Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TD claims gardaí involved in drugs trade

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Tinkersbell

What smear? That she wasn't drink driving? Ooooh scandalous.

Aren't you a Garda?
    Or is it a nightclub bouncer now?

As Daly herself said of her arrest and the Garda leak to the press at the time,

“The Garda Ombudsman is investigating this matter as a criminal investigation under Section 98 of the Garda Soichana Act 2005. This is a very serious issue. Every citizen is entitled to their good name and to have their privacy respected.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

As Daly herself said of her arrest and the Garda leak to the press at the time,

“The Garda Ombudsman is investigating this matter as a criminal investigation under Section 98 of the Garda Soichana Act 2005. This is a very serious issue. Every citizen is entitled to their good name and to have their privacy respected.”

Just a pity she didn't respect the thousands of peoples details she released re the penalty points debacle. The issues at play here need investigating but she's a prize hypocrite, plus her cosy relationship with the tax cheat doesn't bother her.

Just a pity she didn't respect the thousands of peoples details she released re the penalty points debacle. The issues at play here need investigating but she's a prize hypocrite, plus her cosy relationship with the tax cheat doesn't bother her.

As usual it's attack the whistleblower at all costs.....
    Drag Wallace's company's finances into it.
    Do you want to mention 'the shinners' perhaps?

As usual it's attack the whistleblower at all costs.....

Maybe you could comment on it. You stated her privacy was intruded upon. I find it hypocritical. Do the allegations give her carte blanche to behave as she wants. Your trying to deflect. I have said any allegations against the Gardaí should be investigated. Its pretty clear.

• Advertisement

Maybe you could comment on it. You stated her privacy was intruded upon. I find it hypocritical. Do the allegations give her carte blanche to behave as she wants. Your trying to deflect. I have said any allegations against the Gardaí should be investigated. Its pretty clear.

She read into the Dail record information given to her by a whistleblower on alleged Garda corruption regarding penalty points being wiped.
    Was the list of thousands of names released by her to anyone?

She read into the Dail record information given to her by a whistleblower on alleged Garda corruption regarding penalty points being wiped.

She's whinging about citizens right to privacy which is important, granted but read from the list in an effort to gain political capital instead of just handing it to investigating authorities. She is a hypocrite. End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

I hope we're not getting into 'attack the whistleblower' territory......

Yes, you are not allowed attack the whistleblower unless her name is Mairia Cahill.

Godge wrote: »
    Yes, you are not allowed attack the whistleblower unless her name is Mairia Cahill.

Dissidents are fair game.

You prefer to attack democratically elected TD's and support dissidents with connections to active terrorist groups.

Dissidents are fair game.

You prefer to attack democratically elected TD's and support dissidents with connections to active terrorist groups.

Wow. Amazing double standards.

• Advertisement

Wow. Amazing double standards.

Explain....

Explain....

I would thought its self explanatory. Clare Daly gives out about her privacy being compromised but then lists thousands of private details in the fail instead of handing them to the relevant authorities.

You also think people shouldn't question the motives of whistleblowers/that they should be immune to criticism.......

Except Maria Cahill.... She's fair game.

Now I've explained in simple English.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Their is this evil; this horrible negative evil at the very core of An Garda Síochána. Some members would not be happy with anything short of anarchy; they laugh in the face of bullying, harassment, theft and assault...Unless it is their very own - very own as in full-timer. What they call black-humour is nothing short of disgusting having listened to what would be said in the stations as people approach the hatch; listening to what would be said in the vehicles as they pass people - a horible, negative evil that won't ever be wiped out imo!

A threat was made against me and knowing how unprofessional, unethical and dishonest some members are; I cannot report nor speak to any member. Just would not be worth it from my own experience. A similar threat was made against someone I know and nothing happened for months, until one night they walked out of a late bar with defences well-down; surrounded and beaten. I'd sooner take my chances than report anything to the organisation that call themselves An Garda Síochána. Lost count of the number of times I'd wanted to walk into my local station & report the incident, but my first-hand experience from my time as a Volunteer Garda Reserve has taught me better than to approach or report anything.

The heading of this thread does not surprise me at all.
    In saying the above though, I have met some wonderful, heart-warming members that are just out-numbered. The entire organisation needs a clean-up but won't ever happen in my life-time I'd say.

More evil than good in our Irish Police Force,
    They will always look after their fellow full-timers and the close personal relationships they have with them - that will always take priority over honesty, ethics and professionalism sadly,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I wonder does anyone who ever voted for Mick Wallace sit back and think, why in the name of god did I vote for that eejit?

mfceiling wrote: »
    I wonder does anyone who ever voted for Mick Wallace sit back and think, why in the name of god did I vote for that eejit?

I think most of us at this stage look back at the 2011 GE and think the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Their is this evil; this horrible negative evil at the very core of An Garda Síochána. Some members would not be happy with anything short of anarchy; they laugh in the face of bullying, harassment, theft and assault...Unless it is their very own - very own as in full-timer. What they call black-humour is nothing short of disgusting having listened to what would be said in the stations as people approach the hatch; listening to what would be said in the vehicles as they pass people - a horible, negative evil that won't ever be wiped out imo!

A threat was made against me and knowing how unprofessional, unethical and dishonest some members are; I cannot report nor speak to any member. Just would not be worth it from my own experience. A similar threat was made against someone I know and nothing happened for months, until one night they walked out of a late bar with defences well-down; surrounded and beaten. I'd sooner take my chances than report anything to the organisation that call themselves An Garda Síochána. Lost count of the number of times I'd wanted to walk into my local station & report the incident, but my first-hand experience from my time as a Volunteer Garda Reserve has taught me better than to approach or report anything.

The heading of this thread does not surprise me at all.
    In saying the above though, I have met some wonderful, heart-warming members that are just out-numbered. The entire organisation needs a clean-up but won't ever happen in my life-time I'd say.

More evil than good in our Irish Police Force,
    They will always look after their fellow full-timers and the close personal relationships they have with them - that will always take priority over honesty, ethics and professionalism sadly,
    kerry4sam

That is very sad to read.
    Where were you working in the Garda?
    I live very near the border and have had only one occasion to criticise the Garda members i had dealing with. I found the others very good at their job but this lad had a bad attitude and i had it out with him.
    There seems to be a lot wrong inside the force but i wonder if it's down to poor leadership?
    I was really impressed with their work on the Joe O' Reilly murder case at the time and how they solved it. Also on many other cases they solved which I have read up on.
    I was very fond of the murdered detective Adrian Donohue who i knew through football too. He was a great community worker especially with the youth.

But i suppose you have to take them as you find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

In every other Police force around the world bent coppers are regarded as the lowest of the low.
    In the Garda Siochana however its honest coppers who are regarded as the lowest of the low...and end up with Rats nailed to their doors and their Chief describing them as "disgusting".
    What a bloody sick bizarre country this is :mad:.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

archer22 wrote: »
    In every other Police force around the world bent coppers are regarded as the lowest of the low.
    In the Garda Siochana however its honest coppers who are regarded as the lowest of the low...and end up with Rats nailed to their doors and their Chief describing them as "disgusting".
    What a bloody sick bizarre country this is :mad:.

Just look at the crooks, Bertie ahern and Co that were elected over the years. Fianna fail ****ed over the country and still have morons voting for them!

Why would it be any surprise that the Gardai are there for the taking as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

A lot of people here have high standards for politicians but I'd have to be tortured to agree to their idealogy in this forum. An eye opener

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

They are no different to any other member of the community. Open to the same temptations just as everyone else.

Jockeys, priests, politicians, TV presenters all succumbed to temptation!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Jockeys, priests, politicians, TV presenters all succumbed to temptation!

All four will ride ya given half a chance.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

How come these 'astonishing' allegations are not aired on the Six one news?!
    But yet if Sinn Féin 'fart crooked' the Government and the News is all over it like flies round ****e....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Some Gardai involved in the drugs trade???? How could such a thing be possible (sarcasm)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

disagree with you on one thing

the general public have an unjustifiably possitive view of AGS but this is down to the media endlessly eulogising them down the years and also the fact that most people have little dealings with them

Yeah I'd agree with you on this, the Gardai get almost a free run in the media and it wasn't until recently that a few jouros like Mick Clifford, Gemma Docherty realised how corrupt some Gardai are and began writing about it. But in the main the narritive in the media is that 'the Gardai do a good job' but they never define exactly what a 'good job' is. I doubt the family of murdered Sylvia Roche Kelly feel the Gardai do a good job otherwise they wouldn't be suing them and the State for the murder of their loved one when the killer should have been already locked up on a previous violent assault and attempted rape that Gardai had downgraded to a minor assault on the Pulse system.

Our media also seem to eulogise teachers too, you never see a bad word said against them. Whereas I would tend to think the vast majority of teachers are committed workers there is a small minority of teachers who aren't great but the media never call them out. Also the current dispute with teachers, from what I understand the Dept of Education wanted to replicate the highly successful Finnish system of teachers assessing their own students. Teachers unions don't like this idea as it means more work so they're campaigning against it saying it will never work. Funnily enough though it worked perfectly well in Finland and many other countries have copied that model. But here in Ireland the vested interests throw a spanner in the works and no one in the media is calling them out on it. They do not have childrens best interests at heart, all they care about is their own interests. If they did have childrens interests at heart then they'd just implement the Finnish system in its entirety because all evidence shows us that it works and children benefit hugely from it. But you won't hear any of that in the Irish media, all the do is give time and coverage to people who say it won't work, despite this being a bare faced lie when we already know it can work and has worked very successfully elsewhere.

My guess is it is because if you walk into any staff room in the country you'll see stacks of Indo and Irish Times papers lying about the place, the two main broadsheets aren't going to go writing articles that call out some of the biggest purchasers of their paper.

I'm still waiting for Little CuChullain to link and copy and paste the thousands of names that he said Clare Daly leaked. Not holding my breath though :rolleyes:
    Some Gardai involved in the drugs trade???? How could such a thing be possible (sarcasm)

Whilst on the topic of Gardai dealing drugs does anyone know what the status is of the Kieran Boylan case right now? I think GSOC reopened it, not sure when they are due to report.

ardle1 wrote: »
    How come these 'astonishing' allegations are not aired on the Six one news?!
    But yet if Sinn Féin 'fart crooked' the Government and the News is all over it like flies round ****e....

Because if Paul Reynolds reports on a story like this that's he's career finished.

Every story he ever got, was from he's mates in the Guards leaking him stories.

It would be career suicide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

That is the state broadcaster for ya! Following orders from their political masters.

As long as the Government set the license fee, they will be obeyed by the minions in RTE.

Look at what Fianna fail got away with over the decades and not a whisper out of them at Montrose!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

You could argue that they are remunerated sufficiently to be above corruption but this is Ireland.

I doubt that any guard is directly involved in dealing but some may be turning a blind eye for a handy retainer.

Advertisement