Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Crap on Adams, Mod Warning in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

bajer101 wrote: »
    This is not car thieves we're talking about. The difference here is the possibility that sex offenders and child abusers were expelled. This will draw inevitable parallels to the Catholic Church moving abusers around.

"Mary Lou McDonald knows this more than most. Back in May 2012, after further revelations of the failure of then Cardinal Sean Brady to pass on information about paedophile priest Brendan Smyth, McDonald described his position as “not tenable”."

http://www.irishexaminer.com/analysis/sinn-fein-young-guns-spin-a-past-thats-not-theirs-292265.html
    If rapists were expelled it is dishonest to say it is the same as with the church. they set people up and protected them, the IRA threw people out of the communities were they had influence and threatened them with death if they should return. Hardly the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    You're damn right there, and to think mehole and kenny allowed themselves get caught up in it.

You're still blatantly ignoring the facts of what happened, some of which Adams himself acknowledged, and picking and choosing what questions to answer when put you.

For reasons I've no idea, be they delusional or just a basic issue with comprehension.

I wish I could say it was an entertaining, challenging and thought provoking debate, but I won't do an Adams on it and not be truthful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

MouseTail wrote: »
    All I am seeing is a smear campaign, and a peoples front of Judea. Most importantly I am seeing the cover up of child sex abuse, and moving perpetrators to the South. Everything else is just thrown by SF to distract from this.

Kenny and Martin are leaders of organisations who covered up widespread sexual abuse,for decades.

The abusers were given a holiday,and abused.

Then they reabused.

Fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

I asked you do you still take her word on that meeting if it's shown that she's a member, a highly placed member at that, of the RNU, with the obvious agenda that group has.

There's tail chasing going on ok......

What do her politics have to do with her being raped and sexually abused?

SF/IRA only see things through a prism of political motivation. If you don't agree with them your are either dissident republicans, unionists or West Brits. They don't understand that people have other motivations.

How does Gerry Adams know that sex abusers and rapists were expelled from Northern Ireland? Because someone that knows the details told him. Why can't he get the details from them and give it to the police? Because he doesn't want to and is protecting senior people in the Republican movement is one possible interpretation.

If rapists were expelled....

Was Gerry telling a lie when he said that rapists and sex abusers were expelled?

We won't be able to believe another word out of his mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

If rapists were expelled it is dishonest to say it is the same as with the church. they set people up and protected them, the IRA threw people out of the communities were they had influence and threatened them with death if they should return. Hardly the same!
    That was the ones they didn't just shoot.
    Funny how nobody wants to talk about those punishments the IRA was dealing out to child sex offenders. Are the SF smear campaigners opposed to shooting pedophiles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

ThisRegard wrote: »
    You're still blatantly ignoring the facts of what happened, some of which Adams himself acknowledged, and picking and choosing what questions to answer when put you.

For reasons I've no idea, be they delusional or just a basic issue with comprehension.

I wish I could say it was an entertaining, challenging and thought provoking debate, but I won't do an Adams on it and not be truthful.

Look.
    If it's proven that she's a member of a group intent on destroying the peace process it changes the whole dynamic of the claims she's made.
    If you can't, or won't, acknowledge that then it's yourself who's becoming delusional and having problems with comprehension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Random. No reason why it's "not wise" provided.
    Just because she was probably raped doesn't automatically absolve her of any and every action for the rest of her life.

If you don't understand why it's a bad tactic to try and undermine a rape victim, then I don't know what to tell you!

Godge wrote: »
    Was Gerry telling a lie when he said that rapists and sex abusers were expelled?

Weak. You are getting increasingly shrill as this whole smear starts to fall to tatters.

SF/IRA only see things through a prism of political motivation. If you don't agree with them your are either dissident republicans, unionists or West Brits. They don't understand that people have other motivations.

How does Gerry Adams know that sex abusers and rapists were expelled from Northern Ireland? Because someone that knows the details told him. Why can't he get the details from them and give it to the police? Because he doesn't want to and is protecting senior people in the Republican movement is one possible interpretation.
    Her politics are important because of her attitude towards the police. It might also go towards explaining why she is allowing herself to be used by those with an anti sinn fein agenda.

She was a senior member of a dissident group with ties to armed organizations which have carried out numerous attacks. You dont think this is relevant?

• Advertisement

ROTFL.
    You don't anyway.

Quick question for ya, Are you now supporting alleged dissidents?

Personally I dont care what Adams has said or did.

If you don't understand why it's a bad tactic to try and undermine a rape victim, then I don't know what to tell you!
    If you don't know then I won't tell you... has this ever meant anything other than "****ed if I can answer that"?
    I never once undermined her credibility on her rape BTW, so jog on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Did they not set Liam Adams up as a Youth Worker?

You see, there you go again.
    She alleged she was raped.
    She pulled out of the trial.

ROTFL.
    You don't anyway.

Quick question for ya, Are you now supporting alleged dissidents?
    Enemy of my enemy and all that.
    Strange bedfellows though.

MouseTail wrote: »
    Did they not set Liam Adams up as a Youth Worker?

I thought that it was Sinn Fein, not the IRA who set up Liam Adams as a Youth worker. He was nearly a council candidate for them as well.

Of course the group she's allegedly involved with matters FFS.
    The whole thing has been about allegations.
    Nobody was found guilty of her alleged rape.
    Nobody was found guilty of being involved in a 'kangaroo court'.
    Since the Republic of Ireland only established a sex offenders register in 2001, I'll assume you will also be demanding that Enda Kenny locate all sex offenders in the 26 counties from the last 50 years or so?

You all seem to be missing the point here. This is not about Enda or MM using Cahill for their own ends. This is not about whether or not Cahill has an axe to grind. You are all so busy with the whataboutery and muck raking that you are missing the optics. You can be guaranteed that Gerry, Mary Lou and Pearse aren't missing it though. Sex offenders and child abusers not being brought to justice, but instead being let loose in the South will see SF popularity plummet. I suspect that SF voters in the south would rather that these offenders were shot rather than expelled.

And another thing.
    Neither the big bad Sinn Fein party or their monster of a leader have mentioned that Maria Cahill is supposedly a member of a group closely linked to dissident republicans.
    Just remember that.

Now Godge, hold your board.ie based smear campaign horses for just one second.
    Let's talk about the wider public perception.
    Do you think the fact that Cahill had a senior role in a dissident republican organisation opposed to the peace process and denying the legitimacy of all police forces on the island will aid or damage her case in the public's eye?
    Will it aid or damage Enda's case against Sinn Fein?

It certainly won't change how you think, but you honestly can't see how this will change how some people will look at this case?

• Advertisement

Her politics are important because of her attitude towards the police. It might also go towards explaining why she is allowing herself to be used by those with an anti sinn fein agenda.

She was a senior member of a dissident group with ties to armed organizations which have carried out numerous attacks. You dont think this is relevant?

Equally she may have joined a dissident republican group because she was a republican and she hated the way the SF/IRA machine treated her and let her abuser go free. I mean she could hardly join the DUP as a republican?

I really don't see the relevance except if in some way it is being used to smear her.

I thought that it was Sinn Fein, not the IRA who set up Liam Adams as a Youth worker. He was nearly a council candidate for them as well.

So Godge, Are you still supporting someone who is allegedly a member of a group with close links to dissident terrorists?
    If that turns out to be the case will you still give her your 100% backing?
    A simple yes or no will suffice.

Sex offenders and child abusers not being brought to justice
    In this case, the abused does not recognise any of the law enforcement agencies in the 32 counties.
    What justice would satisfy can we ask? She seemingly also did not want the bullet justice option given to her by the IRA.

Equally she may have joined a dissident republican group because she was a republican and she hated the way the SF/IRA machine treated her and let her abuser go free. I mean she could hardly join the DUP as a republican?

I really don't see the relevance except if in some way it is being used to smear her.
    She would oppose the peace process because the IRA let her abuser go free after she didn't want him shot?
    I'm not getting the philosophical connection myself.

Oh My God!!!:D

If you don't know then I won't tell you... has this ever meant anything other than "****ed if I can answer that"?
    I never once undermined her credibility on her rape BTW, so jog on.
    You see, there you go again.
    She alleged she was raped.
    She pulled out of the trial.

You're so used to circling the wagons and lashing out at people who don't agree with you that you don't even realise it when someone may actually share a lot of your opinions - you just attack automatically.

You don't understand why it is bad practice to try and attack a rape victim? Seriously? How many Sinn Fein TDs have come out and said anything bad about Mairia Cahill? Why? Because it is victim blaming and you just don't do it. The Belfast Child blog tried to paint it as a 16 year old with an infatuation with an IRA musician and he was torn apart for it. Gerry Adams knows a lot more about Mairia Cahill than anyone here but he also knows that it would be political suicide to try and undermine her. Gerry knows that it is a bad idea to try to undermine a rape victim, so perhaps he should just jog on too?

In this case, the abused does not recognise any of the law enforcement agencies in the 32 counties.
    What justice would satisfy can we ask? She seemingly also did not want the bullet justice option given to her by the IRA.

What law enforcement agencies she recognises is irrelevant. The voters in the South recognise the law enforcement agencies and they are the ones whose votes SF could lose and they are the ones who won't be happy about sex offenders and child abusers being let loose amongst them.

You don't understand why it is bad practice to try and attack a rape victim? Seriously? How many Sinn Fein TDs have come out and said anything bad about Mairia Cahill? Why? Because it is victim blaming and you just don't do it.
    FFS, not this again.
    "blaming the victim" is when you blame the victim for the crime. Nobody (except one guy I think) has done that. Again, she does not get a free pass on any and all actions for the rest of her life because she was raped.
    The general public might not get the difference, but I really thought we were above this basic terminology warping.

What law enforcement agencies she recognises is irrelevant. The voters in the South recognise the law enforcement agencies and they are the ones whose votes SF could lose and they are the ones who won't be happy about sex offenders and child abusers being let loose amongst them.
    I notice you couldn't answer the question. Here it is again:
    What justice would satisfy Cahill?

• Advertisement

You're still working on the premise that everything Maria Cahill says is true.
    It may not be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement