Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 9 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm tempted to bring in Walcott...please someone talk me out of it!

Do you have Sanchez?

If yes, don't double up on Arsenal midfielders when there's so many other good options.

If no, get Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Do you have Sanchez?

If yes, don't double up on Arsenal midfielders when there's so many other good options.

If no, get Sanchez.

I have Sanchez already. Need to get rid of Aguero so was thinking Aguero to Pelle and Surman to Walcott. Mane is another option but not sure doubling up on Southampton is a good idea or not.

Any other options out there? Looking like a -8 for me this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

I had 2 free transfers and stupidly I made them on the Sunday to beat inevitable price rises.

Brought in:

Sanchez for Ayew
    Ighalo for Martial

Of course now I have 4 injury concerns. 3 defenders doubtful (Kolarov, Evans, Nyom) and Aguero.

I'd like to have a full complement of players for the GW, but I also don't want Aguero sitting on my bench depreciating.

What to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

podge018 wrote: »
    I had 2 free transfers and stupidly I made them on the Sunday to beat inevitable price rises.

Brought in:

Sanchez for Ayew
    Ighalo for Martial

Of course now I have 4 injury concerns. 3 defenders doubtful (Kolarov, Evans, Nyom) and Aguero.

I'd like to have a full complement of players for the GW, but I also don't want Aguero sitting on my bench depreciating.

What to do?

Aguero is the one that I'd be most concerned with. I'd be looking at bringing one of the usual suspects in for him.

Good chance of Kolarov playing, I think there's also a decent chance of Evans playing (although he's a bit of a sick note and should possibly be on your medium term to do list). I have no idea about Nyom.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm tempted to bring in Walcott...please someone talk me out of it!

Great option OOP playing up front for one of the most attacking teams in the league. Well worth the risk especially as part of a strong front 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

Great option OOP playing up front for one of the most attacking teams in the league. Well worth the risk especially as part of a strong front 8.

Possible rotation risk this week though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Going to be taking at least a 4 point hit this week with Aguero going out. Have Lukaku and Gomis and thinking of Pelle or Sturridge.
    Prob get rid of Barkley for KDB or Sanchez, have Payet, Mahrez, Mata and Hoolahan already.

So suppose I'm asking if people recommend Pelle, Sturridge or AN other and Sanchez (or Walcott!) or KDB for Aguero and Barkley?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Leicester City ‏@LCFC 2h2 hours ago
    CR: “Today we had a training session. @Mahrez22 and @Jeffrey_Schlupp didn't train because they arrived this morning and they must recover."

LostArt wrote: »
    Possible rotation risk this week though?

Possibly a bit of a risk for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Kun to Lukaku DONE

Get well soon KUN and hurry up and get FIT :):D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

Possibly a bit of a risk for this week.

looking at their fixtures, if he's to be rested it'll probably be this week. I really want to get him in but I might hold off for another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Was seriously contemplating Aguero to Costa but having second thoughts now. Already used my FT to do Gomis to Pelle so think the most prudent option now would be to use this weekend to assess who the best replacement will be. Would especially like to see how Pool line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Costa in for Aguero.

Any word on Silva's injury?

May take a -4 and do Darmian to Bellerin. Don't fancy United to keep a clean sheet so if Bellerin keeps one it'll work out as an FT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

If I manage to field 10 players this weekend I'll be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Aguero to Pelle done
    Not going to bother with mahrez to hazard as I'd then have to bench ighalo and I want to play him
    May take the opportunity to sort out defence though
    Darmian kolorov nyom Francis and targett does not scream points this weekend :D
    I'm going to chance starting targett and hope that koeman rotates after the internationals!
    Worst case scenario he gets a one point cameo which will prob be more than 3 of the other 4 get anyway !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Took the -4 hit for the week to field 11 players I'm happy with:

Gomez -> Dawson
    Aguero -> Pelle

The big useless Italian bastard is back in my team. I've forgiven him for last year, he better repay me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

I made a very rash decision and transferred Aguero to Sturridge :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

I made a very rash decision and transferred Aguero to Sturridge :o:o:o
    My thinking is moving this way too. Surprised it hasn't been mooted more.

The way guys are dropping it'll be an 11:44 transfer. Liking the fact that Sturridge has had his feet up for the last 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

GetWithIt wrote: »
    My thinking is moving this way too. Surprised it hasn't been mooted more.

The way guys are dropping it'll be an 11:44 transfer. Liking the fact that Sturridge has had his feet up for the last 2 weeks.

Well he´s more of a gamble than Pelle who´s in great form. But with Ings out I decided to go for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Hi folks,
    Are many people having difficulty with their defences?
    I am a tad stuck, I have:
    Bellerin,
    Kolorov,
    Zouma,
    Evans,
    Taggart.

I was thinking of doing a -4 and doing kolorov to kompany and hoping that one of the others get points. Anyone any ideas on one or two trades to strengthen that defence?
    I had been planning to go to Colman and Joel ward in a couple of weeks. Should I stick to that plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Lukaku, Sturridge or Pelle for Aguero...

Pelle seems the safe option with Sturridge as abit of a gamble with Lukaku somewhere in between

Pelle & Mane seem to be doing very well at the moment, wouldnt mind getting in on that action but I think Sturridge would outscore Pelle if he kept fit.

im starting to lean towards sturridge. I was fearful of him playing wide if ings or benteke were fit but that isnt a worry now. My thinking is that bar aguero there isnt a striker in the league Id expect to score more goals. Of course the major issue is him staying fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

im starting to lean towards sturridge. I was fearful of him playing wide if ings or benteke were fit but that isnt a worry now. My thinking is that bar aguero there isnt a striker in the league Id expect to score more goals. Of course the major issue is him staying fit.

I hoping to get him in over the next few weeks but happy that Pelle can match him for the next 3 games.

FHFC wrote: »
    I hoping to get him in over the next few weeks but happy that Pelle can match him for the next 3 games.

Ye that probably makes more sense. This aguero to somebody transfer is the most headwrecking and probably most important transfer of the season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ye that probably makes more sense. This aguero to somebody transfer is the most headwrecking and probably most important transfer of the season so far.

Think I'm bottling the decision and going Aguero and Ighalo to 2 of the contenders

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Pelle: LEI, liv, BOU, sun, STO
    Studge: tot, SOT, che, CPL, mci

Studge would need to be showing some serious form. I might shape towards the Palace game for him unless he's on fire in the meantime.

I'm headwrecking on this all week but happy to have made my moves, and pretty sure the next 2 or 3 transfers I want to make too.

Did someone mention Mitrovic earlier? Interesting... Newcastle have great fixtures, it's just a shame they're sh1t.

CSF wrote: »
    Think I'm bottling the decision and going Aguero and Ighalo to 2 of the contenders

which 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

which 2

Pelle is already done. Could go Sturridge but with Bournemouth and Norwich at home in the near future I think it'll be Bony.

Advertisement