Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 9 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

FHFC wrote: »
    After a million scenarios the one that sticks with me today is that i have exactly enough to get Sterling and Costa for Aguero and Westwood. I could then play AOA this week with....

Myhill
    Kolarov, Naughton (Souare, Martin, Gomez)
    Hazard, Sanchez, Mahrez, Sterling, Mané
    Costa, Vardy, Sahko

Should I do it??

Mahrez is the fly in the ointment for playing AOA this week. If he was dropped last week for a more defensive strategy, his gametime will surely be limited against Soton. I'll likely have a strong front 8 after this week's transfers, but might hold AOA for the following week once we see what happens with Mahrez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I don't really see the appeal people have in Costa, he hasn't done anything bar one match this season. He's a red waiting to happen in a team that's out of sorts.

No doubt about it, he's a gamble. Bearing in mind the points I've already mentioned though I think he could be worth a punt while we wait for King Kun to resurrect himself (or until GW11 to move to Lukaku for me if he's not re-invented himself)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I don't really see the appeal people have in Costa, he hasn't done anything bar one match this season. He's a red waiting to happen in a team that's out of sorts.

https://twitter.com/arsenalfantv/status/653929449625268224
    Right, feel it's a job for iroced. I only very slightly started it.

2 GWs ago I started to question Sanchez value (seriously). Ye' all know how it ended up.
    Last GW I reverse-psychologically questioned Agüers value.
    So. Costa?

Jeez don't ever go close to him again! The man is a disgrace to football, only focusing in the nasty aspects of the game and getting defenders to react to his provocations and be red carded instead of tryting to actually score for his team.
    Look how he almost by himself turn the fabulous Spanish team into an average anonymous one at the last WC. It is no surprise that Spain is becoming a gain a great team without him.
    I'd say Mourinho did him so lmuch wrong he's almost finished npw. remember his Atletico years under Simeone. A poison on the pitch but e lethal scorer too. He was as interested into his "bitch" behaviour than his scoring stats. Now he forgot about the latter part.
    And Chelsea are all ove rthe shop right now. They're becoming an average side. There's also Mourinho' sthird year factor where his seasons generally turn into disaster.

Seriously though, he's not a player I rate very high, not as bad as what I just wrote but a very 1-dimensional one.

Right. Feel free to captain him now lads :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    @ Lemlin.

Granted you value more Mané than Pellè but who do you driop from Payet Mahrez Sanchez De Bruyne? Payet? I feel Mané & Payet could score similar in the season. It could be a case or Payet + Pellè or Mané + Sakho though...
    Or you go for a strong front 8 while Agüero is out and plan on getting rid of the AOA chip?

Drop Mahrez because I have Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Colking wrote: »
    No doubt about it, he's a gamble. Bearing in mind the points I've already mentioned though I think he could be worth a punt while we wait for King Kun to resurrect himself (or until GW11 to move to Lukaku for me if he's not re-invented himself)

If you have Vardy and Pelle as your other two strikers and don't want to beef up your midfield, I guess. Just seems like spending money for the sake of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Anyone else considering Bony? He will surely be up front now that Aguero is out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Just seems like spending money for the sake of it

You could take the same point of view about any transfer. As always, time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Lemlin wrote: »
    Berahino isn't guaranteed playing time. He was pulled off at half time in their last game vs Palace. He has only played 90 minutes once this season in eight games. West Brom have Rondon, Lambert and Anichebe.

He's also playing left wing for the least offensive team in the league. He's a good player player but I'd never consider him as an option while Pulis is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,997 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm in the Costa conundrum also. I can either go Costa for Ighalo and Kolarov/Darmian (depending on the Kolarov injury) to Bertrand or Drinkwater to Hazard and Kolarov/Darmian to 4.2/3 defender (depending on whether Hazard drops)

I think Chelsea are going to murder Villa and I wanna be a part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mahrez is the fly in the ointment for playing AOA this week. If he was dropped last week for a more defensive strategy, his gametime will surely be limited against Soton. I'll likely have a strong front 8 after this week's transfers, but might hold AOA for the following week once we see what happens with Mahrez.

Nail on the head. Was concerned about this, and even if he was likely to start also about using AOA to play 2 Leicester lads with a tough fixture attacking wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

When is there likely to be accurate info on extent of Kolorov injury?,I have him,Silva and Aguero to fret over!!,
    Thinking Silva to KDB as transfer for moment and then deciding on a hit for either Aguero or Kolorov out?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

When is there likely to be accurate info on extent of Kolorov injury?,I have him,Silva and Aguero to fret over!!,
    Thinking Silva to KDB as transfer for moment and then deciding on a hit for either Aguero or Kolorov out?!!!

Probably not till they all get back to Manchester and the team docs look them over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Rikand wrote: »
    Probably not till they all get back to Manchester and the team docs look them over.

None of them near a price drop anyway according to fplstatistics so will hold off till then before making move.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

International break hasn't done me any good. Already done Aguero>Pelle. Now have Ayew, Kolarov, Evans and STaylor on the injury list. Any word on Kolarov/Ayew? Could transfer one out for Bertrand/Payet for a -4 hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Iheanacho has been doing well. Could he start ahead of Bony?

International break hasn't done me any good. Already done Aguero>Pelle. Now have Ayew, Kolarov, Evans and STaylor on the injury list. Any word on Kolarov/Ayew? Could transfer one out for Bertrand/Payet for a -4 hit.

I think Ayew cried off international duty with a 'knock'.

Ben Dinnery had this to say "More of a precautionary. Should be close http://t.co/3OsRCOYAmr https://t.co/eUGfDbdgbd"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I think Ayew cried off international duty with a 'knock'.

Ben Dinnery had this to say "More of a precautionary. Should be close http://t.co/3OsRCOYAmr https://t.co/eUGfDbdgbd"

Hmm. I'll hold onto him for this week and probably transfer him out after for Payet, depends on how he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

On what accounts? He wasn't in the squad!!

Whoops! Had read reports this week criticising his performance against Macedonia but must have misread the date of that game being in September as opposed to October!

De Bruyne scoring again tonight makes him hars to overlook.

Dammit.

Hmmm. Exact change again for Mahrez and Aguero to Costa and De Bruyne.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Yes. Although there are a lot of cons. to him that have been discussed in the last week on the threads I will get him for 3 GWs at least.
    It's been a long break and for most of it I've been happy with that one transfer in mind but am now toying with the idea of Bony and Hazard for Mahrez and Kun and using AOA but will probably stay with original plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I've been contemplating a So'ton double for so long now! There are so much midfielders in and around the price of 8.0M but then so few forwards in that same price range. I think Mane will be the point-scorer, and Pelle won't be as clinical. Yet Pelle fits into my team so easily. Then I could also splash the cash on Sturridge or Costa, but neither are guarantees! Lukaku's next two fixtures are pretty woeful as well. I think I'll have to make the decision tonight with Pelle on the verge of rising.

Same than above re Pellè. My only other option is Costa.

Or I could ... No I can't :pac:. The AOA idea crossed my mind for a second but can't get Hazard in with Pellè. Would have had to ditch Mahrez and play Wanyama anyway (£0.3m short for that) so no regrets. As many said, in February/March or even later with maybe £2-3m more in resale value this chip may be more valuable!

So. was all set on Pellè but it is very stupid but my reverse jinxing childish idiotic stuff has me considering Costa. Well it is also Villa at home and they have to bounce back and Mourinho had 2 weeks to remotivate his squad.
    Basically Pellè has form, fixtures & offer great squad flexibility until Sergio's return while Costa only has fixtures. Opinions?

Same than above re Pellè.

My only other option is Costa.

Or I could ... No I can't :pac:. The AOA idea crossed my mind for a second but can't get Hazard in with Pellè. Would have had to ditch Mahrez and play Wanyama anyway (£0.3m short for that) so no regrets. As many said, in February/March or even later with maybe £2-3m more in resale value this chip may be more valuable!

So. was all set on Pellè but it is very stupid but my reverse jinxing childish idiotic stuff has me considering Costa. Well it is also Villa at home and they have to bounce back and Mourinho had 2 weeks to remotivate his squad.

Sorely tempted by the Costa and De Bruyne combo but afraid of dropping Mahrez.

De Bruyne, Mané, Sanchez, Hazard
    Costa, Vardy, Sahko

...looks very sexy. But dependent on Chelsea getting into gear. Which i think they might after the respite of the international break as your last line alludes to. The Ivanovic injury no harm either.

Edit. In reply to your edit....its a close call. I'd be happier having some Chelsea cover from now on and especially for this week. But I'd also want either Mané or Pellè. You'd hardly sacrifice Payet for Mané and get Costa for Aguero?

Sorely tempted by the Costa and De Bruyne combo but afraid of dropping Mahrez.

De Bruyne, Mané, Sanchez, Hazard
    Costa, Vardy, Sahko

...looks very sexy. But dependent on Chelsea getting into gear. Which i think they might after the respite of the international break as your last line alludes to. The Ivanovic injury no harm either.

Edit. In reply to your edit....its a close call. I'd be happier having some Chelsea cover from now on and especially for this week. But I'd also want either Mané or Pellè. You'd hardly sacrifice Payet for Mané and get Costa for Aguero?
    I can do Aguero + Mahrez -> Costa + Mané for -4.

Just had a look at Costa's stats so far. He did absolutely nothing bar the West Brom game... So it looks like we're all anticipating Villa to "Costallapse" but I think, so far, none of our anticipated routing actually happened.
    The Pellè route sounds safer. But safety doesn't always reward...

About your team, your AOA line-up looks very tasty on paper. How much of a hit it is though? I think anyway your main question is KDB or not KDB? And I presume he'd be coming in for Mahrez. I guess losing Mahrez for KDB eases the loss? Though in terms of pts, if it's a big hit it may not reward now.

Same than above re Pellè. My only other option is Costa.

Basically Pellè has form, fixtures & offer great squad flexibility until Sergio's return while Costa only has fixtures. Opinions?

I'm going with Bony myself.
    For me I would pick Pelle over Costa but that's more to do with a big dislike for the Chelsea bully.
    Having Mane seems to be putting some off the double up but I would not let that put me off short term.
    The big plus for Costa is he is more "captainable" than Pelle imo and I can see him as a top 3 choice this week in captain poll and maybe top pick in GW10

I can do Aguero + Mahrez -> Costa + Mané for -4.

Just had a look at Costa's stats so far. He did absolutely nothing bar the West Brom game... So it looks like we're all anticipating Villa to "Costallapse" but I think, so far, none of our anticipated routing actually happened.
    The Pellè route sounds safer. But safety doesn't always reward...

About your team, your AOA line-up looks very tasty on paper. How much of a hit it is though? I think anyway your main question is KDB or not KDB? And I presume he'd be coming in for Mahrez. I guess losing Mahrez for KDB eases the loss? Though in terms of pts, if it's a big hit it may not reward now.

If i do the transfers above and get rid of Mahrez it won't be AOA. That leaves Westwood on my bench and 4 big hitters in my front 7 of Hazard, Sanchez, KdB and Costa. I could go a similar route but get Sterling for Westwood in a strong front 8.

The safer option probably is to get Pellè and KDB for Aguero and Westwood doubling up on Southampton rather than Chelsea in a strongfront 8 with AOA potential.

Re hits. If i want City cover which is not Bony I'll be going to -8 so that's pretty definitely happening. No City for this week seems more reckless than an 8 pt hit.

If i do the transfers above and get rid of Mahrez it won't be AOA. That leaves Westwood on my bench and 4 big hitters in my front 7 of Hazard, Sanchez, KdB and Costa. I could go a similar route but get Sterling for Westwood in a strong front 8.

The safer option probably is to get Pellè and KDB for Aguero and Westwood doubling up on Southampton rather than Chelsea in a strongfront 8 with AOA potential.

Re hits. If i want City cover which is not Bony I'll be going to -8 so that's pretty definitely happening. No City for this week seems more reckless than an 8 pt hit.
    Considering that, I'd go KDB + Pellè if I were you. You have Hazard (who's been doing decent lately) for Chelsea cover anyway. I know I said it for Sanchez-Walcott (though they were at least playing better) but spending £22.2m and using 2 of your front 7/8 spots for Chelsea attackers sounds madness right now.
    The only worry is what next? This week you have the AOA. But who do you bench afterwards?

-

Think, personally, I'm going to go for Pellè. He's the leading striker in the game. So maybe, pulling the trigger now, I could also be looking at a £0.1m profit before the week-end.
    Only Azpi for Chelsea cover may be a concern. But if they again disappoint home to Villa, it'd look like a terrible idea to have spent that much on one of their attacker (the only one I'd really rate is Hazard but can't afford him now) ...

- edit -
    Agüero -> Pellè done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

ElTel wrote: »
    The big plus for Costa is he is more "captainable" than Pelle imo and I can see him as a top 3 choice this week in captain poll and maybe top pick in GW10

Pelle is beating Costa in the FFS poll. Despite not being sent off since 2012 or something, I would be more hesitant of captaining Costa for the dreaded doubling a negative score.
    I'm leaning towards Vardy over Pelle because I (in theory) have Sanchez and KDB as my top two captaincy choices this GW and in two GWs. That overlaps with Pelle's best fixtures, while Vardy against Palace next GW would likely be my VC

Pelle is beating Costa in the FFS poll. Despite not being sent off since 2012 or something, I would be more hesitant of captaining Costa for the dreaded doubling a negative score.
    I'm leaning towards Vardy over Pelle because I (in theory) have Sanchez and KDB as my top two captaincy choices this GW and in two GWs. That overlaps with Pelle's best fixtures, while Vardy against Palace next GW would likely be my VC

Vardy has to be my VC at least in GW10 unless Bony announces himself this GW and midweek and makes me consider him in the Manchester derby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Considering that, I'd go KDB + Pellè if I were you. You have Hazard (who's been doing decent lately) for Chelsea cover anyway. I know I said it for Sanchez-Walcott (though they were at least playing better) but spending £22.2m and using 2 of your front 7/8 spots for Chelsea attackers sounds madness right now.
    The only worry is what next? This week you have the AOA. But who do you bench afterwards?

-

Think, personally, I'm going to go for Pellè. He's the leading striker in the game. So maybe, pulling the trigger now, I could also be looking at a £0.1m profit before the week-end.
    Only Azpi for Chelsea cover may be a concern. But if they again disappoint home to Villa, it'd look like a terrible idea to have spent that much on one of their attacker (the only one I'd really rate is Hazard but can't afford him now) ...

- edit -
    Agüero -> Pellè done.

I'm having the same conundrum. I held off on Pelle last night. Will swallow the 0.1 I missed but, to be honest, he seems to be the in-form striker at the minute.

I wouldn't have even considered Costa had he not been mentioned here. I can see myself going Pelle in tomorrow and Mane in next week. I haven't checked yet but with the extra cash I may even have enough to upgrade Wanyama to Mane.

Could play my AOA then for a week before transferring someone back to a cheapie again.

Advertisement