Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

A neutral reader would have to say that if she is a dissident republican that she has played the DUP, FG and FF to perfection. It is clear that she is a highly intelligent and articulate person and if she has been wronged then I hope she finds adequate justice and healing.
    I'm having a hard time working out what this "justice" would actually be though. The dissident republican group she is in don't recognise the Gardaí or PSNI.
    Does anybody know what she wants or expects out of all this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Yes of course and she should receive justice through the proper channels. Why has this not happened? Why did it get so close to trial and then collapse?

She pulled her evidence.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    She refused justice through the courts for her alleged rapist.

Just so we're clear: everyone who has ever refused to go to the police in Northern Ireland has "refused justice"?

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Just so we're clear: everyone who has ever refused to go to the police in Northern Ireland has "refused justice"?

If you say so.
    I said she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    And they would view yours as the bleatings of a dissident republican supporter and enemy of the peace process.
    "a neutral reading"... we're back to "no true Scotsman" I see.

:shakes head. I'm a dissident republican supporter now? Jesus Christ. Do you not see what you are doing. You are now jumping on the fact that the rape victim may have been a dissident to forward your agenda. Do you not see how this undermines your argument? I actually agree with a lot of the points that have been made by your side and you have completely alienated me with your attitude. Luckily for Sinn Fein there are much cleverer people than you and Fr. Ned and the other "automatic likers" arguing their case. Cos you guys are dong them no favours at all.

• Advertisement

Well she certainly did in that instance for some as yet mysterious (and mysteriously undisclosed) reason.
    BTW she had already gone to the police. This was during the court case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Eh I think you will find that it was pursued only for the plug to be pulled at the last minute. Was always going to have a strange twist. Rabbit in the headlights moment for some people

bajer101 wrote: »
    :shakes head. I'm a dissident republican supporter now? Jesus Christ.
    Well if I'm a member of a cult for being suspicious of Cahill's motives and her supporters' agenda, yeah, sure, why not.
    Or can you only dish out and not take any?

If you say so.
    I said she did.
    Question not answered.
    Well she certainly did in that instance for some as yet mysterious (and mysteriously undisclosed) reason.
    BTW she had already gone to the police. This was during the court case.
    Question not answered.
    Eh I think you will find that it was pursued only for the plug to be pulled at the last minute. Was always going to have a strange twist. Rabbit in the headlights moment for some people
    Question not answered.

Quelle surprise.

Luckily for Sinn Fein there are much cleverer people than you and Fr. Ned and the other "automatic likers" arguing their case. Cos you guys are dong them no favours at all.
    And there are many many many many many many much much much much cleverer people than you out there too mate. Just about all of them by a country mile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Question not answered.

Question not answered.

Question not answered.

Quelle surprise.

Well you will have to ask a coherent question then

Well you will have to ask a coherent question then

The question was in plain English. If you want, I can dumb it down for you.

Question not answered.

Question not answered.

Question not answered.

Quelle surprise.
    Couldn't handle answer.
    Couldn't handle answer.
    Couldn't handle answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Well of course it is. It's at the very core of the question.

No its not, well not for most people who have little interest in the various spats and splinter groups.
    The core question is where are the child abusers that the IRA expelled to the south? Will SF, as is their legislative duty under Children First disclose what they know?

The question was in plain English. If you want, I can dumb it down for you.
    I doubt if you could make your questions any more dumb, but go on then, fire away.

MouseTail wrote: »
    The core question is where are the child abusers that the IRA expelled to the south?
    Makes you wonder why the Taoiseach is meeting a rape victim if this case is all about pedophiles?

I doubt if you could make your questions any more dumb, but go on then, fire away.

Have you actually posted anything whatsoever to this thread that wasn't either an insult aimed at another poster or continual slut-shaming in an attempt to desperately distract unwanted attention from the woes of a party that, bizarrely, you claim not to support?

Makes you wonder why the Taoiseach is meeting a rape victim if this case is all about pedophiles?

How hard did you have to work at forgetting that the rape victim was a child when she was raped?

