Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Ireland 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,734 ✭✭✭hynesie08

You like his music, you were to go for two nights, that's a fan. You called yourself nasty.

Fair enough so, whatever helps you sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I wish this man would F*** off and when he has F***** off F*** off some more

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

bubblypop wrote: »
    That's not the point, do you think being put out of your home, having to queue to get into your street/estate over 5 or 6 days is OK?
    Having people pee in your garden, litter all over the place, people shouting and roaring till one o clock in the morning, is OK?

Actually, i have seen your posts on all these threads, you have No consideration for anyone else, so I won't bother arguing with you.
    what happens when you choose to live near a venue like this. they're were plenty of opportunities for people around the area to object to the re-development in the first place. why didn't they

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Residents 2 - Girth Brooks 0

Jog on, fatty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

what happens when you choose to live near a venue like this. they're were plenty of opportunities for people around the area to object to the re-development in the first place. why didn't they

You've been waiting a while to post that AGAIN, haven't you? ? Lol.

On a side note. ...
    On the Rte news when they were announcing that he wouldn't be playing here YET AGAIN they showed footage of him and his concerts.
    Jesus, the man is a total stomach churn.
    The very sight of him makes me want to hawrkkk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

And, as has been pointed out to you previously, people have chosen to live near a sports stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

and he wasn't going to allow a pack of Dublin's greasy old cùnts to profit of his back in such a way.

You stay classy now, ya hear?

Smidge wrote: »
    You've been waiting a while to post that AGAIN, haven't you? ?

i haven't. but its true
    Smidge wrote: »
    On a side note. ...
    On the Rte news when they were announcing that he wouldn't be playing here YET AGAIN they showed footage of him and his concerts.
    Jesus, the man is a total stomach churn.
    The very sight of him makes me want to hawrkkk.

me as well. but thats neither here nor there

muddypaws wrote: »
    And, as has been pointed out to you previously, people have chosen to live near a sports stadium.
    multi-purpose venue. its a long time since croke park was a sports stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

its a long time since croke park was a sports stadium.

I know, right? Why, three weeks is an epoch ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

multi-purpose venue. its a long time since croke park was a sports stadium.
    You are actually right there.
    Croke Park is a multi purpose venue, but it is only allowed to host 3 non-sporting events per year.

But I suspect you already know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    You are actually right there.
    Croke Park is a multi purpose venue, but it is only allowed to host 3 non-sporting events per year.

But I suspect you already know that.

And more once they apply for a public event licence.

Done to death before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I don't think Garth brooks fans have for one second understood exactly what it is like living around somewhere with so many concerts.

Its not about compensation, at all. Its a huge, huge disturbance to your life. Honestly.

I lived near croke park for years, ( i don't anymore) matches are not an issue, you expect them, they are on Sundays, occasionally Saturdays, but most people are gone by 6 or 7 in the evening.

I can bet you any money that there will not be as many concerts this year in Marley Pk as last year, the residents put up with so much hassle over so many weeks, there will be plenty of complaints if they look for as many this year.

There was a reason 5 concerts were refused. He should've played the 3 he was allowed, he didn't, that was him being a spoilt brat. If I was a fan I would never go again, like my friend, who had tickets for 2 concerts, she said she will never go because of him backing out!

Living around somewhere with so many concerts.

Are you for real? There was none there in 2013 and there were a few years where there were none and other years with only one or two or three.

They have it good.

There are many communities in Ireland that would be delighted to have such a fine stadium on their door step and the business that it creates and putting their area onto the world map when international artists comes about.

One of the issues that the moaners complaining about was littering after concerts. I was in Dublin a few weeks ago, late at night. I was stranded with no accommodation and no bus home until 7am. I found the 24 hour Starbucks, down by graton street and went in there for a few hours to kill some time. At about 6.30 am I left to get my bus home. I walked down Grafton street and around trinity college to go up to the quays to the bus stop. All along that route was nothing but litter, mainly consisting of empty chipper bags. The croker moaners have some neck to blame concert goers visiting the stadium for scummy behaviour that happens in Dublin. They only like playing victims for compensation.

Garth Brooks was dead right to pull out from the 3 gigs that were licenced. Did you forget - some lad tried to block them with a 15,000 fund that was given to him and borrowed suit and reason for it for him was people vomiting on his doorstep. He lived closer to O'Connell street than he did to Crocker. Garth Brooks and his fans were not wanted in Dublin at all, at all so he turned on his heals and left and rightly so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

That's not the point, do you think being put out of your home, having to queue to get into your street/estate over 5 or 6 days is OK?
    Having people pee in your garden, litter all over the place, people shouting and roaring till one o clock in the morning, is OK?

Actually, i have seen your posts on all these threads, you have No consideration for anyone else, so I won't bother arguing with you.

Being put out from your home?

Get a fcuking grip will you. You'd swear the cops and the concert goers were a pack of black and tans dragging people out from their homes.

Eponymous wrote: »
    Don't worry. Shows in the Aviva in 2015, I've heard.

This was a reply to one of my posts about a month ago in after hours in a cheap Ryanair USA flight thread. Thought I could get over to the USA for cheap.

Suppose next year, we will all be a burden on the Aviva residents. They will come out in force, play victims. Bless their souls. We're all monsters, not there for the music at all.

And more once they apply for a public event licence..
    Not true - more, once they apply for and are granted a public event licence.
    Unlike Aiken promotions and Garth Brooks who thought they just had to apply.

Not true - more, once they apply for and are granted a public event licence.
    Unlike Aiken promotions and Garth Brooks who thought they just had to apply.

Weren't they granted the licence?

Therefore, its not just 3 events per year.

Weren't they granted the licence?
    Don't think so - they were granted a licence, but not the one they applied for.

