Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Ireland 2015

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Belfast or London would be better for Garth Brooks than the tinker town that is Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I swear there will be war on Dublin if they try their shyte again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,549 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

But there won't really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Bit like 'Tying a spice burger on a string' day that we have here in the summer to confluster the Dubs?

I knew that was just to trick us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Hopefully they'll host him somewhere outside Dublin and we can enjoy the city for the few days - shop/drive etc in comfort without being overcrowded. Once I dont have to hear him, see him or listen to stupid Irish people talking about him....

Out come the pink cowboy hats for the saddo middle aged women getting p1ssed on West Coast and acting the twat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

You speak about Dublin as if it's some kind of hive mind :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭BrokenHero

mike_ie wrote: »
    He should be told to bugger off considering his throw-all-the-toys-out-of-the-pram hissy fit earlier this year....

Considering Keegan's admitted his actions were fueled by thinkingL 'we have to save face by at least refusing one of the concerts' - it was a somewhat justifiable "fit".
    bubblypop wrote: »
    Seeing as how he didn't give a crap for those fans that bought tickets for the 3 concerts he didn't bother his hole playing for them!!

Surely a country treating 240,000 of their own people the way they did is more contemptible than a man from Tulsa doing so.

In any case, I have no doubt that if (and I don't think they will) five nights at Coke Park were to go on sale this week, they would sell just as quick if not quicker, than they did last this year. If for no other reason that since this summer's debacle, he has gone on to show that he can still perform to close to level that he used to and indeed as a result of that, has broken US concert ticket sales records, twice. Something which many opposed to him playing here said would never happen. Using the Irish to get a pension he was.

Anyway, in other news, would seem a prosecution appears to be in the offing regarding many of the forged complaints which were submitted to the council. One of which lets not forget, was paid €15,000 to also file an injunction, which no doubt influenced Keegan's 11th hour 'ah guarantee us four concerts Garth and we'll spit and shake on her, whadya say' phone call:

irishexaminer.com/ireland/file-to-dpp-on-garth-brooks-forged-objections-289676.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

BrokenHero wrote: »

Anyway, in other news, would seem a prosecution appears to be in the offing regarding many of the forged complaints which were submitted to the council. One of which lets not forget, was paid €15,000 to also file an injunction, which no doubt influenced Keegan's 11th hour 'ah guarantee us four concerts Garth and we'll spit and shake on her, whadya say' phone call:

irishexaminer.com/ireland/file-to-dpp-on-garth-brooks-forged-objections-289676.html

Unbelievable. My argument in the last thread = vindicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Where is HardLuckWoman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

So much for his pissy fit about not being loved.

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    Where is HardLuckWoman?

Here, I changed my name.

anncoates wrote: »
    So much for his pissy fit about not being loved.

I love him. I married him, almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

P_1 wrote: »
    Clearly Dublin doesn't want this fat cowboy polluting the air. How about they just stick the gigs on wherever they're holding the ploughing championship next year instead?

Yeah.. that's why those opposed to the concerts had to sink so low as to pay people to file frivolous law suits, and forge neighbors signatures etc. The petty little scumbags that they are.

A small minority of moany fcukwits don't speak for all of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

You're still talking about Garth, right? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Two possible concerts. Not surprising and that's the amount, maybe one more as well, that should have been planned for summer 2014.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

I love him. I married him, almost.

Weirdo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Eponymous wrote: »
    You're still talking about Garth, right? :pac:

370 people formally objected to the concerts. Hardly a large number considering all the attention it was getting.

Out of a sample of 200 submissions looked at by Gardai, 72 appeared to be fraudulent or suspect. Over 1/3!

Says it all really. Dead people, children, elderly folk and inmates all had their names forged by the fine upstanding people that were so vocally opposed to the concerts. Hopefully they'll be named and shamed in their communities by the time any future concerts go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,165 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Be interesting to see if he has the same promoter as last year and if they sell tickets "subject to permission" :D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Belfast or London would be better for Garth Brooks than the tinker town that is Dublin.

Can you outline the criteria required for a city to designated "a tinker town"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ah in this case they did though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Jaysus Lapin, 2 pages in, first day, and you're already losing it. You'll be fit to be tied next year.

I know. :(

Garth Brooks brings out the worst in me.

Probably because I prefer music rather than the crap he produces.

But then, if he makes people happy who am I to piss on their delusion. Good luck to them.

Tarzana wrote: »

Dublin sums it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Anyway, the story is completely made up by the journalist I reckon, there's no foundation behind it.

Yeah.. that's why those opposed to the concerts had to sink so low as to pay people to file frivolous law suits, and forge neighbors signatures etc. The petty little scumbags that they are.

Many people opposed to the concerts disagreed with the above tactics. Don't tar us all, thank you. 300 legitimate complaints is still substantial.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,165 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Tarzana wrote: »

Answered in another thread:
    Do you think? I must be the only one still sulking at what happened in summer 2014.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Dublin sums it up.

Sorry, not good enough. Must try harder. Back up inane comment, or don't make inane comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,440 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Dublin sums it up.

Sure you won't be coming anyway so that's one + i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Dublin sums it up.
    How?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: Right, this thread is already spiraling into an abyss of abuse and stupidity.

1) Stop the Dublin/country bashing
    2) Stop being abusive to anyone, be they posters, the public or even imaginary creatures.
    3) Stop trolling for reactions.
    4) Stop being aggressive. It's a concert. It's not important. And it's certainly nothing to be getting worked up over.

If you can't post with civility, then just don't post. Think before hitting the "reply" button.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

^^^^^^^ Well its gonna be a right boring ould feck of a thread now. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement