on the day they were going on sale :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Wooderson wrote: »
    Only 1000 standing tickets? Surely not.

No, it's an extra 1000 with standing. So they remove about 2000 seats (for example) and can fit 3000 standing.

The 3Arena for example is 9,500 fully seated or 14,000 with seated and standing. That's not 4,500 standing spaces, that's the extra capacity with standing when the flat seating and lower tier seating is removed so there's probably 6,000+ standing :)

No, it's an extra 1000 with standing. So they remove about 2000 seats (for example) and can fit 3000 standing.

The 3Arena for example is 9,500 fully seated or 14,000 with seated and standing. That's not 4,500 standing spaces, that's the extra capacity with standing when the flat seating and lower tier seating is removed so there's probably 6,000+ standing :)

At certain venues it has been possible to walk from the back to the front during the show. Hopefully Hydro will be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,583 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The 3arena has capacity for 8000 standing and seating for 6,500 in the maximum standing layout.
    However for U2 the standing capacity will be slightly reduced due to the catwalk and music generation zone.
    Only 10000 tickets were officially sold for each gig .
    Id expect them to sell another 2000 tickets later on.

The Hydro has a standing capacity of 5k and 8k seats .
    Its probably the second largest GA capacity on the tour behind Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭greenoverred

So if someone was trying to offload tickets for Belfast for face value what is the best place of going about it. I got them as s present but already have tickets for Friday night in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

So if someone was trying to offload tickets for Belfast for face value what is the best place of going about it. I got them as s present but already have tickets for Friday night in Dublin

The best place would be Toutless.com

However, I might be interested in taking your tickets. How much are they and for where in the arena?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pervy_p

Toutless will not let you post U2 tickets due to paperless system. Should not stop seated resales but it does.
    I would be interested in the Belfast tickets for a mate who failed to get Dublin tickets.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭McBain11

Heading to the gig on Tuesday 24th in Dublin. I see the doors open at 6.30pm, but what time roughly will the gig actually start? Just wondering as could be rushing up from down the country!!

McBain11 wrote: »
    Heading to the gig on Tuesday 24th in Dublin. I see the doors open at 6.30pm, but what time roughly will the gig actually start? Just wondering as could be rushing up from down the country!!

I seen the lads last night, here in London. The show started just before 8:30pm and ended just shy of 11pm.

I presume Dublin will be the same.

Flawless concert, certainly made up for the disappointing 360 shows in 2009.
    The band are sounding vvv good and the new songs work a lot better than No Line on the Horizon did. The k1 sound system they are using is something to get excited about, my ears are still a little outta sorts, yet the mix was crystal clear, with every band member very well represented!

A very special performance by a great band!

The k1 sound system they are using is something to get excited about, my ears are still a little outta sorts, yet the mix was crystal clear, with every band member very well represented!

Saw it Friday. Sound was okay-ish.

Wooderson wrote: »
    Saw it Friday. Sound was okay-ish.

I have heard reports that being on the ground looses a lot of lower end as the subs are all air bound. I heard the sound was very thangy there, but I had a seat the opposite end of the arena and thought the sound was perfect! Very loud and clear, the only negative was it was too loud for Bono at times. I guess being further away from the stage helps sound wise and visually!

A solid performance!

yep the sound was spot on when I saw them, standing in Amsterdam. Fantastic show all round. Can't wait for Dublin now, they were apparently on the form of their lives in London and have been getting better and better as the tour goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Was there on Friday night myself. I had figured out a few days before we had crap seats, and knew they were as soon as I walked into the arena. Only a couple of rows up and right behind the stage, just to the right of centre. It was like a busman's holiday for my cousin who is a sound engineer as we were plonked right in front of the racks! The big screen was impossible to see. the end screen was also impossible to see as I would have to look straight up in the air because we were so low down. went out to complain and see if we could get a move, but no go.

Show started and we stayed where we were for a while but when Cedarwood road came on, I could make out what was happening but couldn't really see it. Absolutely brilliant though. I went to the jacks and found out that you could walk right the way around inside the arena. So I went and got the other fella and we never went back to our seats. Stood behind the seats and was told to go and sit down a few times, but we just kept moving around. At half time, we went down to try and get moved again or into the standing area, but still no joy.

In the end we had almost done a full circle and found a couple of empty seats behind left of the main stage where we watched the encore set. It was not quite as low down as our original seats and more offset, directly over the tunnel the band came in and out of actually so it had a pretty ok view of the big screen.

All in all, a class show. I was a bit pissed at paying about £110 for a very restricted view seat without being told, and that was in the presale requesting best possible seats when I couldn't get standing! Vast difference between that and the €38 for a restricted seat in Dublin.

Sound was great I thought, and that was from just below mid level basically and all corners of the arena.

It was great to hear the stars shining like summer nights on without you. Delighted they played blinding lights as it's fast become one of my more favourite U2 songs....... luckily ;)

• Advertisement

City of Blinding Lights would actually be the first song I'd change off their setlist:pac:

That sucks that you had such a restricted view. I read reports of people who complained at the venue as they had no prior warning of the restriction and paid full price, so they got moved to really good seats instead. Always worth a shot complaining!

Advertisement