Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you done ecstasy or MDMA.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Experience of middle-class drug users.

So yet another absolutely baseless point made by your good self that you can't back up with fact!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

Obama confessed to smoking a few joints back in his college days, is he a junkie?

He also confessed to doing coke on multiple occasions. Given that with the older anti drug crowd either dead or a small minority of elderly folk the admission didn't cause too much controversy seeing as most people under the age of 70 in the US have probably done a few lines at some stage.

Compare that to the strength of the older anti drug subsection of the population not even 20 years prior, when Bill Clinton was forced into an "I did but I really didn't" claim that he was the only college student in late 60's America who didn't inhale.

Even George W came up with some oblique excuse that if he had joined the FBI in the mid 80's he could truthfully attest that he hadn't taken drugs in the prior 12 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

So yet another absolutely baseless point made by your good self that you can't back up with fact!

It's a point of opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

do you have the same crusade for people who drink?

Nope. Why? Because drink is legal :rolleyes:

do you have the same crusade for people who drink?

No. Unless they drink to excess or are an alcoholic. That would be a worry.

My concern for illegal drug-users, especially those who ingest pills, is that it can sometimes lead to sudden death.

• Advertisement

It's a point of opinion.

That you represent as fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

thefloss wrote: »
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/lsquostay-away-from-drugsrsquo-pleads-priest-at-funeral-270236.html

Am I wrong for thinking 'yeah this guy looks like your typical pill head?'
    Most pill heads I know are clean-cut middle-class sorts, so no, in my experience.

Also, a priest appealing to young people to stay off the pingers. That'll be effective.

That you represent as fact!

Are you injecting the mary jane right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Most pill heads I know are clean-cut middle-class sorts, so no, in my experience.

Also, a priest appealing to young people to stay off the pingers. That'll be effective.

As well as alcohol because it's a gateway drug.

So his "advice" is for young people to stay away from drink, drugs and of course not to have sex before marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No. I'm just saying that there are quite a number of poisonous mushrooms, even in Ireland and you can make yourself very ill by eating some of them - you can even kill yourself if you eat enough of a really dodgy species.

I thought everyone knew that.
    I doubt everyone has an in depth knowledge of mushroom species, no. But anyone that get's into mushroom picking whether for food, recreational drug use or simple mycology interest knows that some are poisonous, some make you high and some taste lovely. You don't want to mix them up that's for sure but taking the ones that get you high aren't going to have any significant health implications. They don't make you want to jump out windows for no reason like the media would have you believe and there is next to no comedown whatsoever. One minute you're high the next you're just not and back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

nope

Are you injecting the mary jane right now?

Nah I hate needles. Are you taking ketamine?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭CatLou

On some very sporadic nights out I'll do liquid MD with some friends, it's pretty ok, makes you feel good and more outgoing, but not overly ecstatic. Just a few drops with our drinks and then a lot of water throughout the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MY CUP OF TEA

From what I've seen it's the more intelligent people who take MDMA/ecstacy every month or two. Yes, going at it weekly is not ill-advised but a few times a year is perfect.

Do you mean they are more intelligent than people who dont take it at all?..or than people who take it all the time?

Personally, I never have, and never will. Lots of my friends do and I really couldnt care less as long as they a)keep it together when they're on one so I dont end up having to look after them and b)try push it on me.

What really drives me mad is people who do take drugs saying I'm dry/nieve/dull because I dont!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

No but I really want to

Do you mean they are more intelligent than people who dont take it at all?..or than people who take it all the time?

Personally, I never have, and never will. Lots of my friends do and I really couldnt care less as long as they a)keep it together when they're on one so I dont end up having to look after them and b)try push it on me.

What really drives me mad is people who do take drugs saying I'm dry/nieve/dull because I dont!!!

Than people who have a blanket ban on taking anything like that because they were told that drugs are bad - and label those who do as common filth and a bad influence.

I know plenty of people who don't take them - a lot are in my social circle and I have no problem with it. I do however have a problem with people who label users as degenerate scum or "junkies" and refuse to associate with them. You hang around with people who do, yet you are still friends with them. You have no problem with it and that's the reasonable stance to take as someone who it doesn't interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

The problem with debates like this is that people who have never tried pills/MDMA/drugs are completely against it, and the people who do take them are completely for it, there is no in between.

This time two years ago I would have been completely against it, and the exact same as a lot of posters on this thread, very quick to label people pillheads or junkies. I tried my first pill then and it changed my perspective on things, I could see why people would choose to do this, it was one of the most enjoyable experiences I ever had. I would now take them regularly enough, as would a lot of my friends, and I would imagine that if you met any of us without knowing this you would never label us scumbags or any derogatory names, why should what we choose to do for recreation change this? It can be very frustrating, and for this reason I imagine a lot of people who do take drugs try to keep it secret from the people they know who do not.

It's a very tough subject to keep an open mind about, as I said usually people are on one side of the fence or the other. Most people I know would never pressure anyone to take drugs, it is completely up to the individual, however it would be nice if in return people would stop looking down on recreational drug users as if they are the scum of the earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

The problem with debates like this is that people who have never tried pills/MDMA/drugs are completely against it, and the people who do take them are completely for it, there is no in between.

This time two years ago I would have been completely against it, and the exact same as a lot of posters on this thread, very quick to label people pillheads or junkies. I tried my first pill then and it changed my perspective on things, I could see why people would choose to do this, it was one of the most enjoyable experiences I ever had. I would now take them regularly enough, as would a lot of my friends, and I would imagine that if you met any of us without knowing this you would never label us scumbags or any derogatory names, why should what we choose to do for recreation change this? It can be very frustrating, and for this reason I imagine a lot of people who do take drugs try to keep it secret from the people they know who do not.

It's a very tough subject to keep an open mind about, as I said usually people are on one side of the fence or the other. Most people I know would never pressure anyone to take drugs, it is completely up to the individual, however it would be nice if in return people would stop looking down on recreational drug users as if they are the scum of the earth.

Couldnt have put that any better, I think people (including myself at one time) are a bit quick to judge.

Most people I know would never pressure anyone to take drugs, it is completely up to the individual, however it would be nice if in return people would stop looking down on recreational drug users as if they are the scum of the earth.

Recreational drug-users support an enormous amount of criminal activity. They may whinge about "legalisation", but as it stands, if you use an illegal drug today you are almost certainly supporting violent crime. Even if you use drugs that are "home-grown", as it were, you are driving a market demand that supports and finances violent crime. That's what illegal drug users are doing today by buying and consuming drugs.

Talk about legalisation, but don't fund criminals today and expect me to throw a parade for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Recreational drug-users support an enormous amount of criminal activity. They may whinge about "legalisation", but as it stands, if you use an illegal drug today you are almost certainly supporting violent crime. Even if you use drugs that are "home-grown", as it were, you are driving a market demand that supports and finances violent crime. That's what illegal drug users are doing today by buying and consuming drugs.

Talk about legalisation, but don't fund criminals today and expect me to throw a parade for you.

Awww :( and here was me waiting on my big parade...

To be honest I have zero interest in starting an argument with someone such as yourself, as I said in my other post people such as you (I assume) are completely against it, and I will not change your mind. Anyone who is against it is going to try and use any stick they can to beat drugs with, so there is no point in me trying to defend it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

At the moment the poll is showing that exactly 60% do or have taken Ecstasy or MDMA and exactly 40% havent.

Have to be honest and say I think thats not a true reflection on Irish society, I'd guess that its around 20-25% that have tried it to be honest, not 60%.

Boards is just full of E lovers :pac:

Awww :( and here was me waiting on my big parade...

To be honest I have zero interest in starting an argument with someone such as yourself, as I said in my other post people such as you (I assume) are completely against it, and I will not change your mind. Anyone who is against it is going to try and use any stick they can to beat drugs with, so there is no point in me trying to defend it.

No problem. I think most people are agreed anyway that illegal drug users support organised crime, it's not difficult to see.....follow the money and all that.

Just wanted to remind you that consuming illegal drugs is not the win-win lifestyle choice some would suggest it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Back to this again. The law creates the black market for criminal activity. People like drugs, always have and always will, you will never get people to stop taking drugs. None of the problems of international organised crime existed before prohibition created them. Drugs don't cause these problems, never had throughout their history, anti drug laws are solely responsible for the state of crime today.

Just like I have no control over the children that die mining for the minerals used in our electronics, I have no control over people forced into slave labour to put fruit and coffee on our tables. Unless you avoid electronic equipment and only buy local or fair trade products you're being hypocritical or blissfully ignorant of the markets you support.
    You expect people to spend decades of their time, hundreds of thousands of euros and face the ignorant mobs anger just to try some drugs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I had an MDMA credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

TheGlass wrote: »
    Take it every now and then, 3-4 times a year. Good fun, and I think its had a positive impact on my life, made me a lot more open in general, and able talk to friends about stuff we'd probably have kept bottled up before.

There are dodgy pills out there, especially now that ecstasy seems to be making a comeback, it pays to be vigilant.

In Ireland maybe not, in more enlightened countries they have drug testing centers where you can bring in your pill and test it. It at least ensures the user knows what they're taking is safe.

Ridiculous. That's like saying someone who goes out once a month to eat in a restaurant and has a glass of wine with their meal is a full blown alcoholic
    Than people who have a blanket ban on taking anything like that because they were told that drugs are bad - and label those who do as common filth and a bad influence.

I know plenty of people who don't take them - a lot are in my social circle and I have no problem with it. I do however have a problem with people who label users as degenerate scum or "junkies" and refuse to associate with them. You hang around with people who do, yet you are still friends with them. You have no problem with it and that's the reasonable stance to take as someone who it doesn't interest.

I find this funny that internet is getting all the grief for something I initiated.

I had friends that I used to smoke canabis with and as I didn't move onto harder drugs like coke and all these with them, they started getting paranoid towards me thinking I was a cop and started to become violent towards so don't think that these drugs are harmless.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Back to this again. The law creates the black market for criminal activity. People like drugs, always have and always will, you will never get people to stop taking drugs. None of the problems of international organised crime existed before prohibition created them. Drugs don't cause these problems, never had throughout their history, anti drug laws are solely responsible for the state of crime today.

Nonsense. You're just trying to excuse drug users from responsibility. If you buy drugs today (not in some hypothetical realm where drugs are legal) you ARE supporting organised crime. No amount of complaining about laws will change that.
    Just like I have no control over the children that die mining for the minerals used in our electronics, I have no control over people forced into slave labour to put fruit and coffee on our tables. Unless you avoid electronic equipment and only buy local or fair trade products you're being hypocritical or blissfully ignorant of the markets you support.

This is just whataboutery. Buying and consuming illegal drugs today supports violent organised crime.
    You expect people to spend decades of their time, hundreds of thousands of euros and face the ignorant mobs anger just to try some drugs?

I expect considerate people not to support violent, organised crime. That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

JamboMac wrote: »
    I find this funny that internet is getting all the grief for something I initiated.

I had friends that I used to smoke canabis with and as I didn't move onto harder drugs like coke and all these with them, they started getting paranoid towards me thinking I was a cop and started to become violent towards so don't think that these drugs are harmless.

There is a very strong smell of what comes from a male cow's bottom from that anecdote.

JamboMac wrote: »

Horse manure.

Never have and never plan on touching the stuff.

Drink does me just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Nope. Why? Because drink is legal :rolleyes:
    yeah, so its perfectly safe and causes no harm then, just because its legal, yeah, right

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement