Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 transfers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Am I mad to be thinking of Lukaku??? He is such a streaky player and seems to be on form... though I have been burned by him too many times to count at this point

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Am I mad to be thinking of Lukaku??? He is such a streaky player and seems to be on form... though I have been burned by him too many times to count at this point

Hello, he scored a hat-trick against young boys.
    Jumpers for goal posts and all that.

One goal and one assist in the EPL in the last ten games.

Since when does one game = form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

F1ngers wrote: »
    Hello, he scored a hat-trick against young boys.
    Jumpers for goal posts and all that.

One goal and one assist in the EPL in the last ten games.

Since when does one game = form?

Thanks for the sanity check F1ngers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

yeah i have a feeling he will do for a few weeks. .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

iroced wrote: »
    Ah right :o...

True that Everton's fixtures are "reasonable" as you said ;). Just checked up to GW38 and actually thought it was tougher. Arsenal away & Spurs home on GW38 being the only real tough games (though from GW34-35 onwards teams fighting against relegation could become more dangerous in reality than on paper), I mean they have a reasonavble chance of a CS in all the other ones.

My only concern would be is their recent CS patch just an episode as many teams showed up to now? Or a real improvement at the back? Though you could argue that could be said for most teams.
    So long-term your defence'd be Terry & Jag + one of you cheap 3-way rotation? Considering you have Saints GK it could actually work out nicely as a "little bit mad" alternative ;).

Well it's pretty save as far as 'little bit mad' goes (:cool:) but the -8 is scary. Still I need to do something and if I don't make these subs I'd only be doing a -4 next week as well as a -4 this week anyway so it'd be a -8 either way. I'm just gonna do it and it'll either kill my season or give it a boost. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Any update on Defoe?
    Are his owners keeping him? Home to West Brom

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭laurenhiggins

Cahill out ibra in
    Van persie out Costa in

Who to do as captain Kane or Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Cahill out ibra in
    Van persie out Costa in

Who to do as captain Kane or Costa
    Costa definitely if you have him.

Who is ibra?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Dummett had to go before Wisdom due to the stupid injury. However, with Wisdom and Wasi unlikely to start (I'm clinging to some small hope there) and Bellerin doubtful i'm wondering if I should take a hit to ensure i've 3 defenders playing. I could afford moving either one to Zouma but am afraid of his rotation risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Don't know what to do this GW. Current 11 is:

Foster

Jones Terry PVA

Hazard Sanchez Di Maria Sterling

Aguero Kane Defoe

Subs: Hutton (if Jones doesn't play) Boyd Santon (don't ask)

2.5m ITB. Any thoughts? Possibly Defoe to Giroud or Di Maria to Yaya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Don't know what to do this GW. Current 11 is:

Foster

Jones Terry PVA

Hazard Sanchez Di Maria Sterling

Aguero Kane Defoe

Subs: Hutton (if Jones doesn't play) Boyd Santon (don't ask)

2.5m ITB. Any thoughts? Possibly Defoe to Giroud or Di Maria to Yaya?

I have 12 of the players you have :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I bought Forster thinking it was Foster on autopilot

~SillyBillyMe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Need rid of wisdom, have 1.2m

Jones, Bellerin, PVA, Clichy and Wisdom,

With none guaranteed to play i've to take a minus 4.

Wanted Wollscheid but think Villa and Hull will both score now.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Keep an eye out for Koeman's press conference to see if Alderweireld is fit. He's a bargain for his price given he's a starter for the best defence in the league. Thinking of doing Wasilewski to him if he's passed as fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Keep an eye out for Koeman's press conference to see if Alderweireld is fit. He's a bargain for his price given he's a starter for the best defence in the league. Thinking of doing Wasilewski to him if he's passed as fit.

Why not wait until after this GW anyway? Saints play Liverpool so getting a clean sheet will be tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Lemlin wrote: »
    Why not wait until after this GW anyway? Saints play Liverpool so getting a clean sheet will be tough.

I'm either going to bank this week or next anyway. Bellerin being doubtful has forced my hand, so wouldn't mind having Alder on the bench as a back up as opposed to Was who probably won't play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Deco99 wrote:
    Jones, Bellerin, PVA, Clichy and Wisdom,

Deco99 wrote:
    With none guaranteed to play i've to take a minus 4.

Why wouldn't PVA play?

spock. wrote: »
    Why wouldn't PVA play?

Cause Sunderland have been muck, team playing that bad no one is safe from chop, either through formation change or direct replacement, he is prob my safest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Deco99 wrote: »
    Cause Sunderland have been muck, team playing that bad no one is safe from chop, either through formation change or direct replacement, he is prob my safest though.

He will play for sure.

Aside from alderwood, what other defensive options for 5.5m ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Alderwood :)

I propose we abbreviate Alderweireld to Toby.

Though some of the spellings are hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Lads, I'm taking a punt on N'Doye. Wish me luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Lads, I'm taking a punt on N'Doye. Wish me luck.

Looks like a good differential, which I considered myself but didn't have the cojones to do! I can see Hull's form turning around with the appointment of Phelan. I need to dump Austin so was looking at N'Doye and Ideye as cheap options

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

McAuley, 5 clean sheets in 11 appearances. Has played 90 mins in the last 11 games, didnt play a minute before that, seems to be a definite starter for wb these days. I think i will be bringing him or Lescott in next gw for wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

How are people with the Austin and Kane combo going to treat the blank GW next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Janmaat seems to pick up points fairly regularly ...although they've a tough enough run coming up. or What about one of the stoke boys...they seem to have an ok run in.
    And as the other poster said above ...Cant got wrong with a bit of west brom coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Alderwood :)

I propose we abbreviate Alderweireld to Toby.

Though some of the spellings are hilarious.
    From now on, my defense shall be refered to as "Toby and Philipp"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

McAuley, 5 clean sheets in 11 appearances. Has played 90 mins in the last 11 games, didnt play a minute before that, seems to be a definite starter for wb these days. I think i will be bringing him or Lescott in next gw for wisdom.

You should get Lescott, he has great attacking stats since Pulis arrived.

Most transferred in defender is Jagielka, at 5.5m i can get him, but thinking Lescott will be better longterm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Most transferred in defender is Jagielka, at 5.5m i can get him, but thinking Lescott will be better longterm?

Yea I'd pick Lescott ahead of Jagielka and save yourself 0.5. I can see Everton's form suffering cos of Europe.

Advertisement