Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you done ecstasy or MDMA.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

desultory wrote: »
    As are people who eat junk food then? Everyone you see going into mcdonalds you refer to as a junkie yeah?
    They're foodies :p

No, they're fatties. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Perhaps, but the definition of words can change over time.

Illegal drug users are junkies in my book.

What else is in that book of yours? Cows are the same thing as chickens?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Akin in the sense that they are both junkies...users of "junk".

Really bored of this now, why don't the "all drugs are bad" brigade head over to Sunshine, Lollipops & Rainbows: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1292

Leave this discussion to the grow ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

They're foodies :p

Nope. A "foodie" is someone who eats fine foods, not deep fried deliciousness from takeaways and fast foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Jordonvito wrote: »
    ... seems to be a lot more of it going on.. the past year or so

I hear that every year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

chewing the jaw of me self

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

murphym7 wrote: »
    Leave this discussion to the grow ups.

The grown ups who ingest and consume random concoctions of potentially dangerous chemicals? Those lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Maybe it's coincidental, but for all the alcoholics, potheads, cokesnorters and gluesniffers I've had dealings with in my time, there was none so woefully awful at getting up in the morning and doing an honest day's work as those on the yokes.

No time for it or users of it. At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

The grown ups who ingest and consume random concoctions of potentially dangerous chemicals? Those lads?

Why do you care what other people do?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

How do you know the powder that someone gives/sells you is MDMA?
    Do you actually want someone to tell you how to identify MDMA, or will you start accusing me of promoting drug consumption? Because if I told you how to identify MDMA it would only be telling all the children reading this thread how to buy better drugs.
    To me, anyone who uses illegal drugs is a junkie.
    Just like anyone who's had a drink is an alco. Anyone who's gone for a swim is a swimmer.
    Junkie is a derogatory term, it's meant to incite hatred and pigeon hole subversive people into the stereotypical "bad guys" category. It doesn't surprise me at all you'd use such derogatory terms, it helps degrade the people you want to despise so that you can blissfully ignore the facts of the argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

TheGlass wrote: »

Ridiculous. That's like saying someone who goes out once a month to eat in a restaurant and has a glass of wine with their meal is a full blown alcoholic
    Have you ever one of these space cadets wondering around your front trying to get in not knowing where they are and the majority of the people that do these drugs do them habitually, they think we can't tell there on something and they think there eloquent and intelligent.

Next time film yourself on these and see how messy you are.

That alcoholic comment is ludacris just trying to convince yourself is hilarious, I can accept your opinion that they ain't junkies but most would put them in the same category, pain killers aren't addictive many people seem to get addicted to them don't they.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I would call someone who smokes fags everyday a "junkie" over someone that takes MDMA a few times a year.

Not really, but that's the way I see it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hey, we're just trying to have a good time, narc. Why do you want to destroy us?'

HATE CRIIIIME

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

it's a fact that since the mid to late 80's when mdma was rediscovered as a drug to aid with the treatment of psychological issues there's been millions of tablets containing the substance and many tonnes of the drug in it's pure crystal form taken and although the majority of it's been produced in backstreet labs there's been very few deaths directly and solely attributed to mdma use.

viva le mitsubishi :p

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭irishdude11

I think Ecstasy is the best feeling in the world, at least as good as sex...but I don't think I will be doing it again as I nearly ended topping myself due to the depression it induced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭deadybai

Never ever would I touch them. Seen too many peoples life's destroyed by them.

murphym7 wrote: »
    Why do you care what other people do?

I care about other people. Don't want to see drug users get hurt or ruin their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

chewing the jaw of me self

I'm chewing the forehead of myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Where's the option for 'Tried it and have absolutely fúck all memory of it, so can't really judge whether I liked it or not'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Absolutely not. I've been at a few festivals where you spot pillheads going around trying to chew the jaw off themselves. Doesn't look appealing to me. People should have more respect for their bodies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I care about other people. Don't want to see drug users get hurt or ruin their lives.

I thought they were known as junkies?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

How about somebody who has a bottle of poitin or moonshine that they keep for special occasions? Sure, it might be alcohol, but because it's not legal, would you classify them as junkies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Only did it recently and im an inexperienced user but I recommend it to be honest, and as a poster said earlier: I actually feel sorry for those that refuse to do it. Its a pity its such a taboo subject among some because its an amazing experience that im very happy I havent missed out on.

Its a much nicer buzz than being drunk, and id imagine its not doing much worse damage to your body than alcohol does either.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Do you actually want someone to tell you how to identify MDMA, or will you start accusing me of promoting drug consumption? Because if I told you how to identify MDMA it would only be telling all the children reading this thread how to buy better drugs.

I suspect you'd tell me how to identify what appears to be MDMA. I would not base my ingestion of white powder decisions on your pharmacological x-ray specs.

I thought they were known as junkies?

Same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Absolutely not. I've been at a few festivals where you spot pillheads going around trying to chew the jaw off themselves. Doesn't look appealing to me. People should have more respect for their bodies.

Exactly! Respect your bodies... Now wheres the pints?

How about somebody who has a bottle of poitin or moonshine that they keep for special occasions? Sure, it might be alcohol, but because it's not legal, would you classify them as junkies?

Probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Same thing.

Ok so drug users and junkies are the "same thing". So using your logic anybody who has a drink is an alcoholic yeh?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭endacl

No poll option for me. Just a plain ol' passive 'no'. No judgement implied. Never did the drug. Wasn't in the scene. All growed up now so it's unlikely I ever will. It passed me by.

• Advertisement

Ok so drug users and junkies are the "same thing". So using your logic anybody who has a drink is an alcoholic yeh?

Alcoholic is quite a technical term, so not quite.

I just use the term junkie to refer to all illegal drug users. But I'm not a doctor.

Advertisement