Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Well, I didn't.
    I asked who would we get to chair it.
    Where would we get impartial people to do the job?

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here, because I do think you might be questioning the institutional cover up, but the world is a big place, I'm sure someone can be found that has children's interests at heart.

Will SF agree to it. Not on your Nellie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

A neutral reader would have to say that if she is a dissident republican that she has played the DUP, FG and FF to perfection. It is clear that she is a highly intelligent and articulate person and if she has been wronged then I hope she finds adequate justice and healing.

Which brings us back to one of the main issues.

This case should be dealt with by the proper authorities.

Not by the media,who had their own agenda,and have no mandate to decide who is or is not guilty.

Not any political party,who are interfering in the constitutional role of the judiciary.

Not the individual,unless they are appointed to do so,in a court of law.

And most importantly,not the alleged victim,who should have been advised,by those who supposedly had her best intrerests at heart,to go down the legal route.

Now that the alleged victim has so much support,and can be protected,this option is still wide open.

It has been pointed out many times,the dangers of trial by media,and interference by the state.

I think it would be in everyones interest,if this topic was dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

gladrags wrote: »

The topic of institutional child abuse won't be dropped, and the only people it is in the interests of to drop it are those who cover up - whether in Sinn Fein, the British establishment, the Roman Catholic Church, or any other organisations, and those who shill for them, including on the internet.

I, for one, will not "drop it", and will continue to follow where the evidence leads.

If it reflects badly on Sinn Fein, so be it.

If it reflects on the British establishment, so be it.

If it reflects on the media establishment, so be it.

If it reflects on the Roman Catholic Church or the Church of England, so be it.

And if it reflects on M15 and similar and their obvious 'assets', also, so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Well, I didn't.
    I asked who would we get to chair it.
    Where would we get impartial people to do the job?

There's a very good lawyer in the UK I know of - very impartial and independent, I hear.

HAHAHAHA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Eventually the penny will drop that Cahill supports the mirder of PSNI officers and those **** themselves off over an oppertunistic chance to kick SF will cop on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

I m just out of bed and having my cup of tea. I have been reading last nights posts on this thread and not much change. I was out with the wife in the local last night for a couple of pints and a few people were chatting about this case with the general consensus being GA is not handling it very well. Thats the populist view in my area anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

This is going to permanently damage the Sinn Fein leadership and only their core/cult followers cannot see the writing on the wall.

This will be used by all parties in an effort to attack Sinn Fein/IRA before the next GE. It will also make their already toxic transfers even more toxic and it would be a brave leader ( I'm looking at you Michael Martin) to enter government with them especially if Adams is still leader.

jank wrote: »
    This is going to permanently damage the Sinn Fein leadership and only their core/cult followers cannot see the writing on the wall.

This will be used by all parties in an effort to attack Sinn Fein/IRA before the next GE. It will also make their already toxic transfers even more toxic and it would be a brave leader ( I'm looking at you Michael Martin) to enter government with them especially if Adams is still leader.

I m sure what you say is correct in its own right. Not just MM but for EK as well. the thing is how after all their rhetoric against all the other parties how could any SF leader team up with them. That is of course unless you believe SF can do no wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Nothing to see here , move along now, move along.

Leave Gerry alone. Decent man etc etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Eventually the penny will drop that Cahill supports the mirder of PSNI officers and those **** themselves off over an oppertunistic chance to kick SF will cop on

Like that retard cusack in the sindo this morning?
    The sindo, soft, strong and thoroughly absorbing.
    The bible for a lot on here.

• Advertisement

Just on my last post there. What has been written on here about all parties by their opponents I wonder what their position would be After the next election if SF go in to coalition with either FF or FG. SF leader either Tainaiste or even Taoiseach. Would any posters positions change towards the other parties then?. Maybe this should be a new thread?

Absolutely not.
    Keep it up there, front and centre.
    Let the public make their own mind up about the gutter journalism that influences them.

Absolutely not.
    Keep it up there, front and centre.
    Let the public make their own mind up about the gutter journalism that influences them.

Are you implying that the press is not impartial there Fr. Surely not?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Eamondomc wrote: »
    I m sure what you say is correct in its own right. Not just MM but for EK as well. the thing is how after all their rhetoric against all the other parties how could any SF leader team up with them. That is of course unless you believe SF can do no wrong?

If either Ff or Fg need a coalition with SF to get into Government, you can be sure it will happen.

Morals go out the window when it comes to getting on the gravy train again!

Are you implying that the press is not impartial there Fr. Surely not?

I'm stating as fact that the sindo and the 'independent news and media' group has and always had an anti-SF agenda, cusack in particular has been constantly lying about SF and indeed, the paper had to apologise to Adams twice last week because of lies printed about him.

http://www.presscouncil.ie/decided-by-press-ombudsman/mr-gerry-adams-td-and-the-sunday-independent-.2430.html

http://www.presscouncil.ie/decided-by-press-ombudsman/mr-gerry-adams-td-and-the-irish-independent.2427.html

I'm stating as fact that the sindo and the 'independent news and media' group has and always had an anti-SF agenda, cusack in particular has been constantly lying about SF and indeed, the paper had to apologise to him twice last week because of lies printed about him.

Yes reading cusack its obvious he has prejudices. But doesent mean all his stuff is lies. The truth hurts sometimes too.

Yes reading cusack its obvious he has prejudices. But doesent mean all his stuff is lies. The truth hurts sometimes too.

The sindo and the truth??
    Two words that don't belong in the same sentence.
    That paper is like the boy who cried wolf. Nobody, apart from people with a warped view on the world, take it seriously.
    Would it surprise you to learn that it was that rag organising all Cahill's meetings and press statements in the last week?
    How come they never mentioned her dissident connections?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Please put pressure on your party leadership
    "your party"? If I vote for them they are "my party"?

GA yesterday claimed that this case was being used to "demonise sinn fein and republicans throught Ireland". I think that is a bit rich of him. Not all Republicans are or have ever been SF or PIRA supporters. Trying to tie this case in to all republicanism is propoganda. Does he think SF are the only republican voice on this island?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

GA yesterday claimed that this case was being used to "demonise sinn fein and republicans throught Ireland". I think that is a bit rich of him. Not all Republicans are or have ever been SF or PIRA supporters. Trying to tie this case in to all republicanism is propoganda. Does he think SF are the only republican voice on this island?

And does he believe that Mairia Cahill isn't a republican / that people don't recognise that she's a republican? Standard casual assumption of ownership of an ideology by the Shinners. This arrogance hasn't been working well for them in Belfast or Derry already - witness the erosion of their local vote in Andytown and Derry, and their desperate attempt to paint all outside their camp as 'dissidents' 'endangering the peace process'.

• Advertisement

The sindo and the truth??
    Two words that don't belong in the same sentence.
    That paper is like the boy who cried wolf. Nobody, apart from people with a warped view on the world, take it seriously.
    Would it surprise you to learn that it was that rag organising all Cahill's meetings and press statements in the last week?
    How come they never mentioned her dissident connections?

Ok i get that. But are you by highlighting her connections trying to discredit her? Is that your agenda now Fr?.

Ok i get that. But are you by highlighting her connections trying to discredit her? Is that your agenda now Fr?.

I've no agenda eamo.
    This pathetic little country failed the victims of child abuse and rape for decades.
    Playing politics with this, after all we've seen really isn't a good idea.
    It really seems to suit the establishment though. Demonise one party in order to deflect from your own failings seems to be the order of the day.

I've no agenda eamo.
    This pathetic little country failed the victims of child abuse and rape for decades.
    It really seems to suit the establishment though. Demonise one party in order to deflect from your own failings seems to be the order of the day.

'Playing Politics' on this was instigated by SF's institutional response to her rape. The die was cast from that moment on.

I honestly didn't know anything of Maria Cahill's connections to the RNU and that group's connections to dissident terrorists until it was pointed out here last night.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.republicanunity.org%2F&ei=0L9MVJCeD-jX7QbmlYCoDg&usg=AFQjCNGkaufKXyNfWcoiqdgc1jRdzfl-hw

I thank boards.ie for being of great service to us all.

I've no agenda eamo.

Pathetic little country, and playing politics with sex abuse. First of all to call My and all other Irish citizens country pathetic is a slur on all the citizens and i take strong exception to that statement. Secondly SF have been playing politics with sex abuse victims and cases for decades.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

raymon wrote: »
    Nothing to see here , move along now, move along.

Leave Gerry alone. Decent man etc etc etc

And youse are damaging the peace process, and are anti-republican

Pathetic little country, and playing politics with sex abuse. First of all to call My and all other Irish citizens country pathetic is a slur on all the citizens and i take strong exception to that statement. Secondly SF have been playing politics with sex abuse victims and cases for decades.

Whatever, eamo.
    Sure we're a great little place altogether, 50 years of sexual abuse of kids under successive FFail and FG governments in a supposed democratic republic pales into insignificance when compared to the PIRA's attempts to deal with the subject in a part of the country with a police force that no Catholic or nationalist could trust.

There's not really a lot more to say on this subject now.
    It's been exposed for what it is.
    Dissidents (of the republican kind) being given free reign in Leinster House.
    I really have seen it all now.

edit: I've emailed the Sunday Independent to ask why the important facts raised here regarding Cahill's background weren't addressed by them.
    I'll let you know any response I get.

Whatever, eamo.
    Sure we're a great little place altogether, 50 years of sexual abuse of kids under successive FFail and FG governments in a supposed democratic republic pales into insignificance when compared to the PIRA's attempts to deal with the subject in a part of the country with a police force that no Catholic or nationalist could trust.

Roll out the whataboutery.

It's worth noting that there will be another 50 years of sexual abuse of kids, under whatever shade of governments we have - including any involving SF. None of which excuses SF, Adams, or any other parties to their responsibilities in this specific litany of self-professed 'mistakes'.

• Advertisement

There's not really a lot more to say on this subject now.

I suspect you're more than a bit wrong in that regard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement