Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Holy feck, where do people get the money, I wish I was rich or even just had a basement or even a house, apartments suck :(
    http://www.ukvac.com/forum/topic347661.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Holy feck, where do people get the money, I wish I was rich or even just had a basement or even a house, apartments suck :(
    http://www.ukvac.com/forum/topic347661.html

Link doesn't work unless you're a member. But I'm picturing a room full of cabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

A converted basement full of cabs, pins, beer taps and memorabilia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I see a Wii U emulator (Cemu) has hit the streets...

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Link doesn't work unless you're a member. But I'm picturing a room full of cabs?
    I wont bore you with every photo but have a look at athis:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    lespotts wrote:
    I moved into my current house 11 years ago, it’s a 4 storey Victorian town house built in 1870. The basement had not been used since the servant's moved out after the first world war. The outside exit had been bricked up and the only access was to crawl through a cupboard to access the internal staircase. I have attached some before and after photo's, hope you enjoy them
    1_zps7zhanqvu.jpg
    2.1_zpsbam5pvmm.jpg

3_zpszgxenjpd.jpg
    4.1_zpsbkixobq1.jpg

7_zpsgn0ifvnw.jpg
    8.1_zpszepc0f0k.jpg

DSC_8905.jpg
    DSC_8914.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ah but is he happy ?

Ah but is he happy ?

I'd say hes over the ****ing moon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Big Bang Bar, thats a €10'000+ machine right there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Big Bang Bar, thats a €10'000+ machine right there

You dont have one? Pffft

Saw that on Ukvac alright, theres a voting thing for mancaves as well, he has no competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

The Trainspotting poster really breaks the magic for me :P

Speaking of Trainspotting. Has anybody seen a copy of Nier for PS3 in the wild anywhere? CEX has two copies online but not in Dublin, and I don't trust them to be in good nick. They had a copy in Tallaght a couple weeks back, took the trek out, and it was missing a manual, and had an Inkjet printed cover.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Your own fault, how much do I have to bang on about people to buy Nier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you are getting PS1 games makes sure you get them from the US PAN otherwise you will end up with the compromised PAL releases (although the Resi games are the exception with Capcom releasing the U.S. versions of them).

There's corpse party on PSP which is excellent, just make sure to play with headphones because of the excellent 3D sound.

On PS1 you have Dino Crisis, Parasite Eve, Echo Nigt, Shadow Tower and Tecmo's Deception.

Those are the ones I'd recommend.

One PS2 there is Baroque, the three Fatal Frame/Project Zero games, Siren (PS3 game is great as well, Trapt.

If you want true horror there's also the God awful Legend of Dragoon.

Downloaded Fatal Frame from Canada PSN for about €6.50. I missed out on tonnes of Ps1 games at the time (my playing was limited to the "classics" ie. best selling, most well known. Ill report back with how I find it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fatal Frame is awesome you'll love it. The second one is even better again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ohh come on Amazon for feck sake!

12088349_10208250273357299_5867993911919203301_n.jpg?oh=33286c89a8bc7d8869fe9b82b3ea4826&oe=56CA2384

I wanna make crappy Mario levels already!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

MrVestek wrote: »
    Ohh come on Amazon for feck sake!

12088349_10208250273357299_5867993911919203301_n.jpg?oh=33286c89a8bc7d8869fe9b82b3ea4826&oe=56CA2384

I wanna make crappy Mario levels already!

Never mind!

12107128_10208251074537328_4152568177913672423_n.jpg?oh=defd8b48314a8c98302079654c991e92&oe=56924FAE

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Duke Nukem 3D getting a PAL release on MegaDrive, for the collectors, masochists and morbidly curious among you:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-16-duke-nukem-3d-finally-gets-a-sega-mega-drive-release

Really not liking the digital games future after last night. Went to pick up the last few XBox 360 games I was interested in and found a few were missing and taken down from the service. XMen has been gone ages but I'm still annoyed I never picked it up. Added to that list now is the Scott Pilgrim game, I wanted to pick up the final DLC to complete the game but it and the doc are completely gone from the store. Also gone is the Capcom Jojos fighting game although I can still get that on Dreamcast.

Really not liking the digital games future after last night. Went to pick up the last few XBox 360 games I was interested in and found a few were missing and taken down from the service. XMen has been gone ages but I'm still annoyed I never picked it up. Added to that list now is the Scott Pilgrim game, I wanted to pick up the final DLC to complete the game but it and the doc are completely gone from the store. Also gone is the Capcom Jojos fighting game although I can still get that on Dreamcast.

The only way now is to pirate them using a modded console, though I don't expect to industry to grasp the effects of such moves.

Your own fault, how much do I have to bang on about people to buy Nier!

I know right...I must suck it up and pick one up on eBay :(

I know right...I must suck it up and pick one up on eBay :(

Actually saw it today in my local games stop on 360 in Balbriggan. Think it was about 15 stingers.

• Advertisement

Actually saw it today in my local games stop on 360 in Balbriggan. Think it was about 15 stingers.

Yeah, 360 version is a lot easier to find. Can still get sealed copies on Amazon, but looking for the PS3 version, unless it's added to BC on XB1 (don't own a 360).

360 version is the better one but is missing one cool feature. On the PS3 it leaves some cryptic status messages on your profile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

MrVestek wrote: »
    Never mind!

12107128_10208251074537328_4152568177913672423_n.jpg?oh=defd8b48314a8c98302079654c991e92&oe=56924FAE

Say goodbye to next 100 hours of spare time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

360 version is the better one but is missing one cool feature. On the PS3 it leaves some cryptic status messages on your profile :)
    You'd think that Square would do a remaster of it to prepare for the sequel? Afterall, it was fairly overlooked when it first came out.

Now I'm even more annoyed with digital games. Went to have a quick go of Rhythm of Fighters on iOS. I can't update the game to play it and I've learned it's been removed from the App Store so I can't play it now or any of the DLC I've bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Now I'm even more annoyed with digital games. Went to have a quick go of Rhythm of Fighters on iOS. I can't update the game to play it and I've learned it's been removed from the App Store so I can't play it now or any of the DLC I've bought.

Whatever about taking games off the stores, if you bought it, it should be available indefinitely!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have said this was going to happen for years, at least with physical media you are always going to be able to lay hands on a copy of Marvel Vs Capcom 3, for the PS3 or 360, as they have a physical release.
    But looking for Outrun 2 for the 360? Out of luck, it's deleted from the shop due to rights issues, since Ferrari and Sega are no longer in bed together.

In this case I actually own the game and bought a load of DLC tracks for it because it's a genuinely great rhythm game but because I didn't get the last update before it was taken off the servers I can't play it at all, it just gives me an error message when I tried to start it and you can't redownload even if it is in your account history.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...and you can't redownload even if it is in your account history.

Yeah, this part is just assholery on their part I think. Should be fully available to those that bought it, so that's really just not on. Wonder if any of the EU laws on this kind of thing could help push them to keep it available.

• Advertisement

Great ad (as far as ads go!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement