Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ttowncat

Anyone know How was Richie Power's knee?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭robwen

ttowncat wrote: »
    Anyone know How was Richie Power's knee?

Well he scored 1-13 so I reckon not to bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

pat 22 wrote: »
    We cud do with a few quality forwards to cone on. It seems like the well has dried up the last few yrs. Hopefully he and a few more wit him make it.

Hopefully indeed but I also seem to remember a few years back when Colin Fennelly was a Minor that he was in and out of the team too so Minor is not always a true reflection of a players talent

Anyone go to the Clara V O Loughlins game this evening? I was supposed to pay a trip to Jenkinstown tonight to see it but was unable to due to work commitments. I heard it was a right belter. Anyone on here provide a match report?

A very good win for the Boro over James Stephens tonight. Hope there were no injuries in any of the games.

I hear the Boro have Eddie O Donoghue back too after he was unavailable for a long time due to various injuries and travelling. A very good hurler and heard he played very well tonight too. A great addition for them

I also heard Andrew Gaffney went of injured at the end too after a fantastic game for the young lad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Heard Andy Gaffney was fantastic as well. Apparently he shared a lot of the same traits and talent his older brother Murt possessed at that age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Grats wrote: »
    Thought you'd enjoy that result alright! Boro lead early on by 4 points or so. Village fought back to lead at half time 2.7 to 1.7. Village lead by 5 points twice in second half but Boro finished strongly and won by a well deserved four points.

Excellent performance and result for Boro. Not only did they beat their great City rivals but in so doing qualified directly for the quarter finals and sent Village into the playoff for a quarter final spot. Young Andy Gaffney had a wonderful game for his tender years. Scored some great long range points from frees and had a very good game generally. No apparent injuries to report.

Thought myself the village were the better team. Boro got a flukey goal when the village goalie went asleep at the end. Village players combined better IMO. Jackie lorded it at CB. Larks was quiet by his standards. Cillian was energetic and strong as usual. Didn't see anything remarkable from A Gaffney. Good on the frees but little from general play. For me Scanlon looked far more lively. Saw Hoban at the match so he'll have his own opinion. Would agree on O'Donoghue. He scored the last 1-1 I think. For a lad who has been away he had more hurling in him than a lot of his team mates. Matt Ruth is still a long way off a return to IC. The most effective for the village was Flood. Ungainly but very competitive and effective.
    Good result for the Boro. Into the QF. Depending on the draw they could make a county final. Don't think they have the quality to win it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

citykat wrote: »
    Thought myself the village were the better team. Boro got a flukey goal when the village goalie went asleep at the end. Village players combined better IMO. Jackie lorded it at CB. Larks was quiet by his standards. Cillian was energetic and strong as usual. Didn't see anything remarkable from A Gaffney. Good on the frees but little from general play. For me Scanlon looked far more lively. Saw Hoban at the match so he'll have his own opinion. Would agree on O'Donoghue. He scored the last 1-1 I think. For a lad who has been away he had more hurling in him than a lot of his team mates. Matt Ruth is still a long way off a return to IC. The most effective for the village was Flood. Ungainly but very competitive and effective.
    Good result for the Boro. Into the QF. Depending on the draw they could make a county final. Don't think they have the quality to win it though.

Would agree with that assessment to be honest. Derek Brennan was at fault for both Boro goals (rushed off his line for the first one unnecessarily). That said, on what we saw last night neither of those teams will be doing anything in the Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

Would agree with that assessment to be honest. Derek Brennan was at fault for both Boro goals (rushed off his line for the first one unnecessarily). That said, on what we saw last night neither of those teams will be doing anything in the Championship.

Yeah agree he was at fault for both. Matthew was poor alright but i hear he is training with the county panel again anyway. Some wowful decision making when shooting by the village there were several bad wides from balls that clearlt should have been laid off yo the runners.

Seen cody on the line is he a part of the village selectors this year?

Seen cody on the line is he a part of the village selectors this year?

Afaik he's one of the selectors.

• Advertisement

See Murphy was listed at CF for Glenmore. Did he play? No listing for Alan is he injured?

Heard it's village v Clara in first round. Good news for other contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mullinr2

It looks like its going to be Tipp. Cork are dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Ill be having a few sleepless nights because of the Tipps forwards. They are playing like they did in 2010, which is a worry for us as our backs are no speed merchants. Our forwards will need to on fire to beat Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

citykat wrote: »
    See Murphy was listed at CF for Glenmore. Did he play? No listing for Alan is he injured?

Eoin played according to twitter,Alan got a straight red against Tullogher so was suspended I presume.

Brace yourselves for Dan Breens arrival on his high horse

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

My mother is from Kilkenny so I usually support them (coming from Wicklow I don't get the chance to support a good team) but the amount of rubbish spouted on this forum from some fans would turn me off Kilkenny. Best of luck to both teams and hopefully any time I check in on this forum there won't be any nonsense.

My mother is from Kilkenny so I usually support them (coming from Wicklow I don't get the chance to support a good team) but the amount of rubbish spouted on this forum from some fans would turn me off Kilkenny. Best of luck to both teams and hopefully any time I check in on this forum there won't be any nonsense.

Whats this behaviour you speak of? Were all entitled too our opinion last time I checked and a bit of banter along the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Charlie69

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Whats this behaviour you speak of? Were all entitled too our opinion last time I checked and a bit of banter along the way

What did you think of Tipp's last 15 mins today murph:D

Charlie69 wrote: »
    What did you think of Tipp's last 15 mins today murph:D

Luckily enough for them the job was already done for them before then, they didnt need the last 15 mins afterall:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

I too am appalled. Terrible altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Nash is a brutal bad shot stopper

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pat 22

Really pi**end off wit that result. Its getting boring beating tipp. Wud hav loved to beat cork in the final. Oh well tipp will have to do !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CATwalk

Tipp are definetly going to be a handful, very good forwards, good vision to find each other. Were at a canter in the end. Gonna take a big game from our lads to beat them. Goals will win the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Kkboy

Cant help thinking back to Diarmuid Lyng on Newstalk calling Kilkennys and Tipp's style agricultural and the general commentary that both teams where yesterdays men who had been out thought by the new wave of Clare and Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭pat 22

Its Gona b some final. 2 best teams in the country for the last 6 yrs. Tickets will b scarce ...

pat 22 wrote: »
    Its Gona b some final. 2 best teams in the country for the last 6 yrs. Tickets will b scarce ...

I think theyre only on sale through the clubs too as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Tipp are good and have been very good since 2009. In any other era they would have won at least 3 All Irelands. They have excellent forwards, a good midfield and teak tough defenders. That they did not win more is down to the sheer excellence of the Kilkenny team in the same period. For the coming game they have a lot more to prove than Kilkenny and from where both teams sit after the semi finals Tipp look to be the more settled, the more impressive but not the more driven team and in the end this could very well be the decisive factor.
    Without a doubt, Kilkenny have to find massive improvement on our displays to date to once more beat the old enemy. It will take a supreme effort from all our players and that is one thing we can be assured they will give. If Tipp are to beat us they will have to earn it and I doubt though they are good that they are good enough to take Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭dzer2

While tipp looked good the last 2 days out you could not measure how poor Dublin and Cork were both days. There was no pressure on the backs and puck outs at all today. Tipp done what they liked up to the half forward line and from there up it was a turkey shoot yet they only got 2 goals. The first goal was a terrible mistake by the full back. There was a period in the first half when corks half back line got to grips with the supply line and smothered the tipp forwards. Corks touch and imagination was non existent even in this period and with better shot selection and ball distribution could have being level at half time. Some of the wide they hit were junior level. Cork were competitive up to the second goal and then they threw their hat in. Kilkennys forwards won't give Tipps backs that time and space and will cut down the good supply the forwards got today. I just see Kilkenny bringing a lot more to the table in terms of hunger and intensity which will in turn bring greater pressure on Tipp. In the last few yrs Cody has put a speed merchant on Paudie Maher at half back and he has being cleaned out put the shackles on him and you have cut Tipps forward threat in half. Kilkenny by 5 or more in the final for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Thought Tipp were excellent today and look every bit as driven as Kilkenny, no wild celebrations at the final whistle, just another hurdle negotiated for a team on a mission.

Arguably the best set of forwards in the country too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement