Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Great ad (as far as ads go!)

Yeah, after Nintendo, Sony pretty much own my soul with adverts like that.
    Might as well give that soul away, it's not like I'm doing anything better with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Might as well give that soul away, it's not like I'm doing anything better with it!

In fairness you'd probably only go and buy it back next week:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

In fairness you'd probably only go and buy it back next week:rolleyes:

Nah, it's not a thing I can see myself ever using tbh, being an atheist and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nah, it's not a thing I can see myself ever using tbh, being an atheist and all.

Just don't let it go too cheap then, no trades for a cd-i.

HomerSellsSoul.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Just don't let it go too cheap then, no trades for a cd-i.

HomerSellsSoul.jpg
    "Who's that goat legged fellow, I like the cut of his jib."

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Saw Turbo Kid last night at the IFI.

It's really great... amazing soundtrack too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Really not liking the digital games future after last night. Went to pick up the last few XBox 360 games I was interested in and found a few were missing and taken down from the service. XMen has been gone ages but I'm still annoyed I never picked it up. Added to that list now is the Scott Pilgrim game, I wanted to pick up the final DLC to complete the game but it and the doc are completely gone from the store. Also gone is the Capcom Jojos fighting game although I can still get that on Dreamcast.

Someone in the PS forum posted a comment about how their Paypal was hacked and then the PSN account was blocked meaning no access to games that were already purchased. Outrageous if true :(

Payment failed on my PS+ subscription renewal last week. No explanation why and it wouldn't accept any manual payments. The contact us link on their support page is a broken link.

Eventually found a workaround by adding €50 to my wallet and then using wallet funds... so I guess I get an extra penny out of the deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

DinoRex wrote: »
    Payment failed on my PS+ subscription renewal last week. No explanation why and it wouldn't accept any manual payments. The contact us link on their support page is a broken link.

Eventually found a workaround by adding €50 to my wallet and then using wallet funds... so I guess I get an extra penny out of the deal.

Was all your previous digital content still available upon renewal?

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    Was all your previous digital content still available upon renewal?

Yep. Seems so.

Fan port of Super Mario World to the MSX:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Totally forgot to mention that one of my favourite games of all time will be getting sequel in HD for PS4, Xbox One and PC - The Last Ninja.

x8kSdAy.jpg

Edit: Matt Gray will be one of the musicians contributing to it.

Fan port of Super Mario World to the MSX:

That's simply incredible.
    It's like seeing a port of Daytona on a Spectrum!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pretty cool Dreamcast widescreen hack that's not just stretching the screen. It uses an Action Replay or compatible cheat disc to actually mess with the 3D camera in game and display in anamorphic widescreen, while still retaining the normal 2D elements without distortion.

http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/widescreen-hacks.58620/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

USgamer are doing a series of NES articles for the 30th anniversary, the most interesting is an article with the creator of the NES.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/nes-creator-masayuki-uemura-on-the-birth-of-nintendos-first-console

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Pretty cool Dreamcast widescreen hack that's not just stretching the screen. It uses an Action Replay or compatible cheat disc to actually mess with the 3D camera in game and display in anamorphic widescreen, while still retaining the normal 2D elements without distortion.

http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/widescreen-hacks.58620/

It's fine for cutscenes but I've seen guys on Twitch use this before. The game renders with 4:3 in mind so you'll notice that things on the far side of the screen will pop in and out of view all the time.

I couldn't play the game like that it'd be too much of a distraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    USgamer are doing a series of NES articles for the 30th anniversary, the most interesting is an article with the creator of the NES.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/nes-creator-masayuki-uemura-on-the-birth-of-nintendos-first-console

I always wondered why our NES wasn't a top loader,now i know!

Something a little bit different from the podcast just in time for Halloween.

http://arcadeandretro.com/arcade-and-retro-podcast-polybius/

(also I'm dead now or something)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Something a little bit different from the podcast just in time for Halloween.

http://arcadeandretro.com/arcade-and-retro-podcast-polybius/

(also I'm dead now or something)

Can't wait to give this a listen, thought we wouldn't have anything done for Halloween for the podcast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

K8coMAE.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'm guessing she broke up with him soon after ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Poor Jamie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

eddhorse wrote: »
    Poor Jamie

I know, right? Wouldn't wish Final Fantasy XIII on my worst enemy!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Doge wrote: »
    K8coMAE.jpg
    Superb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

My latest project i call it the Digital Quake3 Frame

https://ogprojects.wordpress.com/digital-quake3-frame/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Those onscreen controls :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Ive just seen this. This is a new arcade club just opened near Manchester in the UK. Drool!!...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Was in games mania there in Cork yesterday what a shocking shop. None of the games had any prices so you have no idea what anything costs to you bring it up to the counter.

So seen a game that I liked when I was younger from the very 1st xbox. Syrio a Hero's Tail so looked at it the box had a few water marks on it so the cover Wasint the best, no book inside the box and the cd looked like it had seen better days.

Brought it up to the counter and asked how much it was. So he went and typed the game name into eBay in front of me and priced it off I think new games and turned around to me and said 25 euros lol. I nearly pissed myself at him. I told him the game box, no book and disk isn't looking the best so I would give him 10 euros for it a fair price. Nope told me to go buy it online lol as the copy he is selling is the cheapest one around.

Bought the game on amazon incudeing post for 9.50 lol.

But how can you run a shop with no prices on any of your games ?. As really you have no idea what anything costs and I do expect to pay a little bit more in shop then online but throwing out random prices for games is very funny.

I thought the rage was dear but the only thing he had priced was a few games consoles and they where dear very dear. 75 euros for a magadrive and 85 for a N64 is nuts.

Has anyone here ever been in that store?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement