Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 9 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Would it not make more sense to keep the wildcard to get Kun back in around GW12/13?
    You can get just about any two players you want in the game now when you spend his €13.1M and take a -4, whereas getting him back could be complicated.

This is what I've decided too.

He will be susceptible to injury for the first couple of games. So I'll make sure he is 100% fit before taking him back in.

It also allows me the time to see who Klopp and Big Sam fancy. A Sunderland defender will be a must at those prices. He may even play PVA a bit further forward on the left.

Klopp likes his forwards to take a pop from distance so it will also give me time to assess his favoured 3 behind the striker. I wouldn't be surprised to see Firmino in the hole with Coutinho to the left and Sturridge to the right. He also like his full backs playing further forward so Moreno could be a very good option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Vardys form and underlying stats make him essential atm imo.

Anyone any thoughts on Ayoze for Newcastles good run and a strong front 8?? Or have i just thunk myself to a level beyond Level Prodston???

I ended up with Ayoze as my Sanchez makeweight. Will give him a couple matches

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Vardys form and underlying stats make him essential atm imo.

Anyone any thoughts on Ayoze for Newcastles good run and a strong front 8?? Or have i just thunk myself to a level beyond Level Prodston???

I think Murray is a great option for a cheap striker for a strong front 8. If he had of scored that pen the other day he would've got 12 pts instead of 3 and the bandwagon would be in full flight. Their fixtures aren't great which is fine as you don't want to be tempted to use him every week.They play Newcastle at home in a couple of weeks which is a great time to use the aoa chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Aguero out
    Wanyama out

Costa in
    Mane in

Strong front 8 now for a -8 but still have problems in defence with Kolarov, Evans and the dropped Muneisa in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think Murray is a great option for a cheap striker for a strong front 8. If he had of scored that pen the other day he would've got 12 pts instead of 3 and the bandwagon would be in full flight. Their fixtures aren't great which is fine as you don't want to be tempted to use him every week.They play Newcastle at home in a couple of weeks which is a great time to use the aoa chip.

May replace Sahko with him shortly all right. A 3rd forward that cheap opens up a front 8 including KdB, Hazard, Sanchez and Sturridge. Which could be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Toying with a late WC this week. Think my team could do with an overhaul, captain Kun papered over the cracks last week. Made an early switch of Sterling out for Mané - not the worst but a bit annoying I could have used that FT for Aguero-related changes.

Current team below (1 FT remaining)

365348.png

Option 1 (no hit)
    Aguero -> Bony or Vardy

Option 2 (-4)
    Aguero -> Vardy
    Westwood -> Sanchez or KDB

Option 3 (-8)
    Aguero -> Vardy
    Westwood -> KDB
    Mahrez -> Sanchez

Options 2 & 3 might make me use the AOA chip, especially if it looks like Kolarov won't play.

Other option is to use the wildcard and fix various other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Pelle in for Aguero done for -4
    I'd have preferred Costa but feel I need one of Mane/Pelle this week.
    Hope to leave it at that although if Kolarov is ruled out I may go -8

With a crucial UCL tie v Sevilla next week MP may decide not to risk Bony in GW9 as Kelechi is not registered for the competition #MCFC

@BenDinnery

Conjecture but food for thought that i think Busts mentioned already re Bony. The opposing argument is that Bony needs minutes to be sharp for the UCL games. He is however a risk in more ways than one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I've gone on FF holiday over the break.

How long is Aguero expected to be out for?

Still undecided who to get in for Aguero. Costa hasnt been performing, Lukaku has but has ****e fixtures for the next two weeks, Bony is too much of a risk, Sturridge I like but I'm not sure on. Will wait until Friday.

Even though I'm already on a -8, I'm oddly Zen about it all. Doesn't even bother me thinking about going for another hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

Thinking Silva & Wilson out for De Bruyne & Berahino, with a -4 hit. I have some spare cash in the wallet to cover the extra fees. Sadly I have Sagna on my team as well which I need to get rid of but may wait the extra week to get rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I've gone on FF holiday over the break.

How long is Aguero expected to be out for?

About a month

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think I might be going all out attack this week just to get 11 on the field. Would mean playing Darren Fletcher tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

In a bit of a pickle this week. Aguero, Lovren, Kolorav likely out. Yoshida and Shaqiri probably won't play.

Thinking about 2 transfers for -4, Augero and Shaqiri out for Pelle and Walcott. Already have Alexis but I think its worth doubling up, as Walcott is likely to continue up front and Arsenal seem to be hitting some form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Toying with the idea of playing the AOA for this week, partly because of Aguero and partly because of my awful defensive situation.
    At the moment I have a front 7 of

KDB Sanchez Mahrez Payet
    Martial Pelle Vardy

With 8.8 in the bank, any thoughts on a strong 5th midfielder? Ross Barkley is tempting me atm, the fact that I have Pelle is putting me off Mane.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Toying with the idea of playing the AOA for this week, partly because of Aguero and partly because of my awful defensive situation.
    At the moment I have a front 7 of

KDB Sanchez Mahrez Payet
    Martial Pelle Vardy

With 8.8 in the bank, any thoughts on a strong 5th midfielder? Ross Barkley is tempting me atm, the fact that I have Pelle is putting me off Mane.

If you went with Barkley you'd have my exact midfield. With 8.8m available I'd be tempted by Walcott, although it's risky with must win Champions League matches coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My team at the minute:

Myhill
    Bertrand Kolarov Bellerin
    Payet Mahrez Sanchez De Bruyne
    Aguero Vardy Martial
    Hennessy, Souare, Wanyama, Nyom

Aguero is definitely out. Kolarov and Nyom are doubts. I stupidly made a rash early transfer of Dier to Bellerin.

That said, I'm thinking about just holding off and playing Souare and/or Wanyama if Kolarov also misses out.

When looking at my potential Aguero replacements:

Pelle - do I trust him after the mess of last season's January wildcard? I also only want one attacker from Saints and that player is Mane. Bringing Pelle in now will only result in a transfer later when I bring Mane into midfield.
    Costa - too unsure about Chelsea. Fitness issues. Discipline issues.
    Lukaku - haven't overly considered him.
    Bony - hasn't featured enough to know his form but I'd have worries that Sterling could start up front.

I suppose I could go Pelle in this week, Mane in next and then take Pelle out for Lukaku in two weeks. Or just bring Lukaku in now and Mane in next week.

Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Lemlin wrote: »
    My team at the minute:

Myhill
    Bertrand Kolarov Bellerin
    Payet Mahrez Sanchez De Bruyne
    Aguero Vardy Martial
    Hennessy, Souare, Wanyama, Nyom

Aguero is definitely out. Kolarov and Nyom are doubts. I stupidly made a rash early transfer of Dier to Bellerin.

That said, I'm thinking about just holding off and playing Souare and/or Wanyama if Kolarov also misses out.

When looking at my potential Aguero replacements:

Pelle - do I trust him after the mess of last season's January wildcard? I also only want one attacker from Saints and that player is Mane. Bringing Pelle in now will only result in a transfer later when I bring Mane into midfield.
    Costa - too unsure about Chelsea. Fitness issues. Discipline issues.
    Lukaku - haven't overly considered him.
    Bony - hasn't featured enough to know his form but I'd have worries that Sterling could start up front.

I suppose I could go Pelle in this week, Mane in next and then take Pelle out for Lukaku in two weeks. Or just bring Lukaku in now and Mane in next week.

Decisions, decisions.

Bellerin will go up at least once before the weekend so don't beat yourself up too much over it.

Pelle/Mane tough one. I currently have Pelle myself but I'd like to field Mane as well. Southampton have a lovely run of games till 13 so I'd have no problem doubling up on them as an option and then trading one to Everton.
    You could potentially get 2 rises out of Pelle before kick off as well.

Costa - This is who I'm most likely changing Aguero to. He's had 3 games off to sort out overall fitness, got torn a new one by Jose and has a point to prove to the Spanish and English Press. He could be due a big one this weekend.

Bony - considered him for a while but I think is too risky in a 3-4-3 formation that doesn't have a strong 8. If you have a strong 8 he becomes more attractive but is still risky. Iheanacho is apparently not registered for the CL so Bony will be a serious start/rotation risk for the PL. Sterling could be played up front either and Nasri might get a run out. As I said I'm playing 3-4-3 with a strong 7 so will steer clear of this risk.

Lukaku - He's on my radar from 11.

These international injuries have thrown up a lot of options (I like it as we were all starting to have the same front 7). Interesting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I'm now considering Berahino instead of Costa. He's in better form, Sunderland's defence isn't going to be fixed in one training session and WBA's fixtures over the next three games are as good as Chelsea's. I'm a bit wary of Costa too as he doesn't really look that match fit, was atrocious for Spain on all accounts though did play well for Chelsea in Porto. All food for thought I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm now considering Berahino instead of Costa. He's in better form, Sunderland's defence isn't going to be fixed in one training session and WBA's fixtures over the next three games are as good as Chelsea's. I'm a bit wary of Costa too as he doesn't really look that match fit, was atrocious for Spain on all accounts though did play well for Chelsea in Porto. All food for thought I guess.

Berahino isn't guaranteed playing time. He was pulled off at half time in their last game vs Palace. He has only played 90 minutes once this season in eight games. West Brom have Rondon, Lambert and Anichebe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

@ Lemlin.

Granted you value more Mané than Pellè but who do you driop from Payet Mahrez Sanchez De Bruyne? Payet? I feel Mané & Payet could score similar in the season. It could be a case or Payet + Pellè or Mané + Sakho though...
    Or you go for a strong front 8 while Agüero is out and plan on getting rid of the AOA chip?

After a million scenarios the one that sticks with me today is that i have exactly enough to get Sterling and Costa for Aguero and Westwood. I could then play AOA this week with....

Myhill
    Kolarov, Naughton (Souare, Martin, Gomez)
    Hazard, Sanchez, Mahrez, Sterling, Mané
    Costa, Vardy, Sahko

Should I do it??

iroced wrote: »
    @ Lemlin.

Granted you value more Mané than Pellè but who do you driop from Payet Mahrez Sanchez De Bruyne? Payet? I feel Mané & Payet could score similar in the season. It could be a case or Payet + Pellè or Mané + Sakho though...
    Or you go for a strong front 8 while Agüero is out and plan on getting rid of the AOA chip?

Great minds again. :D

On what accounts? He wasn't in the squad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Struggling to choose an Aguero replacement. Will be doing a -4 hit because of so but really who is the best person to come in?

Toying with Costa seeing as he has the quality, no doubt about it, really has a point to prove, playing against a weak Villa defence and Chelsea can't be bad forever can they ???

After a million scenarios the one that sticks with me today is that i have exactly enough to get Sterling and Costa for Aguero and Westwood. I could then play AOA this week with....

Myhill
    Kolarov, Naughton (Souare, Martin, Gomez)
    Hazard, Sanchez, Mahrez, Sterling, Mané
    Costa, Vardy, Sahko

Should I do it??

Double Chelsea attack is a bit risky for me and Sterling hasn't convinced. I'd rather Pelle and KDB

I don't really see the appeal people have in Costa, he hasn't done anything bar one match this season. He's a red waiting to happen in a team that's out of sorts.

https://twitter.com/arsenalfantv/status/653929449625268224

Double Chelsea attack is a bit risky for me and Sterling hasn't convinced. I'd rather Pelle and KDB

That would be a close second. I've a feeling about Costa and Chelsea this week though. And Costa or Hazard would be moved on shortly again. Sterling could benefit from the Aguero absence. Have seen some atrocious stats for Bony for the minutes he has played for City so far and won't be touching him.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

Will pelle be playing tonightt for italy before i teansfer him in? Would be nice to see if he doesnt get injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Eldoco wrote: »
    Will pelle be playing tonightt for italy before i teansfer him in? Would be nice to see if he doesnt get injured.

General feeling is that he'll be rested as its a nothing game for them. Wait till afterwards though to make sure.

Advertisement