Hence the toy throwing from Aiken, Brooks, Christy Burke and Timmy Dooley.

CP is only guaranteed 3 non-sporting events every year - that better?

Don't think so - they were granted a licence, but not the one they applied for.

Hence the toy throwing from Aiken, Brooks, Christy Burke and Timmy Dooley.

CP is only guaranteed 3 non-sporting events every year - that better?

We're not talking about hissy fits here.

Its 3 events a year. They can apply for more, and after that its up the council. The council granted 3 more. Therefore they can have more events.

Its written in black and white.

How is that difficult to understand.

Living around somewhere with so many concerts.

Are you for real?
    One of the issues that the moaners complaining about was littering after concerts. I was in Dublin a few weeks ago, late at night. I was stranded with no accommodation and no bus home until 7am. I found the 24 hour Starbucks, down by graton street and went in there for a few hours to kill some time. At about 6.30 am I left to get my bus home. I walked down Grafton street and around trinity college to go up to the quays to the bus stop. All along that route was nothing but litter, mainly consisting of empty chipper bags. The croker moaners have some neck to blame concert goers visiting the stadium for scummy behaviour that happens in Dublin. They only like playing victims for compensation

Once again, show some proof that anyone involved in the anti concert group asked for compensation or forever admit that you're talking out your hole.

• Advertisement

We're not talking about hissy fits here.

Its 3 events a year. They can apply for more, and after that its up the council. The council granted 3 more. Therefore they can have more events.

Its written in black and white.

How is that difficult to understand.

And Garth cancelled perfectly legal concerts for no valid reason, Therefore he is a dick.

How is that difficult to understand?

hynesie08 wrote: »
    And Garth cancelled perfectly legal concerts for no valid reason, Therefore he is a dick.

How is that difficult to understand?

What has that got to do with this?

The poster above claimed that it was 3 events a year. And I proved them wrong with the fact that the council granted more licences. Its not just 3 events a year. About time the Croke park residents get over that. It doesn't matter who plays, its not just 3 events a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If Garth stood in a dog turd he's treat it better than the way he's treated his irish fans. It's sort of sad that they're still begging him to come over and grace us with his presence and defending his actions.

The poster above claimed that it was 3 events a year. And I proved them wrong with the fact that the council granted more licences.
    You missed the part where I said "guaranteed" 3 per year. They could in theory have 800 per year if they got the licences.

I'm always happy to admit I was wrong or to give clarification.
    It doesn't matter who plays, its not just 3 events a year.
    It mattered this year. Any other artist would have not have had a hissy fit, and would have either played the 3 granted concerts or investigated the possibility of the matinees to allow his "children" to see daddy in action.

I'm actually delighted to have bought 1D tickets, in a small way they prevented that arrogant hillbilly liar from being allowed to ride roughshod over our planning laws and bringing us back to the corruption of the 90s.

Thank God he ain't coming back

You missed the part where I said "guaranteed" 3 per year. They could in theory have 800 per year if they got the licences.

If they got the licenses?

Give it up, they got extra licenses this year. There's no if's about it. There was 3 given.

Its irrelevant Garth Brooks threw a hissy fit because he didn't get his five. They were given 3 extra this year.

If they got the licenses?

Give it up, they got extra licenses this year. There's no if's about it. There was 3 given.

Its irrelevant Garth Brooks threw a hissy fit because he didn't get his five. They were given 3 extra this year.
    Right.
    How many concerts are CP allowed to hold next year? Answer = 3.

How many could they hold next year? Answer = 800

How many are they guaranteed? Answer = 3.

The residents have no recourse to objections for the first three concerts in a given year.

I don't know what point you are trying to make. Technically they had 4 non-sporting events this year as the American Football was not classified as a sporting event.

They actually got licences for 7 events. They are guaranteed 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

?

Seriously, have you ever been to Dublin? The place is absolutely swarming with tourists.

Correct! All Dem furriners is "tourists", eh heh heh.........scuse me, I'm a toorist, d'ya want fries with dat?

Right.
    How many concerts are CP allowed to hold next year? Answer = 3.

How many could they hold next year? Answer = 800

How many are they guaranteed? Answer = 3.

The residents have no recourse to objections for the first three concerts in a given year.

I don't know what point you are trying to make. Technically they had 4 non-sporting events this year as the American Football was not classified as a sporting event.

They actually got licences for 7 events. They are guaranteed 3.

It wasn't what you said in the morning quoting end of the road, "it is only allowed to host 3 non-sporting events per year".

You forgot to mention and more with a public events licence is applied for and granted.

We don't want any confusion that its just 3 and only 3 and nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

It wasn't what you said in the morning quoting end of the road, "it is only allowed to host 3 non-sporting events per year".

You forgot to mention and more with a public events licence is applied for and granted.

We don't want any confusion that its just 3 and only 3 and nothing more.

We get it. More licenses can be applied for.

You seem to think the fact that more licenses CAN be applied for automatically means that the residents have no right to object.

It doesn't work like that, the GAA wanted to build their stadium in an unsuitable location for historic reasons and the consequence of that is they aren't going to be able to host an intensive schedule of events.

The reason most venues of that size are built on purpose built sites with extensive transport links is specifically to avoid this scenario.

The argument that the residents should suck it up because they live beside a stadium is redundant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Can't understand why the Brooks in Croker thing is going again, its all old news and the story in the paper had no basis or fact behind it.

From what I know (and I've no inside knowledge at all) the dogs & cats in the street know that U2 will be going on a world tour in 2015 and will play Croker for 3 nights - Friday, Saturday & Monday as Bono isn't allowed play 3 shows in a row due to their insurance policy to protect his voice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement