Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Badabing wrote: »
    Will Tommy if brought on go into the forwards or half back?

It's Tommy .... he can play anywhere.

Maybe not in goal though, but I wouldn't bet against it! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

You're damn right. He's no Niall Moran, I don't care what anyone says.

Indeed, very poor sign for Limerick when they are bringing this guy back. But a Div 1b team.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Danville

Is it possible to view the match in France tomorrow,if so how?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Danville wrote: »

On Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Danville wrote: »

its on sky sports 3/ but only the senior game , the minor match is on tg4

the other option is GaaGO https://gaago.rte.ie/ which is run by rte as an on demand severice and works overseas 14 euro is a bit steep for one game though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Brian017

Sky don't broadcast to France though.

Brian017 wrote: »
    Sky don't broadcast to France though.

https://gaago.rte.ie/ they will have to use this then, but 14 euro per game seems very expensive , i know its good to have an option to watch it unlike up to last year but rte seem to be making sure they rip off the expats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Brian017

https://gaago.rte.ie/ they will have to use this then, but 14 euro per game seems very expensive , i know its good to have an option to watch it unlike up to last year but rte seem to be making sure they rip off the expats

I guess GAAGO will take the RTE feed and commentary, will they? Cause thats what the expats are more familiar with

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Does anyone here think that odds of kk 4/9 & lk 9/4 are a bit lop sided? I know if tipp were playing kk tomorrow the odds would not be as generous yet limerick have had the upper hand on Tipp for the last few years.

Brian017 wrote: »
    I guess GAAGO will take the RTE feed and commentary, will they? Cause thats what the expats are more familiar with

yeah basicaly its rte's coverage of the match but you have to pay for it , for not being in the country

• Advertisement

Does anyone here think that odds of kk 4/9 & lk 9/4 are a bit lop sided? I know if tipp were playing kk tomorrow the odds would not be as generous yet limerick have had the upper hand on Tipp for the last few years.

i agree it should be closer slightly in the betting , but you would have to say it would be hard to back against a kilkenny team with a chip on there shoulder , also croke park is not a happy hunting ground of late for limerick and i just cant see kilkenny going multiple years without a win there so 4/9 seems accurate enough

where limerick should be shorter is the fact they beat comfortably a tipperary side that lost pushed kilkenny all the way in there previous game back in june , there impressive nature of there win against wexford was kilkenny esque , but they are probably too many qustion marks hanging over there heads, the porfermance against cork was uninspiring , and there record at croker is poor , i have no doubt they will go close but i would find it hard to argue with kiklkennys odds

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You'll surely be able to find a bar with Sky in France? They are all setup to show premier league anyway. What part of France?

Other than that your best bet is Skygo but you will need to find somewhere with good Internet to watch it on.

i agree it should be closer slightly in the betting , but you would have to say it would be hard to back against a kilkenny team with a chip on there shoulder , also croke park is not a happy hunting ground of late for limerick and i just cant see kilkenny going multiple years without a win there so 4/9 seems accurate enough

where limerick should be shorter is the fact they beat comfortably a tipperary side that lost pushed kilkenny all the way in there previous game back in june , there impressive nature of there win against wexford was kilkenny esque , but they are probably too many qustion marks hanging over there heads, the porfermance against cork was uninspiring , and there record at croker is poor , i have no doubt they will go close but i would find it hard to argue with kiklkennys odds

You made some good points there althogh I'm not sure why kk would have a chip on their shoulder?

You made some good points there althogh I'm not sure why kk would have a chip on their shoulder?

poor season last year by there own high standerd's didnt get past the 1/4 finals and more to the point everyone writing them off saying they are a finshed product they seem like a team with a point to prove this year despite all there success in the past

poor season last year by there own high standerd's didnt get past the 1/4 finals and more to the point everyone writing them off saying they are a finshed product they seem like a team with a point to prove this year despite all there success in the past

I agree with your post, but I wouldn't describe it as 'having a chip on their shoulder' though IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Dan, could you go over to the Limerick forum and rock the boat there. They seem to be obsessed with some guy called Hickey who according to a lot of the posters there is a one man demolition squad. Apparently he is going to cause havoc to our full back line , half back, midfield and even our half forward line. He is going to inflict damage all over the field while we will be able to do nothing about it but sit back and admire him, you know the way Kilkenny usually do. You would know him better than us as your lot played against him recently and we just remember a slip of a lad that Eddie Brennan put in his pocket shortly after the parade had finished in 07.

