Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nintendo and Sony and a CD based console...

Probably would have ended up with a CD based Mario game, and we know how that ended....
    latest?cb=20081107011814

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Does anyone have a Turbo Everdrive v1.2 that does not have a cover(as in a non deluxe version)?
    I've created a basic cover/shell for the main pcb(well, taken extreme inspiration from someone else's model) and my everdrive has its case glued on so i need someone to test it out.
    No charge of course, you can keep the case if it works for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn, mines 1.1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

1.1 here too! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I don't think there is any real physical difference between 1.1 and 1.2. At least not enough to effect the shell.
    I'll check it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Cool, well if it works on Ciderino's one I'll put in an order myself :)

Woohoo!!
    Free stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Dr Bob wrote: »
    LAst Ninja II is probably oen of my favourite games...but...
    LN 4 has been in development hell since at LEAST 2004! I'm pretty sure I've seen Xbox(not 360) prototype screens similar to those!

Also in unrelated news is anyone heading into that Amiga Kick off world cup in town tomorrow?

This aint LN4 though, its a totally different beast.

For those who havent seen the screenshots of LN4:

http://heechee.net/c64/ninja/ln4_screenshots.php

The Last Ninja HD looks to be more faithful to the original series, keeping the isometric view.

And thanks to the power of crowd funding these days, it could easily become a reality, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

For the Vectrex owners :
    https://trmm.net/Vectrex

eddhorse wrote: »
    For the Vectrex owners :
    https://trmm.net/Vectrex

If there was some way to access the necessary vector controls via the cart port, without modding, and then have a suitably programmed RP2 plugged into that via a daughter board, it would be amazeballs.
    One could play every vector display title on the console, albeit in b&w.
    Interesting times indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

I have a mate selling a snes but its a PAL one, I was thinking of getting into that everdrive craic but will the NTSC roms be forced to 50hz?
    How easy is the mod ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You'll need to mod it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

This is the only Christmas ad worth watching in November!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Not exactly Retro, but would anyone be interested in some not-too-easy-to-find Vita games? I'm going to be relocating soon, and need to start thinking about offloading some stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Not exactly Retro, but would anyone be interested in some not-too-easy-to-find Vita games? I'm going to be relocating soon, and need to start thinking about offloading some stuff!

What you have and what's the prices?

This kinda thing makes me sick, cops should be called on him.
    http://www.adverts.ie/9242914

Sorry, but no links or offers to sell non retro/arcade items in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I've never used the game share stuff on PS4, but from what I've read I'm fairly certain that's not how it works.

"I've been playing online for 6 months, must be unlimited so..."

He also seems to know more about the future PSN pricing than Sony do.

I've never used the game share stuff on PS4, but from what I've read I'm fairly certain that's not how it works.

"I've been playing online for 6 months, must be unlimited so..."

He also seems to know more about the future PSN pricing than Sony do.

Its the turning the ps4 to primary on the other guys account that annoys me. So he cant remove it from his devices list. Game sharing is a stupid idea

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Its the turning the ps4 to primary on the other guys account that annoys me. So he cant remove it from his devices list. Game sharing is a stupid idea

Ah, now I get it, ha. I should really read things a few times before replying after finishing a late shift!

Surely then, this "unlimited" PS+ that he's advertising is only free until the other guy stops paying for it, and after that happens you're left with an overpriced used PS4?

• Advertisement

Ah, now I get it, ha. I should really read things a few times before replying after finishing a late shift!

Surely then, this "unlimited" PS+ that he's advertising is only free until the other guy stops paying for it, and after that happens you're left with an overpriced used PS4?

Negative Equity PS4, its been withdrawn thankfully.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There was once a poster in the games forum who in the midst of that horrid PS4 vs Xbox One thread claimed that X1 games only cost around €30 brand new compared to €60+ for PS4 games.

When quizzed on this, it was revealed that of course they actually cost €60+ too, but when you halved the price with another person and bought from a different region that they 'only' cost €30.

Unique mental gymnastics if nothing else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

links gone ..what was it..dodgy psn account?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Someone had done game sharing with the seller, he'd set that PS4 to the primary console for that other person's account, and is trying to sell it on as always having free PSN.

Basically a filthy tea-leaf.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

This years secret Santa is live for anyone interested

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057520050/1/#post97680175

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Playtonic showed off a new character from 'Yooka-Laylee' today......Rextro SixtyFourus

A homage to 90's gaming characters, polygons and all. The shading on him has also been done especially to show the scanline effect.

Rex_1-720x540.jpg

Let's hope it isn't followed with the other feature of N64 platformers from Rare, tons of pointless collecting random crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Let's hope it isn't followed with the other feature of N64 platformers from Rare, tons of pointless collecting random crap!
    YOU WILL GET YOUR MIGHTY MULE YOUNG 64 AND YOU WILL LOVE IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Darius Burst CS coming sooner than expected :D
    I think I'll go for the Steam version (have to try that multi monitor support out!) and physical Vita release in January.

(I think it's worth abandoning the shmup thread at this stage, there's not enough interest.)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

You know, those Rare platformers werent really that great and have aged quite poorly. Yooka-laylee seems to be going for that awful Rare N64 era art style where everything is just too sickeningly sweet and cute as they try to emulate Nintendos style and fail miserably. Still if it's fun and more banjo kazooie than DK64 I'll play it.
    blag wrote: »
    Darius Burst CS coming sooner than expected :D
    I think I'll go for the Steam version (have to try that multi monitor support out!) and physical Vita release in January.

(I think it's worth abandoning the shmup thread at this stage, there's not enough interest.)

Definitely PC version for me, I'm looking to get a super wide 1440p screen soon myself and it would be a crime to play it in a bordered display.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement