Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Ireland 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭nc6000

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

How in the holy name of god almighty did the star read that billboard piece and came to the conclusion that Garth Brooks is likely to play here next summer with a Dublin gig and another venue around the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

How in the holy name of god almighty did the star read that billboard piece and came to the conclusion that Garth Brooks is likely to play here next summer with a Dublin gig and another venue around the country?

I'm going to go with 'because it sells papers'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 darrenlawlor

i personally think garth brooks shouldn't of been cancled in the first place like people need to calm down about the noise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

nc6000 wrote: »

So there's no source to say there will be concerts, official sources say there will be no concerts? Why is there even a thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Cienciano wrote: »
    So there's no source to say there will be concerts, official sources say there will be no concerts? Why is there even a thread?

Because its raining and we all missed each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

muddypaws wrote: »
    Because its raining and we all missed each other.

Its going to be raining all weekend.

nc6000 wrote: »

So the stupid cnut wants to overtake U2 records and only plays in America.

If he plays in Europe, okay a cheap Ryanair flight or something.

I'm so over him

Good luck to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Lapin wrote: »
    Because absolutely no one from Dublin has any interest in Brooks at all and nobody there has ever listened to him. Ever.

Looks like God is alive and well and a member of Boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

When there was talk of postponing gigs 4 and 5 until 2015, didn't CP say they couldn't do that because they already had next year's concerts lined up? So presuming they weren't spoofing, wouldn't that rule out CP as the venue?

Yeah, but I don't see that as much of an obstacle, there's other places he could play. But apparently it's not happening, they couldn't find all the toys Garth threw out of the pram during the summer. Until they find them all, no concerts. :cool::pac:

http://m.billboard.com/entry/view/id/102928

This is where it all came from. And he wants to overtake U2's records.

U2 played all over the world on their 360 tour. North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Canada.

Is it possible to overtake U2 by just playing in the states? He can overtake U2 American records but that's it.

He can go to fcuk if he has no plans to come around here. Ireland fcuked up. But a cheap flight to Europe would be OK.

BrokenHero wrote: »
    Complaints shouldn't come into it.

No tickets should be able to be sold for concerts until they have been licensed.

Well, I agree. But this wasn't the case this year so the complaints should have and did come into it.

Can't see anything wrong with he's saying in that Youtube, TBH. Am I supposed to? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Will Ireland become a tourist destination again? We nearly crumbled after everyone was laughing at us and never coming here according to some people with the mental capacity of a potato.

Will Ireland become a tourist destination again? We nearly crumbled after everyone was laughing at us and never coming here according to some people with the mental capacity of a potato.

Ireland is a tourist destination. Don't know about Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Maybe this time they'll be more careful about selling tickets for shows they don't have permission for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

?

Seriously, have you ever been to Dublin? The place is absolutely swarming with tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

humanji wrote: »
    MOD: Right, this thread is already spiraling into an abyss of abuse and stupidity.

Its a Garth Brooks thread. Isn't that what's supposed to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Visit more of Ireland.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

?

Seriously, have you ever been to Dublin? The place is absolutely swarming with tourists.
    Its the new stab city

So any more news, are they back on or what?

So any more news, are they back on or what?

Definitely not.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/1017/653000-garth-brooks/

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

The bit that never made any sense to me in this whole sorry mess was that the gigs this year were to be the opening concerts in a world tour. This tour never happened and there was never an explanation for this. His website references a world tour with dates for the rest of this year in countries as diverse as Florida, Kentucky, eh...North Carolina and the mighty nation of ummm... Minnesota. Then the PR says there are no plans for GB to tour outside the US next year.

In other words, there was never going to be a world tour- the CP gigs were going to be standalone gigs in a place that marked a highpoint in his career. This was part of the pressure being applied at the time by Aitken (that the gigs were a massive part of a huuuuge world tour). People on both sides told porkies but we were being sold a pup the whole time in this regard IMO.

The man obviously sells a lot of tickets in the states, but it would appear that Ireland was but a lonely outpost on planet Garth.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Fortyjocks

4/1 on paddy power online now that no GB Ireland concert in 2015 - lump on :-)

Hes popular in 2 countries, but garth probably considers usa to be the world

So that's the world tour then.

This has been getting to me. Artists and bands has different legs as part of their tour and actually manage to actually tour.

I can get over Dublin with the possibility of a European concert or two next year. But that's not even looking likely.

This is the last tour schedule from 96-98
    http://www.planetgarth.com/worldtour/tourhistory.shtml

North America, Canada, Dublin in May 97 and Belfast in Nov 98.

That was their last world tour.

I'm rightly pissed off. I'm seriously giving up on him, I've waited long enough and if he's not bothered to do a proper world tour, he can go to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

D.I.V.O.R.C.E. him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,741 ✭✭✭hynesie08

He had one successful album in the UK!! But yeah outside of the US and Canada, Ireland is the only place he's had any success.

I did love the comment that he could "sit on australia for 3 months", Maybe if he got a job in an irish bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement