Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you done ecstasy or MDMA.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

How do you know the powder that someone gives/sells you is MDMA?

We're not going through this again. People I know buy it in advance from trusted sources. Even so, there is always an element of risk (even though it's practically miniscule). So just leave it to the "pillheads" to have their fun while you laugh down at them. Win win for both parties.

For what it's worth, there is nothing better than being with people you like and being hit by a good, clean pill. It's the best feeling ever. I would go as far as to say I pity anyone who is in their twenties in this day and age and point blank refuses to try it - but that's just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

fearrua wrote: »
    almost everyone I know on the course do various pills on nights out, and I still don't really get why to be honest.

Because obviously it's a f*cking laugh. Why else do you think they do it? They enjoy it like. That's one of the biggest things that often gets lost in the "drugs are bad" narrative; people take them because it's a pleasurable activity.

fearrua wrote: »
    On my old DCU course, nobody did any drugs bar booze and a few guys who smoked pot. When I dropped out and started going to Trinners it was like a whole new world, almost everyone I know on the course do various pills on nights out, and I still don't really get why to be honest.

I find the country lads are the ones with the biggest stigma towards drugs, and in my experience it's the casual GAA players who are the worst for it. They'd never touch a pill but they'll wash their weekly game of football down with 12 pints every weekend no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭corner of hells

We're not going through this again. People I know buy it in advance from trusted sources. Even so, there is always an element of risk (even though it's practically miniscule). So just leave it to the "pillheads" to have their fun while you laugh down at them. Win win for both parties.

For what it's worth, there is nothing better than being with people you like and being hit by a good, clean pill. It's the best feeling ever. I would go as far as to say I pity anyone who is in their twenties in this day and age and point blank refuses to try it - but that's just my opinion.

A reputable dealer ?

A reputable dealer ?

People you know to have tried the stuff before. People who are in some way connected to your social circle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

100's of times. Drinking and drugs is the best craic. It's even better when you can both drink/take drugs incessantly AND manage to go to university and lead a successful life (well, I did fail my 2nd year and have been out for 2 years but Im going back!).

Going to festivals is literally one of my favourite past times ever.
    People you know to have tried the stuff before. People who are in some way connected to your social circle.

lol, to be honest, even doing it with complete strangers also off their chops is great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

A reputable dealer ?

Yes plenty of them around. Even if you don't trust local, the silk road is nearly always perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

So the answer is, "we can't know." That's fair enough.

As opposed to all the dirty ones out there? But there's only a "miniscule" risk of that right? What with all the quality assurance checks nowadays.

A reputable dealer ?

Yeah, it's all about looking into their eyes apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

As opposed to all the dirty ones out there? But there's only a "miniscule" risk of that right? What with all the quality assurance checks nowadays.

Most pills/mdma/speed or whatever is tested by it's manufacturers first. They obviously want a product that keeps people coming back for more. There's websites online that will help you identify your pill and give you feedback on it. There really is a miniscule risk. Me and my friends have taken all the drugs under the stars (way too) many times and not once has one of us ever suffered serious side effects - apart from some people becoming space cadets of course.

Unless you're buying from absolute knackers, then the chances of being shítty, cut risky drugs are raised a lot higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Here's a quick question but before that to respond to the initial one never have and to be quite honest people that do these drugs to me are as much junkies as heroin addicts.

So in your mind what defines a junkie?

JamboMac wrote: »
    Here's a quick question but before that to respond to the initial one never have and to be quite honest people that do these drugs to me are as much junkies as heroin addicts.

Middle class drug users hate when people call them junkies.

To me, anyone who uses illegal drugs is a junkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It doesn't appeal to me at all really, doubt I'll ever try it.

That's redefining the word junkie. There's no reason to do that unless you're deliberately trying to annoy people. A junkie is an addict by definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

LOL! People don't get addicted to ecstasy like they do heroin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Done it, loved it.

So much better than alcohol

This is ludicrous.

Casual drug users keep it to the weekend, go to college or have a 9-5 job and pay their taxes just like everyone else. I guarantee you there are people you know and respect who have taken/still do take drugs - would you immediately label them as junkies if you found out?

MDMA is not addictive - habitual perhaps but certainly not addictive like heroin. Some of the delusion here is baffling - it's fine if you don't want to try it yourself but to label users as junkies is embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A junkie is someone whose every waking moment is craving their next hit.

Someone who takes the odd e is certainly not a junkie, but a casual user.

I took ecstacy quite a bit as a teen/early 20s. Enjoyed it at the time, but wouldn't bother my arse with it anymore.

nouninformal
    a drug addict.
    a person with a compulsive habit or obsessive dependency on something.
    "power junkies"

That's the definition and compulsive habit is easily as such that every Friday before you go out you do these and then your jaw is swinging for the rest of the night and make probably a lot of people who don't know you uncomfortable, that feel your unpredictable in your head you might think everybody loves but there more afraid to say anything.

That's redefining the word junkie. There's no reason to do that unless you're deliberately trying to annoy people. A junkie is an addict by definition.

Perhaps, but the definition of words can change over time.

Illegal drug users are junkies in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

That's the definition and compulsive habit is easily as such that every Friday before you go out you do these and then your jaw is swinging for the rest of the night and make probably a lot of people who don't know you uncomfortable, that feel your unpredictable in your head you might think everybody loves but there more afraid to say anything.

That is some sentence!

This is ludicrous.

Casual drug users keep it to the weekend, go to college or have a 9-5 job and pay their taxes just like everyone else. I guarantee you there are people you know and respect who have taken/still do take drugs - would you immediately label them as junkies if you found out?

MDMA is not addictive - habitual perhaps but certainly not addictive like heroin. Some of the delusion here is baffling - it's fine if you don't want to try it yourself but to label users as junkies is embarrassing.

Many heroin addicts have jobs too and come from the rich to the poor and none of them see themselves as a junkie either.

I'm not trying to actually offend and I'm sure there's more like me with similar opinion.

Many heroin addicts have jobs too and come from the rich to the poor and none of them see themselves as a junkie either.

I'm not trying to actually offend and I'm sure there's more like me with similar opinion.

I think you guys need to come up with a catchy word for 'recreational drug user', because the one you're using now doesn't mean that and makes you look antagonistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TheGlass

Take it every now and then, 3-4 times a year. Good fun, and I think its had a positive impact on my life, made me a lot more open in general, and able talk to friends about stuff we'd probably have kept bottled up before.
    FTA69 wrote: »
    Some of it is. There's plenty of that stuff cut up as well. The "one pill could kill you stone dead" is one of the biggest moral panics we had in the past few decades anyway. You're more likely to die after a few pints than you are after taking ecstasy.
    There are dodgy pills out there, especially now that ecstasy seems to be making a comeback, it pays to be vigilant.
    So the answer is, "we can't know." That's fair enough.

In Ireland maybe not, in more enlightened countries they have drug testing centers where you can bring in your pill and test it. It at least ensures the user knows what they're taking is safe.

Ridiculous. That's like saying someone who goes out once a month to eat in a restaurant and has a glass of wine with their meal is a full blown alcoholic

I think you guys need to come up with a catchy word for 'recreational drug user', because the one you're using now doesn't mean that and makes you look antagonistic.

How about "criminal"?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Middle class drug users hate when people call them junkies.

So anyone who smokes a joint is akin to an intravenous addict with a fixation for heroin?

I'm sorry but you're talking out your f*cking hoop.

How about "criminal"?

That only works for a subset of recreational drug users, but it's more accurate. Getting warmer.

FTA69 wrote: »
    So anyone who smokes a joint is akin to an intravenous addict with a fixation for heroin?

I'm sorry but you're talking out your f*cking hoop.

Akin in the sense that they are both junkies...users of "junk".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

Akin in the sense that they are both junkies...users of "junk".

As are people who eat junk food then? Everyone you see going into mcdonalds you refer to as a junkie yeah?

• Advertisement

desultory wrote: »
    As are people who eat junk food then? Everyone you see going into mcdonalds you refer to as a junkie yeah?

They're foodies :p

Advertisement