Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 9 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

CSF wrote: »
    No Cedric Soares sorry

:o

My mistake, apologies.

I usually base these decisions on the next 4-6 weeks.

WBA fixtures - SUN, nor, LEI, mnu, ARS, whu
    SOU fixtures - LEI, liv, BOU, sun, STO, mci

But then if you add in two extra fixtures, WBA have TOT & liv, while SOU have AVL & cpl.

West Brom have only kept 1 more clean sheet than Southampton this season too. Ideally you'd have Myhill in goal I suppose, but out of those 2 options it's Soares for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I think Bertrand is worth the .3m over Cedric if you can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

irish son wrote: »
    I think Bertrand is worth the .3m over Cedric if you can afford it.

He is but I can't unless I go Pelle instead of Bony.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I've done it. Aguero > Pelle. Hope it pays off.
    KDB/Sanchez/Ayew/Mahrez
    Pelle/Vardy/Martial.
    Looks good so far. Will bring in Payet for Ayew soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Sanchez and Lukaku in for ayew and aguero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

After being convinced about Pelle as my Kun replacement the last few days, I'm now leaning towards Vardy. Pelle is overperforming in terms of accuracy the last few GWs and has a couple "lucky" assists (rebounds). Meanwhile, Vardy is tracking shot accuracy with last season and is on pens with Mahrez off pitch. It would be a risk this GW with Pelle a good captaincy shout

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

Any sign of Aguero dropping yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

After being convinced about Pelle as my Kun replacement the last few days, I'm now leaning towards Vardy. Pelle is overperforming in terms of accuracy the last few GWs and has a couple "lucky" assists (rebounds). Meanwhile, Vardy is tracking shot accuracy with last season and is on pens with Mahrez off pitch. It would be a risk this GW with Pelle a good captaincy shout

I've been back and forth on Pelle, too. I was hoping to make this decision on Thursday or Friday, but he's 87.5% towards a rise so I'm not sure how leisurely I can be over the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Having already done my ft pre Aguero it comes down to whether to go -4 or -8.

Team now is:
    Myhill, McCarthy
    Kolarov, Naughton, Souare, Martin, Gomez (1 dropped and 2 yellow flagged)
    Hazard, Sanchez, Mahrez, Mané, Westwood
    Vardy, Aguero, Sahko

Option 1: Aguero to Bony -4. 7m in bank to consider next move.
    Option 2: Aguero to Lukaku/Pelle/Martial/Kane and Westwood to KDB. Strong front 8 :eek: till Aguero back. KDB is the form player vs Bony the unknown quantity. Downside is none of the 4 forward options excite me just yet as being worth -4 (Kane could be a great differential and potentially explosive but form over fixtures), while getting both Bony and KDB seems overkill despite the fixtures city have.

If Kolarov confirmed out and any signs Naughton may miss out again my hands will be relatively tied to Option 1 plus get a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Any sign of Aguero dropping yet?

He's working on it.

Only 45% to a drop though on fplstatistics so probably a couple of days left in it yet. We should be able to get through the rest of the internationals before having to make a decision

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭Mr Robot

so are Aguero and Silva definitely out?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mr Robot wrote: »
    so are Aguero and Silva definitely out?

Aguero yes.

Silva probably, but awaiting confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Aguero to Costa done

He will either score a hat-trick or get sent off !!!

Or maybe both !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    Having already done my ft pre Aguero it comes down to whether to go -4 or -8.

Team now is:
    Myhill, McCarthy
    Kolarov, Naughton, Souare, Martin, Gomez (1 dropped and 2 yellow flagged)
    Hazard, Sanchez, Mahrez, Mané, Westwood
    Vardy, Aguero, Sahko

Option 1: Aguero to Bony -4. 7m in bank to consider next move.
    Option 2: Aguero to Lukaku/Pelle/Martial/Kane and Westwood to KDB. Strong front 8 :eek: till Aguero back. KDB is the form player vs Bony the unknown quantity. Downside is none of the 4 forward options excite me just yet as being worth -4 (Kane could be a great differential and potentially explosive but form over fixtures), while getting both Bony and KDB seems overkill despite the fixtures city have.

If Kolarov confirmed out and any signs Naughton may miss out again my hands will be relatively tied to Option 1 plus get a defender.
    As Paully post brilliantly shows, a Saints and/or additional WB def could solve your defense mid-term if the flags are to be confirmed.

Now about your options. You have Mané. So I'd rule out Pellé. I know doubling up can produce great returns but since there are other options doing similarly than Pellè, I see no urge in doubling up. Martial has the potential and all but since you missed out on all his rises, it may be wiser to wait for GW11 now to get him in. I'm not yet sure Kane is worth it. Lukaku has terrible fixtures (well for him too GW11 is a nice truning point). In the end doubling up on Pellè may not be that bad an idea :pac:...

Considering City's fixtures, the safest thing would probably be just the -4 for Bony. Especially if you have to sort your defense out in the meantime.

That said, it also depends upon how essential you think KDB is. I guess it's now or never for him isn't it? I mean if you get him in, you can't get Agüero back easily. So it seems pointless to time this move over several GWs since Agüero could almost be back for when you eventually get the Belgium lad onboard.

iroced wrote: »
    As Paully post brilliantly shows, a Saints and/or additional WB def could solve your defense mid-term if the flags are to be confirmed.

Now about your options. You have Mané. So I'd rule out Pellé. I know doubling up can produce great returns but since there are other options doing similarly than Pellè, I see no urge in doubling up. Martial has the potential and all but since you missed out on all his rises, it may be wiser to wait for GW11 now to get him in. I'm not yet sure Kane is worth it. Lukaku has terrible fixtures (well for him too GW11 is a nice truning point). In the end doubling up on Pellè may not be that bad an idea :pac:...

Considering City's fixtures, the safest thing would probably be just the -4 for Bony. Especially if you have to sort your defense out in the meantime.

That said, it also depends upon how essential you think KDB is. I guess it's now or never for him isn't it? I mean if you get him in, you can't get Agüero back easily. So it seems pointless to time this move over several GWs since Agüero could almost be back for when you eventually get the Belgium lad onboard.

My next defensive purchase will almost certainly be Bertrand. If I hadn't such a mess everywehre else I'd be doing it this week for sure.

Exact same thought process as I've been having on the forward options, it leads back to Pelle as being the best short term but not going to double up. I'd only need to get rid of one of them sooner rather than later.

As for KDB, its the age old call, is his current scoring rate sustainable? If I got him in it would be a case of getting rid of him, Sanchez or Hazard to get Aguero back, so I suppose at least I'd have all three and could decide which one to drop.

There are pitfalls therefore with Option2, but Option 1 puts all the eggs in the Bony basket.

If I didn't have Hazard I'd go for Costa, and the possible Option 3 of getting Costa for Aguero, doubling up with Hazard, and having NO City attacker could either be genius or suicide!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

My wife says I'm obsessed with Fantasy Football injuries but in my defence I have Kolorov, Naughton, Targett and Gomez what a mess already used my transfer to bring in Sanchez and also have to sub out Aguero, so looking at -12 at least. Thinking Dawson, Zab and Sturridge, for Kolorov, Gomez and Aguero but waiting till after the next 2 days, in case any one else gets injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

How long is Kun out for... TEmptied by Pelle or Lukaku as cover until he returns

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm beginning to play around with a possible WC team if I hit the trigger later in the week.

Surely Allardyce brings JOS into the team as a mainstay and leader as they tighten up?

My next defensive purchase will almost certainly be Bertrand. If I hadn't such a mess everywehre else I'd be doing it this week for sure.

Exact same thought process as I've been having on the forward options, it leads back to Pelle as being the best short term but not going to double up. I'd only need to get rid of one of them sooner rather than later.

As for KDB, its the age old call, is his current scoring rate sustainable? If I got him in it would be a case of getting rid of him, Sanchez or Hazard to get Aguero back, so I suppose at least I'd have all three and could decide which one to drop.

There are pitfalls therefore with Option2, but Option 1 puts all the eggs in the Bony basket.

If I didn't have Hazard I'd go for Costa, and the possible Option 3 of getting Costa for Aguero, doubling up with Hazard, and having NO City attacker could either be genius or suicide!!
    Ah yeah was going to suggest Costa since our thought process leads back to Pellè but it'd sound crazy to double up on Chelsea considering their form.

About option 2, are you really that far from being able to afford the fantastic 4 ? I thought you were very close to afford KDB recently.
    Naughton is £5.0m isn't he? Maybe you can save £0.5m or more (can Sunderland tighten up at the back with their new coach?) there. Would that be enough? Then Mahrez or Mané (or Hazard if Chelsea don't improve enough) will have to go but you should have time to decide considering Agüero expected sidelined month.

Infact this is the rough makings of a team I landed upon tonight:

mJm4Kdy.jpg?1

Howard in goal makes sense. He's well priced and Everton have a great run of fixtures and have tended to be more solid at the back in this calendar year. Elliot could be a very useful reserve until January if Newcastle don't get an emergency loan for Krul.

I quite like the defence or well a Pulisball/Swansea/Southampton axis with 2 cheap options to cover. Perhaps I'm spending more than I should without a "premium" defender and I could be swayed to De Gea and Jagielka likewise for United's fixtures. I think it may be time to abandon the good ship Kolorov before it sours. It's dependent on his injury and Kompany's.

Midfield is tasty. I'd like to keep Ayew and while I'm tempted to cut Mahrez loose it might be early for that. I probably need a Norwich option somewhere across the back 12 or it wouldn't feel right.

Lukaku I'm sure of even if it ends in tears. Studge I was looking at before Klopp. I'm open to alternatives though and it's either Mata or Martial.

Just some quick musings as I think about FPL for the first time in 8 days. With so much upheaval I almost feel like riding out this coming GW though so I'll see come Thursday or Friday about actually pulling the trigger.

• Advertisement

I know I'm over thinking at this stage but it occurs to me that Aguero being out gives an opportunity to get a strong front 8 and use the AOA chip one of these weeks....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Infact this is the rough makings of a team I landed upon tonight:

Would it not make more sense to keep the wildcard to get Kun back in around GW12/13?
    You can get just about any two players you want in the game now when you spend his €13.1M and take a -4, whereas getting him back could be complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just brought Pelle in for Aguero. While I'd love to have waited a few more days, I was ~90% certain of the move and it looks like he could rise tonight. For now I'm resisting the temptation to strengthen elsewhere with this new-found wealth, but my reserve might weaken before the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Don't think you could pick three strikers with worse immediate fixtures Mr. P :pac:

Would it not make more sense to keep the wildcard to get Kun back in around GW12/13?
    You can get just about any two players you want in the game now when you spend his €13.1M and take a -4, whereas getting him back could be complicated.

Well I'd look at it as being able to get him in for -4 at any given moment. Sell Studge and a midfielder or premium-ish defender in 2 transfers and hand him the captaincy.

My defence is in bits and everything else could do with being freshened up. Don't worry I will always have a means of getting Aguero.

As I said I haven't decided what I'm doing but saving a WC to get Aguero won't be necessary, I'll find a way and have a contingency plan to get him.

Don't think you could pick three strikers with worse immediate fixtures Mr. P :pac:

I know that's partly why I might wait another week :pac:

But they're probably the ones I'd want medium term and that's what I'd view a WC's purpose at this stage. Pelle could find his was in there very easily.

Lukaku could hit 3 against United and Studge against Spurs isn't something I'd overly worry about. But I'll need more information before anything becomes cemented.

Mr P, looks like you've been heavily celebrating the rugby yesterday :pac:...

Nah more seriously, I'm not sure Howard is worth the extra cash from Myhill. I know you already have McAuley but Pulis can be doubled can't he :p? That said I have to be sincere and confess Everton is a team I tend to undervalue FPL-wise...

Nothing wrong with your midfield.

And a typical Prodstonesque attack :pac:... To me there are too many or too early gambles there. Maybe it's best to wait for Klopp's first impact to get on the Sturridge board? And both Lukaku & Martial have 2 tough fixtures coming. This team looks more set for a GW11 WC if you ask me ;).
    Don't you fancy Vardy? Cheaper and allows more flexibility?

iroced wrote: »
    Mr P, looks like you've been heavily celebrating the rugby yesterday :pac:...

Nah more seriously, I'm not sure Howard is worth the extra cash from Myhill. I know you already have McAuley but Pulis can be doubled can't he :p? That said I have to be sincere and confess Everton is a team I tend to undervalue FPL-wise...

Nothing wrong with your midfield.

And a typical Prodstonesque attack :pac:... To me there are too many or too early gambles there. Maybe it's best to wait for Klopp's first impact to get on the Sturridge board? And both Lukaku & Martial have 2 tough fixtures coming. This team looks more set for a GW11 WC if you ask me ;).
    Don't you fancy Vardy? Cheaper and allows more flexibility?

Vardys form and underlying stats make him essential atm imo.

Anyone any thoughts on Ayoze for Newcastles good run and a strong front 8?? Or have i just thunk myself to a level beyond Level Prodston???

Vardys form and underlying stats make him essential atm imo.

Anyone any thoughts on Ayoze for Newcastles good run and a strong front 8?? Or have i just thunk myself to a level beyond Level Prodston???

I seem to have somehow placed Vardy in the Yaya pile. I just don't know why or how it's happened. I'd certainly ditch Mahrez if I did go that way though and could justify it by doing that.

Don't you go associating me with any inclinations over getting a Newcastle player that may not be a starting bench fodder 4.0 keeper :pac:

You couldn't even remotely trust anything they do at the moment. Fixtures are useless without any semblance of constructive form. Such sensibility does pain me though :o

• Advertisement

Great (or insane? :p) minds think alike :pac:.

When I checked the fixtures earlier on, I saw Newcastle nice run of games and thought about suggesting Ayoze to you... But like you said, assumed it'll be beyond full Prodston level :pac:...

Advertisement