Have you actually posted anything whatsoever to this thread that wasn't either an insult aimed at another poster or continual slut-shaming in an attempt to desperately distract unwanted attention from the woes of a party that, bizarrely, you claim not to support?
    Doesn't know what slut-shaming is. Look it up and get back to us.
    Imagines he read me say I didn't ever support SF.
    I'll play a little game with you. You quote an "insult" from me and I'll find you one at least as bad that nothing's been done about. Deal?

:shakes head. I'm a dissident republican supporter now? Jesus Christ. Do you not see what you are doing. You are now jumping on the fact that the rape victim may have been a dissident to forward your agenda. Do you not see how this undermines your argument? I actually agree with a lot of the points that have been made by your side and you have completely alienated me with your attitude. Luckily for Sinn Fein there are much cleverer people than you and Fr. Ned and the other "automatic likers" arguing their case. Cos you guys are dong them no favours at all.

You're starting point is that she was raped, no question about it.
    This very point has not been proven.
    There is no conviction, and even though she had her alleged attacker in court, she refused to testify.
    You are now taking the word of a supposed dissident republican as Gospel.
    I'm not so sure now, even though during the week I wouldn't have questioned her allegation.

• Advertisement

How hard did you have to work at forgetting that the rape victim was a child when she was raped?
    And yet there were no pedophila charges brought.
    I guess they must have "forgotten" to do that?

Doesn't know what slut-shaming is. Look it up and get back to us.
    http://ansionnachfionn.com/2014/10/24/slut-shaming-mairia-cahill-is-not-a-republican-response/

Believe me, I know slut-shaming when I see it - and the hundreds of posts on this and the other thread trying to heap opprobrium on a rape victim are textbook slut-shaming.

Not that I'd expect the slut-shamer in chief to admit that that's what he's doing.
    Imagines he read me say I didn't ever support SF.
    Maybe I mixed you up with another slut-shamer who claimed repeatedly not to be a republican. There's quite the little cadre of you flinging muck at a rape victim over the past few days; I'll be honest and say that it's getting hard to tell you all apart.
    I'll play a little game with you.
    No interest in playing games with a slut-shamer, sorry.

[QUOTE=MouseTail;92765107

The core question is where are the child abusers that the IRA expelled to the south? Will SF, as is their legislative duty under Children First disclose what they know?[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope so.
    Child abusers should be jailed for life with no parole.
    Personally, I'd have the death sentence for anyone who rapes a child, but that's another matter.

the woes of a party that, bizarrely, you claim not to support?
    The "woes" of a party that, bizarrely, haven't lost any public support since this whole thing kicked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

And yet there were no pedophila charges brought.
    I guess they must have "forgotten" to do that?

What exactly are pedophilia (sic) charges? Charges were brought against the rapist in question.

Technically and legally in the UK she wasn't.
    Jesus lads, get the facts straight before you post.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

The "woes" of a party that, bizarrely, haven't lost any public support since this whole thing kicked off.

Heh. Now there's some serious denial.

http://ansionnachfionn.com/2014/10/24/slut-shaming-mairia-cahill-is-not-a-republican-response/

Believe me, I know slut-shaming when I see it - and the hundreds of posts on this and the other thread trying to heap opprobrium on a rape victim are textbook slut-shaming.

Not that I'd expect the slut-shamer in chief to admit that that's what he's doing. Maybe I mixed you up with another slut-shamer who claimed repeatedly not to be a republican. There's quite the little cadre of you flinging muck at a rape victim over the past few days; I'll be honest and say that it's getting hard to tell you all apart. No interest in playing games with a slut-shamer, sorry.
    Still doesn't know what a slut-shamer is.
    Thinks if he uses the word a lot nobody will notice he's talking illogical waffle.
    Doesn't play games translates as "you got me there son..."

alastair wrote: »
    What exactly are pedophilia (sic) charges? Charges were brought against the rapist in question.
    Were charges of having sex with a minor brought or not?

• Advertisement

Technically and legally in the UK she wasn't.

I can't stomach much more of this. She's lying about the rape, and even if she isn't, sure she was 16 so it was grand, and even if she's not lying about the rape, she's lying about everything else because Gerry says she was, and Gerry is the only politician in the history of politics who has never lied about anything.

I don't know how some of you people can look in the mirror, frankly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement