Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TD claims gardaí involved in drugs trade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭kingchess

Don Kedick wrote: »
    The gardaí have been up to far worse than drug dealing over the years. They even were in bed with the British sure ffs.

That is where the auld handcuffs cum in handy-know wot I mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Don Kedick

Nothing wrong with a bit of riding.

Well you'd like to be using your own truncheon wouldn't ya?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Don Kedick

kingchess wrote: »
    That is where the auld handcuffs cum in handy-know wot I mean?

I always thought the gardaí weren't allowed to unleash their weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

He passed it off with poor excuses and kept his political seat while those people whose livelihoods he ruined saw their businesses go under. I have no time for anyone who fcuks people over like he did, and then he tries to ruin more people's lives by stirring up this kind of shyte?

Jaysis thats some high horse you're up on there Jack, careful you don't fall off.
    Clearly you have never been in business for yourself Jack and lived in the real world. Because if you have then you'd fully understand why he fobbed the Revenue off so he could keep his company open and pay his employees their wages. What he did may not have been legal, but it was definitely honourable. When you're put in a choice of either laying staff off or 'borrowing' money from the Revenue many in business have done the latter and gotten away with it.

You seem to be up there in your ivory tower looking down on the likes of Mick Wallace because you hate the way he has exposed the Gardai as corrupt. But I;d hazard a guess that Mick Wallace has done far more for the community he lives in than most of us here will in our lifetimes. Wallace not only founded a football club he also built their stadium for free as well as a huge sporting complex. That football club produced one Kevin Doyle who later went onto score many goals for Ireland. How about you Jack, can you say you founded a football club and helped get hundreds of kids off the street, built them a stadium and faciities from your own pocket and your own time and then produced players good enough to do it for their country at international level? No you can't Jack, but Mick Wallace can and no-one can ever take that away from him
    He sits next to a politician who 20 years ago was sending spliffs in the post to all TD's in an effort to have marijuana legalised. Perhaps Mr. Wallace should start closer to home if he wants to point fingers and moralise about alleged illegal activity.

You conveniently forget to mention that Ming sent every TD in the country a rolled spliff with a note saying who it was from and what his legalisation campaign was about. AFAIR Ming is on record as saying only about 40 or so out of 166 TDs sent him the spliff back. Says alot really, I'd say they were all happy out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Is anyone actually surprised by these allegations?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Go for it.

Are you sitting on the floor because you'll hurt yourself falling off your chair laughing when you read the following :pac:

http://www.thejournal.ie/maurice-mccabe-penalty-points-new-claims-1671562-Sep2014/ Sep 15 1:38 PM

He added that the allegations related to a “significant number” of points being cancelled on spurious grounds, including “no known address” being listed, despite the points pertaining to serving Garda members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Don Kedick wrote: »
    I always thought the gardaí weren't allowed to unleash their weapons.

Only in copper face jacks......

You think? I'm pretty sure that with a short Google search I can find plenty of examples of Gardaí being prosecuted by their colleagues for a range of offences from minor traffic to drug dealing itself without any rodents involved.

Links?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭gene_slackman

When he has all the millions he owes the taxpayer who bailed him and the other developers out maybe he might be worth listening to.

Until then he can sit in his little corner of the Dail in his pink t shirt and talk to himself or his number 1 fan Clare Daly.

Clare Daly who the guards tried to stitch up last year , you take a big risk by speaking up to AGS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭gene_slackman

I'm actually surprised this surprises people.

Conditioning , media has always eulogised the police force in this country , they have a fulltime shill in Paul Williams , to even question the guards and any of their practices was sure to have you labelled a ner do well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

bjork wrote: »
    Are you sitting on the floor because you'll hurt yourself falling off your chair laughing when you read the following :pac:

http://www.thejournal.ie/maurice-mccabe-penalty-points-new-claims-1671562-Sep2014/ Sep 15 1:38 PM

He added that the allegations related to a “significant number” of points being cancelled on spurious grounds, including “no known address” being listed, despite the points pertaining to serving Garda members.

The allegations are not really supportable. For one thing, neither garda personnel records nor relationships are recorded on pulse so the allegations of friends and family being aided cannot be supported by anything but speculation. The law is also misrepresented. A garda need not be in a state car or in an emergency to be exempt, they need only be in the course of their duty. This can include driving a friends car to court if needs be. Wether McCabe deliberately misrepresented the info or was misrepresented for political points is debatable.

In relation to your concerns about garda address issues, the FCPS system is automated and runs off vehicle registration records alone. Undelivered ones are often not followed up. It's a serious flaw in the system and the reason for a lot of tickets not being delivered, and not just to Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

This coming from the politician who blew off two million in tax evasion as if it was nothing? He should examine his own behaviour first before he starts making accusations about other people.

Tax evasion, drug dealing... yea I can see the similarities there buddy...

Clare Daly who the guards tried to stitch up last year , you take a big risk by speaking up to AGS

By forcing her to make an illegal turn and drink whiskey beforehand so her breath smelled of alcohol?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Maybe that 70k that went missing from the evidence locker was used to fund the first shipment?

I can see a badly made TV3 movie about this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Here is one for ye?

Remember a few years ago a female Garda was in the Drugs squad. She went to the President (WTF?) with the claim that when a certain Guard was on an Op ..... it always failed. She brought it to the Attention of everyone she could and no one would listen and then she was dismissed for breaking the chain of command.

That is the country we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What he did may not have been legal, but it was definitely honourable.

We are talking about the same Mick Wallace who also pocketed his workers' pension payments for himself yeah? A disgrace of a man, who seems to have no shortage of gullible fools to defend him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Maybe that 70k that went missing from the evidence locker was used to fund the first shipment?

I can see a badly made TV3 movie about this!

Can we get brendan Gleeson on th ecase. I'd like to see that film

Garda steals evidence money to pay off dealers!

Did the ever find the the thieving Garda or was it just too hard for them to figure out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The law is also misrepresented. A garda need not be in a state car or in an emergency to be exempt, they need only be in the course of their duty. This can include driving a friends car to court if needs be.

That may be legal but it's still farcical. If I'm speeding cos I'm late to work I get points like everyone else. What your saying essentially is it's totally fine for the Garda, and whether it's an emergency and they actually need to speed in part of their duty is irrelevant.

And as for "ah that was me driving the friends car, I was on the way to court sure and thought I might be late" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭chancer12

This coming from the politician who blew off two million in tax evasion as if it was nothing? He should examine his own behaviour first before he starts making accusations about other people.

'attack is the best form of defence', Himself and the Shinners spend their time shouting abuse at anyone and everyone in the 'establishment' to detract from their own antics. He's a tedious little man with little to offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

By forcing her to make an illegal turn and drink whiskey beforehand so her breath smelled of alcohol?

I'd be more concerned that the story was leaked to the media.

• Advertisement

And perhaps by then immediately leaking details of the arrest to the media? What a low life thing to do, people are entitled to their good name rather than members of the force who are supposed to protect the community deciding to squeal to journalists within 10 minutes of arresting a TD on suspected charges

What the Gardai did to Clare Daly in leaking her arrest was a new low. Then again if the Ian Bailey case runs its full course we're in for more new lows when the High Court starts playing those secret tapes from Bandon and Schull Garda station. I bet there are a few crime journalists ****ting themselves right now about how much these tapes are going to reveal collusion between the Gardai and the media in selling the idea that it was defintely Ian Bailey who did the murder. The Gardai were supplying journalists with a constant ream of lies and journalists were printing it. Should make for more high days of drama and more new lows for AGS. A few of Ireland's most well known crime journalists could soon be finding themselves with egg all over their face in a very public manner, fun times ahead indeed=)

bjork wrote: »

Did the ever find the the thieving Garda or was it just too hard for them to figure out?

Which one are you talking about, I think there was several incidences of Gardai stealing money from their own stations, I think I remember Balbriggan station being one for a figure of about €9k but there were defintely a few others.

You've also got that Garda who was caught stealing money from a bank ATM in Blanchardstown recently, he was pulling a trick whereby he asked for €150 and would then only take €100 of it. The machine would pull back in the remaining €50 but due to older technology it would assume it had got the entire €150 back and credit your account for the full amount. I can only assume this Garda heard about this trick from a criminal during the course of his duties and then decided to have a go at it himself. It worked but then he got greedy and did it a further three or four times and suddenly the bank copped it and the reviewed CCTV to catch the Garda stealing money from them. The sum total was something pathetic like €400, a really insignicant amount to steal when you figure out a Garda pension is worth over €1m+, you'd want to be pretty dumb to risk your entire career and a pension pot that will make you a millionaire all over a measly €400. But dumb he was.

nm wrote: »
    That may be legal but it's still farcical. If I'm speeding cos I'm late to work I get points like everyone else. What your saying essentially is it's totally fine for the Garda, and whether it's an emergency and they actually need to speed in part of their duty is irrelevant.

And as for "ah that was me driving the friends car, I was on the way to court sure and thought I might be late" :rolleyes:

May be farcical but it's still the law. It's there for good reason too. In cases where it's being abused GSOc can still investigate with a view to breach of discipline. Incidentally, it's not limited to Gardaí alone.
    h2005 wrote: »
    I'd be more concerned that the story was leaked to the media.
    And perhaps by then immediately leaking details of the arrest to the media? What a low life thing to do, people are entitled to their good name rather than members of the force who are supposed to protect the community deciding to squeal to journalists within 10 minutes of arresting a TD on suspected charges

What the Gardai did to Clare Daly in leaking her arrest was a new low. Then again if the Ian Bailey case runs its full course we're in for more new lows when the High Court starts playing those secret tapes from Bandon and Schull Garda station. I bet there are a few crime journalists ****ting themselves right now about how much these tapes are going to reveal collusion between the Gardai and the media in selling the idea that it was defintely Ian Bailey who did the murder. The Gardai were supplying journalists with a constant ream of lies and journalists were printing it. Should make for more high days of drama and more new lows for AGS. A few of Ireland's most well known crime journalists could soon be finding themselves with egg all over their face in a very public manner, fun times ahead indeed=)

I wasn't aware that any evidence indicating a Garda had leaked the story had been discovered. Have ye a link to it? Or is is yet another thing that is just supposed to be accepted?

EDIT:
    What the Gardai did to Clare Daly in leaking her arrest was a new low.

Sorry, I just have to come back to this. Wasn't Clare Daly one of the TDs to leak the names of thousands of people who had fines cancelled with not a single shred of evidence to indicate any wrongdoing on their part?

I wasn't aware that any evidence indicating a Garda had leaked the story had been discovered. Have ye a link to it? Or is is yet another thing that is just supposed to be accepted?

So the Garda arrest Clare Daly, a TD who has done sterling work in exposing how corrupt the force really is, and then information of her arrest immediately gets into the media. It was so immediate that the Herald were able to print it for their edition. And after all that you expect people to believe that it wasn't the Gardai who leaked this information, all of this despite the fact that reams of copy in the Sunday World and Sindo every single week are based on Garda leak after Garda leak. The Gardai are probably the most leaky institution in this entire State and you expect people to believe that the didn't leak information of Clare Daly's arrest. How naive of you, only a child or a vested interest wouldn't be able to see through that ruse. But of course I know you're going to provide me with evidence to show that the Gardai didn't leak the information, aren't you?

Sorry, I just have to come back to this. Wasn't Clare Daly one of the TDs to leak the names of thousands of people who had fines cancelled with not a single shred of evidence to indicate any wrongdoing on their part?

You'll have no trouble linking me to the names of "thousands of people" that Clare Daly exposed as being part of corrupt Garda practice, I presume this is on the Dail record these thousands of names :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,504 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mick Wallace shouldn't even be allowed in the Dail.
    He is a fraud and a tax cheat as well as being hypocritical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Mick Wallace shouldn't even be allowed in the Dail.
    He is a fraud and a tax cheat as well as being hypocritical.
    Should fit in nicely so, birds of a feather & all that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,504 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Should fit in nicely so, birds of a feather & all that ;)

That's just the point of it all.
    We need to get rid of all these shysters regardless of party.
    Why should these rogues make a living from us?

So the Garda arrest Clare Daly, a TD who has done sterling work in exposing how corrupt the force really is, and then information of her arrest immediately gets into the media. It was so immediate that the Herald were able to print it for their edition. And after all that you expect people to believe that it wasn't the Gardai who leaked this information, all of this despite the fact that reams of copy in the Sunday World and Sindo every single week are based on Garda leak after Garda leak. The Gardai are probably the most leaky institution in this entire State and you expect people to believe that the didn't leak information of Clare Daly's arrest. How naive of you, only a child or a vested interest wouldn't be able to see through that ruse. But of course I know you're going to provide me with evidence to show that the Gardai didn't leak the information, aren't you?

No I won't be trying to prove a negative for you. I doubt you'd believe anything that doesn't suit you.
    You'll have no trouble linking me to the names of "thousands of people" that Clare Daly exposed as being part of corrupt Garda practice, I presume this is on the Dail record these thousands of names :rolleyes:

Like I said, you take what suits you and discard the rest. Perhaps you could indicate what exactly you meant with the " sterling work in exposing how corrupt the force really is" was if not the leaking of 1000s of names of people who had points cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

That's just the point of it all.
    We need to get rid of all these shysters regardless of party.
    Why should these rogues make a living from us?
    Agreed 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Ye can't discuss Mick Wallace without losing yer **** altogether. Ye can try but he has long hair (brain overload!) and doesn't wear a suit (aahggghghghhhhh BOOM head exlodes).

Gards are gas as always

Advertisement