Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 9 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

lougal88 wrote: »
    How far away is Benteke from fitness? I'm considering Kun - Benteke for a few weeks on Saturday, once GW9 is underway. Cant transfer Kun out now as I've taken a -8 already.

Thinking Benteke under Klopp may be a decent differential.
    How's he gonna fit Benteke, Sturridge and Ings (the only one who's scoring at the moment). I'll be holding off till we see that

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Shedite27 wrote: »
    How's he gonna fit Benteke, Sturridge and Ings (the only one who's scoring at the moment). I'll be holding off till we see that

Who would you bring in for Kun?
    Already have Pelle and Vardy. Depending on drops I don't want to hold too long. So need to decide ideally by Sat/Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

iroced wrote: »
    The safest option is stopping at -4 and waiting for next week to make for free your -8 move. If Chelsea fails again your extra 4 pts hit will haunt you. Sanchez away to Watford and who played with a minor groin annoyance last night may wait for another week to join your team.
    Even if Ayew is rested you'd have a decent front 7.

About your 5 options I'd favour 1. Sanchez is better to own than to worry about.

Now. Sterling is a tough one. Of course, based on form and recent returns, KDB sounds essential. But with the holy City trio (Agüero-Silva-Yaya) possibly out Sterling could play in an advanced position (that rarely suited him at 'Pool though, he lacks "clinicallity") or just benefit from their absence.

Maybe another option is Ayew to KDB (problem is we probably won't have news on Ayew's fitness before tonight) and play your 2 City mids this GW and move Sterling out for e.g. Sanchez next week (Manchester derby for Sterling, Everton at home for Sanchez). It also allows you to evaluate Chelsea options.

Great advice, thanks. I had also considered the idea that Sterling could play the advanced role (one reason I would advise caution to people bringing in Bony for Aguero) but that didn't work too well for him last year so wasn't totally sold on it. Will definitely consider holding off & evaluating next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Done a -4 pre Internationals. Now have a dilemma.. do I stick, -8 or -12 now that Aguero Kolarov & Gomez are injured.

Myhill

Vertonghen Prodl Martin... Kol & Gomez

KDB Payet Mane Sanchez (Westwood)

Pelle Ighalo Aguero

Not confident on defence & not confident on Westwood filling in for Agueyo. Any advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Done a -4 pre Internationals. Now have a dilemma.. do I stick, -8 or -12 now that Aguero Kolarov & Gomez are injured.

Myhill

Pelle Ighalo Aguero

Not confident on defence & not confident on Westwood filling in for Agueyo. Any advice??

Gomez wasn't playing anyway so you musta been planning without him anyway. No confirmation on Kolarov yet so I'd hold for Pellegrinis press conference before panicking about your defence. Even if Kolarov is out probably not worth a hit.

I think another -4 is definitely worth doing to replace Aguero. Costa maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Is everyone keeping Aguero??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Myhill

Pelle Ighalo Aguero

I'd go Vardy for Aguero and bench Westwood

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Dempsey wrote: »
    Is everyone keeping Aguero??

Do you think it's wise to leave £13 million on your bench for approx. 4-8 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

F1ngers wrote: »
    Do you think it's wise to leave £13 million on your bench for approx. 4-8 weeks?

It could be 12.9 or 12.8 if he's not playing in 8 weeks time!

This entire sentence applies to me :eek:

Drunkenly did Hazard/Martial to Sanchez/Pelle pre-internationals.

Now left with 2 playing defenders (Kolarov, Gomez and Taylor out) and Aguero up top.

Thinking of replacing Aguero and going all out attack this week with 2 defenders (playing Darren Fletcher).
    Then next week start changing defenders and saying rosaries for no more injuries

• Advertisement

Lads. We have no confirmation of any kind that Kolarov will not play. A post from a physio on ffs suggested it looked fairly minor. He's yet to be assessed by City and Pellegrini will probably confirm on Friday whether or not he is available.

A lot of people talking as if he is confirmed out. My gut is he will play as Clichy won't be match fit and will be rested shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Right, just did Aguero to Vardy as I was worried he might rise tonight.

Did Sagna -> Soare (CP)
    Martial -> Pelle
    before the internationals, so a -8 :o:o

FHFC wrote: »
    Gomez wasn't playing anyway so you musta been planning without him anyway. No confirmation on Kolarov yet so I'd hold for Pellegrinis press conference before panicking about your defence. Even if Kolarov is out probably not worth a hit.

I think another -4 is definitely worth doing to replace Aguero. Costa maybe

Wasn't planning on it but don't want to lose value on him. Can see dropping from 4.6 to 4.4 min
    I'd go Vardy for Aguero and bench Westwood

For some strange reason transferring 13mil to a 6 mil striker is crazy.

I'm thinking Kane, Sturridge, Giroud or Costa.

Don't like the 12:45 kick off on Daturday for goals so staying away from Kane & Sturridge.
    Shedite27 wrote: »
    This entire sentence applies to me :eek:

Drunkenly did Hazard/Martial to Sanchez/Pelle pre-internationals.

Now left with 2 playing defenders (Kolarov, Gomez and Taylor out) and Aguero up top.

Thinking of replacing Aguero and going all out attack this week with 2 defenders (playing Darren Fletcher).
    Then next week start changing defenders and saying rosaries for no more injuries

I don't the exact same last international break and same happened.

I'm keeping all my chips til after Xmas, when the season settles down & I'm more confident statistically

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Aguero to Kane done. Have Mane & Hazard so need something different than Costa/Pelle. Hopefully get something going.

Wasn't planning on it but don't want to lose value on him. Can see dropping from 4.6 to 4.4 min

Yeah. I had to take a drop in rv from him this week due to all the other crises. The flag will slow him down now though. Only 15% to a drop on fffix and may even survive till next gw before dropping again as we're not the only ones with other fish to fry.

If you got him at 4.5 another drop won't affect your rv. Which is why i wouldn't bother with a hit this week, Aguero is a higher priority. May drop tonight and the quite likely again on Fri.

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah. I had to take a drop in rv from him this week due to all the other crises. The flag will slow him down now though. Only 15% to a drop on fffix and may even survive till next gw before dropping again as we're not the only ones with other fish to fry.

If you got him at 4.5 another drop won't affect your rv. Which is why i wouldn't bother with a hit this week, Aguero is a higher priority. May drop tonight and the quite likely again on Fri.

My rv on Aguero is 13.1 so can hold off even if he does drop tonight.

Really throwing a dart at a few names to pick his replacement now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ive started to consider mitrovic as my aguero replacement. Ive gone off the idea of Costa. That would give me a front 3 of vardy, murray and Mitrovic:eek:

Ive started to consider mitrovic as my aguero replacement. Ive gone off the idea of Costa. That would give me a front 3 of vardy, murray and Mitrovic:eek:

My front 3 is Vardy, Ighalo, Ayoze :cool:

Right, transfers made and all done at -8.

Thanks to iroced, CSF and others for the psychiatric help in this thread as I found this international break pretty head wrecking, mostly as my risk of one early transfer went badly wrong in a couple of ways.

Looks like benching Mahrez this week, after deciding it was a huge risk to sell him. Doubling up on Leicester attackers away to Saints is not attractive.

Myhill
    Kolarov, Naughton, souare
    Hazard, Sanchez, KdB (c), Mané
    Vardy, Pelle, Sahko
    (McCarthy, Mahrez, Martin, Gomez)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

My front 3 is Vardy, Ighalo, Ayoze :cool:

Interesting. I don't want pelle as I want to move for mane. Lukaku is tempting me but I'm not mad on the short term fixtures. Costa I was going to go for but went off that idea. Sturridge has poor fixtures and not sure if klopp will start him centrally. There is such a lack of striking options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Already on -8 after getting in Mane, Pelle and Dawson. Considering moving to -16 by doing Aguero->Costa and Mahrez->Walcott :eek:

Interesting. I don't want pelle as I want to move for mane. Lukaku is tempting me but I'm not mad on the short term fixtures. Costa I was going to go for but went off that idea. Sturridge has poor fixtures and not sure if klopp will start him centrally. There is such a lack of striking options.

Ayoze is only there because I had 5.6m for a Wilson replacement last GW. He'll get one or two run outs and be upgraded unless I stack my midfield. Ighalo I'm happy with in the short to medium future.
    Pelle is a great choice this GW and I'll be bricking it. I did a heavy comparison and think Vardy is better and if I can make it past this GW then Pelle has Liverpool A next. I have Barkley so not doubling on Everton right now. Costa I have almost zero interest in and Sturridge I would need to see how he fits into Klopp's system with those fixtures

I've gone for the Mane/Pelle double for probably the next 3 or 4 weeks as I think they've both got the potential to pull in big hauls in some of those fixtures but having both means if one blanks chances are you'll pick up points from the other.

I read somewhere that Southampton have the second highest number of crosses (207) and the highest successful cross rate (27.5%) while Leicester have conceded most headed attempts (23). Pelle could do very well this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

This is a tough decision this week.
    My choices are Aguero to costa and Pedro to Mané or Aguero to Pelle and Pedro to KDB/Hazard, both for -4.
    I really wanted Mane (for Pedro) in my team but the Aguero injury has forced me into rethinking.

I'm also contemplating just switching Aguero to Costa or Pelle and not taking a hit.

Pedro is currently my only chelsea Player, I have Aguero and Kolarov from city and I have no Southampton players....Is there any point in keeping Pedro and avoiding a hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Who joins Aguero at the top of my surgery list?! I also need to replace Westwood.

9M1RKkT.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Who joins Aguero at the top of my surgery list?! I also need to replace Westwood.

y9NK6tP.gif

Right, complete punt. Aguero replaced by Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭CSF

9M1RKkT.png?1

Haha whose team is this really? Henderson has been gone since GW3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

CSF wrote: »
    Haha whose team is this really? Henderson has been gone since GW3

Courtois since GW4 too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I'm tempted to bring in Walcott...please someone talk me out of it!

Advertisement