Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No longer attracted to my girlfriend

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Yeah, 40 year old men get ALL the hot women... You see it all the time don't you? These middle aged lads fighting off gorgeous girls. It's so common. Jesus have you people went a little too hard on the Christmas sherry or something? That's outright delusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Shabra wrote: »
    Even without money and status the personality of a 40 year old would help too, in terms of looks I'd say women would find 40 year old better looking.

Jose Mourinho is an example of a man who hasn't had plastic surgery and looks much sexier at 40 compared to 20.

Then there'a David Beckham, maybe teenage girls would prefer him at 20 but most women would prefer him at 40.

But surely the same could then be said for any man, as 40 year old women wouldn't usually find 20 year old men attractive anyway?

Or just what age do you mean when you say "women"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Even without money and status the personality of a 40 year old would help too, in terms of looks I'd say women would find 40 year old better looking.

Jose Mourinho is an example of a man who hasn't had plastic surgery and looks much sexier at 40 compared to 20.

Then there'a David Beckham, maybe teenage girls would prefer him at 20 but most women would prefer him at 40.

You'd help your point more if

a) you stopped using multi-millionaires as examples

b) you stopped using men who are way above averagely good-looking as examples

:D

In another forum you claim to identify as a woman, but even so you don't get to declare who all women prefer.

Singing the same old delusional tune there Andrea.

Older guys are not all George Clooney lookalikes, dripping in charisma and ageing like fine wines while women decay like zombies, but if it makes you feel at an advantage to pretend that's the way it is, then go for it.

strobe wrote: »
    Yeah, 40 year old men get ALL the hot women... You see it all the time don't you? These middle aged lads fighting off gorgeous girls. It's so common. Jesus have you people went a little too hard on the Christmas sherry or something? That's outright delusion.

Yep. I've been an early-to-mid 20s woman and during that time, most of my female friends were early-to-mid 20s. I can't even think of one of my friends from that time period that went for a man over 30. Not even one. We were all checking out 20 somethings. In fact I distinctly remember us talking to a 35 year old guy in a smoking area once, and afterwards us all commenting on how old he looked. Not in a complimentary way either!

Of course it happens, of course some women go for older men, but is it common? Not in my experience.

• Advertisement

I'm 27 and have zero interest in men of 40. Ten years would be the absolute maximum age gap I'd consider, and I've yet to meet the man who looks 'better' in middle age than youth.

Patrick Stewart still looks like a pensioner, George Clooney looks like a good looking young man who became a good looking middle aged man but he still looks middle aged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

As a woman with a "thing" for Latin-looking men, I'd be interested in seeing a photo of Jose Morinho when he was 20, please.

Edit: is he considered a good-looking man anyway? Can't see it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Found one. Here's Jose Mourinho in his younger days. He's a grand-looking man now but when he was younger....hubba!

http://luckyladder.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/youngmourinhobb8.jpg

Btw, I find well-preserved, handsome older fellas attractive (my current boyfriend is 10 years older than me) but mainly because he's mature and doesn't sweat the small stuff like a younger man might and is also extremely fit and healthy. I'd generally have a preference for fellas my own age though. An older, well-preserved man OR woman is attractive but I wouldn't delude myself and believe I'm getting more physically attractive as I age. My boyfriend is gorgeous now but he was gorgeous when he was younger too. Gorgeous people age well if they look after themselves but that applies to both genders.

Found one. Here's Jose Mourinho in his younger days. He's a grand-looking man now but when he was younger....hubba!

http://luckyladder.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/youngmourinhobb8.jpg

Those saggy chops just add character don'tyano?

Who wouldn't prefer him with his wrinkles, jowls, grey hair and baggage? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Shabra

strobe wrote: »

Most don't because most abuse their bodies.

• Advertisement

Most don't because most abuse their bodies.

None of the examples you've given hold up to the claims you're making.

So just so we're clear on where you're coming from, do you currently identify as a woman, a man, or a 17 year old girl?

Just so we can get a handle on your perspective.

Candie wrote: »
    In another forum you claim to identify as a woman, but even so you don't get to declare who all women prefer.

Singing the same old delusional tune there Andrea.

Older guys are not all George Clooney lookalikes, dripping in charisma and ageing like fine wines while women decay like zombies, but if it makes you feel at an advantage to pretend that's the way it is, then go for it.

Jumping to conclusions there about how I feel about myself.

The average individual abuses their bodies. If a man takes good care of his health and provided his hair doesn't fall out he'll usually be more attractive in terms of looks at 40 than at 20. That's before you factor in the added confidence a 40 year old gains and improvements to his personality in general.

If a man takes good care of his health and provided his hair doesn't fall out he'll usually be more attractive in terms of looks at 40 than at 30.

:pac:

Now where is that J Law gif gone?

None of the examples you've given hold up to the claims you're making.

So just so we're clear on where you're coming from, do you currently identify as a woman, a man, or a 17 year old girl?

Just so we can get a handle on your perspective.

Can you clarify which examples and why?

I'm a transsexual.

Jumping to conclusions there abouthow I feel about myself.

The average individual abuses their bodies. If a man takes good care of his health and provided his hair doesn't fall out he'll usually be more attractive.

No, just going by your posting.

No man is more attractive when he's middle aged. He might still look ok, he might even look good, but only if the raw material was there to begin with. A man who's very good looking in middle age is a man who would have been utterly gorgeous in his youth. This is not the case with the vast majority of people, male or female.

No man is more attractive when he's middle aged. He might still look ok, he might even look good, but only if the raw material was there to begin with. A man who's very good looking in middle age is a man who would have been utterly gorgeous in his youth. This is not the case with the vast majority of people, male or female.

When did I post about how I feel about myself?

Your jumping to conclusions. After 40 men'seeking looks erode in my opinion but they improve usually until late 30's provided health is maintained and the hair doesn't fall out.

My example is 20 versus 40. Is it your position that most men at 20 are more physically attractive at than at 40 if they look after their health and their hair doesn't fall out?

Can you clarify which examples and why?.
    Jose Mourinho is an example of a man who hasn't had plastic surgery and looks much sexier at 40 compared to 20

TBL's photos say otherwise, quite emphatically.

Yes, young men are more physically attractive than middle aged men. Why anyone needs that spelt out is a mystery. Men without baggage kend to be more appealing too, and few make it to middle age without baggage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

That's absolute bollocks.... People are attracted to all sorts, it's a personal thing... And people can absolutely look better as they age...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Those saggy chops just add character don'tyano?

Who wouldn't prefer him with his wrinkles, jowls, grey hair and baggage? :)

I've a friend in his 40s. Looks it but good looking chap. Balding too. Not loaded, not powerful, average job, average joe.

But he has no problem 'pulling' women 20 years younger than him.

I know quite a few men around the same age, most of these are either married or in LTR with women 8-12 years younger.

Not sur what my point is. Maybe the jowls etc aren't as off putting for all women as they are for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Susandublin

Simple formula for ageing men - keep hair on and weight off. I know easier said than done but it's good for both men and women to take pride in their bodies - not just for their partners, but for themselves. Physical appearance is very important in modern society - like it or not.

• Advertisement

TBL's photos say otherwise, quite emphatically.

Yes, young men are more physically attractive than middle aged men. Why anyone needs that spelt out is a mystery. Men without baggage kend to be more appealing too, and few make it to middle age without baggage.

Again you compare young and middle aged, I'm not contending that. It's 20 versus 40 that I contend.

I've a friend in his 40s. Looks it but good looking chap. Balding too. Not loaded, not powerful, average job, average joe.

But he has no problem 'pulling' women 20 years younger than him.

I know quite a few men around the same age, most of these are either married or in LTR with women 8-12 years younger.

Not sur what my point is. Maybe the jowls etc aren't as off putting for all women as they are for you?

My point is that even though he's good looking now, he's almost certain to have been better looking as a younger man. Thats just life.

I don't mind jowls etc, and I don't mind people looking their age. I just think it's a no brainer that good looking older people were usually better looking
    when they were younger.

Again you compare young and middle aged, I'm not contending that. It's 20 versus 40 that I contend.

40 is middle aged.

My point is that even though he's good looking now, he's almost certain to have been better looking as a younger man. Thats just life.

I don't mind jowls etc, and I don't mind people looking their age. I just think it's a no brainer that good looking older people were usually better looking
    when they were younger.

It depends what ages you are talking about.

A 60 year old man is not as good looking at 60 than at 20, a 30 year old man is usually better looking than a 20 year old man.

40 is middle aged.

Yes and so is 50, just because a logical statement is true for 50 does not make it true for 40 because both are middle aged. It's a generalisation that does not hold.

Yes and so is 50, just because a logical statement is true for 50 does not make it true for 40 because both are middle aged. It's a generalisation that does not hold.

Average life expectancy for an Irish man is 79.2 years. 40 is smack bang in the middle of that ageing process, hence middle aged. Nothing wrong with being middle aged, but that's what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

34 next year. Early middle aged.

Average life expectancy for an Irish man is 79.2 years. 40 is smack bang in the middle of that ageing process, hence middle aged. Nothing wrong with being middle aged, but that's what it is.

When did I say 40 wasn't middle aged?

You made a sweeping generalisation which doesn't hold. You said middle aged men are better looking than young men, it depends what ages you are talking about. A 50 year old is usually not better looking than a 28 year old but a 40 year old who looks after their health is usually better looking than a 16 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Jumping to conclusions there about how I feel about myself.

The average individual abuses their bodies. If a man takes good care of his health and provided his hair doesn't fall out he'll usually be more attractive in terms of looks at 40 than at 20. That's before you factor in the added confidence a 40 year old gains and improvements to his personality in general.

Attractive to WHOM though?

Other people his own age? Possibly.

Other people younger than him? Plausible.

Other people who are much younger than him? Unlikely.

And it really doesn't matter how well he takes care of himself or doesn't. Attraction isn't reflected merely in terms of looks, so there's every chance your hypothetical 40 year old man could be the spit of George Clooney, but the personality of a wet fish, and being ridiculously good looking doesn't bridge that gap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

You made a sweeping generalisation which doesn't hold.
    You have done nothing else on this thread yourself, ffs.

Advertisement