Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TD claims gardaí involved in drugs trade

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭gene_slackman

By forcing her to make an illegal turn and drink whiskey beforehand so her breath smelled of alcohol?

she was arrested on suspicion of being drunk , she was 60% under

do you honestly believe that people who accidently make illegal driving turns are cuffed and placed in a cell for several hours as a matter of course ?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    And perhaps by then immediately leaking details of the arrest to the media? What a low life thing to do, people are entitled to their good name rather than members of the force who are supposed to protect the community deciding to squeal to journalists within 10 minutes of arresting a TD on suspected charges

What the Gardai did to Clare Daly in leaking her arrest was a new low. Then again if the Ian Bailey case runs its full course we're in for more new lows when the High Court starts playing those secret tapes from Bandon and Schull Garda station. I bet there are a few crime journalists ****ting themselves right now about how much these tapes are going to reveal collusion between the Gardai and the media in selling the idea that it was defintely Ian Bailey who did the murder. The Gardai were supplying journalists with a constant ream of lies and journalists were printing it. Should make for more high days of drama and more new lows for AGS. A few of Ireland's most well known crime journalists could soon be finding themselves with egg all over their face in a very public manner, fun times ahead indeed=)

its widely known that AGS has a long standing policy of leaking info to the media in order to slime - discredit certain people

Mick Wallace shouldn't even be allowed in the Dail.
    He is a fraud and a tax cheat as well as being hypocritical.

we have had more than on taoiseach who had a dubious relationship with money

besides , wallace having financial shortcomings doesnt take from the good work he has done in exposing garda malpractice , without him and clare daly ( who,s policies are light years from mine ) , the likes of garda john wilson and garda mc cabe would be in a very lonely place today

i have a brother who is severely autistic and a number of years ago things came to a head , he was making visits to neighbours houses and being a general nuisance , he hurt no one but the guards had to become involved until the HSE got the finger out ( he is not in a care facility and doing great btw ) , the guards used to make regular trips out to the house ( i was residing at my widowed mothers place back then ) but the seargent told my mum the first day that he would only ever travel out in an unmarked car as he knew the matter was sensitive and that she felt bad about the neighbours seeing a squad arrive

never once did he honour his pledge and instead travelled out in a marked car , i spoke to him one day and told him he renagued on the pledge he had made to my mother

a week later i spent four hours in a cell and two in an interview room on a trumped up charge , now their was no follow up or court as i simply picked a spot on the wall and held my tongue for those hours but i learned very clearly that the day you stop tonguing guards rears is the day you invite petty retribution

we have had more than one taoiseach who had a dubious relationship with money

besides , wallace having financial shortcomings doesnt take from the good work he has done in exposing garda malpractice , without him and clare daly ( who,s policies are light years from mine ) , the likes of garda john wilson and garda mc cabe would be in a very lonely place today

i have a brother who is severely autistic and a number of years ago things came to a head , he was making visits to neighbours houses and being a general nuisance , he hurt no one but the guards had to become involved until the HSE got the finger out ( he is now in a care facility and doing great btw ) , the guards used to make regular trips out to the house ( i was residing at my widowed mothers place back then ) but the seargent told my mum the first day that he would only ever travel out in an unmarked car as he knew the matter was sensitive and that she felt bad about the neighbours seeing a squad arrive

never once did he honour his pledge and instead travelled out in a marked car , i spoke to him one day and told him he renagued on the pledge he had made to my mother

a week later i spent four hours in a cell and two in an interview room on a trumped up charge , now their was no follow up or court as i simply picked a spot on the wall and held my tongue for those hours but i learned very clearly that the day you stop tonguing guards rears is the day you invite petty retribution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

do you honestly believe that people who accidently make illegal driving turns are cuffed and placed in a cell for several hours as a matter of course ?

People who are stopped for traffic offences and have a smell of alcohol on their breath, then fail to give a roadside sample are regularly cuffed and placed in a cell for hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Never mind illegal right turns

How about the murder they allegedly* covered up in Cork?

Perverting the course of Justice

*cough cough

• Registered Users Posts: 51,504 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

we have had more than one taoiseach who had a dubious relationship with money

i have a brother who is severely autistic and a number of years ago things came to a head , he was making visits to neighbours houses and being a general nuisance , he hurt no one but the guards had to become involved until the HSE got the finger out ( he is now in a care facility and doing great btw ) , the guards used to make regular trips out to the house ( i was residing at my widowed mothers place back then ) but the seargent told my mum the first day that he would only ever travel out in an unmarked car as he knew the matter was sensitive and that she felt bad about the neighbours seeing a squad arrive

You have my sympathies on that BUT it has nothing to do with my post re Mick Wallace. Mick is a proven tax cheat and fraudster for what he did. He should not qualify to be in the Dail after what he did.
    AND I do know he's not the only one too but they should all be turfed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

In these peoples ideal world this would be the norm.

A police state governed by a gang of 4.

Quick question.
    Does Mick Wallace have a tax clearance cert?

Quick question.
    Does Mick Wallace have a tax clearance cert?

Don't know.
    He does owe us about 2m though so I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

You have my sympathies on that BUT it has nothing to do with my post re Mick Wallace. Mick is a proven tax cheat and fraudster for what he did. He should not qualify to be in the Dail after what he did.
    AND I do know he's not the only one too but they should all be turfed out.

Yet, he's asking the questions that nobody else seems interested in asking or answering other than deflect from the problem with the tax cheat guff. No wonder nothing gets done in this country.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Yet, he's asking the questions that nobody else seems interested in asking or answering other than deflect from the problem with the tax cheat guff. No wonder nothing gets done in this country.

No. It's pot, kettle and black stuff in my opinion.
    I'd much prefer someone with a clear record asking these questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Tax cheat "guff"?

What's that all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I just picked up 2 dozen of apples in the supermarket earlier, and there was 2 bad apples.

In regards to Gardai involved in the drugs trade, you are always going to get the odd bad apple, it's just a part of life. They will eventually be thrown out just like these 2 bad apples here.

Don't know.
    He does owe us about 2m though so I doubt it.

Well, Wallace Construction does.
    AFAIK, he's made an arrangement with revenue and that money is being paid back.
    I could be wrong on that though.
    Mick Wallace is the least of our problems in this place.
    FFail and FG had no problem with Wallace Construction and the likes while the state was raking in the euro's off them.

Pocoyo wrote: »

These guys are utterly corrupt and my view wont change until the service is reformed from the ground up.

Not only a sweeping generalization, but a sexist one to boot.

Well done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Valetta wrote: »

Well done.

Some one is trying very hard to be insulted today. :D

Well done.

The term 'guys' is sexist?
    WTF???:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

No. It's pot, kettle and black stuff in my opinion.
    I'd much prefer someone with a clear record asking these questions.

Try coming back to reality from your idealistic paradise because it aint ever going to happen. You'll comeback with something like we should strive towards it etc etc, real world problems will still need to be dealt with in the mean time. So in the absence of an ideal world I'll ask why, what difference does that actually make?

Sweet fcuk all and you know it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Seems common enough in my experience for some drugs to go missing during hauls/arrests.

Those arrested aren't going to kick up a fuss and say they were in possession of more than they are being charged with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Pocoyo wrote: »

These guys are utterly corrupt and my view wont change until the service is reformed from the ground up.

And, in your view, what does "reform" mean?

Well, Wallace Construction does.
    AFAIK, he's made an arrangement with revenue and that money is being paid back.
    I could be wrong on that though.
    Mick Wallace is the least of our problems in this place.
    FFail and FG had no problem with Wallace Construction and the likes while the state was raking in the euro's off them.

What do you mean they had no problem with them?

Why would they?

Try coming back to reality from your idealistic paradise because it aint ever going to happen. You'll comeback with something like we should strive towards it etc etc, real world problems will still need to be dealt with in the mean time. So in the absence of an ideal world I'll ask why, what difference does that actually make?

Sweet fcuk all and you know it

So you are happy having tax cheats in the Dail pointing out the failures and wrongs of others.
    Would you vote for Bertie if he runs again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Exactly. BUT poacher turned gamekeeper stinks of hypocrisy.

maybe if a few more of them turned into hypocrites we might have more of an idea of the BS they're pulling behind our backs every day of the week.

i dont like wallace and i certainly wouldnt give the guy my vote but this is not about him, he's just a conduit for the real story.

What do you mean they had no problem with them?

Why would they?

You do understand what 'limited' means?
    As in 'xxxxxx company limited'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

DeanAustin wrote: »
    And, in your view, what does "reform" mean?

Open training,A clear out of senior gardai that enabled proven cover ups for other gardai and family member,adequate training in conflict resolution and reporting of crimes etc.

So you are happy having tax cheats in the Dail pointing out the failures and wrongs of others.
    Would you vote for Bertie if he runs again?

Fine Gael, the political party, were found guilty of tax evasion not that long ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Perhaps you could indicate what exactly you meant with the " sterling work in exposing how corrupt the force really is" was if not the leaking of 1000s of names of people who had points cancelled.

Well I think how corrupt AGS actually is has been pretty well establised at this stage. The general public see them that way, maybe you've got the blinkers on but when thousands of Gardai are doing penalty points favours for friends and family then it can hardly be surprising when the general public view them as corrupt. Not only that but there are several deaths as a result of Gardai wiping points, Wallace and Daly read these cases onto the Dail record where Gardai removed numerous points offences from the same licences and the drivers later went on to kill people on our roads. There are familes grieving for deceased loved ones this Christmas as a direct consequence of Garda cirruption. So tbh I don't really care what you think about Mick Wallace or Clare Daly, I don;t agree with their politics but I have huge respect for the superb job they did in exposing a corrupt Garda force that sees innocent civilians lose their lives, You should be proud of them too, as should all Irish people IMO.
    its widely known that AGS has a long standing policy of leaking info to the media in order to slime - discredit certain people

For sure, and certain journalists have made entire careers out of the leaks. I reckon its pretty accurate to say that AGS is the most leaky institution in the entire state, with out their leaks the Sunday World would be about four pages long !
    bjork wrote: »
    Never mind illegal right turns

How about the murder they allegedly* covered up in Cork?

Perverting the course of Justice

*cough cough

Or the Kerry babies scandal or even the unresolved murder of Father Niall Molloy where it seems the Gardai and the DoJ are doing their very best to protect a very high ranking politican from being accused of his murder. The toxic baton of corruption goes on and on with AGS.

Advertisement