Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No longer attracted to my girlfriend

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Shabra wrote: »
    At 30 now I have a much better body than at 20 and I was slim and athletic at twenty, I have more muscle now and less body fat.

At 30, you might. Maybe. Just about. But 30 ain't 40. Come back to us in 10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

At 30 now I have a much better body than at 20 and I was slim and athletic at twenty, I have more muscle now and less body fat.
    you adonis you

memento mori....you are mortal my friend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Shabra

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    'Slows' being the key word here. You are still going to age. And look older, despite all the protestations. So "You get worse with age" still holds. You do. It's just how it is. I know there are lifestyles people choose to slow it eg. calorie restriction. The calories restriction peeps I've seen interviewed don't look any younger! Now, they might live longer, we'll have to wait and see. But look younger? Nope.

Has anyone said you won't look older?

Fact of the matter is if a man takes care of himself he physically shouldn't look much worse at 40 than at 50 in terms of his physique.

Shallow people can't get under your skin. They can't get in deep.

At 30, you might. Maybe. Just about. But 30 ain't 40. Come back to us in 10 years.

Did you ever see Floyd Mayweather'so body? He'll be 38 in February.

I'll continue training and eating healthily until the day I die, life is more fun doing that.

Not everyone lives the life of that fat 40 year old sitting at the bar you know.

• Advertisement

I'll continue training and eating healthily until the day I die, life is more fun doing that.

Not everyone lives the life of that fat 40 year old sitting at the bar you know.
    he looks older in the face...don't fear it ...you are still sexy ....enjoy healthy living but the thing better than being perfect us to be free ..let your woman love you inside. You will be happier it doesn't mean letting yourself go.

old is sexy young is sexy big is sexy small is sexy...every skin is sexy when worn by the right person...

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭PhilBill

Hey!! My Grandads 40!!

be on the inside looking in not the outside looking in..

be on the inside looking in not the outside looking in..

This seems somewhat wrong to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

'Slows' being the key word here. You are still going to age. And look older, despite all the protestations. So "You get worse with age" still holds. You do. It's just how it is. I know there are lifestyles people choose to slow it eg. calorie restriction. The calories restriction peeps I've seen interviewed don't look any younger! Now, they might live longer, we'll have to wait and see. But look younger? Nope.

That's very true but it is also very true that people age at different rates. A smoker aged 30 will often have worse lungs than a non smoker aged 40.

• Advertisement

This thread has gotten completely off topic. Why are we not still talking about the OP's GF?

he looks older in the face...don't fear it ...you are still sexy ....enjoy healthy living but the thing better than being perfect us to be free ..let your woman love you inside. You will be happier it doesn't mean letting yourself go.

old is sexy young is sexy big is sexy small is sexy...every skin is sexy when worn by the right person...

Sweet Jesus, no one said the face doesn't age.

In fairness people I think there's a huge double standard going on here here. There are many women who say they prefer taller, more intelligent or whatever. Now I don't see how a man/woman finding a girl/boy overweight is worse than the examples above. A lot of girls say they prefer taller men which isn't a physical trait you change. How is that not worse than not liking someone for a physical trait they can change?

steddyeddy wrote: »
    In fairness people I think there's a huge double standard going on here here. There are many women who say they prefer taller, more intelligent or whatever. Now I don't see how a man/woman finding a girl/boy overweight is worse than the examples above. A lot of girls say they prefer taller men which isn't a physical trait you change. How is that not worse than not liking someone for a physical trait they can change?

I think being taller is somewhat a physical trait.. People cannot change their genetics..

Hold up, most seem to be agreeing that people have preferences. I think what people are objecting to is that she be dumped summarily when it might well be fixable. We've all done a lot of speculating here with scant info from the OP, who knows what's going on there. And she might not even be overweight. If she went from an 8 to a 12, say, unless she's skirting around the 5' mark, she's not likely to be overweight. Anyway, more speculation.

Firstly, you're not him, a person who's job is to be in top shape. :D Secondly, he also probably looked better 10 or 15 years ago.

The body ages as well as the face.

Firstly, you're not him, a person who's job is to be in top shape. :D Secondly, he also probably looked better 10 or 15 years ago.

I have two kids and I manage to work out four times per week and it's more than enough . Four hours of weights and some high intensity cardiovascular is all that's needed with a good diet to look pretty fupping good, no professional contracts required.

I have two kids and I manage to work out four times per week and it's more than enough . Four hours of weights and some high intensity cardiovascular is all that's needed with a good diet to look pretty fupping good, no professional contracts required.

That's great. Still won't look the same in ten years time and not for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Nobody is saying that a 40 year old will look like a 20 year old because he runs a few times a week. But, if he keeps a good diet and exercises he'll get a more 'distinguished' look, rather than a 'finished' look.

George Clooney would be a good example. Yeah - he has grey hair and wrinkles but he still looks youthful.

Fat accentuates wrinkles and a double chin looks terrible. A beer belly looks like a person is used up, ready for the scrap heap. They're the opposite of youthful.

Also, fat and a lack of exercise can lead to back trouble and other disease. A forty year old man shouldn't be groaning when getting out of bed or trying to touch their toes. They shouldn't be out of breath after going up a few flights of stairs.

hm really?

Who is more image conscious gay men or lesbians?

• Advertisement

That's great. Still won't look the same in ten years time and not for the better.

But he'll look a damn sight better than his mate who sits at home every evening watching TV.

hm really?

Them black bi-sexuals, let me tell you.... :rolleyes:

hm really?

I would say most people are image conscious.

PhilBill wrote: »
    I think being taller is somewhat a physical trait.. People cannot change their genetics..

That's my point.

Hold up, most seem to be agreeing that people have preferences. I think what people are objecting to is that she be dumped summarily when it might well be fixable. We've all done a lot of speculating here with scant info from the OP, who knows what's going on there. And she might not even be overweight. If she went from an 8 to a 12, say, unless she's skirting around the 5' mark, she's not likely to be overweight. Anyway, more speculation.

Yes I think it's fixable. The OP should discuss the problems with his GF's weight.

Sorry but I completely disagree with this "Oh well the body ages attitude". The body can still look excellent at 50 if people work out and take measures to improve. There are some 40 year olds with better bodies than some 20 year olds. Lifestyle is the primary factor.

Look if I don't fancy you don't worry about it. I'm only a girl.

Lighten up.

Now chance for epic sparks song.

She won't go out with me, no, she won't go out
    'Cause my intellect's paper thin
    She won't go out with me, no, she won't go out
    Since my intellect's not like him

So, lighten up, Morrissey

She won't hang out with me, no, she won't hang out
    'Til my biting wit bites like his
    She won't hang out with me, no, she won't hang out
    'Til my quick retort's quick as his

So, lighten up, Morrissey?Lighten up, lighten up
    Lighten up, lighten up
    Lighten up, Morrissey
    Lighten up, lighten up
    Lighten up, Morrissey

She won't have sex with me, no, she won't have sex
    'Less it's done with a pseudonym
    She won't do sport with me, no, she won't do sport
    Says it's way, way too masculine, look at him

So, lighten up, Morrissey?Lighten up, lighten up
    Lighten up, lighten up
    Lighten up, Morrissey
    Lighten up, lighten up
    Lighten up, Morrissey

I got comparisons coming out my ears
    And she never can hit the pause
    If only Morrissey weren't so Morrisseyesque
    She might overlook all my flaws

Lighten up, lighten up
    Lighten up, lighten up
    Lighten up, lighten up
    Lighten up, Morrissey'
    Lighten up, lighten up
    Lighten up, Morrissey
    She won't dine out with me, no, she won't dine out
    Says my t-bone steak is at fault
    She won't dine out with me, no, she won't dine out
    With a murderer, pass the salt

Lighten up, lighten up
    Lighten up, lighten up
    Lighten up, Morrissey
    Lighten up, lighten up

Lighten up, lighten up
    Lighten up, Morrissey
    Lighten up, lighten up
    Lighten up, Morrissey

Sorry but I completely disagree with this "Oh well the body ages attitude". The body can still look excellent at 50 if people work out and take measures to improve. There are some 40 year olds with better bodies than some 20 year olds. Lifestyle is the primary factor.
    Prove us wrong eddy ...you prove us wrong.

Dean0088 wrote: »
    George Clooney would be a good example. Yeah - he has grey hair and wrinkles but he still looks youthful.

Nah, he looks like a good-looking middle aged man.

http://i60.tinypic.com/71jjhh.jpg

• Advertisement

Prove us wrong eddy ...you prove us wrong.

Sylvester Stallone at 60 VS an overweight 20 year old.

Advertisement