Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

carzola out for yaya.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Guys,

Before I pull the trigger on my WC, any observations?

(Not bringing in Kane until after GW27)

FFGW26.png

Thanks!

Cesc to Hazard. I wouldn't be having Blind or Colback in my team but it's not like Puncheon is setting the world alight for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Will Yaya not be playing just in front of the back 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

I think that's the job for fernando/fernandinho

bezuaua wrote: »
    I think that's the job for fernando/fernandinho

Bony's arrival might affect things....

20ef62996d846fe3e3e7bfbb8e892c98.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yaya was a great option before Christmas when Aguero was out and he was on pens and likely to play further forward. But I don't see the attraction in bringing him in now especially with Bony added to the mix too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Cesc to Hazard. I wouldn't be having Blind or Colback in my team but it's not like Puncheon is setting the world alight for me.

Cheers, Ziegler. That'll leave me unable to afford Kane, though...

Not mad about Blind either, but he has a few "handy" games over the next few weeks (at least as handy as it gets for Utd these days).

Colback's my cheap 5th mid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Are we really expecting Bony to slot straight into the City starting 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

It's a double pivot they play. If one goes forward the other goes back. Yaya will not be in an especially attacking position but will be the one of the two that is given much more license to go forward. They do alternate but it's more 66-33 in terms of Yaya going forward.

As mentioned before here, if Aguero is out, Yaya is a great option due to the number of penalties City get, otherwise he doesn't actually get on the end of too many chances. He does, however, finish those chances remarkably (annoyingly if you don't have him) well and has that selfish streak that you want in a ff player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Probably a silly question, but I have 2 free transfers, if i use one, will i still have 2 next week?

Happy enough with my team but I'd like to have 2 FT's for GW 27 with the Chelsea and Spurs blanks.

Not set on making any transfers at all so Id definitely have 2 next week either.

Squad is
    Krul, Woodman

Targett, Bellerin, Jones, Clichy, Zouma

Di Maria, Silva, Sanchez, Hazard, Ward Prowse

Kane Aguero (C) Giroud

Bench this week: Bellerin(yellow flag?), Targett, JWP, Woodman

(1.8 In the bank)

Only transfer I'd like to do is get another GK in for Woodman- Howard/Forster long term.

Or an Everton defender in for Jones or Clichy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

If you have 2 FTs this week and use one, you'll still have 2 next week. If you don't use your transfer before the deadline you'll lose it.

Getting a 2nd keeper to rotate with Krul is a good idea. Especially seeing as he is away to Man City this week, and also considering that Newcastle are down to the bare bones defensively a backup option might come in useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

If you have 2 FTs this week and use one, you'll still have 2 next week. If you don't use your transfer before the deadline you'll lose it.

Getting a 2nd keeper to rotate with Krul is a good idea. Especially seeing as he is away to Man City this week, and also considering that Newcastle are down to the bare bones defensively a backup option might come in useful.

Thanks for that, never had the luxury of 2 ft's before and not wanting to make a few changes.

Thinking Zouma to Alderweireld next week, if he's not fit a double transfer somewhere else to get Bertrand or Clyne in,
    while trying to keep an aye on my Costa kitty, where Di Maria & Giroud will have to go to get Costa and a 6.7 or cheaper MF in depending on price changes :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Chadli out - Siggurdson in. 1 free transfer saved for next gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Cheers, Ziegler. That'll leave me unable to afford Kane, though...

Not mad about Blind either, but he has a few "handy" games over the next few weeks (at least as handy as it gets for Utd these days).

Colback's my cheap 5th mid :)

Jordan Ibe at 4.4m is a better option than either Colback or Blind in my opinion although he will prob get rested a couple of times between now and end of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

AdpRo wrote: »
    Jordan Ibe at 4.4m is a better option than either Colback or Blind in my opinion although he will prob get rested a couple of times between now and end of season.

Ibe has done well but I think Sterling and Coutinho are first choice. He should get a lot of minutes though from the bench though I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

shineon23 wrote: »
    Probably a silly question, but I have 2 free transfers, if i use one, will i still have 2 next week?

Happy enough with my team but I'd like to have 2 FT's for GW 27 with the Chelsea and Spurs blanks.

Not set on making any transfers at all so Id definitely have 2 next week either.

Squad is
    Krul, Woodman

Targett, Bellerin, Jones, Clichy, Zouma

Di Maria, Silva, Sanchez, Hazard, Ward Prowse

Kane Aguero (C) Giroud

Bench this week: Bellerin(yellow flag?), Targett, JWP, Woodman

(1.8 In the bank)

Only transfer I'd like to do is get another GK in for Woodman- Howard/Forster long term.

Or an Everton defender in for Jones or Clichy

You're defence is a mess if I'm honest. Bellerin is a doubt but could play. Zouma is a massive rotation risk with Cahill and clichy with Kolarov but not to the same extent. You have the 2nd or 3rd choice saints left back who is clearly back up to Bertrand and is likely to contend with Yoshida Gardos and maybe even Alderiwood for game time this gw.

