Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 transfers

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 sizing europe

Serious head wrecking going on all week.. Dunno who to start out of these 5 defensive options..terry clyne Hutton Bruce PVA ... Terry nailed on to keep a cs it looks so will deffo start, as to the other 4 guys haven't a clue who to play, Cline starts every week but this week he looks vunserable to concede a couple perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Alderwood :)

I propose we abbreviate Alderweireld to Toby.

Though some of the spellings are hilarious.

I just call him Alder.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Like many I'm planning on shipping out Wisdom this week, Hull have a decent run of fixtures coming up and McShane is only 3.9 and played the last two games, anyone know if he was filling in for someone or will he continue to start for the next few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I have 12 of the players you have :P:P

What's your plans for this GW then?

Like many I'm planning on shipping out Wisdom this week, Hull have a decent run of fixtures coming up and McShane is only 3.9 and played the last two games, anyone know if he was filling in for someone or will he continue to start for the next few weeks?

There was talk of Bruce being a better path in somewhere on here. 3.9 as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭shano_88

My team isnt the greatest condition with doubts over Defoe and Bellerin and Geoff Cameroon suspended. I think im just going to go Cameroon to Woolshield. Im not sure though, I think ill play my wildcard the week of the double gameweek so basically I have 6.6m to spend on a defender for the next 2 gameweeks. Any thoughts?

Full team:
    De Gea Hamer
    Terry Bellerin Clyne Cameron Wisdom
    Di Maria Sanchez Mane Hazard Boyd
    Aguero Kane Defoe

£2.4m in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

What are people's thoughts on Jordan Ibe? Seems to be doing well but will he retain his place when Gerrard is fit again? Was looking at him as my cheap 5th m/f and if he was guaranteed 3 pts a week and possibly a bonus (based on his recent performances it's possible) he might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

What's your plans for this GW then?

Havent a notion to be honest, half thinking about banking the transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

shano_88 wrote: »
    My team isnt the greatest condition with doubts over Defoe and Bellerin and Geoff Cameroon suspended. I think im just going to go Cameroon to Woolshield. Im not sure though, I think ill play my wildcard the week of the double gameweek so basically I have 6.6m to spend on a defender for the next 2 gameweeks. Any thoughts?

Full team:
    De Gea Hamer
    Terry Bellerin Clyne Cameron Wisdom
    Di Maria Sanchez Mane Hazard Boyd
    Aguero Kane Defoe

£2.4m in the bank.

That's a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭shano_88

That's a classic.

Close enough :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gone Silva + Toby -> Yaya + Bruce.

Wanted Yaya back in, had planned to hang onto Toby but with doubts over Bellerin and never know if Zouma was going to play Bruce (should) guarantee me 11 anyway.

May will have Toby back in next week for Zouma.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Need some advice.... Have Defoe and Bellerin doubtful and with GW 27 in mind should I hold onto transfer and hope for best or ship out likes of Wasilewski?
    Team I would start tomorrow and hope they play.....

Foster
    PVA. Terry. Bellerin
    Sanchez. Hazard. Silva. Cazorla
    Kane (Capt). Defoe. Aguero
    Subs. My hill. Amoebi. Clyne. Wasi

Thanks for any replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thinking Puncheon to Mané but not convinced...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I need to offload Fer.
    He's 5.5M and I have 2.6M in bank

Other MFs are
    Silva
    Hazard
    Chadli
    Cazorla

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Need some advice.... Have Defoe and Bellerin doubtful and with GW 27 in mind should I hold onto transfer and hope for best or ship out likes of Wasilewski?
    Team I would start tomorrow and hope they play.....

Foster
    PVA. Terry. Bellerin
    Sanchez. Hazard. Silva. Cazorla
    Kane (Capt). Defoe. Aguero
    Subs. My hill. Amoebi. Clyne. Wasi

Thanks for any replies.

I'd bank the transfer and also put Clyne ahead of Ameobi on the bench. Then Wasi to Naughton/Haidara next week.
    I need to offload Fer.
    He's 5.5M and I have 2.6M in bank

Other MFs are
    Silva
    Hazard
    Chadli
    Cazorla

Thoughts?

Short term: Walters or Moses
    Long term: Mane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Why is no one considering bringing in Costa ? Playing at home against the team with the most goals conceded this season.

He should surely be a nailed on Captain. If only I could afford him and Aguero !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

muletide wrote: »
    Why is no one considering bringing in Costa ? Playing at home against the team with the most goals conceded this season.

He should surely be a nailed on Captain. If only I could afford him and Aguero !!

Plenty are considering it. Less so now that he has not got a double in gw28. Are you aware he has no game next week? And that he is 2 bookings from a 2 match ban.

He's very much a luxury one week punt if you have transfers to spare, but over the next 3 to 4 gameweeks not a no brainer by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Plenty are considering it. Less so now that he has not got a double in gw28. Are you aware he has no game next week? And that he is 2 bookings from a 2 match ban.

He's very much a luxury one week punt if you have transfers to spare, but over the next 3 to 4 gameweeks not a no brainer by any means.

Bookings is the big thing for me. He could easily get booked tomorrow and in Cup final and them misses two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

FHFC wrote: »

All valid points but you can't discount the very real possibility of him getting 15 - 20 points tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'll be very interested to see Costa's ownership and captaincy in the top 1k tomorrow. I doubt it's above 10% personally. If I brought him in I'd captain him, but he hasn't proven himself to be a nailed on better choice than Hazard in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Bottled it. Brought in Ozil for Puncheon in the end. Now have 3 Arsenal attackers, which is a worry in itself, but all he needs to do is outscore Punch and it'll be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

muletide wrote: »

Don't want to play the smart guy but a lot are considering bringing him in since he's 131% to a rise on fplstats :p.

As been said above though, him missing the next GW, him being just 2 YC from a 2-games suspension, Chelsea fixtures list which is not particularly great after this game and a few other transfers I've to deal with are as many factors to hold off for now. I feel if he doesn't deliver greatly this week-end I'll have used 2 transfers (already have 3 players - including Kane - to bench next GW and can't see me only have 1 striker) for not much.

If he had had DGW28 it'll have been a complete different story though ;)...

---

Personally I'm looking at replacing Baird. Here's my current defence
    Foster (Myhill)
    Terry Jones PvA (Coloccini Baird)
    And my options:
    1. get a good long-term planning cheap def for Baird this week and play him instead of Jones.
    2. get a more expensive def (mid-term) and play him instead of Jones.
    3. do nothing, play Jones and have 2 FT next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Must resist urge to transfer!

Want to make three changes next week for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

thinking about the big picture. Am I mad to transfer Eriksen out for Siggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

For anyone living in hope that either wisdom or baird get back in the west brom side, this should be the nail in the coffin:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-boss-tony-pulis-8688456

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭smokingman

I've been waiting for this since the wildcard.....
    Darren Gibson; I choose you!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm gonna take a punt and do Defoe to Benteke. I think Sherwood might get the best out of him like he did with Adebayor last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

zarquon wrote: »
    For anyone living in hope that either wisdom or baird get back in the west brom side, this should be the nail in the coffin:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-boss-tony-pulis-8688456

Why couldn't you post that an hour ago? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Guys,

Before I pull the trigger on my WC, any observations?

(Not bringing in Kane until after GW27)

FFGW26.png

Thanks!

Advertisement