Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Ireland 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I'm rightly pissed off. I'm seriously giving up on him, I've waited long enough and if he's not bothered to do a proper world tour, he can go to hell.

Don't stand 4 it hun xoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

But that's nowhere near as funny :(

But that's nowhere near as funny :(

But that's what you're missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

baaba maal wrote: »
    This was part of the pressure being applied at the time by Aitken (that the gigs were a massive part of a huuuuge world tour). People on both sides told porkies but we were being sold a pup the whole time in this regard IMO.

I don't get this, why would a European or World tour help mount pressure for Aiken?
    If anything stand alone Irish gigs is better for Aiken, as it pulls any Euro fans Garth does have, to the Aiken gig. Np tour makes the CP gigs even more important, not less.

Aiken has no reason whatsoever to have purposely lied about that in the way you suggest.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I'm delighted that Garth Brooks came out back in July with his 'five or none' and stuck to his word. I was disappointed and no doubt many people experienced some losses when the concerts didn't go ahead. GB probably has the internet and kept an eye on what was happening here in Ireland online. The protesters were playing up and over exaggerating issues of living beside a stadium. Looking for compensation for themselves and this was more evident when the person who was most vocal came out onto prime time with his calculations of the community fund that was offered and what that represented individually for them which was a sum of 18 euro and 51 cent. Right down to the very last cent. This was reinforced again from the same protester when he reappeared on prime time doing a u-turn and wanting the gigs to go ahead. Garth Brooks has morals and he wasn't going to allow a pack of Dublin's greasy old cùnts to profit of his back in such a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,739 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm delighted that Garth Brooks came out back in July with his 'five or none' and stuck to his word. I was disappointed and no doubt many people experienced some losses when the concerts didn't go ahead. GB probably has the internet and kept an eye on what was happening here in Ireland online. The protesters were playing up and over exaggerating issues of living beside a stadium. Looking for compensation for themselves and this was more evident when the person who was most vocal came out onto prime time with his calculations of the community fund that was offered and what that represented individually for them which was a sum of 18 euro and 51 cent. Right down to the very last cent. This was reinforced again from the same protester when he reappeared on prime time doing a u-turn and wanting the gigs to go ahead. Garth Brooks has morals and he wasn't going to allow a pack of Dublin's greasy old cùnts to profit of his back in such a way.

Except they never asked for compensation, Turned down compensation and never once mentioned compensation in the mediation hearing.

The only locals looking for compensation were the pro-concert group but then again, Never let facts get in the way of a good rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭bluemartin

I thought this Gareth Brooks thing was all done and dusted not its back in the headlines, I am sick of listening about him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

bluemartin wrote: »
    I thought this Gareth Brooks thing was all done and dusted not its back in the headlines, I am sick of listening about him :(

It could be worse, you could be listening to him.

The same person was only representing 500 households. That would have been €1000 per household for his own resident group but he had to play it down.

• Advertisement

The same person was only representing 500 households. That would have been €1000 per household for his own resident group but he had to play it down.

I don't care about that any more. Was just saying that I admire Garth Brooks more so than ever.

hynesie08 wrote: »

Except they never asked for compensation, Turned down compensation and never once mentioned compensation in the mediation hearing.

The only locals looking for compensation were the pro-concert group but then again, Never let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Whatever about the rest of ye, that Eamon O Brien fella was definitely eyeing up the money.

Whatever about the rest of ye, that Eamon O Brien fella was definitely eyeing up the money.
    But he wouldn't have gotten a penny because
    A) Any compensation would've been in fund form
    B) As Mrs gb points out in about 90% of her posts, He lives in castleknock. So even if the money was split into several thousand small envelopes he still wouldn't have seen it.

Maybe he should sue you for defamation.

I don't think Garth brooks fans have for one second understood exactly what it is like living around somewhere with so many concerts.

Its not about compensation, at all. Its a huge, huge disturbance to your life. Honestly.

I lived near croke park for years, ( i don't anymore) matches are not an issue, you expect them, they are on Sundays, occasionally Saturdays, but most people are gone by 6 or 7 in the evening.

I can bet you any money that there will not be as many concerts this year in Marley Pk as last year, the residents put up with so much hassle over so many weeks, there will be plenty of complaints if they look for as many this year.

There was a reason 5 concerts were refused. He should've played the 3 he was allowed, he didn't, that was him being a spoilt brat. If I was a fan I would never go again, like my friend, who had tickets for 2 concerts, she said she will never go because of him backing out!

bubblypop wrote: »
    I don't think Garth brooks fans have for one second understood exactly what it is like living around somewhere with so many concerts.

Its not about compensation, at all. Its a huge, huge disturbance to your life. Honestly.

I lived near croke park for years, ( i don't anymore) matches are not an issue, you expect them, they are on Sundays, occasionally Saturdays

Like as if concerts are on every weekend in the year.

Instead of blaming Garth Brooks fans, perhaps blame One Direction fans cause they are the fans that had their concerts.

Like as if concerts are on every weekend in the year.

That's not the point, do you think being put out of your home, having to queue to get into your street/estate over 5 or 6 days is OK?
    Having people pee in your garden, litter all over the place, people shouting and roaring till one o clock in the morning, is OK?

Actually, i have seen your posts on all these threads, you have No consideration for anyone else, so I won't bother arguing with you.

That's not the point, do you think being put out of your home, having to queue to get into your street/estate over 5 or 6 days is OK?

Actually, i have seen your posts on all these threads, you have No consideration for anyone else, so I won't bother arguing with you.

Whose making you queue and live on your street?

Anyway, its all been done before. Made up lies to stop concerts and get compensation.

Gardai, Barricades, Queues of people.
    Anyway, its all been done before. Made up lies to stop concerts and get compensation.
    What lies? What compensation did they ask for?

Gardai, Barricades, Queues of people.

What lies? What compensation did they ask for?

I notice you don't attack other artists or bands on boards. Why Garth Brooks. Why the hatred towards him? Thought you had a ticket yourself to see him.

• Advertisement

ERM, if there's a concert in croke park there are barricades put up, therefore people living on the streets have to go through them!
    Nobody was looking for compo.

You really have to be one if the most tunnel visioned people I have ever seen on boards. And that's saying a lot!!!

Anyway, he's not coming. Basically because he couldn't give a crap about his fans in Ireland once he lost the chance to make money from 5 concerts!!!

ERM, if there's a concert in croke park there are barricades put up, therefore people living on the streets have to go through them!
    Nobody was looking for compo.

You really have to be one if the most tunnel visioned people I have ever seen on boards. And that's saying a lot!!!

Anyway, he's not coming. Basically because he couldn't give a crap about his fans in Ireland once he lost the chance to make money from 5 concerts!!!

Don't blame me. I've never experienced a concert there.

I notice you don't attack other artists or bands on boards. Why Garth Brooks. Why the hatred towards him? Thought you had a ticket yourself to see him.

I did, had tickets to 2 nights, Have been looking forward to it for years cause i enjoy his music, But liking the music and the man aren't mutually exclusive, As a person i think he's a slimy, sleazy, 2 faced, selfish, paranoid control freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I just wanted to post after MS Garth Brooks

21/25

Exactly.
    Maybe you should just stop and think for a second just how much distrubtion it causes.
    Like I said, I don't live anywhere near there now, but I do remember what it was like when concerts where on and I lived up there.
    Fortunately, I was renting, so I could move. If I had a house and mortgage there, I'd be stuck.

Exactly.
    Maybe you should just stop and think for a second just how much distrubtion it causes.
    Like I said, I don't live anywhere near there now, but I do remember what it was like when concerts where on and I lived up there.
    Fortunately, I was renting, so I could move. If I had a house and mortgage there, I'd be stuck.

Maybe you should stop and think before you throw insults at me, tunnel vision. There's nasty people here.

Maybe you should stop and think before you throw insults at me, tunnel vision. There's nasty people here.

We call them Garth fans.

We call them Garth fans.

Like yourself so.

Like yourself so.
    I did, had tickets to 2 nights, Have been looking forward to it for years cause i enjoy his music, But liking the music and the man aren't mutually exclusive, As a person i think he's a slimy, sleazy, 2 faced, selfish, paranoid control freak.

No.

• Advertisement

No.

You like his music, you were to go for two nights, that's a fan. You called yourself nasty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement