Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

RVP is finished as a decent fpl option imo. He'll never again hit the explosive levels that made him a must have in previous seasons. Much better options there at a better price.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭CSF

RVP is finished as a decent fpl option imo. He'll never again hit the explosive levels that made him a must have in previous seasons. Much better options there at a better price.

Wonder what he will cost next year if he's still in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

he is scoring regularly though

I wouldn't call 2 goals and no assists in United's last 7 league matches as scoring regularly!! At 12.2m he can only be described FF wise as an incredible waste of money. That might change between now and the end of the season (but I doubt it will) and he has thus far given FF players no justification whatsoever for having him in their teams. I would avoid like the plague!!

(**Watch him score 10+ fit the next 3 weeks!**)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Anyone have any opinions on Siggy for the weekend? He's surely raring to go after his rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

G1032 wrote:
    (**Watch him score 10+ fit the next 3 weeks!**)

G1032 wrote:
    I wouldn't call 2 goals and no assists in United's last 7 league matches as scoring regularly!! At 12.2m he can only be described FF wise as an incredible waste of money. That might change between now and the end of the season (but I doubt it will) and he has thus far given FF players no justification whatsoever for having him in their teams. I would avoid like the plague!!

yeah that's what I'm afraid might happen..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Anyone have any opinions on Siggy for the weekend? He's surely raring to go after his rest.
    He's probably raring to go, but with Bony gone I worry about their goalscoring opportunities! Siggy has 8 assists this season so I fear he'll still be creating those chances, but nobody will be home to put them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

My head is wrecked with potential transfers this week. I've 2 free ones but it's hard to know what to do as the next 3 gws are impacted by your decision with the blank and then the double.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My head is wrecked with potential transfers this week. I've 2 free ones but it's hard to know what to do as the next 3 gws are impacted by your decision with the blank and then the double.
    I think it's going to be head in the sand this week and re-evaluate after watching a few matches at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

It's impossible to figure out what to do without knowing whether Chelsea have a DGW28 or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    It's impossible to figure out what to do without knowing whether Chelsea have a DGW28 or not.

I'm banking. Have a strong enough line-up for the weekend:

Foster
    Terry PVA Bellerin
    Eriksen Hazard Johnson Sanchez
    Aguero Giroud Sturridge
    Myhill, Jones, Baird, Cork.

My plan was to take Johnson out but he has a match next GW so I'll hold him. With doubts over Jones, I could be without him, possibly Baird and my three lads that don't play next week.

Therefore both transfers could be needed just to put eleven on the pitch. My big plus next week is that I've three playing strikers whereas most folk will only have two due to having Kane. Kane will then be straight in for Giroud and the extra funds invested in a Johnson replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've spent so little time thinking about FPL for the last week that I'd forgotten who was in my team after the WC and everything the week before :pac:

Jones a doubt but happy to play Hutton if he doesn't, the rest of the team is serviceable if not particularly geared up for this particular GW. I'm banking until I get some madcap idea or go Walcott to Silva.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I think I am banking too.

Just logged in after a week off FF and I am delighted to see that Austin is fit for the weekend. Now if Phil Jones can just get fit for at least GW27 I should have 11 starters for that week and 2 free transfers for the DGW.

Plan at the moment is to bank a transfer and start this team on saturday:

FFteam.png

Then shift out Terry next week to leave 11 starters for GW 27 while keeping 2 transfers to give me 5 DGW players for GW28 (assuming Chelsea v Leicester is reschduled for then).

• Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Have 2FT but would love to just bank again. As it is a defensive transfer most likely, probably Jones out to someone

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is it this weekend Alder is due back? Think I will bank too, want to wait until Chelsea's dgw is confirmed until I make any changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

I've already done Wisdom to Dawson

I'll likely also take a hit for Puncheon to Yaya. I'm sitting at 18,000 for what seems like forever. I'm also 30+ behind main rival and no matter what I do the gap seems to stay the same (despite him having no real team value worth talking about). Time to mix it up a bit.

I'll be hoping that Yaya (-4) will get more than Puncheon this week. Might as well take the risk.

Okay so I'm bored and in work and am playing with possibilities for my team.
    For a -8:

So:
    Neil Taylor --> Jagielka
    Sanchez --> Yaya
    Puncheon --> Ozil

Then next week I'll do a transfer to bring in someone cheap for Wisdom. As it stands, I woulda had to do two transfers on my defence next week anyway so woulda been taking a -4 and probably still bringing in Jags, but against Arsenal. (Willing to take that 'hit', as it were.)

Realistically, this week I want rid of Puncheon. I could just do Puncheon to someone but Jagielka is calling to me so I'd like to get him in too. In that scenario, he'd be in for Wisdom and I'd have to do Puncheon to someone in 8.1m bracket: so Mane, Walters, or Siggy. None of those three appeal this week and not for a hit. How and ever: Jagielka and Ozil have favourable fixtures and are in great form, and City are a different beast with Yaya and he's got a good record against Newcastle.

Is that madness or am I just plain over-thinking it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

G1032 wrote: »
    I've already done Wisdom to Dawson

I'll likely also take a hit for Puncheon to Yaya. I'm sitting at 18,000 for what seems like forever. I'm also 30+ behind main rival and no matter what I do the gap seems to stay the same (despite him having no real team value worth talking about). Time to mix it up a bit.

I'll be hoping that Yaya (-4) will get more than Puncheon this week. Might as well take the risk.

A single captain differential could cover that gap so I'd not worry too much about it.

If you're happy with your choices mid-term, that's the main thing. And mid-term Yaya seems a no-brainer over Puncheon. Much much better fixtures. City have to get results (doesn't mean they will but they'll try hard to reduce the gap and we can expect Yaya to (re)become central to them and bomb forward as he likes).
    Okay so I'm bored and in work and am playing with possibilities for my team.
    For a -8:

So:
    Neil Taylor --> Jagielka
    Sanchez --> Yaya
    Puncheon --> Ozil

Then next week I'll do a transfer to bring in someone cheap for Wisdom. As it stands, I woulda had to do two transfers on my defence next week anyway so woulda been taking a -4 and probably still bringing in Jags, but against Arsenal. (Willing to take that 'hit', as it were.)

Realistically, this week I want rid of Puncheon. I could just do Puncheon to someone but Jagielka is calling to me so I'd like to get him in too. In that scenario, he'd be in for Wisdom and I'd have to do Puncheon to someone in 8.1m bracket: so Mane, Walters, or Siggy. None of those three appeal this week and not for a hit. How and ever: Jagielka and Ozil have favourable fixtures and are in great form, and City are a different beast with Yaya and he's got a good record against Newcastle.

Is that madness or am I just plain over-thinking it?

I guess you can't do Puncheon -> Yaya as a direct swap. But wouldn't Puncheon -> Silva work without the big pts hit. You could take care of Naylor & Wisdom next week.

I'm not sure Jag & Everton are really worth £5.5m in defence. They've just had a great run defensively speaking and are ahead of a very nice game CS-wise but this looks like very much City before Christmas. Many teams seem to go on CS patches this year (Newcastle, Arsenal, City, Everton etc...) but can't keep long-term good returns bar Chelsea & Saints.

So I'd get a def I'd be happy to play every week (to partner Terry) 'till at least GW33-34-35 when there's a shift in fixtures (some teams will host twice in a row while some would go away twice in a row ; fixtures will also get tougher (WBA) or more comfortable (Leicester)) because if you try to catch one of these good CS patches you may just end up getting a player when the CS patch is over :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

So of my doubts to play & with 1m ITB & 1 FT.. who should I replace

Courtois
    Wisdom
    Kompany
    Oscar
    Gayle

I have no back-up keeper to come in should Courtois not play! With Chelsea at home to Burnley and everyone with Chelsea defensive cover, should I risk the zero points? Do i bite the bullet & transfer him out.. (for who?) I can see Cech playing as he played so well in the last PL match.

Wisdom - is going at one stage or another in the next few weeks

Kompany - don't know why I ever put him in -too expensive and no returns.

Oscar - seems to have lost his place & didn't make the matchday squad last week

Gayle - was 4th choice forward last PL GW.

If either Oscar or Gayle don't play, I'm left with Ameobi (away to City) and also not guaranteed to start, If both don't play well it is a disaster all together!

What should I do? I really don't want to take a 4 point hit

Chesty08 wrote: »
    So of my doubts to play & with 1m ITB & 1 FT.. who should I replace

Courtois
    Wisdom
    Kompany
    Oscar
    Gayle

I have no back-up keeper to come in should Courtois not play! With Chelsea at home to Burnley and everyone with Chelsea defensive cover, should I risk the zero points? Do i bite the bullet & transfer him out.. (for who?) I can see Cech playing as he played so well in the last PL match.

Wisdom - is going at one stage or another in the next few weeks

Kompany - don't know why I ever put him in -too expensive and no returns.

Oscar - seems to have lost his place & didn't make the matchday squad last week

Gayle - was 4th choice forward last PL GW.

If either Oscar or Gayle don't play, I'm left with Ameobi (away to City) and also not guaranteed to start, If both don't play well it is a disaster all together!

What should I do? I really don't want to take a 4 point hit

I'd say oscar is nailed onto start so I'd keep him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I'd say oscar is nailed onto start so I'd keep him.

Wouldn't say nailed on but I think of the lot he is most likely.

Think I will focus on my defence.

Might just go with changing Courtois as he will be out for the next GW anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ive
    Panti (Krul)
    Wisdom zouma Hutton Moreno yun
    Cazorla Erikson hazard Henderson byod
    Aguero Kane RVP

Plans are
    Rvp - costa (maybe this week if the dgw is soon) or else sturidge but means 3 liverpool players!
    Wisdom and zouma have too go too soon was thinking alderwild (is he Defo back this gw?) and lescot

Any opinions lads im a bit lost

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ive
    Panti (Krul)
    Aguero Kane RVP

Plans are
    Rvp - costa (maybe this week if the dgw is soon) or else sturidge but means 3 liverpool players!
    Wisdom and zouma have too go too soon was thinking

I'd hold off on getting rid of Zouma for a bit. Cahill had a poor game against PSG and was at fault for their goal. Zouma will start at the weekend I'd say.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Wouldn't say nailed on but I think of the lot he is most likely.

Think I will focus on my defence.

Might just go with changing Courtois as he will be out for the next GW anyway!

I'm thinking of getting oscar in as a 1 wk punt myself

I'd hold off on getting rid of Zouma for a bit. Cahill had a poor game against PSG and was at fault for their goal. Zouma will start at the weekend I'd say.

I didn't see the game! Thanks. In that case it's wisdom has too go for lescot (I think he's nailed on too start) and might do hutton (will Sherwood stick with him?) too alderwild but thats not a priority!

iroced wrote: »
    A single captain differential could cover that gap so I'd not worry too much about it.

If you're happy with your choices mid-term, that's the main thing. And mid-term Yaya seems a no-brainer over Puncheon. Much much better fixtures. City have to get results (doesn't mean they will but they'll try hard to reduce the gap and we can expect Yaya to (re)become central to them and bomb forward as he likes).

I guess you can't do Puncheon -> Yaya as a direct swap. But wouldn't Puncheon -> Silva work without the big pts hit. You could take care of Naylor & Wisdom next week.

I'm not sure Jag & Everton are really worth £5.5m in defence. They've just had a great run defensively speaking and are ahead of a very nice game CS-wise but this looks like very much City before Christmas. Many teams seem to go on CS patches this year (Newcastle, Arsenal, City, Everton etc...) but can't keep long-term good returns bar Chelsea & Saints.

So I'd get a def I'd be happy to play every week (to partner Terry) 'till at least GW33-34-35 when there's a shift in fixtures (some teams will host twice in a row while some would go away twice in a row ; fixtures will also get tougher (WBA) or more comfortable (Leicester)) because if you try to catch one of these good CS patches you may just end up getting a player when the CS patch is over :confused:.

I'm .1 short of a straight swap of Punch to Silva, hence the predicament. :pac: Everton have a pretty reasonable run of fixtures and Jag is a BP magnet atm. I dunno. Might do it anyway. It'll either kill the battered writhing remains of my season off once and for all, or revive it. I've been doing terribly so I'm not opposed to trying something a bit mad. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Is that being a bit harsh on Cahill, I saw the goal and bits of the game but didn't see or read the analysis, was Cahill really blamed for the goal, the cross was absolutely perfect for Cavani, barring standing on the exact spot that Cavani was or fouling him I don't see what anybody could have done to prevent that goal.

Anyway the fact that Cahill was picked for that match suggests to me that he is still slightly ahead of Zouma in the pecking order. Still likely that Zouma will start this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'm .1 short of a straight swap of Punch to Silva, hence the predicament. :pac: Everton have a pretty reasonable run of fixtures and Jag is a BP magnet atm. I dunno. Might do it anyway. It'll either kill the battered writhing remains of my season off once and for all, or revive it. I've been doing terribly so I'm not opposed to trying something a bit mad. :cool:

Ah right :o...

True that Everton's fixtures are "reasonable" as you said ;). Just checked up to GW38 and actually thought it was tougher. Arsenal away & Spurs home on GW38 being the only real tough games (though from GW34-35 onwards teams fighting against relegation could become more dangerous in reality than on paper), I mean they have a reasonavble chance of a CS in all the other ones.

My only concern would be is their recent CS patch just an episode as many teams showed up to now? Or a real improvement at the back? Though you could argue that could be said for most teams.
    So long-term your defence'd be Terry & Jag + one of you cheap 3-way rotation? Considering you have Saints GK it could actually work out nicely as a "little bit mad" alternative ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ive
    Panti (Krul)
    Aguero Kane RVP

Plans are
    Wisdom and zouma have too go too soon was thinking alderwild (is he Defo back this gw?) and lescot

Any opinions lads im a bit lost

I'd hold off on getting Costa until the DGW (if then). He is on 8 yellow cards so 1 more yellow and he is just 1 yellow away from a 2 game ban. I won't be getting Costa for the DGW if he is on 9 yellow cards already as chances are He'll be banned for the 2nd game.
    If he's still on 8 yellows going into GW28 I'll get him then.

menoscemo wrote: »
    I'd hold off on getting Costa until the DGW (if then). He is on 8 yellow cards so 1 more yellow and he is just 1 yellow away from a 2 game ban. I won't be getting Costa for the DGW if he is on 9 yellow cards already as chances are He'll be banned for the 2nd game.
    If he's still on 8 yellows going into GW28 I'll get him then.

If not costa then im guessing sturidge is a better bet then rvp? I don't like the idea of 3 liverpool players tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I have 15.7m to spend on 1 5th midfielder and a striker.

I'm thinking Sturidge and taking a chance in Ibe.

(Already have Aguero and Kane).

Thoughts?

Advertisement