Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Myrddin wrote: »
    I've just made an offer there on my #1 grail game...christ almighty, I'll literally be eating beans until after xmas if it goes through...

Counter offer received, & not a decent one. I'll bounce another offer back...
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Could it be?
    Given your avatar!
    (Snes Stargate)

If only dude...:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.JPG

I've just made an offer there on my #1 grail game...christ almighty, I'll literally be eating beans until after xmas if it goes through...

Ohhh f**k...... I suddenly feel like this :D:pac::p:):o:(:confused: Time to break the beans out...

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

I've lurked here quite a bit, but I've noticed if there's ever been any meetups. Anything on the cards lads? Going a bit crazy without having anyone to talk retro with here in the big smoke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, there'll be a Halloween night upcoming at the end of October, there'll be a Proper Crimbo night in mine in early/mid December and that should be our lot until next year, unless something else comes up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

What's the craic with Boards the last few days? Broken links all over the shop for me. Hit and miss whether the Touch site works. Full desktop slightly better. 'Last Post' links not working sometimes though.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    What's the craic with Boards the last few days? Broken links all over the shop for me. Hit and miss whether the Touch site works. Full desktop slightly better. 'Last Post' links not working sometimes though.

Borkage - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057503701

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Japanese modder puts Skull Kid into the original Smash Bros, custom stage and all.

Well, there'll be a Halloween night upcoming at the end of October, there'll be a Proper Crimbo night in mine in early/mid December and that should be our lot until next year, unless something else comes up.

What do ye usually do for the Hallowe'en one? Would love to tag along if there's room, I'm all up for throwing caution to the wind and meeting strangers off the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

What do ye usually do for the Hallowe'en one? Would love to tag along if there's room, I'm all up for throwing caution to the wind and meeting strangers off the internet.

Be careful what you wish for, in generally starts out like this.

5065473314_4b0ceb1a57_m.jpg

You end up here,

country-cottage.jpg

Then you meet the regulars,

Local-Yokels.png

After dark things get really scary.

64mro2.jpg

Are you sure you're still ready?

• Advertisement

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I hear they play all their games in 50hz.
    The horror!!!

I hear they play all their games in 50hz.
    The horror!!!

via RF :eek:

And use the connection to play Blue Stinger.... the whole way through!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

GREAT SCOTT!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Most beers are similar, playing bad games and sweeties lol. Since its Halloween it's probably gonna be all horror games.
    Follow the "Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)" topic, it's usually there it's posted about.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,972 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Playing good games at a beers is a rarity akin to catching a Mew in the wild.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Playing good games at a beers is a rarity akin to catching a Mew in the wild.

Aside from your Xbox game that broke my Xbox!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,972 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It just couldn't handle so much American patriotism.

Ah grand, not just me so.

Any update on this grail get of yours? Presumably its a console game and not a pcb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

For some reason anytime it's brought up I just imagine this
    B06WpOuIYAAcxJP.jpg

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Any update on this grail get of yours? Presumably its a console game and not a pcb?

Just that it's gonna make people think "seriously?? That's ridiculous paying that much money for a game, & not even a good game!"...but it has a very special place in my heart, & to own it will mean a lot to me. I'll update again when I have it in my hands & I verify for certain it's a legit copy (I'm very superstitious!) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Just that it's gonna make people think "seriously?? That's ridiculous paying that much money for a game, & not even a good game!"...but it has a very special place in my heart, & to own it will mean a lot to me. I'll update again when I have it in my hands & I verify for certain it's a legit copy (I'm very superstitious!) :o

You picked some time to play mystery get in the middle of a postal strike, the suspense is killing me. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sounding more and more like Rise of the Robots here dude... :pac:

You picked some time to play mystery get in the middle of a postal strike, the suspense is killing me. :(

I was mighty relieved to read things are back to normal today! Seller messaged me today to tell me it had to be posted priority, as the insurance for standard registered didn't cover the value. This is good on one hand as I'll get it quicker, but I'm surefire to get stung for customs now, & it'll be a big feckin' charge :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

GREAT SCOTT!

never mind that ,you can now basically play* your way though an 80's G1 transformers cartoon episode.
    Living in the future is great!
    devastationheader.jpg
    *basically by kicking decepticon shiney metal ass

Hmmm thought it might have been that Snatcher game but not sure if you already have that. Doesn't fit the bill with "not even a good game". So presumably it's cartridge based if you're concerned about it being legit - did the seller not confirm that for you seeing as you're obviously paying a fair whack for it?

And it's defo a game? Not an LP by some obscure Caribbean-based 70s r&b artist ala Pyongyang's post that time! :D

Any tips on picking up one of these fancy broadcast monitors for gaming? Not pushed on the brand, as long as it can do decent RGB. Where can I find one in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Any tips on picking up one of these fancy broadcast monitors for gaming? Not pushed on the brand, as long as it can do decent RGB. Where can I find one in Ireland?

There's probably about 50 of them in Steve_SI's house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Just get a clean 21" Trinitron TV. Not as tweakable but picture quality is excellent on them and also have RF input if RetroGamer ever decides to call over :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement