Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 9 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Aguero's injury is not the news I wanted this morning. But I will hold him. Dont want to take a -4.....yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

Aguero to pelle and fletcher to payet and and use my all out attack chip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Do we get second chips for the second half of season like wildcards or is it only 1 a season?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I think I need to go -4 this week. My issue is captaincy. Aguero to Pelle is the obvious move to me, if I was to only make 1 transfer. That would leave me with a front 7 of:

Hazard Ozil Mahrez Payet
    Pelle Martial Sahko

Not really any outstanding captaincy options there. And am missing the 2 players that will be most captained: Sanchez and KDB.

So I'm thinking that as well as the Aguero to Pelle move, I might do Mahrez to KDB (and captain him). The week after I might bring in Vardy for Sahko to give some balance.

One issue that's probably worth thinking about is how the city attack will function without 2 of their main outlets? If Pellegrini tries something like Sterling up front, it might not function so smoothly.

I could bring in Costa for Aguero, but he could do anything, and that would leave me with 3 Chelsea players, when last week I was thinking of moving to 0 as soon as possible.

Is Martial captaincy material away to Everton? I would have thought that was a risky one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

One issue that's probably worth thinking about is how the city attack will function without 2 of their main outlets? If Pellegrini tries something like Sterling up front, it might not function so smoothly

I mentioned this yesterday somewhere and it's an important consideration imo.

I'd imagine the Silva injury lessens the liklihood if Sterling up front. Sterling, KDB, Navas would seem to be likely as the 3 AMs unless he changes formation.

Bony surely has to start up front. I know it's City but surely if you spend £25m on a backup striker you're gonna give him a run when your main striker is out! Sterling might be pushed up along with him at times as he was with Aguero earlier in the season.

But it's a lot of upheaval in a front 4 that was clicking pretty well. Will they be as effective in the short term?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have exactly enough for: Aguero and Mahrez out; Pelle and Hazard in.

Not keen on taking Mahrez out, though, especially when Chelsea haven't showed any signs of coming out of their funk. An alternative is to bring in Pelle but do Wanyama to a big hitter (9.3 budget) and have a strong front 8. Regret playing AOA earlier now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FHFC wrote: »
    I mentioned this yesterday somewhere and it's an important consideration imo.

I'd imagine the Silva injury lessens the liklihood if Sterling up front. Sterling, KDB, Navas would seem to be likely as the 3 AMs unless he changes formation.

Bony surely has to start up front. I know it's City but surely if you spend £25m on a backup striker you're gonna give him a run when your main striker is out! Sterling might be pushed up along with him at times as he was with Aguero earlier in the season.

But it's a lot of upheaval in a front 4 that was clicking pretty well. Will they be as effective in the short term?

Exactly, I agree Bony is more likely to start, or should be. Especially as Silva is out, so they'll need Sterling in the midfield. But as you mention it's more the upheaval that I'd worry about. And the fact that there's a good chance Navas will be playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Don't think silva will be out too long the Bournemouth game at most. A sprained ankle won't keep him out of the Utd game in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Anyone thinking of doing Aguero to Sturridge? I wouldn't mind not missing out on a potential increase in form for Liverpool with Klopp taking the seat. Their fixtures are pretty bad however. I'll likely just bring in Pelle.

With all that money, I could do Sako to Walcott and have a serious midfield! With a front three of Pelle, Berhaino and Vardy, I wouldn't mind benching a forward every now and then due to poor fixtures. I'll likely take a -8 hit, as Darmian has to go sober or later and I hate having such a premium defender doing nothing in my team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Do we get second chips for the second half of season like wildcards or is it only 1 a season?

Really?

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

• Advertisement

Don't think silva will be out too long the Bournemouth game at most. A sprained ankle won't keep him out of the Utd game in 2 weeks.

Yeah. It's not even a cert he'll miss Bournemouth. But Bournemouth would be the one people woulda been hoping for a few goals in and could now be a makeshift line up.

I think I'll go Bony as I've currently no City attacker. Its 2 moves min to fit kdb and buying Yaya back the same week i sold him would be too annoying! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yeah. It's not even a cert he'll miss Bournemouth. But Bournemouth would be the one people woulda been hoping for a few goals in and could now be a makeshift line up.

I think I'll go Bony as I've currently no City attacker. Its 2 moves min to fit kdb and buying Yaya back the same week i sold him would be too annoying! :)

if both Silva and aguero are out I would not be too worried about having no city attacker to be honest!
    different team without Silva
    completely different team without both !
    I have yaya and I'll keep him but would not be buying one in otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Currently have a front 8 of -

Sanchez, Mahrez, KDB, Payet (Gosling)
    Aguero, Vardy (Ighalo)

Considering taking a -12 to go Aguero and Gosling -> Pelle and Mane

Is it worth taking the hit and doubling up on Southampton for now considering their fixtures and seeing that Aguero has to go for a while?

Could get Mata instead but don't really fancy their fixtures for a while. Cabaye could also be an option...just reluctant to double up on Southampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'll happily take a -8 this week to get rid of Aguero, Silva and Gomis.

No brainer.

If there's anything I've learned, it is that you need to be decisive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

SlickRic wrote: »

You sure about that?! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I'll happily take a -8 this week to get rid of Aguero, Silva and Gomis.

No brainer.

are you sure silva is out

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

sword1 wrote: »
    are you sure silva is out

No guarantee, but it looks like at least 3 weeks according to reports.

No guarantee, but it looks like at least 3 weeks according to reports.

It said up to three weeks. I'd imagine he'll miss Bournemouth but could be rushed back for the derby.

I'd wait if you're in no hurry as there will probably be more prognosis later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Costa or Sturridge..., Costa or Sturridge.
    If Klopp hadn't joined it'd be a lot easier, those fixtures though.
    I'll definitely be waiting until all the internationals are finished anyway.

Bit of a pain in the ass but at least it'll punish those who didn't have Aguero and then brought him in after his spree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

Had it been confirmed how long Aguero is out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Jesper wrote: »
    Had it been confirmed how long Aguero is out?

The injury has been diagnosed as a grade-2 hamstring tear. Can take anywhere from 2-8 weeks to recover. Most people are speculating around 3 weeks which would mean he'd miss 2-3 games. I'd be fearful that he might be out for more given his history of hamstring injuries. You can never be sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

It said up to three weeks. I'd imagine he'll miss Bournemouth but could be rushed back for the derby.
    That would be so so so stupid from Pellegrini. Looks like he'll never learn :rolleyes:...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have Aguero and Silva had many transfers out?....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Have Aguero and Silva had many transfers out?....

Yes but neither will drop tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Just a quick question, would an injury effect a player's value?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Just a quick question, would an injury effect a player's value?

Depending on ownership and amount of games player will miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not many will have him but Krul was injured last night and left the stadium on crutches.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dawson or Soares?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

CSF wrote: »
    Dawson or Soares?

West Brom (Pulis) over Palace (Pardew) every single day of the week (defensively).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Paully D wrote: »
    West Brom (Pulis) over Palace (Pardew) every single day of the week (defensively).

No Cedric Soares sorry

Advertisement