Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options
1515253545557»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Whatever, eamo.
    Sure we're a great little place altogether, 50 years of sexual abuse of kids under successive FFail and FG governments in a supposed democratic republic pales into insignificance when compared to the PIRA's attempts to deal with the subject in a part of the country with a police force that no Catholic or nationalist could trust.

Fr Ned you really must get out and about with neighbours and friends and begin to enjoy life. Because if you think this country is pathetic you must bi in a cocoon somewhere. Sure FF FG and RC church were diabolical in sex cases. but to tar the whole country with this is a sad reflection on all citizens and wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Eamondomc wrote: »
    Fr Ned you really must get out and about with neighbours and friends and begin to enjoy life. Because if you think this country is pathetic you must bi in a cocoon somewhere. Sure FF FG and RC church were diabolical in sex cases. but to tar the whole country with this is a sad reflection on all citizens and wrong.

Well eamo, that comment was used in the context of how this country deals with sex abuse.
    If you want to take anything else from it, that's up to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

There's not really a lot more to say on this subject now.
    It's been exposed for what it is.
    Dissidents being given free reign in Leinster House.
    I really have seen it all now.

edit: I've emailed the Sunday Independent to ask why the important facts raised here regarding Cahill's background weren't addressed by them.
    I'll let you know any response I get.
    Dissidents have always been given free rein in leinster house.
    In some places not too far away from us they were shot or expelled

Eamondomc wrote: »
    Dissidents have always been given free rein in leinster house.
    In some places not too far away from us they were shot or expelled

:rolleyes:
    Bottom of the barrel stuff now eamo.
    Dissident republican's have always been given free reign in Leinster house?
    Really?
    The ones continuing the armed struggle, the ones running drug gangs, the ones who refuse to recognise either the PSNI or the Gardai have always been welcomed with open arms in Leinster house?
    Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Like that retard cusack in the sindo this morning?
    The sindo, soft, strong and thoroughly absorbing.
    The bible for a lot on here.

Wrong on so many levels

Reported.

• Advertisement

Wrong on so many levels

Reported.

You do know what the word (verb) retard means don't you?
    Here, let me help you out..

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CFwQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oxforddictionaries.com%2Fdefinition%2Fenglish%2Fretard&ei=S8dMVPqsGNHQ7AbJ0oDYCw&usg=AFQjCNHtwtbU44ZNe-sjlEjd5lTFT6eK-Q

delay, slow down, slow up, hold back, set back, keep back, hold up, postpone, put back, detain, decelerate, put a brake on;
    hinder, hamper, obstruct, inhibit, impede, handicap, hamstring, curb, check, restrain, restrict, arrest, interfere with, interrupt, encumber, clog
    British informal throw a spanner in the works of
    North American informal throw a monkey wrench in the works of
    literary stay, trammel, cumber
    View synonyms

Reported?? LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

hmm.
    A person who has a mental disability (often used as a general term of abuse).

Sounds like an offensive and abusive post to me, Ms. Ned.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

But it's all about context and even a blind dog can see the context that you used it in.

But it's all about context and even a blind dog can see the context that you used it in.

In my opinion Jim Cusack is retarded in his thinking and his writing.

That's the context.

If you take it a different way that says more about you than me.
    Report away.

If you take it a different way that says more about you than me.
    Report away.

Why would anyone need to 'take it a different way' to recognise the offensive and abusive nature of the post?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

nuac wrote: »
    And youse are damaging the peace process, and are anti-republican
    No, that'd be Cahill who is anti-peace process and anti-SF.

Wrong on so many levels

Reported.
    Hahahaha, with all the stuff allowed against Gerry Adams, do you think calling a journo a retard is going to draw gasps from the moderators?

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Hahahaha, with all the stuff allowed against Gerry Adams, do you think calling a journo a retard is going to draw gasps from the moderators?

We'll wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

I had also reported. Cannot think of any justification for using that word.

Adams is, unsurprisingly, being called on what he's actually implicated in. Not on any suggested mental impairment.

No, that'd be Cahill who is anti-peace process and anti-SF.

Remind me again, how the peace process is reliant on SF brushing rapes and sex offender parish transfers under the carpet?

MouseTail wrote: »
    I had also reported. Cannot think of any justification for using that word.

You don't think a journalist with a long reputation in trying to undermine one of the main players in the peace process is retarded in his thinking?

alastair wrote: »
    Adams is, unsurprisingly, being called on what he's actually implicated in. Not on any suggested mental impairment.
    Ah, so we're back to allegation equals truth I see.
    So if I allege a journo is mentally impaired, why isn't this automatically the truth also?

Isn't it quite pathetic what the anti-SF crew will jump on to deflect from what's happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Reading Cusack's story in the Indo today, it's the usual Sunday Independent tactic of using a misleading headline to spin their version of events.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/sinn-fein-leader-gerry-adams-slur-on-our-murdered-boy-30693492.html

The article says that Adams says there “was no republican involvement whatsoever in this man’s murder. The people involved are criminals… this is linked to fuel-smuggling and to criminal activity”. This statement by Adams doesn't imply that the victim was a criminal, but that the perpetrators were.

In the video, the parents of the victim say that a Conor Murphy said that Paul Quinn was a criminal murdered by criminals. They want Adams to tell Murphy to withdraw his remarks.

The article doesn't support the headline "Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams' slur on our murdered boy".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

The 'partisan' contributors to politics.ie want to make an association between GA and the IRA relevant to the discussion and how that former association may be influencing his responses but refuse to countenance any political connections the person making allegations may have and how they may be influencing her.
    Shades of the discredited (for the same reasons these current allegations may be) Boston Tapes discussions.
    'We want to be able to throw dirt unfettered by proof and the purity of the motivation and intent of the 'alligators'.

You don't think a journalist with a long reputation in trying to undermine one of the main players in the peace process is retarded in his thinking?

He disagrees with SF policy or strategy? Can't see how that equates with mental impairment. Can see how such a claim is offensive though.

Remind me again, how the peace process is reliant on SF brushing rapes and sex offender parish transfers under the carpet?
    You seem very confused here.
    About the only person in this whole show who has a record of being anti-peace process is Cahill. SF haven't mentioned it once in relation to this case, even though it is an obvious trial by media with Enda and Micheal only jumping in for the political PR.

Reading Cusack's story in the Indo today, it's the usual Sunday Independent tactic of using a misleading headline to spin their version of events.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/sinn-fein-leader-gerry-adams-slur-on-our-murdered-boy-30693492.html

The article says that Adams says there “was no republican involvement whatsoever in this man’s murder. The people involved are criminals… this is linked to fuel-smuggling and to criminal activity”. This statement by Adams doesn't imply that the victim was a criminal, but that the perpetrators were.

In the video, the parents of the victim say that a Conor Murphy said that Paul Quinn was a criminal murdered by criminals. They want Adams to tell Murphy to withdraw his remarks.

The article doesn't support the headline "Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams' slur on our murdered boy".

It's sindo spin, gobbled up by plenty.
    And then they try and tell us that cusack isn't retarded in his views on SF.
    Laughable.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    The 'partisan' contributors to politics.ie want to make an association between GA and the IRA relevant to the discussion and how that former association may be influencing his responses but refuse to countenance any political connections the person making allegations may have and how they may be influencing her.
    Shades of the discredited (for the same reasons these current allegations may be) Boston Tapes discussions.
    'We want to be able to throw dirt unfettered by proof and the purity of the motivation and intent of the 'alligators'.

Normal thinking people can see through it though, hence the panic....

Adams had responsibility for both the IRA and for SF's response to Cahill's rape, and their subsequent treatment of it. That she was inside the SF tent at the time, and is now outside it, doesn't have any bearing on the matter. And I must have missed to point where the Boston tapes were 'discredited'.

You seem very confused here.
    About the only person in this whole show who has a record of being anti-peace process is Cahill. SF haven't mentioned it once in relation to this case, even though it is an obvious trial by media with Enda and Micheal only jumping in for the political PR.

I wasn't aware the issue had anything to do with the peace process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

That she was inside the SF tent at the time, and is now outside it, doesn't have any bearing on the matter.

For you it doesn't...which is as it always is, very handy.

For you it doesn't...which is as it always is, very handy.

Given that I'm an outside observer to the issue playing out, that's hardly got anything to do with the point I'm making. You'll have to try much harder, if you want to conflate the issue with any other political considerations. This isn't about the peace process, dissidents, FG, FF, or anything other than the actual parties involved at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Thread closed, await
    ing review.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement