Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Fort Stranger

Bring em on, keep callinan, Bubbles and bonner quiet and you are halfway there. It will take 30 points to win the game and we have that score in us!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭20silkcut

A quick look back at the performance of recent Munster champions in subsequent all Ireland semi finals shows a consistent pattern.

Waterford 2010 very flat against Tipp in AISF

Tipp 2011 very flat against Dublin in semi lucky to get through

Tipp 2012 brutal against kk

Limerick 2013 brutal against Clare

Cork 2014 brutal against Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Whats this behaviour you speak of? Were all entitled too our opinion last time I checked and a bit of banter along the way

Ok, here you go.
    Hitchens wrote: »
    I could see this scenario tomorrow: Tipp are 3 points ahead with 10 minutes to go and they suddenly realize "oh friggin' hell if we win this we'll have to play them hoors from KK, and we know how that'll go"....................and Cork win by 7 ;)

This.
    One things for sure we wont be botching it in the last 15 minutes anyway unlike "some" teams

Oh, here's you.
    Dan, could you go over to the Limerick forum and rock the boat there. They seem to be obsessed with some guy called Hickey who according to a lot of the posters there is a one man demolition squad. Apparently he is going to cause havoc to our full back line , half back, midfield and even our half forward line. He is going to inflict damage all over the field while we will be able to do nothing about it but sit back and admire him, you know the way Kilkenny usually do. You would know him better than us as your lot played against him recently and we just remember a slip of a lad that Eddie Brennan put in his pocket shortly after the parade had finished in 07.

This rubbish about a player who was probably good enough for an All-Star before the semi-final and is a dead cert for it now.

You can have your opinion but don't spout nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Kkboy

Ok, here you go.

This.

Oh, here's you.

This rubbish about a player who was probably good enough for an All-Star before the semi-final and is a dead cert for it now.

I think we are all very chastened after that post

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Go now to www.graigueballycallan.ie to see the winners in the club Forecast Competition 2014!!.A huge thank you to all who entered and to those who sold the tickets. Congratulations to the winners!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Ok, here you go.

This.

Oh, here's you.

How is it nonsense its called banter, do you expect us to be dry sh*tes altogether. People are never happy, Kilkenny are always scapegoated for having supporters who dont enjoy a bit of banter with other counties(which isnt true by the way) and then when we engage in it with a person from across the border in Tipp when he comes on here, youre complaining. Jaysus youre very sensitive altogether and your not even from Tipp. Wheres your sense of humour? Its just a bit of banter over and back whats the harm in that and all those quotes were in reaction to Dan Breen who is from Tipp and is constantly coming on here stirring it up, hes the one that normally starts it and in this case he started it by banging on about the 5 in a row. There are worse things that could be said, its not like were insulting people personally. Lighten up a bit man

and by the way no one is degrading Seamus Hickey, he is a fantastic hurler as proved last Sunday and your really blowing it out of proportion, that quote is definately misinterpreted. Id imagine the point savannahkat was trying to get across that Seamus Hickey is not a one man army in whatever poor attempt he made at wording it, he wasnt saying that Hickey is a bad player or anything like that as you seem to be suggesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Ok, here you go.

This.

Oh, here's you.

I am truly sorry.:o

[QUOTE=
    and by the way no one is degrading Seamus Hickey, he is a fantastic hurler as proved last Sunday and your really blowing it out of proportion, that quote is definately misinterpreted. Id imagine the point savannahkat was trying to get across that Seamus Hickey is not a one man army in whatever poor attempt he made at wording it, he wasnt saying that Hickey is a bad player or anything like that as you seem to be suggesting[/QUOTE]

Jazes Pm, I have not been as badly chastised for me English composition since the Rev Brother in the CBS boxed me ears in junior cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Jazes Pm, I have not been as badly chastised for me English composition since the Rev Brother in the CBS boxed me ears in junior cert.

Well I originally had no problem with it anyway, I got the point you were making straight away. Someone else does though after bringing it up a good while after it was said

Just to clarify Seamus Hickey deserved man of the match and in my opinion deserves an all star. My point and you read it right was that he was never going to beat us on his own as some Limerick supporters were promoting. Also I never object to Dan Breen coming on this forum sometimes I actually enjoy his ribbing and give it back which I have to say he never takes any great umbrage with either.
    I also believe this coming game will be one of the hardest we will have in the recent confrontations between ourselves and Tipp. At present I believe the odds favor Tipp for many reasons not least being that we are no longer the team we were even in 2012. We found it hard to beat them in our own backyard last year with a fanatical support behind us and were some what lucky to beat them in this years league final. By no means am I saying we will not beat them but it will take an almighty effort. I have no doubts though that Brian Cody will bring a plan as he has done v Tipp since he took over. Who he selects to start will have an almighty bearing on the game because it is not a game where we will want to be bringing in subs to chase the game. We will have to go point for point with Tipp all through and wear them down but if we let them get up a decent lead we will struggle but so too will they if we get the lead. We will have to put doubts in their collective minds from early on and after the recent history between the sides they will be a little more brittle than us and that is not meant as an insult it is human nature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,157 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Brace yourselves for Dan Breens arrival on his high horse

Great performance yesterday. To be honest I'm easy about whether or not we win the all ireland now, the main thing was to beat our great rivals in croke park.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Great performance yesterday. To be honest I'm easy about whether or not we win the all ireland now, the main thing was to beat our great rivals in croke park.

Ye'll be favourites now Dan, deservedly so.

Tinfoil sales in the North Riding are up already! ;-0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

It means nothing if a medal isn't achieved. KK were beaten last year by ourselves but we didn't win AI so it didn't mean jack after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Amprodude wrote: »
    It means nothing if a medal isn't achieved. KK were beaten last year by the ref but we didn't win AI so it didn't mean jack after all.

Fixed that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Hitchens

It means nothing if a medal isn't achieved. KK were beaten last year by ourselves but we didn't win AI so it didn't mean jack after all.

So the Munster Title means nothing after all?

dzer2 wrote: »
    Fixed that for you

The ref is a great man. He single handedly won the 2009 AI for KK and could say 2013 Munster Final for Limerick. But that doesn't change the fact of the result.

Hitchens wrote: »
    So the Munster Title means nothing after all?

The last three teams that won Munster 2012-14 have frozen in the semi final stage. Tipp 2012, Limerick 2013, and Cork 2014 so it's worthless I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭BQQ

The ref is a great man. He single handedly won the 2009 AI for KK and could say 2013 Munster Final for Limerick. But that doesn't change the fact of the result.

KK won that game by 5 points. If you're looking for someone to blame, blame Benny Dunne for that filthy stroke that left KK with an extra man.
    That was the winning of the game.

BQQ wrote: »
    KK won that game by 5 points. If you're looking for someone to blame, blame Benny Dunne for that filthy stroke that left KK with an extra man.
    That was the winning of the game.

Cork won that game by 5 points. If you're looking for someone to blame,blame Henry Shefflin for that filthy swipe that left Cork with an extra man. That was the winning of the game.

Cork won that game by 5 points. If you're looking for someone to blame,blame Henry Shefflin for that filthy swipe that left Cork with an extra man. That was the winning of the game.

Did you actually see the game and if so can you put up a link to that dirty swing your talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭BQQ

I never said cork won last year because of the referee.
    And comparing Henry's red (which was rescinded) to Benny Dunnes is a joke.

Did you actually see the game and if so can you put up a link to that dirty swing your talking about.

I sure did and many like yourself said KK lost due to The ref but Cork were well on top before Shefflin was ever sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Grats

BQQ wrote: »
    I never said cork won last year because of the referee.
    And comparing Henry's red (which was rescinded) to Benny Dunnes is a joke.

What Shane O'Neill did to Larkin was worse than anything in the Kilkenny v Cork game and he got away with it. Cork got a further dig out against Dublin when the same player should again have got his marching papers.

Had read in the Examiner where Cusack was comparing Harnedy with Henry! Was in Croke Park yesterday I would concur with Cusack insofar as both players wear green helmets!

I sure did and many like yourself said KK lost due to The ref but Cork were well on top before Shefflin was ever sent off.

And that link your going to throw up there.

As with all games it very hard to say what would have happened when a poor decision reduces a team by a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

Speaking of which, could we be facing a Barry Kelly All-Ireland final?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Grats

Speaking of which, could we be facing a Barry Kelly All-Ireland final?

Usually one of the quarter final refs get the final. Gavin and Kelly would therefore be in the running. Considering that Gavin got it last year, most likely it will be Kelly.

Ps Cork wouldn't have wanted Gavin after last year. They had already decided on Kelly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pat 22

Grats wrote: »
    Usually one of the quarter final refs get the final. Gavin and Kelly would therefore be in the running. Considering that Gavin got it last year, most likely it will be Kelly.

Ps Cork wouldn't have wanted Gavin after last year. They had already decided on Kelly!!!

I'm sure frank had him already chosen for the final. Too bad they forgot they had a semi final to win yesterday !!

And that link your going to throw up there.

As with all games it very hard to say what would have happened when a poor decision reduces a team by a man.

Here you go.

http://balls.ie/gaa/gifs-henry-shefflin-sent-off-for-2nd-yellow-card/

woeful dirty swing that so dirty he missed.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

woeful dirty swing that so dirty he missed.:rolleyes:

You asked for the link and you got it and yet you aren't happy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement