Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TD claims gardaí involved in drugs trade

Options
  • 11-12-2014 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭

If Mick Wallace wasn't in trouble before, he might be now.
    Independent TD Mick Wallace has claimed that some members of the Garda are involved in drug dealing.

The claims include allegations that a senior garda in the Midlands supplied drugs for distribution to his girlfriend; that gardaí supervised the removal of drugs from boats and that gardaí have tasked drug dealers with selling seized drugs.

Speaking this week at an event in Dublin called Banter, Mr Wallace said he and TD Clare Daly and then TD Luke Ming Flanagan “didn’t bring a quarter of what information we actually have from serving guards, ex-guards, members of the public of some terrible things that have been going on and are still going on in the country that involve malpractice”.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/mick-wallace-claims-garda%C3%AD-involved-in-drugs-trade-1.2034029

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,480 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Mick Wallace strikes me as a guy who tests substances himself from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Mick Wallace strikes me as a guy who tests substances himself from time to time.

Could be how he knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to say that the guards were just using their discretion.

play the man and not the ball. good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

Iwannahurl wrote: »

Um, surely it would be the guards in trouble?

• Advertisement

Um, surely it would be the guards in trouble?

you do know how this country works, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Iwannahurl wrote: »

Time will tell...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Even if it's true then it'll get no attention as the biggest dumbest prick the history of politics broke the story.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Imagine if they were. considering how delusional they are about the street value of every haul they catch they'd just rip everyone off anyway.

"Can I've an eighth there guard?"

" that has a street value of 500,000 euro. And if you don't buy it I'll arrest ya."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭DeadHand

I know of a few Gardai who abuse illegal drugs as happily as anyone but never even heard rumours of them being involved in dealing.

Wouldn't surprise me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

If he had raised it in the Dail previously, wouldn't it be on public record already?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,673 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

This coming from the politician who blew off two million in tax evasion as if it was nothing? He should examine his own behaviour first before he starts making accusations about other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Ah the cheap /free supply source could explain the Club card point system of the other thread ,,

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

I demand Wallace names the guilty parties, as i need to get my stash for xmas want to write an angry letter to my local TD, dude. Also, what's he done with Gromit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

This coming from the politician who blew off two million in tax evasion as if it was nothing? He should examine his own behaviour first before he starts making accusations about other people.

Yes lets just change the topic from more criminal corruption of your colleagues .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

wow..corruption in Ireland....... say it aint so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I won't go into any detail but I know for a fact that this is true. I don't know if it's the same person as Mick is referring to but at least one Garda in the midlands does dabble in "pharmaceutical supplying".

milltown wrote: »
    If he had raised it in the Dail previously, wouldn't it be on public record already?

it is. and apparently currently under investigation by the garda ombudsman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Cops have made Wallace' life difficult since Shattergate, to the point where they watch his house and follow him.
    Not surprised by this at all - we all know crooked cops at a local level.

And for that guy who brought up Wallace's tax evasion? Are you seriously saying that because Wallace evaded tax he can't speak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Is he aware there is a revenue hot line to report drugs or the garda confidential line. There is no point giving out about the garda without reporting it properly

• Advertisement

Like to the ombudsman??

FFs revenue hotline

hfallada wrote: »
    Is he aware there is a revenue hot line to report drugs or the garda confidential line. There is no point giving out about the garda without reporting it properly

he has reported it to the garda ombudsman. do you think he should ring the garda confidential line and tell them that one of their own is selling drugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,673 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

buck65 wrote: »
    Cops have made Wallace' life difficult since Shattergate, to the point where they watch his house and follow him.

What's this 'we' business? Any Gardaí I know, aren't involved in any alleged criminal activity.

And for that guy who brought up Wallace's tax evasion? Are you seriously saying that because Wallace evaded tax he can't speak?

That'd be me, and I'm not suggesting at all that he can't speak. Of course he can. I'm saying that I have no interest in taking his allegations seriously because of his attitude to his own misdeeds in his own past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Are you seriously suggesting that Wallace only brought up this unfounded allegation because of his perceived harassement by the guards?

If so he should be prosecuted for withholding information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

GerB40 wrote: »
    I won't go into any detail but I know for a fact that this is true. I don't know if it's the same person as Mick is referring to but at least one Garda in the midlands does dabble in "pharmaceutical supplying".

So have you reported this to the Ombudsman and/or local Garda Superintendent?

Valetta wrote: »
    Are you seriously suggesting that Wallace only brought up this unfounded allegation because of his perceived harassement by the guards?

If so he should be prosecuted for withholding information.

No, Wallace has had this information for a while but persistent badgering by the boys in blue has perhaps made his say "**** this" here goes...

Shatter misjudged Wallace badly to the point where it cost him his job, the bully boys are doing the same.

Have a look at the **** going on in the Ian Bailey case and what has happened in Donegal in the past.

What's this 'we' business? Any Gardaí I know, aren't involved in any alleged criminal activity.

That'd be me, and I'm not suggesting at all that he can't speak. Of course he can. I'm saying that I have no interest in taking his allegations seriously because of his attitude to his own misdeeds in his own past.

what exactly was his attitude to his own misdeeds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

No, Wallace has had this information for a while but persistent badgering by the boys in blue has perhaps made his say "**** this" here goes...

Shatter misjudged Wallace badly to the point where it cost him his job, the bully boys are doing the same.

Have a look at the **** going on in the Ian Bailey case and what has happened in Donegal in the past.

So do you have a problem with Wallace withholding this information he supposedly has until now?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Valetta wrote: »
    So do you have a problem with Wallace withholding this information he supposedly has until now?

Until now?

It's been brought up in the Dail before by himself and Ming

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/irish-news/officers-linked-to-heroin-dealing-30256807.html

• Advertisement

I can understand why he did, but as stated earlier this is an investigation ongoing into his claims and perhaps these allegations are also in play there.
    This might be just going public. Let's see , but dismissing a fella who evaded tax and might have different political / fashion beliefs coming out with this is ridiculous.
    He exposed Shatter and the Commissioner to an extent also, most people would agree that these 2 guys had to go because of their arrogance but people are still quick to slam Wallace.
    We need more Mick Wallace's in this ****ing corrupt toilet of a country.

Advertisement