Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TD claims gardaí involved in drugs trade

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Oh no, the Gardai are colluding with drug dealers.

Kieran Boylan Anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Until now?

It's been brought up in the Dail before by himself and Ming

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/irish-news/officers-linked-to-heroin-dealing-30256807.html

Listen, this is all they've got...witholding evidence and tax evasion.

The point of this is the Gardai , not Wallace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

buck65 wrote: »

Seriously???

You dismiss that as trivial?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

This leaves the legalise drugs people in an awful quandry...

They are pro drugs... but they also hate gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,672 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

what exactly was his attitude to his own misdeeds?

He passed it off with poor excuses and kept his political seat while those people whose livelihoods he ruined saw their businesses go under. I have no time for anyone who fcuks people over like he did, and then he tries to ruin more people's lives by stirring up this kind of shyte?

He sits next to a politician who 20 years ago was sending spliffs in the post to all TD's in an effort to have marijuana legalised. Perhaps Mr. Wallace should start closer to home if he wants to point fingers and moralise about alleged illegal activity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

And for that guy who brought up Wallace's tax evasion? Are you seriously saying that because Wallace evaded tax he can't speak?

That's just the usual tarnish the accuser in a pathetic attempt to belittle them. Sadly most people fall for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

What's this 'we' business? Any Gardaí I know, aren't involved in any alleged criminal activity.

That'd be me, and I'm not suggesting at all that he can't speak. Of course he can. I'm saying that I have no interest in taking his allegations seriously because of his attitude to his own misdeeds in his own past.

are you a cop? if so are you also judge, jury and executioner?

do you not think that it is your job to investigate, provide the evidence gathered and let the judicial system decide who is guilty and what they are guilty of, rather than deciding that you're not going to take an elected official's claims seriously (despite your personal opinion of him)?

(if you're not a cop then i apologies as ive obviously read the post wrong).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he is known locally as Garda Greenthumb

• Registered Users Posts: 23,672 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

are you a cop? if so are you also judge, jury and executioner?

do you not think that it is your job to investigate, provide the evidence gathered and let the judicial system decide who is guilty and what they are guilty of, rather than deciding that you're not going to take an elected official's claims seriously (despite your personal opinion of him)?

(if you're not a cop then i apologies as ive obviously read the post wrong).

Nope, I'm not a Garda, but you're absolutely right that a politician should, if they have any evidence of wrongdoing, present it to the proper authorities, rather than making allegations and trying to stoke up anti-Garda sentiment among the general public.

He passed it off with poor excuses and kept his political seat while those people whose livelihoods he ruined saw their businesses go under. I have no time for anyone who fcuks people over like he did, and then he tries to ruin more people's lives by stirring up this kind of shyte?

He sits next to a politician who 20 years ago was sending spliffs in the post to all TD's in an effort to have marijuana legalised. Perhaps Mr. Wallace should start closer to home if he wants to point fingers and moralise about alleged illegal activity.

Was it not the bank that basically pulled his credit and forced him into liquidation? Thought the 2m tax was used to pay subbies/suppliers etc? Don't think he went out of his way to ****
    anyone over bar the Revenue.

But what about the good work he's done, should we continue to focus on his tax evasion. Also did the Revenue not agree a settlement with him that he is honouring?

• Advertisement

It's true of the drug squad higher ups.

Link or evidence that proves this?

Nope, I'm not a Garda, but you're absolutely right that a politician should, if they have any evidence of wrongdoing, present it to the proper authorities, rather than making allegations and trying to stoke up anti-Garda sentiment among the general public.

it is, as stated a few times in the thread, an ongoing claim thats currently being investigated.

(dont get me wrong, i dont like the guy, he f'd over too many in the past but this isnt about him).

Is this what he's doing? stoking up anti Garda sentiment? And as has been mentioned before he did go to the authorities before.

But hey keep you're head in the clouds, you have obviously made up your mind about this case so don't let any facts get in the way.

Move on.

OP
    Iwannahurl wrote: »
    If Mick Wallace wasn't in trouble before, he might be now.

it is, as stated a few times in the thread, an ongoing claim thats currently being investigated.

(dont get me wrong, i dont like the guy, he f'd over too many in the past but this isnt about him).

:rolleyes:

I'm genuinely interested in hearing more about this, I wasn't aware of it tbh.
    I like the guy but didn't always, saw him speak recently and he changed my mind about him and abou this country.

He should examine his own behaviour first before he starts making accusations about other people.

Why?

Valetta wrote: »
    OP

:rolleyes:

er...what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

And sitting across the Dail from Fiann Fail leader Michael martin who had large sums of developers money lodged into he's wife's account!

er...what?

The opening post was specifically about Mick Wallace.

And sitting across the Dail from Fiann Fail leader Michael martin who had large sums of developers money lodged into he's wife's account!

What's wrong with that?

I've had developers' money lodged into my account on numerous occasions.

• Advertisement

I'm genuinely interested in hearing more about this, I wasn't aware of it tbh.
    I like the guy but didn't always, saw him speak recently and he changed my mind about him and abou this country.

he got out owing a lot of people money in his wake.

now i know he went thru the proper channels and made a deal with revenue in the end but that doesnt excuse him in my eyes. the revenue are the very last people that needs the money in those situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

FGR wrote: »
    So have you reported this to the Ombudsman and/or local Garda Superintendent?

What do I do? Tell the Gardai that a Garda is crooked? They have always looked after their own and until that changes I won't be telling any officials. And the Garda I'm referring to has been suspended before. I don't know exactly why but I live in a fairly small town and plenty of people know what he/she gets up to. The Gardaí must be smart enough to know too but this person is in a high enough position that might frighten the average cop on the street into keeping quiet. And when it comes to drugs where I live nobody tells anyone what they don't need to know.. So unless this particular Garda starts killing people, I'll be keeping quiet. Safer that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

which is exactly what he has done. he gave the information he had to the garda ombudsman. Months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

The Thin White Line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

If only Gerry Ryan was still on the air, then we could have had a phone in about this topic........

GerB40 wrote: »
    What do I do? Tell the Gardai that a Garda is crooked? They have always looked after their own and until that changes I won't be telling any officials. And the Garda I'm referring to has been suspended before. I don't know exactly why but I live in a fairly small town and plenty of people know what he/she gets up to. The Gardaí must be smart enough to know too but this person is in a high enough position that might frighten the average cop on the street into keeping quiet. And when it comes to drugs where I live nobody tells anyone what they don't need to know.. So unless this particular Garda starts killing people, I'll be keeping quiet. Safer that way.

Does the average Garda on the street give a damn?

mikom wrote: »
    If only Gerry Ryan was still on the air, then we could have had a phone in about this topic........

Gerry might have had some evidence himself?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Tax cheat who took from his employees gives out about illegality. What's a disgrace is that this man has not been prosecuted.

He should back these allegations up immediately as if true are very serious and need to be investigated.

Tax cheat who took from his employees gives out about illegality. What's a disgrace is that this man has not been prosecuted.

He should back these allegations up immediately as if true are very serious and need to be investigated.

Read the ****ing thread homes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

OHFFS would you ever actually read the thread before posting. He has passed the info to the garda ombudsman and they are being investigated.

Advertisement