Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Is Dawson nailed on for west brom? I have 4.4 to spend on a Cameron replacement and he seems like the best option as i have no west brom coverage unless anyone else has a suggestion for me?

Looks so. I hope so! Olsson is soon back I think but he's a central defender. He'll take McAuleys or Lescotts place if he's brought back into the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Are Defoe owners sticking with him for another week? (Home to WBA)

Thinking Sterling and Giroud out for Downing and Sturridge for a -4. but then I'm reconsidering since Arsenal are playing Palace. So I could go for Costa v. Burnley but then am screwed the following week. Decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Dónal wrote: »
    Thinking Sterling and Giroud out for Downing and Sturridge for a -4. but then I'm reconsidering since Arsenal are playing Palace. So I could go for Costa v. Burnley but then am screwed the following week. Decisions decisions.

Can I ask why you're getting rid of Giroud? Scored twice at the weekend, playing Palace this week and Arsenal on a good run of form. Meanwhile Sturridge is away against the meanest defence in the league. I don't understand where all this Sturridge loving is coming from!

Can I ask why you're getting rid of Giroud? Scored twice at the weekend, playing Palace this week and Arsenal on a good run of form. Meanwhile Sturridge is away against the meanest defence in the league. I don't understand where all this Sturridge loving is coming from!

Spaces really. I want to keep Kane and Aguero, and I want my third striker spot filled by one of Costa or Sturridge. Will probably wait until after Palace to ship him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've room for one of the following elite midfielders.... Yaya (upgrade from Silva) or Sanchez (upgrade from Walcott). Who's more crucial of those two?

Would then need to downgrade one of Silva/Walcott/ADM. Who's the weakest link of those 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I've room for one of the following elite midfielders.... Yaya (upgrade from Silva) or Sanchez (upgrade from Walcott). Who's more crucial of those two?

Would then need to downgrade one of Silva/Walcott/ADM. Who's the weakest link of those 3?

ADM is the weakest by a long way IMO. I'd upgrade him to Yaya if you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The yellow banners on RVP and aguero worrying anyone else lads?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    The yellow banners on RVP and aguero worrying anyone else lads?

I think Aguero is fine, been training normally since Stoke game and tweeted saying he is fine a few days ago...

https://twitter.com/aguerosergiokun/status/565650191089668097

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Yaya in for Angel done with a heavy heart. Good for my team long term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Ok so I got 2 full transfers and £4.1m in the bank.

My team is as follows:

Guzan (Hamer)
    Terry, Bellerin, Wisdom, Van Aaholt, Wasilewski,
    Silva, Hazard, Sanchez, Downing, Boyd,
    Aguero,Giroud, Kane.

Thinking of doing Wisdom to Bruce and Silva to Ozil this week.

Then next week do Wasilewski to Bertrand.

Then the following week Giroud to Costa.

Don’t have the funds to do Giroud to Sturridge along with the other transfers.

What do you think? Is 3 arsenal attackers too much for 3 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Yaya in for Angel done with a heavy heart. Good for my team long term.

Will be doing the same myself as soon as the pressers are done.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sturridge has 14 points in 131 minutes since he came back. Prior to his return, Liverpool were creating plenty of chances but had nobody to finish them. Sturridge is exactly what they need and, once fit, I see him in my team for the foreseeable future (bar the odd week where I may switch him for Costa).

It's also worth noting that he's not even fully fit yet and his stats for last season show what he is capable of. If anything, he may be more of a threat this season because he's the clear number one striker for a team with a very creative midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/567717219787108353

"Told the reported AdM [pelvic] issue was linked to tightness & is not an injury #MUFC"

I wish they would hurry up and announce when Leicester v Chelsea is rearranged to. If it's not a DGW28 I might just bank the transfer even if Defoe misses out. Wolly has a pretty good fixture against Villa to step in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I kinda want sturidge now but with Henderson and Moreno already and a tricky game v Southampton I think
    I'll skip him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Sturridge has 14 points in 131 minutes since he came back. Prior to his return, Liverpool were creating plenty of chances but had nobody to finish them. Sturridge is exactly what they need and, once fit, I see him in my team for the foreseeable future (bar the odd week where I may switch him for Costa).

It's also worth noting that he's not even fully fit yet and his stats for last season show what he is capable of. If anything, he may be more of a threat this season because he's the clear number one striker for a team with a very creative midfield.

Agree with this, my only temptation is going for a one week shot on Costa and then getting Studge for Costs next week. Southampton are not easy to score against, may be worth the gamble that Costa would outscore him by a bit this week.

Will decide after seeing both in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »

Sturridge has proved throughout his liverpool career that he will score lots of goals with or without suarez. He will be in my team very soon more than likely gw 28 if Chelsea don't have a double.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Think I might downgrade Sanchez to Ozil. 1.8 cheaper and in great form.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sturridge has proved throughout his liverpool career that he will score lots of goals with or without suarez. He will be in my team very soon more than likely gw 28 if Chelsea don't have a double.

I think I will be getting Sturridge in for 28 whether or not Chelsea have a dgw. May triple up on Chelsea elsewhere.

FHFC wrote: »
    I think I will be getting Sturridge in for 28 whether or not Chelsea have a dgw. May triple up on Chelsea elsewhere.

Ye something I'm considering also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Lads

Is it 4 teams that won't be playing a particular gameweek?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads

Is it 4 teams that won't be playing a particular gameweek?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Di Maria to Yaya tempts me..

Anything else that jumps put lads?

1814811fd3b01aa19b8d7024fd099b33.png

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Should i keep RVP or get rid of him. And use the cash for costa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Should i keep RVP or get rid of him. And use the cash for costa

You need to get rid of him faster than you can type 'should I get rid of him?'

G1032 wrote:
    You need to get rid of him faster than you can type 'should I get rid of him?'

he is scoring regularly though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Di Maria to Yaya tempts me..

Anything else that jumps put lads?

1814811fd3b01aa19b8d7024fd099b33.png

You have to get a Southampton defender, seriously.

Either Jones---->Bertrand when he's back next week or Hutton----> Alderwiereld (back this weekend and should be straight into the team)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

So are Aguero, Sturridge, Giroud and Kane and they all cost less.

Harry Kane Danny ings are doing a lot more and are half the price

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote:
    So are Aguero, Sturridge, Giroud and Kane and they all cost less.

i have aguero and kane. might get Sturridge but so is everyone else.

Advertisement