I agree with your post, but I wouldn't describe it as 'having a chip on their shoulder' though IMO.

true bad choice of words but it was more in relation to there ruthlessness on the field as opposed to there attitude off the field, bar taking there foot of the pedal against galway they have pretty much steamrolled any opposition in front of them

Dan, could you go over to the Limerick forum and rock the boat there. They seem to be obsessed with some guy called Hickey who according to a lot of the posters there is a one man demolition squad. Apparently he is going to cause havoc to our full back line , half back, midfield and even our half forward line. He is going to inflict damage all over the field while we will be able to do nothing about it but sit back and admire him, you know the way Kilkenny usually do. You would know him better than us as your lot played against him recently and we just remember a slip of a lad that Eddie Brennan put in his pocket shortly after the parade had finished in 07.

I think savannah you must mean seamus hickey who some would say was given fairly rough treatment by eddie and his friends in 07. And why? Because he was young and inexperienced and was seen as fair game and vunerable by kilkenny.

I think savannah you must mean seamus hickey who some would say was given fairly rough treatment by eddie and his friends in 07. And why? Because he was young and inexperienced and was seen as fair game and vunerable by kilkenny.

Of course he was young, of course he was vulnerable but we did not put him in the middle of the firing line, Limerick did that and obviously way before he was ready. We just accepted the gift pulling the trigger at ready never bothering to wait for the aim or fire. We owe no apology to young Hickey but I think Limerick might.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

I watched that game back today. Hickey didn't get any 'special treatment'. He was 19 years old playing in a senior AI. He'd put Neymar to shame with some of his antics. Hope he leaves that s***e at home in LK. If you want to see special treatment, check out Lawlor's 'shoulder' on Lyng in the first half. Worst tackle in the whole game, wasn't even blown. Duignan in commentary repeatedly referred to how many decisions LK got compared to KK particularly in first half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Just about to leave home for Croke Park and feeling very nervous, at least three players on our bench that needed to start imo, hope I,m wrong.We'll find out very soon.
    I think Holden needs too much time on the ball for the intensity Limerick will bring today and would have P walsh at number 5, and for me a fit and hungry Henry starts every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

Charlie69 wrote: »
    Just about to leave home for Croke Park and feeling very nervous, at least three players on our bench that needed to start imo, hope I,m wrong.We'll find out very soon.
    I think Holden needs too much time on the ball for the intensity Limerick will bring today and would have P walsh at number 5, and for me a fit and hungry Henry starts every time.
    Totally agree about Holden, think he's far too laborious with the ball. Hope we're proven wrong. Don't know what to say about Henry, if he is genuinely going as well as everyone says he is then 60 mins is far far too late. I'm guessing his introduction will be directly related to how Mark Kelly goes.....

Kilkenny 0--10 Waterford 0-06 Half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭BQQ

Kilkenny 0--10 Waterford 0-06 Half time.

Good first half from the lads.
    Ross Butler lucky the ref didn't see that helmet tug though.
    Very stupid thing to do and could have cost us dearly.

Couple of goal chances gone a begging and they get in for one at the same time.
    Draw match now.

Edit: Wat 1-13 KK 0-16 (final score)

Although we got the last score, I can't help feeling we left that one behind a wee bit.
    Blanchfield and Scanlon were the standout players for us. John Walsh looked lively when he came on.

I'd imagine Waterford are relieved. They were behind most of the match and were guilty of a lot of hero stuff - like trying to flick it over people's heads and going for scores from way out the field.

Extra time to come.

Poor second half from the minors. They played very deep and hit some poor shots. They butchered some goal chances.

Poor second half from the minors. They played very deep and hit some poor shots. They butchered some goal chances.

Just butchered another. And missed the 65.

Will be really disappointing if we let this slip

Edit: 2 points up half time in extra time. Dominated that 10 mins

GOAL.

John Walsh kicks to the net. KK up 6 now. looks like game over.

Edit: 8 pts up now and we miss another goal chance.

We've really dominated the extra time.

FT: WAT 1-14 kk 1-23

They completely dominated that extra-time. It was 1-07 to 0-01. Great goal.... Who said we can't play football :pac:

The minors will have to improve a good bit for the final. I think they will though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭amber69

John Walsh had a great game when he came on. We left Blanchfield full foward too long. Better side but nearly left it after us in normal time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement