Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garth Brooks Ireland 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Lapin wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^ Well its gonna be a right boring ould feck of a thread now. :(

Well you would say that, you're from Galway :mad:

I'm kidding, really :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Ah in this case they did though.

lol.. If tens of thousands of people marching against water charges don't represent a majority (as people have been at pains to point out over the last few days), then 300 or so busybodies sending a letter to DCC sure as hell don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Lapin wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^ Well its gonna be a right boring ould feck of a thread now. :(
    With any luck ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭BrokenHero

Tarzana wrote: »
    300 legitimate complaints is still substantial.

Complaints shouldn't come into it.

No tickets should be able to be sold for concerts until they have been licensed.

The current system is a joke when it can result in a council deciding to not license concerts three weeks before they are to take place.

In any case. Keegan admitted his decision was fueled more by saving face and tokenism than anything else and that his reasons for wishing to refuse to licence just one of the nights was really so that DCC wouldn't look like "complete sell outs".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Regardless of what happens in the end this is going to be fun reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Ok, so thats hardluckwoman/Mrs garth brooks, that girl is a cowboy/ in lonesome dove and wishiwasalittlebittaller/Brokenhero accounted for, just need end of the road now and the never ending wheel can start spinning again.

BrokenHero wrote: »

Surely a country treating 240,000 of their own people the way they did is more contemptible than a man from Tulsa doing so.

Seriously!!
    Typical brooks fan, such a victim!!!

I hardly think the country treated those people badly.
    He had 3 concerts sold out but didn't bother playing them. That's his fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

lol.. If tens of thousands of people marching against water charges don't represent a majority (as people have been at pains to point out over the last few days), then 300 or so busybodies sending a letter to DCC sure as hell don't!

You take things too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

370 people formally objected to the concerts. Hardly a large number considering all the attention it was getting.

Out of a sample of 200 submissions looked at by Gardai, 72 appeared to be fraudulent or suspect. Over 1/3!

Says it all really. Dead people, children, elderly folk and inmates all had their names forged by the fine upstanding people that were so vocally opposed to the concerts. Hopefully they'll be named and shamed in their communities by the time any future concerts go ahead.
    i'd doubt they would be shamed in anyway if they were named. they would probably enjoy the publicity thinking it is good publicity

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Ok, so thats hardluckwoman/Mrs garth brooks, that girl is a cowboy/ in lonesome dove and wishiwasalittlebittaller/Brokenhero accounted for, just need end of the road now and the never ending wheel can start spinning again.
    i'd doubt they would be shamed in anyway if they were named. they would probably enjoy the publicity thinking it is good publicity

Yeah!!!!!! Lock the thread now, we've checked all the boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Present and accounted for!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I heard the the objectors are as big as four cats, and they've got a retractable leg so as they can leap up at you better and you know what, they lights up at night, and they've got four ears. Two of them are for listening and the other two are kind of back-up ears, and their claws are as big as cups and for some reason they've got a tremendous fear of stamps.

I heard the the objectors are as big as four cats, and they've got a retractable leg so as they can leap up at you better and you know what, they lights up at night, and they've got four ears. Two of them are for listening and the other two are kind of back-up ears, and their claws are as big as cups and for some reason they've got a tremendous fear of stamps.

Then how did they post the objections?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭BrokenHero

bubblypop wrote: »
    I hardly think the country treated those people badly.

A council making a decision not to licence concerts just three weeks before they are to take place is disgraceful.

We would laugh at another country doing similar.
    He had 3 concerts sold out but didn't bother playing them. That's his fault.

You're focusing on the aftermath of the debacle and how the artist handled it.

You, and others, may be correct in your criticism of Brooks and his stubbornness, but it's all just really one big cop out at the end of the day and in fact, the largest example of deflection that I think I have ever witnessed.

Lets all ignore the fact that our event license system buckled and blame the artist for not bending the way which we wanted him to, in order to address our failings. Makes much more sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Yeah!!!!!! Lock the thread now, we've checked all the boxes.

Nah, to get the full compliment we have to wait for Nox.

*rocks in chair at the memory of the previous thread*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Read a message on one of the Croke park residents facebook pages a few weeks ago.

They were planning a protest at Dublin city council at the end of September to stop all concerts in 2015.

I'm sorry I didn't get a screen shot, their page has since been removed.

But back in July there was a new thing brought into the planning process that residents must be consulted before the sale of tickets.

Makes you wonder were they consulted over possible upcoming concerts.

This time, they're off before anything happens, there's no pleasing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Not until SoCal MusicLover lets us know if her threat never to visit us again, still holds. :D

Maybe JimRockford will reopen his account too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Peppa Pig wrote: »

Maybe JimRockford will reopen his account too

I tried phoning him to let him know, but it went straight to answerphone

Read a message on one of the Croke park residents facebook pages a few weeks ago.

They were planning a protest at Dublin city council at the end of September to stop all concerts in 2015.

I'm sorry I didn't get a screen shot, their page has since been removed.

But back in July there was a new thing brought into the planning process that residents must be consulted before the sale of tickets.

Makes you wonder were they consulted over possible upcoming concerts.

This time, they're off before anything happens, there's no pleasing them.
    I read on the residents supporting croke park page that the council reversed their decision, And the oireachtas commitee were forcing owen keegan to step down, And on another page that bruce springsteen was playing in leitrim.

It's like facebook isn't a reliable news source!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Post disappeared. Hate when that happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I read on the residents supporting croke park page that the council reversed their decision, And the oireachtas commitee were forcing owen keegan to step down, And on another page that bruce springsteen was playing in leitrim.

It's like facebook isn't a reliable news source!!!!!

Except it came from their own group.

Except it came from their own group.

And how many members did this group have? Who's behind it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

And how many members did this group have? Who's behind it?

If I had to hazard a guess I'd say some moron CP resident, before wiser heads in the group realised what terrible publicity it was for them to broadcast their plans, and thus the group was removed.

If so, that was a good move I'd say.

Or maybe it's another big conspiracy to frame them, as was suggested when the forgeries were brought up in the last thread?

-- disclaimer: the above is an opinion\theory --

If big GB does come, can't see it in CP anyway. Surely not after last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Actually i doubt it's removed at all, probably just on private

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

He's not coming
    Aiken Promotions has said there are no plans for Garth Brooks to perform in Ireland next year.

The concert promoters released the statement after a music magazine in the United States said Brooks will "surely" play Ireland next summer.

Aiken have spoken - must be true.

nm wrote: »
    If I had to hazard a guess I'd say some moron CP resident, before others in the group realised what terrible publicity it was for them to broadcast their plans, and thus the group was removed.

If so, that was a good move I'd say.

Or maybe it's another big conspiracy to frame them, as was suggested when the forgeries were brought up in the last thread?

-- disclaimer: the above is an opinion\theory --

Possibly, Just find it hilarious that people get worked up about a post that may or may not exist, By someone who may or may not be a resident, on a facebook page that may or may not be connected to the residents assosciation, about some protests that may or may not be happening over some concerts that may or may not be happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Actually i doubt it's removed at all, probably just on private

You doubt what's removed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I don't think it's going to be in Croke Park. I had a quick read on Facebook and if what I'm reading is anything to go by, from those who never gave up on GB after pulling out from the 3 licenced gigs, there's no appetite to see him in Croke Park. I think promotors would have a severe difficulty selling one night there.

So where else is there for Dublin?
    Aviva? That's mcd . MCD puts up gigs there. Unless if GB hopped to MCD.
    RDS - there works due to begin there. So that's out.
    Phoenix Park (spelling?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

When there was talk of postponing gigs 4 and 5 until 2015, didn't CP say they couldn't do that because they already had next year's concerts lined up? So presuming they weren't spoofing, wouldn't that rule out CP as the venue?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Ah no, not all this sh*te again!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement