Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TD claims gardaí involved in drugs trade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,502 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Fine Gael, the political party, were found guilty of tax evasion not that long ago.

Have you a link to that. I'd be interested in reading it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

So you are happy having tax cheats in the Dail pointing out the failures and wrongs of others.
    Would you vote for Bertie if he runs again?

When you find someone with this magical 'clear record', let us all know because its probably appearing clear because you havent dug deep enough.

I dont mind Mick Wallace at all. He's asking the questions that nobody else is asking and the government trying every trick not to answer. I'd much rather that than someone with a clear record but doesnt know his arse from his elbow.

As for the Bertie strawman argument :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Have you a link to that. I'd be interested in reading it. Thanks

yup, me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Pocoyo wrote: »
    Open training,A clear out of senior gardai that enabled proven cover ups for other gardai and family member,adequate training in conflict resolution and reporting of crimes etc.

That seems half sensible but it doesn't sound like "reform from the ground up" to me or something that would solve the problems of an "utterly corrupt" police force. But maybe that's because your post prior to the above post was a little hyperbolic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

You do understand what 'limited' means?
    As in 'xxxxxx company limited'

That in no way answers my question.

Dempsey wrote: »
    When you find someone with this magical 'clear record', let us all know because its probably appearing clear because you havent dug deep enough.

I dont mind Mick Wallace at all. He's asking the questions that nobody else is asking and the government trying every trick not to answer. I'd much rather that than someone with a clear record but doesnt know his arse from his elbow.

As for the Bertie strawman argument :rolleyes:

Not meant to be a strawman argument at all.
    One chancer is as bad as the next.
    I haven't even read the article because as soon as I saw Wallace's name I stopped reading. I just can't stand his type i.e. people who do wrong and then point out other wrong-doers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Valetta wrote: »

Guy!!! :D

FFS GUY..... :rolleyes: Bahaha im obviously a sexist animal. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

Maybe you could rephrase the question.

While you're at it, maybe you could explain how using the word 'guy' is being sexist?

Not meant to be a strawman argument at all.
    One chancer is as bad as the next.
    I haven't even read the article because as soon as I saw Wallace's name I stopped reading. I just can't stand his type i.e. people who do wrong and then point out other wrong-doers.

Ignoring a problem just because of the person asking has been the policy of governments going back to the inception of the state. Your stance is no better than all those you wish to see turfed out of the dail.

• Advertisement

While you're at it, maybe you could explain how using the word 'guy' is being sexist?

My question was very clear.

My question was very clear.

Not to me.

Maybe you could give it some context?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

Ah sure im a dissident isis terrorist for supporting the protest im a dole sponger even though i work 45 hours a week and now im sexist for using the word guy. :D

This place is gone tail up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Not to me.

Maybe you could give it some context?

It was a direct reply to your post, so you gave the context.

Ignoring a problem just because of the person asking has been the policy of governments going back to the inception of the state. Your stance is no better than all those you wish to see turfed out of the dail.

Rubbish.
    Wallace is a hypocrite and I hate hypocrites.
    Don't like corrupt garda but them being pointed out by a scavenger like Wallace does me no good.

Rubbish.
    Don't like corrupt garda but them being pointed out by a scavenger like Wallace does me no good.

You put your principles before solving a problem. Good for you.

You put your principles before solving a problem. Good for you.

Yeah because the problem was diluted imo by the fact that Wallace was highlighting it. When he pays us back the 2 million I'll read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Muahahaha wrote: »
    thousands of Gardai are doing penalty points favours for friends and family.

Are you for real? I stated that Daly released thousands of names and you said prove it yet you use the exact same claim to back up your view? So to recount your hypocritical view. You think it's a disgrace that Clare Dalys arrest was in the media yet you have no issue with her releasing information on thousands of drivers who have done nothing wrong. glad to clear that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

The faux outrage about Mick Wallace is quite funny. Listen to what's being said, not who's saying it.

I've been saying it for years but a huge inquiry needs to happen with the Gardai. You might say it's only a few bad apples but more and more cases keep coming to light and it's can't be the same few doing it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Rubbish.

That's a strange stance.

If your house was burgled and the stuff sold would you have an issue with the person who bought it telling the Gards who they got it from....or is it restricted to Wallace?

The faux outrage about Mick Wallace is quite funny. Listen to what's being said, not who's saying it.

I've been saying it for years but a huge inquiry needs to happen with the Gardai. You might say it's only a few bad apples but more and more cases keep coming to light and it's can't be the same few doing it all.

The credibility of who's making allegations is critical.

Whether it be Mick Wallace or AboutaWeekAgo.

Yeah because the problem was diluted imo by the fact that Wallace was highlighting it. When he pays us back the 2 million I'll read it.

Thinly veiled small mindedness if you ask me

The guards can go on being corrupt until this dies down and someone besides Wallace starts questioning it. Laughable really.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That's a strange stance.

If your house was burgled and the stuff sold would you have an issue with the person who bought it telling the Gards who they got it from....or is it restricted to Wallace?

Not a fitting analogy.

More like "He's a criminal but i'm a decent criminal".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Thinly veiled small mindedness if you ask me

The guards can go on being corrupt until this dies down and someone besides Wallace starts questioning it. Laughable really.

Alternatively he could present some actual evidence.

Alternatively he could present some actual evidence.

I think you were playing that tune with the penalty point scandal was first mooted in the Dail

Rubbish.

I hope we're not getting into 'attack the whistleblower' territory......

Wallace isn't a whistleblower.

The Whistleblowers have nothing corrupt against them. Wallace has.

• Advertisement

Are you for real? I stated that Daly released thousands of names and you said prove it yet you use the exact same claim to back up your view? So to recount your hypocritical view. You think it's a disgrace that Clare Dalys arrest was in the media yet you have no issue with her releasing information on thousands of drivers who have done nothing wrong. glad to clear that up.

How many points did Wallace get on his license that time?
    You know, the time the FG MoJ, on live TV, blurted out the gossip given to him by the commissioner...

Advertisement