Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 26 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Thinking I might keep AJ now and bank the transfer. No point taking out a player that has a game in GW27 is what I'm thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

G1032 wrote: »
    Olsson is listed at 75% likely to play for West Brom. I assume he's been injured all season.
    Who will lose their place in defence when he returns? iirc he used to play alongside McAuley in the centre??

McAuley or Dawson are the two I'm looking at for a Wisdom replacement. Are either of their places under threat if Olsson returns?

I think Dawson has been playing right back the last 2 games. Couldn't see olsson play out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Thinking I might keep AJ now and bank the transfer. No point taking out a player that has a game in GW27 is what I'm thinking.

I'm finding that 4th mid spot very troublesome. Already shifted AJ for Puncheon when AJ looked like missing that game through injury. Now Puncheon doing nothing and fixtures not good.

I'd probably let him sit if I wasn't 0.1 short of Pelle to Sturridge. (losing 0.4 dicking about with Sanchez coming home to roost).

Will probably go for Walters for a two week thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

I think Dawson has been playing right back the last 2 games. Couldn't see olsson play out there.

Ya. Probably safest way in there aright

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm finding that 4th mid spot very troublesome. Already shifted AJ for Puncheon when AJ looked like missing that game through injury. Now Puncheon doing nothing and fixtures not good.

I'd probably let him sit if I wasn't 0.1 short of Pelle to Sturridge. (losing 0.4 dicking about with Sanchez coming home to roost).

Looking at it, banking my transfer this GW leaves me with a lot of options. For the week after I reckon I'd pull Terry out for Alderweild and use the spare change to upgrade AJ and go top heavy.

Will monitor the Zouma situation. He may be decent Chelsea cover if he gets a start in 60-70% of their games.

The other option is Fab, Hazard and Costa for three Chelsea attackers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,691 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »

Filled my 4th mid spot with Yaya. ..

Yaya,Ozil,Hazard, Cazorla and Walters, decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Looking at it, banking my transfer this GW leaves me with a lot of options. For the week after I reckon I'd pull Terry out for Alderweild and use the spare change to upgrade AJ and go top heavy.

Will monitor the Zouma situation. He may be decent Chelsea cover if he gets a start in 60-70% of their games.

The other option is Fab, Hazard and Costa for three Chelsea attackers.

I think Zouma is a great option apart from the dgw as he probably wouldn't play the 2 games and will take up 1 of the the 3 Chelsea spots. I'm happy to go for Zouma after the chelsea dgw and still think he is a great option even if he is rotated as you still have another 4 defs for the 3 spots in your team.

dahat wrote: »

Who's your strike force?

Who's your strike force?

Kane,Sturridge and Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

Kane,Sturridge and Aguero.

I'm screwed :D

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    I'm screwed :D

Whoops...in left my Yaya move out of the bag too early!

Whoops...in left my Yaya move out of the bag too early!

ha ha don't worry I'm more or less out anyway "I'm focussing on the league" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Anyone got any news on Oscar I can't find any news on his injury anywhere, transferred him in for Sterling at the last minute in the last game week.

I think I'll be bringing in Yaya too. I had originally thought I'd bring Eriksen in for the DGW but now I'm not so sure.

This week Wisdom just has to go. Maybe even tonight. Dawson most likely his replacement (or McAuley). I need to be able to field 10 for GW27. (Albrighton can stay on the bench)
    I may then also bring in Yaya for the Newcastle game for a hit. Would Yaya get more points v Newcastle than Puncheon (+4) v Arsenal? Very possibly.

In order to get Eriksen in the following week I'd need to sell Yaya again. Pointless really and I think I'll do Terry to a Southampton defender instead that week. I'm hoping Spurs have a bad hangover from the Carling Cup Final and that they'll get little joy at home to QPR (who just kept a cleanie the last night for the first time since December 28th)

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Whats my best options for a cheap defender garenteed to play in GW 27. I have to use the transfer this week and have 4.3 to spend, but would prefer someone around 4.1.

Are my options:
    Haidera - Villa (H)
    Bruce - Stoke (A)
    Naugton - Burnley (A)

Or is there anyone else I should be looking at? Dont want to lose .1 on wisdom so probably will do the transfer tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

Chances are you will only get 1 more game out of Gardos and yoshida as bertrand and alderweireld return. You will then be down two players for gw 27 to go with any Chelsea and Spurs lads you have.

My cup opponent has fonte and clyne and I just wanted to cover them. Never know, one might keep his spot and if not I'll switch after DGW.

I have oscar who I'm very close to dumping this GW for a -4 to set up a pelle to costa transfer and it will let me have a double FT for DGW tyen

Only other is blank is Kane who I'll happily just bench.

I can field a 3-5-2 for GW 27 and bank transfer for GW28 avoiding injury

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Could somebody remind me of Yoshida's situation at Southampton? Is he likely to lose his place when Alderweireld returns from injury?

I need to replace Baird but I want to spend as little as possible (I have 2.2 ITB, but I'll need it for DGW transfers).

Could somebody remind me of Yoshida's situation at Southampton? Is he likely to lose his place when Alderweireld returns from injury?

I need to replace Baird but I want to spend as little as possible (I have 2.2 ITB, but I'll need it for DGW transfers).

Alderweireld and Fonte are first choices. Yoshida will lose his place when Alder returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I knew 4.2 was too good to be true for a long-term Southampton option, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm looking at replacing Puncheon this week. My options are anyone up to 8.6m but I'm looking at the cheaper bracket. Right now, Mane, Walters, and Downing are my options. Siggy too I guess but the main rival has Siggy and I'd rather have someone different.

Anyone have any idea as to who seems the best bet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

I'm looking at replacing Puncheon this week. My options are anyone up to 8.6m but I'm looking at the cheaper bracket. Right now, Mane, Walters, and Downing are my options. Siggy too I guess but the main rival has Siggy and I'd rather have someone different.

In a similar boat, Nasri is all I can come up with at 8.2. Not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    In a similar boat, Nasri is all I can come up with at 8.2. Not sure though.

I'm not tempted by Nasri myself. Good showing last week but apart from that he's been fairly much a non-contender.

Can you afford Sterling if he's back soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

With Leicester having lost at the weekend, would it be safe to assume their game against Chelsea will be in GW 28? I would've thought they'd need to give more notice to the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭LostArt

Ideally I'd like to get rid of Puncheon this week, but getting Wisdom out has to be my main concern. Just haven't decided on a straight swap for another Wba player or going elsewhere

benteke is tempting me after yday
    someone please stop me .....

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭langer91

need to get defoe and pelle out but for who?? already have sergio aswell, any suggestions??

langer91 wrote: »
    need to get defoe and pelle out but for who?? already have sergio aswell, any suggestions??

Kane and Sturridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

Is Dawson nailed on for west brom? I have 4.4 to spend on a Cameron replacement and he seems like the best option as i have no west brom coverage unless anyone else has a suggestion for me?

• Advertisement

LostArt wrote: »
    Ideally I'd like to get rid of Puncheon this week, but getting Wisdom out has to be my main concern. Just haven't decided on a straight swap for another Wba player or going elsewhere

I got rid of Wisdom last night. Dawson in. I'll be taking a hit for Yaya I think too. I'm thinking Yaya (-4) at home values Newcastle is a better bet than Puncheon v Arsenal. I'll no doubt be proven horribly wrong

Advertisement