Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TD claims gardaí involved in drugs trade

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Valetta wrote: »
    It was a direct reply to your post, so you gave the context.

Sorry, still don't understand your question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

How many points did Wallace get on his license that time?
    You know, the time the FG MoJ, on live TV, blurted out the gossip given to him by the commissioner...

None. Because there was no offence committed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

None. Because there was no offence committed.

I dont have a clue what you are on about at all at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Dempsey wrote: »
    I think you were playing that tune with the penalty point scandal was first mooted in the Dail

Aside from all the false shock displayed by everyone, which was amusing at best, the legislative and procedural ignorance displayed by almost everyone involved was mind blowing. Then when you look at the blatant disregard for all data protection laws, merely because it suited an agenda, it was evident that everything to do with that "scandal" was going to be lip service.

Pocoyo wrote: »
    I dont have a clue what you are on about at all at this stage.

Not surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Aside from all the false shock displayed by everyone, which was amusing at best, the legislative and procedural ignorance displayed by almost everyone involved was mind blowing. Then when you look at the blatant disregard for all data protection laws, merely because it suited an agenda, it was evident that everything to do with that "scandal" was going to be lip service.

Your agenda is well noted at this stage. I couldnt be arsed talking to you further

You are talking about Alan Shatter's little rant on national TV here, aren't you?

Dempsey wrote: »
    Your agenda is well noted at this stage. I couldnt be arsed talking to you further

I'll do my best to get over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭gene_slackman

I just picked up 2 dozen of apples in the supermarket earlier, and there was 2 bad apples.

In regards to Gardai involved in the drugs trade, you are always going to get the odd bad apple, it's just a part of life. They will eventually be thrown out just like these 2 bad apples here.

FFS

after all the scandal which has emerged in recent years , how anyone can still swallow that cliche ( few bad apples ) is beyond me

• Advertisement

Can't believe the opposition didn't make hay out of this.
    Hadn't even heard this before.

Maybe the opposition have better things to do.;)

People who are stopped for traffic offences and have a smell of alcohol on their breath, then fail to give a roadside sample are regularly cuffed and placed in a cell for hours.

how do you know she failed to comply with roadside requests ?

the bottom line is she was proven to have been nowhere near over the limit

I'll do my best to get over it.

How do you always end up on being on the side of institutions and government at the expense of the weak and public,
    are you aware of the many corruption scandals???

How?

Do you not read the papers?

Are you george hooks biggest fan or whats going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,504 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Maybe the opposition have better things to do.;)

Maybe they're afraid of rocking the boat in case their own stuff is brought up.;)

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Well I think how corrupt AGS actually is has been pretty well establised at this stage. The general public see them that way, maybe you've got the blinkers on but when thousands of Gardai are doing penalty points favours for friends and family then it can hardly be surprising when the general public view them as corrupt. Not only that but there are several deaths as a result of Gardai wiping points, Wallace and Daly read these cases onto the Dail record where Gardai removed numerous points offences from the same licences and the drivers later went on to kill people on our roads. There are familes grieving for deceased loved ones this Christmas as a direct consequence of Garda cirruption. So tbh I don't really care what you think about Mick Wallace or Clare Daly, I don;t agree with their politics but I have huge respect for the superb job they did in exposing a corrupt Garda force that sees innocent civilians lose their lives, You should be proud of them too, as should all Irish people IMO.

For sure, and certain journalists have made entire careers out of the leaks. I reckon its pretty accurate to say that AGS is the most leaky institution in the entire state, with out their leaks the Sunday World would be about four pages long !

Or the Kerry babies scandal or even the unresolved murder of Father Niall Molloy where it seems the Gardai and the DoJ are doing their very best to protect a very high ranking politican from being accused of his murder. The toxic baton of corruption goes on and on with AGS.

disagree with you on one thing

the general public have an unjustifiably possitive view of AGS but this is down to the media endlessly eulogising them down the years and also the fact that most people have little dealings with them

my dealings with them first arrived when i found myself in a relatively small dispute with a blow in to my area ( more than a decade ago ) who happened to have connections high up in the force , he was not a guard himself but could make the guards do everything and anything for him , up to and including making life very difficult for me , the local guards knew he was up to no good but simply took orders from up the chain

same guy drove a northern reg merc and drove without tax , guards ignored these two offenses but that was the least of it

Wallace isn't a whistleblower.

he is someone who gave the whistleblowers a public voice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

FFS

after all the scandal which has emerged in recent years , how anyone can still swallow that cliche ( few bad apples ) is beyond me

Do you honestly think that the majority of Gardai are bad apples ? I tend to differ, most gards are decent and go by the oath they took to 'protect'. Your analogy from your comment seems to say that all of your 12 apples in the bag are bad...in that case you have wasted your comment, because that is never the case in reality.

how do you know she failed to comply with roadside requests ?

the bottom line is she was proven to have been nowhere near over the limit

It was reported at the time. The bottom line is she downed a whiskey before driving and then made an illegal turn in front of a Garda. She then failed to give a roadside sample, although the reason for this was not reported so it may not have been a refusal, and was subsequently arrested and brought to the station to provide a more accurate sample. This is completely normal in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

It was reported at the time. The bottom line is she downed a whiskey before driving and then made an illegal turn in front of a Garda. She then failed to give a roadside sample, although the reason for this was not reported so it may not have been a refusal, and was subsequently arrested and brought to the station to provide a more accurate sample. This is completely normal in every way.
    Is leaking the story completely normal too?

h2005 wrote: »
    Is leaking the story completely normal too?

Yeah, politicians leak stories all the time.

• Advertisement

Yeah, politicians leak stories all the time.

Clare Daly didn't leak the story as well you know.
    Another little smear.:rolleyes:

Clare Daly didn't leak the story as well you know.
    Another little smear.:rolleyes:

How do you know that?

How do you know that?

Can you string a post together thats more than 4 or 5 words please.

How do you know that?

Know what?:confused:

Know what?:confused:

That Clare Daley didn't leak the story of her arrest to the press.

You stated it as fact.

How do you know that?

He doesn't. There is literally zero evidence of who leaked the story. If she had come back over the limit it would be more believeable that the leak came from AGS but the way the story was reported was in no way beneficial to any campaign to discredit her. As it stands, the only person to have befited from the leak was Daly herself because she got to play the persecution card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

He doesn't. There is literally zero evidence of who leaked the story. If she had come back over the limit it would be more believeable that the leak came from AGS but the way the story was reported was in no way beneficial to any campaign to discredit her. As it stands, the only person to have befited from the leak was Daly herself because she got to play the persecution card.

It's much more likely to have been leaked by AGS and picked up in an attempt at a smear on her. But sure you know that already.

nm wrote: »
    It's much more likely to have been leaked by AGS and picked up in an attempt at a smear on her. But sure you know that already.

What smear? That she wasn't drink driving? Ooooh scandalous.

Did Clare Daly leak the story?

It was in the papers the next morning and at that stage she hadn't been 'cleared' of the alleged offence.
    Why would she run to the press if there was a chance she was guilty?

Why didn't the Garda cooperate with the investigation carried out after her complaint to the GOSC?

"GSOC sought copies of Garda reports and statements pertaining to the arrest and detention of a complainant (Clare Daly TD) The request was made in February 2013 and some information was provided. In April, the Garda Síochána sent a letter stating that the requested material was “not relevant” to the admitted complaint and that no documentation from the Garda file was being supplied. GSOC said the information was “clearly and obviously relevant”. It said the refusal took 48 days."

Give up your smearing.

It's quite pathetic really, and people wonder why AGS are losing respect day after day.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

What smear? That she wasn't drink driving? Ooooh scandalous.

attempt
    [uh-tempt] Spell Syllables
    Synonyms Examples Word Origin
    verb (used with object)
    to make an effort at; try; undertake; seek:
    to attempt an impossible task; to attempt to walk six miles.

Advertisement