Panti, Ospina
    Wisdom, Jones, Bellerin, Zouma, PvA
    Cazorla, Hazard, Eriksen, Silva, Cork
    Aguero, Kane, Austin.

Contemplating using my 2Fts quite boringly. Wisdom -> Yoshida, Cazorla -> Sanchez.

Yoshida will go onto the bench for this gameweek (covering Zouma's rotation risk) but Wisdom getting close to a drop and I cant see a useful replacement @ 4.2.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Foster - Myhill

Terry - PVA - Jones - Baird - Bertrand

Sanchez - ADM - Hazard - Johnson - Boyd

Aguero - Kane - Pelle

Anyone able to suggest a transfer? Pelle and Johnson could do with replacing. However, I don't have the money to do Pelle to Costa or Sturridge directly (ie without a hit). I could bring in a bunch of people for Pelle (Giroud/Ings/Austin), but ultimately I want either Costa or Sturridge, so don't see a move of a cheaper striker as worthwhile.

Also, I'll likely to Johnson to Eriksen for the DGW, so don't want to do that one this week.

Baird I could do with moving on, but I need the transfers for elsewhere, so reluctant to use one on him now.

Edit: I know what I'm leaning towards doing, but am interested to see if there's any alternative suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Foster - Myhill

Aguero - Kane - Pelle

Anyone able to suggest a transfer? Pelle and Johnson could do with replacing. However, I don't have the money to do Pelle to Costa or Sturridge directly (ie without a hit). I could bring in a bunch of people for Pelle (Giroud/Ings/Austin), but ultimately I want either Costa or Sturridge, so don't see a move of a cheaper striker as worthwhile.

Also, I'll likely to Johnson to Eriksen for the DGW, so don't want to do that one this week.

Baird I could do with moving on, but I need the transfers for elsewhere, so reluctant to use one on him now.

Edit: I know what I'm leaning towards doing, but am interested to see if there's any alternative suggestions!

Pelle to Bony could be an interesting move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Lemlin wrote: »
    Pelle to Bony could be an interesting move.

'Interesting' as in 'a punt'?!

Ah no, you're right, it is interesting, but as a load of moves not working out in the WC, I've decided to play it very safe for the next few weeks in an effort to get halt the slide. That means no punts!

If I am to move Pelle on this week, it would probably only be for Giroud. But as I mentioned above, I'm reluctant to do that if I'm ultimately going to get Costa/Sturridge in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Di Maria to Yaya or Defoe to Giroud?

Help me decide please.

Di Maria to Yaya or Defoe to Giroud?

Help me decide please.

We have practically the same team and im leaning towards ADM to Yaya... Silva is also an option though :rolleyes:

We have practically the same team and im leaning towards ADM to Yaya... Silva is also an option though :rolleyes:

Silva would give us some extra cash to work with for the next few GW'S alright. Need to decide quickly!

Edit: Surely Toure will play quite deep if they are going 2 up front with Bony and Aguero and Silva in behind?

Silva would give us some extra cash to work with for the next few GW'S alright. Need to decide quickly!

Edit: Surely Toure will play quite deep if they are going 2 up front with Bony and Aguero and Silva in behind?

thats what I was thinking alright. Fcuk it ADM to Silva :D Defoe gets another chance

thats what I was thinking alright. Fcuk it ADM to Silva :D Defoe gets another chance

I'm going to do the same!

Next question...who to play?

Jones (away to Swansea) or Hutton (home to Stoke)

Leaning towards Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Laptop has been unresponsive for 5 minutes.

COME ON LOAD YA FECKER!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Foster - Myhill

Aguero - Kane - Pelle

I'd take a 28 point hit if I was you, perfect week to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Next question...who to play?

Jones (away to Swansea) or Hutton (home to Stoke)

Leaning towards Jones.

I'd play Jones too. Sherwood style attacking football may mean less chance of a Villa clean sheet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Personally I'm looking at replacing Baird. Here's my current defence
    Foster (Myhill)
    Terry Jones PvA (Coloccini Baird)
    And my options:
    1. get a good long-term planning cheap def for Baird this week and play him instead of Jones.
    2. get a more expensive def (mid-term) and play him instead of Jones.
    3. do nothing, play Jones and have 2 FT next week.

What you guys think?

Should I swallow it with Jones this week and stick with my original plan of bringing Alder in next week (hopefully he'll be back then).

Or go a different route. Everton?

Or keep a transfer and get a Spurs def for GW28?

Or stay cheap at the back (Alder will replace Jones at some pt anyway) and go one of these appealing 3-way rotations? Since I have Coloccini & PvA I could get a Stoke, Villa or Swansea def. Looking at their respective fixtures maybe a Stoke def from next wek on is the best idea.

--

So. After this last min tinkering, I'm now looking at playing Jones this week (don't see an obvious Baird replacement better choice this week) and getting a Stoke or Saints def next week to start building my defence for the run-in which I plan to be Terry-Saints + one of PvA-Colo-Stoke Colo being replaced by a Villa def towards the end of the season. Good plan?

Advertisement